[PEPPERMINT CHOCOLATE!] - cob...

Por pooksterr

in which sakura sato finds herself trying to balance karate, love and life all in one hand OR in which miguel... Más

prologue
cast
moodboards
act 1.
insta pt 1.
insta pt 2.
insta pt 3.
insta pt 4.
insta pt 5.
insta pt 6.
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
cast #2
6.
7.

8.

94 7 0
Por pooksterr

[cat or dog?]

* * *

SAKURA BURST OUT LAUGHING. she stood, wearing a beautiful dress and hat in preparation for the performance they were about to record. it was an entry, an audition to one of the most recognized dance competitions in usa, if not the world. people from all over flew down to la for this competition. sakura was notably the most confident out of her team - they'd busted their backs off for this and spent hours practicing. she knew it was nothing short of perfect. besides, seeing as it's an online entry, they'd have the advantage of multiple takes.

she stood, laughing at her friend who interviewed her for her youtube channel.

"so , what performance are you doing today?"

"jazz?"

"why are you laughing at me," alice frowned.

"you're interviewing me for your youtube channel with 12 followers," sakura shook her head.

"okay," the girl lowered her camera, "first of all, i have way more followers than that. second of all, we will finish this interview later,"

sakura raised her hands up in surrender and followed her blonde-haired friend to the practice room.

more than half an hour later they all stood, monitoring the video which was recorded on a fancy nikon camera.

"no. again," sakura sighed fixing her hair. her command was met with interjections of disapproval.

"oh c'mon, sakura,"

"fuck no!"

"girl, please, this take is already perfect," alicia told the girl. "you're literally the youngest out of all of us, i don't know why you're such a perfectionist. in any case, aren't you running on a tight schedule?"

sakura bit her lip in consideration. that much was true - she'd already had completed hours of piano practice and it wasn't even the afternoon yet.

"fine," she caved in with a sigh. " but if we don't make it in i'm committing third degree arson,"

* * *

i sat on my bed after having changed into more appropriate clothing. i then sighed, tiredly. my legs were already beginning to ache. i was late for karate now and then still gymnastics later? i'd also gotten a message from enrique informing me of my enrollment into private online language classes. in his words, "you can practice your other subjects at your own pace." i'm on holiday, for God's sake!

i decided not to go to karate just yet. standing up, i checked some of my messages as i made my way to my door.

_____________________

sammy wammy

11:01

soz

i'm gonna be late to practice 🚶‍♂️

girl

dON'T COME!

we're doing some weird ass geiko thing in a freezer

NAH

no waysss

kangeiko?!

yeah that 😭

i'm finished

so am i

wait gtg

don't come tho

ur dad will kill meee

nah he loves u

have dinner by us tdy

will do

we'll go for a drive

ttyl!

Sent 11:04

_____________________

my miggy !

5:00

good morrow!

hope you have a smashing day 🤞

5:17

dude i can't wait for franks new album

6:14

istg my piano teacher is racist

6:24

how does this guy have so much anger pent up at his old n shriveling age

6:37

old white men scare me

6:41

IM TIRED OF HIM I CANT WAIT FOR HIM TO DIE 😭😭

6:54

sorry that was mean he js said something very unbecoming to me in german and i unfortunately understood it

8:46

dance fit checkkkk:

9:13

HELPPP

NOT CLARA ASKING ME HOW UR DAD IS-💀💀

she said she hopes his cancer treatment is going well i-

10:07

did my guy johnno kill u or smt 🤨

10:17

i can't like johnny's sense of humour tops

10:50

literally live laugh love top gun

migggyyyy wya

Sent 11:04

______________________

Godfather 🥋

10:46

Are you coming to practice?

sorry, dance is just running a bit late :(

I see. We're doing shochu-geiko and kangeiko.

It would have been helpful.

oh no uncle danny, no ways

i did that in osaka two years ago

it was so cold

never again

Sam doesn't like it either

aren't you supposed to be at the dealership? aunty mandy was complaining

You got me there.

