OUR ARRANGED LOVE MARRIAGE

By _thebutterfly__

An Arranged Marriage with a spark of love!! Two people tied in a pious bond of marriage by their family. Sou... More

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Thank Youuuu
Epilogue
Surpriseee
Surprise 2.0

Chapter 44

184 7 0
By _thebutterfly__

As the days went by, the weather was turning colder and colder. The sun will be shining high in sky at noon but soon it will be hidden behind the huge fluffy clouds.

The wedding functions were coming closer and so were wedding jitters.
Most of the shopping were already done by the elders, just few outfits were left for Mehreen to chose by herself.

Mehreen was leaving along with Sahil for her dress shopping. She have to admit that Sahil have a great fashion sense!! Although she is a fashion student but sometimes she needs help with her outfits, and Sahil is always at her rescue!!

Both of them left early and decided to eat outside. Starting Mehreen's outfits selection.

" Haldi me let's buy something yellow!?" Sahil suggested and Mehreen agreed.
(In haldi let's buy something yellow!?)

Mehreen didn't wanted anything heavy for haldi because haldi ceremony will be a family affair.

Going through several outfits, Mehreen out-listed three. Seeing her still confused, Sahil shook his head and picking up the fourth dress he passed that to her.

" This one looks best!" Sahil said.

" Pack this." Mehreen without even looking passed the dress to the counter.

" Now for Mehndi?" Sahil asked.

" Green." Mehreen stated.

Just like that all her outfits were decided and now both the sibling moved to the bridal section. It's time for her wedding lehenga.

Being a fashion student has its own cons. Mehreen didn't liked any of the lehengas. Some because of their colour combination and some because of the design.

" This one looks-" Sahil was saying something pointing at the heavy golden lehenga when his gaze stopped on Mehreen and his words stopped abruptly.

Mehreen was keenly looking at a mannequin on the display. Sahil followed her gaze and to say he was amused wouldn't be a lie.

" You like that?" Sahil nudged her.

" Huhh??" Mehreen asked startled.

" Woh pasand aaya?" Sahil repeated.
(You liked that one?)

" Achha toh boht hai but.."
(It is nice but..)

" But kya?"
(But what?)

" That's not appropriate for a bride!"

" You like it or not?"

" I love it!"

" You wanna wear it on your biggest day?"

" Log kya kahenge??"
(What will people say??)

" Jo puchha woh btao. Haan ya naa?"
(Tell me what I asked. Yes or No?)

Mehreen looked back at the dress, closing her eyes she imagined herself in that and a wide smile spread on her lips.

" I will wear that!" Mehreen said confidently.

" Perfect." Smiling at her Sahil asked them for that specific dress.

" Pehle bta deti toh itna time nhi waste hota na." Sahil mock glared at her.
(If you had told earlier then so much time wouldn't have been wasted.)

" I was confused." Mehreen ran her hand on the fabric and smiled. That's exactly what she wished for.

" But, nice choice!! I like it." Sahil appreciated.

" Toh ye final kren?" Mehreen asked.
(So shall we finalize it?)

" Yes, ghr ammi abbu ko bhi dikha lete hain phir final krenge. " Mehreen agreed to Sahil and both of them took the dress after paying half amount.
(Yes, we will show Mom Dad at home then finalize it.)

Feeling exhausted and starved they stopped on the nearest food corner to fill their tummy.

Mehreen was busy eating when her phone pinged with notification. Opening it she read his message.

' Heyy, Wanna ask you one thing.'
' Mumma actually wanted to know whether you like to select your jewelleries from our side or should mumma go by herself?'

Mehreen thought for a while. She have seen Zahwa wearing different jewelleries. And none of them were tacky or old fashioned. All her jewelleries along with Aayla's were extremely modern and iconic. She liked it's designing and pattern so, she can trust her future mother-in-law for good taste in both dresses and jewelleries.

' Tell aunty I trust her choice. She can choose whatever she likes.'
' And if she wants she can ask Aayla for help, she has a great taste in jewellery!!'

Mehreen quickly finished her food and wiping her hands she waited for his reply which never came.

" You done??" Sahil asked wiping his mouth with a tissue.

" Hmm, chalo." Mehreen stood up dusting her dress.
(Hmm, let's go.)

" Orr kuch lena hai ye ghar chalun?" Sahil asked.
(You want to busy anything else or should we go home?)

" Filhaal toh kuch yaad nhi hai. Let' go home." Mehreen sighed she was tired.
(Currently I don't remember anything.)

Sahil drove the car silently. And Mehreen enjoyed the view when she remembered something.

" Sahil."

" Haan?"
(Yes?)

" I told him everything." Mehreen looked at him and Sahil turned towards her surprised.

" You did?" Sahil asked and she nodded.

" Everything? Like every single thing?" Sahil asked stretching every word.

" Yes Sahil, I told him every single thing from the start to that night!" Mehreen answered in the same tone.

" What did he said?" Sahil asked finally understanding Mehreen.

" You remember what you said when I cried that night?"

" Very well!!"

" He said the same words!" Mehreen again turned to him and he looked at her with hanging jaw.

" Couldn't you wait till we reach home? I can't drive like this." Sahil stopped the car outside the nearest building without even looking.