Please try to convince her later.

ah ah ah using me for your dirty work smh

What does "smh" mean?

Sent 11:04

______________________

roberto 🤡

10:56

😔

what, robert?

u left us to suffer alone 🖕🏻

relax i'm busy, and i did the exact same thing ur doing except in actual snow

js comeee

pls

demetri is so funny

unintentionally

i've js been laughing at him

sounds tempting but we'll laugh at him another time willy wonka

Sent 11:00
______________________

elijah 😍

10:39

bro

??

KREESE

😭😭😭😭

oh God

nah nah he's off his rockers

i been sayinggg

idfk atp

what's worse is that tory is falling for his shit

oh goodness

have you spoken to her ab it?

no not yet

i think i will after this practice

ill tell you at gym later

coolio stay safe

Sent at 10:40

______________________

i laughed at the last text from mr larusso. he typed like such a dad. i was still a bit worried about miguel since he hadn't answered my texts, but i didn't think too much of it seeing as i also take a hot minute to reply. i was indecisive now. i had heard the noises in the normally silent house. my father was definitely at home for the first time this month. maybe, just maybe, i could verbally convince him to, well, give me a break. i took a deep breath and decided to venture into the monsters den.

the third floor of this house was one i avoided. mostly i kept to myself, staying in either my room, the kitchen, the lounge or rooftop. this hallway went on for ages. i opened a door to a room which i believed to be my fathers study. my mouth dropped slightly. the room was completely empty, the only thing on the floor being a plastic sheet. two bodies were layed upon it, their throats slit with the metallic stench of blood filling the air. they were japanese men, i noticed, with tattoos covering every inch of their skin. probably people who tried to betray the organization. i just shook my head and grimaced at the gruesome sight. it had been a while since i'd last seen a corpse, however, with your father leading one of the biggest yakuza groups in the world, things like this don't bother you.

moving on, i made my way to what really is his study. i pushed open the mahogany door and was met with the sight of my father, leaning against the large wooden table. the man was dressed fancily as he always was, in his designer black coat and dress pants. he wore that same exasperated expression that always rested on his face. he was about to light a cigar but paused when i walked in, muttering "you're supposed to be at karate," in korean. i was surprised he remembered in the first place. soon the smell of his hand-rolled gurka royal courtesan cigars filled the air, the gold leaf along with the smoke glinting in the dusty sunlight. he liked to smoke cigars more expensive than someones house to show his status in front of others, however i knew when it was really just him he enjoyed his own hand rolled blunts and 1 dollar cigarettes.

"ah- annyeong, appa," i greeted hesitantly.

he didn't reply, breathing in the harmful smoke into his lungs and shifting his stance.

"well i was wondering if it'd be okay for me to stop piano and maybe tutoring as well," i proposed, stepping closer toward him.

"andwae." he answered shortly, still not looking at me,

"but why? appa, i'm on holiday! please, i can't keep living like this, i've already proven that i'm fantastic at piano and you know my grades are all perfect!"

"perfect is never enough. you've been slacking off too much lately,"

my mouth dropped. slacking off?!

"appa!" my voice got louder as i tried to control my emotions. "i barely sleep because i'm always busy. my legs ache and shake every single day at night. i spend hours playing piano, till my hands get sore. then i spend hours practicing at gym and dance till my routines are completely flawless. mind you i still have karate practice, and then when i finally come home i must still learn a new language? do university level sums? i can't do it! i can speak 4 languages already. i'm a prodigy, i've been on the bloody news. i was on tv last year, i won the world championship for women's karate, i've won world championships at gym and piano as well! i came out top in japan for english and two other subjects. i know for you it's never enough but for me it is! for me i've had enough." my voice broke and i knew as soon as the words left my mouth, i'd regret them.

what unnerved me most was that my father was just ignoring me. he turned around and walked behind his desk, sitting on his large leather chair and putting his cigar out on a golden ashtray. he then pulled a large stack of papers toward him, and began signing them with an expensive looking fountain pen. amongst the items on his desk was a matching gun and dagger on a holster. the only thing which appeared out of place was a thin, small pocket knife - he cherished it more than he cherished me and i knew this cheap steel knife had once belonged to my mother.

"are you done?" he questioned in japanese.

"i- appa- are you just gonna ignore all that?" i stuttered.

"i don't think you're being serious," he spoke as he continued signing documents.

not being serious? i was gutted by this point, and decided to do something extremely drastic.

"i'm serious, i can't live like this. constantly worrying about meeting expectations and pleasing you. and then enrique always on my back and i still need to be perfect and can't even have a moment of my holiday to myself? i won't live like this,"

all in one second, i slammed my left hand down on the table and grabbed the pocket knife off of it, swiftly flicking the knife open in order to follow that action by stabbing it into the center of my hand. if he wouldn't let me stop all this, then i'd force him to. however, my action was unsuccessful as my father, with his unnaturally fast reflexes, roughly pushed his own hand on top of mine. the knife went clean into it and i quickly let go of the silver object.

blood dripped onto my hand and rapidly pooled on the table. i stammered, staring wide-eyed at my father. his expression was still stoic, not an ounce of pain shown in his eyes. i figured he'd had much worse injuries but still- i just fucking stabbed my own father. he quickly took the knife out and i pressed down on the wound, trying to stop the fast bleeding.

my hands were stained red along with the white shirt i was wearing. i didn't care though, i'd just stabbed my father. God, i thought, why am i so stupid?

"just go," my father ordered, ripping my hand off his. he spoke in english, he was angry.

i'm gonna die.

"appa jeoneun- joesonghamnida- i'm so sorry, i'm so sorry!"

"sakura," he looked up, meeting my eyes for this first time during this whole exchange. "leave. now."

the look in his eyes. that's all it took for mine to fill with tears. i just wanted my father to tell me that he's proud of me. to comfort me, to love me. was that too much to ask? not even that, i literally just stabbed my father. i would definitely get punished for this. you see, the thing about my punishments is that my father doesn't carry them out, he gives that task to enrique. and enrique gets too creative, too ruthless, too harsh, too...touchy with me. i ran out the room and sprinted down the hallway.

speak of the fucking devil. i ran right into the man himself. just my luck. enrique stared down at me, that stupid smirk appearing on his face. it faltered though, when he noticed the copious amount of blood on me.

he grabbed my left wrist harshly, yanking me forward.

"whose blood is that?" he questioned, his mouth nearly touching my left ear. i'd have to cut my ear off after this like freaking Vincent Van Gogh.

his eyes raked my body, and when he couldn't find an apparent injury on me, he made the connection that the blood wasn't mine. that left-

"your father's?!"

i swallowed the lump in my throat as his grip tightened painfully on my wrist. i'd for sure be left with bruises after that.

enrique smiled sadistically, almost as if he hopes i get into trouble. once he finds out what had happened, i know it's over for me then. which is relatively soon. i might as well start writing my will. everyone must wear white at my funeral. oh, they better play my spotify playlist. i wish i at least had a reason to visit korea and japan one last time before my death. i should write a letter to miguel and everyone else-

"answer me." oh...italian. now he was mad as well.

i took my chance then, punching him square in the face with my right hand, which gave me enough time to remove my other arm from his steel grip. i didn't mean to hurt him that badly but i did hear a soft crack! after my action. oh well. jaechan always said i had a mean right hook.

i didn't give myself time to dwell on recent events and i just sprinted down the hallways and the stairs. i skipped three steps at a time, praying that i didn't trip on the steep, winding staircase. i could hear enrique chasing after me and angrily screaming my name. shit, i'm gonna die.

"come here, you bitch!"

i was suddenly immensely grateful for all my years on the track team. i swear, in that moment i was ten times faster than usain bolt.

i reached the last floor and ran to the door, nearly tripping over my untied shoelaces. curse me and my lazy self. enrique was still screaming, his shouts echoing through the large manor.

i finally reached the large front door and threw it open, glad that i'd left it unlocked. fumbling with my keys, i unlocked my car which was parked in one of many empty spaces in the driveway. i shakily opened the door and got in, switching the car on as if i was being chased by a serial killer. which, in retrospect, i actually was.

enrique was just on my tail and i managed to hear one last shout before i practically crushed the accelerator.

"SAKURAAA!"

i'm gonna die.

* * *

BUZZ, BUZZ, BUZZ!

miguel diaz threw eli moskowitz harshly against a tree. they were in the woods for their training, in a place called coyote creek. miguel was beating hawk up due to what the boy had done to sakura. personally, miguel found hawk's act unforgivable. he felt so guilty, so much so that he couldn't answer any of sakura's texts. he decided he'd reply to her once he'd successfully beat up his ex-friend.

he ignored the feeling of his phone ringing in his pocket, and scoffed at the red-haired boy,

"so you're the one that trashed miyagi-do?"

hawk shrugged, taking the wooden nun-chucks out of his pocket and carelessly throwing them in the air.

"they're the enemy. i had to put them in their place," he replied, as he caught the weapon, carelessly toying with it.

miguel's chestnut eyes drifted to the weapon along with the glint of something gold underneath hawks jersey.

"so that means you had to trash their dojo? steal their things?"

eli rolled his eyes. "what do you care? just 'cause you have a thing for that girl doesn't mean i have to go soft."

" 'that girl' has a name. and you hurt her, hawk. she didn't do shit to you, and you hurt her. you had no right to do so," miguel spat angrily.

"oh, yeah?" eli teased. "and what're you gonna do about it?" he taunted, as he dangled the pair of nunchucks in front of miguel. the diaz boy grit his teeth as he grabbed them from eli and gently tossed them to the side.

"this." he answered, as he harshly kicked eli in the abdomen.

the two fought, eli receiving the better part of miguel's kicks. the boy was furious, sakura's injured form in his mind as he relentlessly hit his old friend.

miguel grunted in pain as his back met the side of a tree after a harsh roundhouse from hawk. the black haired boy didn't relent though and instead got up. everyone began watching as he swept hawk's legs from under him and gave the boy punch after punch.

as he grabbed the red hairband belonging to hawk, the boy had noticed a crowd had formed around them. eli lay, panting breathlessly on the ground.

kreese gave miguel a satisfied stare, johnny not liking the malicious glint he noticed in his ex-sensei's eyes.

"finish him." the war veteran ordered.

miguel didn't need to hear it twice. he grabbed the scruff of eli's hoodie, and lifted the boy up to meet his eyes.

"touch sakura again, and i'll do much worse than this." he snarled. and with that, miguel punched hawk's jaw, on the exact same spot where sakura visibly hit him.

while miguel screamed 'team black!', elijah stepped forward and bent down to grab the black belt off a groaning hawks waist, along with the medal of honour in his hand. elijah had realized recently that the karate rivalry had gone way too far, and he was grateful that he and sakura both didn't fall for their respective dojo's nonsense. truthfully, the day she'd came into their dojo with a bloody head, he wasn't there, having refused to wake up a 6 a.m. for practice. he knew, however, that if he was there that morning he wouldn't have held back from beating hawk to a pulp.

watching miguel punch eli senseless gave the dark-skinned boy a immense sense of satisfaction. he had joined cobra kai all those many weeks ago out of pure interest, especially after having seen some of sakura's notable albeit joking karate demonstrations at gymnastics. along with sakura and tory's help, he learnt quickly and soon became one of the dojos top fighters. he didn't regret joining - had he not, he wouldn't have met tory, the love of his life. now he didn't know if it was really worth it, especially if the dojo he belonged to was harming the girl he viewed as a little sister.

elijah raised an amused eyebrow when he noticed that stingray's figure was still camouflaged on the ground. seeing as he was apart of the stingray's team, he didn't bother with a proper warning and only muttered a half-hearted "watch out." to a confused miguel. before miguel had a chance to question elijah's words, the still-camouflaged older man jumped up brought miguel in a chokehold from behind. elijah snorted when tory softly commented "kinky" behind him.

the red team celebrated and johnny made his way to miguel after the boy picked up the discarded pair of nunchucks.

"what was that?" johnny asked, irked. "thats not how i taught you to fight."

"it's what sensei kreese taught us," miguel answered. he thought for a moment, about how people had begun to get hurt. "this isn't a tournament, this is real life,"

johnny looked him up and down. "that how you wanna live your life?"

miguel set his jaw, not liking the look his father-figure was giving him. "look, sensei, hawk hurt sakura. and when i see the girl i like get hurt, i don't care about how i wanna live my life. all i care about is her. so yeah, maybe that is how i wanna live my life," he spoke, before storming away.

the diaz boy accidentally shoved elijah, who was talking to tory on the side.

"sorry," he muttered as he hurried passed.

"wait," elijah interjected as he held a hand out. he dug in his pocket for a moment before taking out two items.

the handsome boy grabbed miguel's limp hand and placed the belt along with the medal of honour in it.

"here , diaz. i think you should be the one to give this to sakura,"

miguel gave a small, appreciative smile. "thanks, willams."

tory watched miguel's retreating figure. "aren't you going to see her at gymnastics later though?"

elijah shrugged. "it'll just be better if he gives it to her. besides, she just texted me that he hasn't responded to any of her messages. if he doesn't explain why soon, she'll damn well run him over,"

tory laughed. "i can't wait to meet her. she sounds like just my type," she spoke, wiggling her eyebrows.

elijah's mouth fell open in horror. "oh God no, please don't break up with me for sakura," he pleaded.

"well you know what they say babe, the pretty woman is always better than your boyfriend,"

"i- no-one has ever said that,"

"shut up, i just did!"

* * *

my mouth filled with the metallic taste of blood as i harshly bit the inside of my cheek. i was lying on the bed of a hotel room i'd booked. after my little predicament, i realized i couldn't go to my house. not now and probably not ever, if i wanted to walk out alive. i just wanted to be alone, so i did what any sane person would do. i bought clothing and drove to the nearest, conveniently 3.5 star hotel.

i used my lovely fake id to book a room and after securing one, made my way to the nearest mall, hoping i didn't run into anyone i know. the employees at H&M were fairly confused when i walked in with my bloody t-shirt. i really need to stop wiping my hands on my shirts.

at first, i didn't buy much, only two simple t-shirts and a pair of shorts which i could sleep in. but then i realised you know, why don't i be efficient get things while here? might as well enjoy my few last moments.

so, credit card in hand, i bought two new perfumes. i bought a nike bag to put all this stuff in later 'cause there was no way i'd walk around everywhere with shopping bags. i then decided to get moisturizer, lipgloss, eyeliner, a nice pair of underwear, a matching lipstick and eyeshadow palette for aunty mandy, a lovely set of silver rings and chains for miguel, a pair of shoes for sam, an lp and a mug for uncle danny, a dora the explora bag and pair of airpods for robby, a ton of lindt chocolates for everyone at dance, jewellery for ananya, lucas and elijah and finally the cutest jacket ever which i just couldn't restrain myself from buying.

when i worked out the combined total of all my purchases, my eyes widened. you really only realise how much things cost when you buy them with your own money. i really enjoy buying things for other people though, so that i don't mind spending money on. i'm sure one of my love languages is gift-giving.

on the way back i stopped by a chick-fil-a and just ordered my favourite salad along with a coke. not even blasting twice could improve my mood as i drove to the hotel. when i stepped out, i only took the nike bag which contained the items that belonged to me. the things i bought for everyone else were in the backseat and i decided that i'd give it to them were i actually alive the next time i see them.

now, i layed on the bed, staring into the abyss. i was dwelling on all the wrong things i'd done today. for example, skipping karate, gymnastics and tutoring. ignoring all my messages. accidentally stabbing my mafia leader father and giving his side-kick a hard right hook.

i tried to watch Sherlock to drown out all the thoughts in my mind. that didn't work, and i'd moved on to my 4th different series when rory gilmore's voice was interrupted by yet another incoming call.

"miggy, i swear we'll talk later i really just need a few hours alone right now-"

"you're very lucky, neonata,"

that voice was all to familiar. had my dumb arse actually checked the caller ID, i'd have seen that it was enrique instead of miguel.

"your father says you'll be picked up tomorrow after gymnastics,"

"why?" i asked, bluntly.

"i don't know. but you're fucking lucky, he's not mad. were it up to me i'd have taken you and-"

i dropped the call, having heard all i needed to hear. he wasn't mad? i found that hard to believe but if theres one thing i learnt about enrique it's that he's not a liar. i didn't dare think what i was going to be picked up tomorrow for, being used to my fathers spontaneity.

my thoughts were still loud for the rest of the night, and i still decided not to talk to anyone. that night i didn't sleep much, not that i ever did. as i hugged a pillow to my chest, i wondered where exactly my life was going.

* * *

miguel knocked nervously on the larusso's door. sakura wasn't answering his calls, and he hoped the girl was here for him to return her belongings to.

robby answered the door, his face hardening at the sight of the diaz boy.

"what are you doing here?"

miguel sighed. "i'm not here to fight."

"i just- is sakura here?"

the long-haired boy looked miguel up and down.

"no. why?"

"she hasn't been answering my messages."

good, robby thought to himself.

he moved to close the door when miguel stopped it with his foot.

"i also came to return some things," he spoke, as he lifted the items into robbys line of vision.

the lawrence boy scoffed, thinking back to when sakura had told him that miguel wasn't involved in the incident at all.

"i knew you took it,"

miguel shook his head. "no, look, i had nothing to do with that, or with kura or with what happened to your dojo. just- please give it to her. and tell sam i'm sorry,"

later that night robby contemplated lying to sam but he couldn't find it in himself to. much to robby's disdain, sam told him that sakura was right when she said that miguel didn't participate in the trashing of the dojo.

"where is sakura, anyway?" sam asked, wanting to inform sakura of the kiss she'd shared with robby.

"beats me," robby shrugged.

sam raised an eyebrow, opening iMessage to text the girl she considered her sister.

"- really can never know what she's up to these days."

* * *

A/N

this chapter is disgusting. i'm so sorry like i actually hate it emphasis on HATE. i plan on re-writing sometime (preferably when school isn't kicking my arse). other than that i just wanted to apologize again for this coz yoh😭😭

i'm also so sorry for the late update- i just had such insane writers block and also really (if you couldn't tell by now) hate this chapter. and school 💔💔

anywho, how have you guys been? have you been eating well and sleeping well?

is it hot where you are? it's boilers by me

also, does anyone have tips on how to get organized and fix your sleep schedule (BEGGING 4 TIPS!!) 😔🙏

love y'all

AND THANK U ALL LITERALLY SO MUCH FOR 2K IM STILL IN SHOCK AHDBSJSHJAHSHSJSHDJEHDJENFKJRJDUEJEUEUDJJFDHDHHEHHUDXGFWYA 😭❤️

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

8.1K 343 18
I've Spent My Whole Life Tryin' To Put It Into Words. Miguel Diaz x fem!oc ...
949K 36.2K 61
Cobra Kai, Seasons One━Three ❝ Different, but same. ❞ miguel diaz x fem! oc. © 2021. feIiciahardy. cover by cydonias.
259K 8.9K 30
i say i hate you with a smile on my face. cobra kai, s4-s6 miguel diaz 𝒙 female oc © fIeetwood
38.7K 1.1K 36
(Tory Nichols x Fem! Oc) • • • 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇, It was unfathomable how Sierra could love someone so much. That someone being a girl from her dojo, C...