" Ab aisa bhi kya btaya hai maine??" Mehreen rolled her eyes.
(Now what such surprising did I said??)

" Sweetheart, he is such a greatttt guyy for you!!! Do you understand that??? He is such an understanding and supporting man. Jab woh abhi itna amazing hai toh can you imagine how great he will be when you'll become his wife!!" Sahil grabbed her hands and said everything excitedly.
(When he is so amazing now then can you imagine how great he will be when you'll become his wife!!)

Mehreen smiled softly looking at her little brother's happiness. He was happy for her! He was reallyyy happy for his sister!!

" I know Sahil. And no, I can never imagine how amazing he can be. Because he is just unpredictable. But he surely is a great man!! The way he respects me and cares for me is something I can never forget!"

" And he will keep doing that I know!" Sahil smiled and at the very moment someone knocked at his window.

" Wait." Sahil quickly rolled down the window glass when a watchman looked at him.

" Yes?" Sahil asked looking at him who was already looking at Mehreen.

" Eyes here mister!" Sahil grabbed the watchman's chin and turned his face towards himself.

" Yahan gaadi kyun roki?" The watchman asked him rudely.
(Why did you stopped the car here?)

" Kuch kaam tha. Jaa rhe hain." Sahil answered patiently.
(We had some work. We are leaving.)

" Tumhare baap ki zameen hai yeh? Jahan marzi gaadi rok di." The watchman wasn't stopping there.
(Is this your father's land? Wherever you want you will stop the car.)

" Kaha na jaa rhe hain. Toh jaa rhe hain. Tameez se baat kariye." Sahil said still calmly looking straight at him.
(I said we are leaving. So we are leaving. Speak politely.)

" Mujhe tameez sikhayega tu? Dekhi teri tameez abhi maine. Ladki ke saath ghum rha hai, aish kr rha hai, orr mujhe tameez sikhane chala hai."
(You will teach me manners? I just saw your manners. You are roaming with a girl, having fun, and going to teach me manners.)

Mehreen grabbed Sahil's hand when she noticed his fisted palm. She knew the consequences won't be good for the watchman if he doesn't shut up now. Sahil can tolerate anything except for nonsense about his family especially his sister!!

" Sahil let's go home." Mehreen softly said after squeezing his hand a little. Sahil knew what that meant. She wants him to be calm so he kept his calm.

He ignited his car but before he could drive that douchebag decided to utter nonsense for one last time.

" Kamal hai, bandi ne ek baar bola Orr bss janab kadmon me." That was it, how dare him to address Sahil Shahid's only sister like that.
(It's amazing, chick asked once and the guy is on her feet.)

Sahil looked at his sister once and then giving her an assuring look he got out of the car.

" Ab bolo. Kya bakwas kr rhe the?" Sahil said folding his arms on his chest.
(Now speak. What nonsense were you uttering?)

" Arre arre, bura lgg gya?? Bandi ke samne beizzat ho gye!?" The watchman smirked.
(Oh Ohh, you felt bad?? You got insulted infront of your chick??)

" Woh toh main ab btata hun k beizzat kon hoga kiske samne." Sahil quitely took off his precious watch and threw it inside his car, he took a step ahead when someone called his name.
(That I'll tell now that who got insulted infront of whom.)

" Sahil?" Sahil turned around, he knew the voice too well.

" Tum yahan kya kr rhe ho?" The watchman stood straight seeing his boss. Is by chance he messed up with the wrong guy!?
(What are you doing here?)

" Main toh bss guzar rha tha but aap.." Sahil stopped when his eyes landed in the huge logo. 'The Fabric Factory'
(I was just passing by from here but you..)

" Main kuch kaam se bahar jaa rha tha. Aao ek cup chai hi pee lete hain saath me."
(I was going out for some work. Come atleast let's have a cup of tea together.)

" Nhi bhai, we are getting late." Sahil politely declined when Azlaan frowned.
(No brother, we are getting late.)

" We?"

" Me and sweetheart. We were returning home from shopping lekin kuch fazool log ne waqt barbaad kr diya." Sahil threw a disgusting glare at the watchman who was still trying to look inside the car.
(We were returning home from shopping but some useless people wasted our time.)

" Yasir!" Azlaan loudly called him.

" Jee, jee Sir." Yasir shook.
(Yes, yes Sir.)

" Kya kr rhe ho yahan? You were supposed to guard the backside of the company." Azlaan asked sternly.
(What are you doing here?)

" Sir, inhone yahan gaadi roki thi. Bss whi hatane ko bola toh battameezi karne lage mujhse." Sahil looked at him furiously that rogue still have the audacity to lie.
(Sir, he stopped the car here. I just asked to move it so he started misbehaving with me.)

Mehreen came out of the car hearing his voice. She was surprised to see where she was standing.

" Maine battameezi ki thi? Btaun main sach?" Sahil asked.
(I misbehaved? Should I say the truth?)

" Sahil!! Chup chap idhar aao. I said let's go home!!" Mehreen hissed.
(Come here quitely.)

Azlaan looked at Sahil, he knew Sahil wasn't a guy who lose his temper easily. But if he is furious then something might have really upset him.

" Mehreen what happened here?" Azlaan asked her directly. Mehreen hesitated for a while but when she noticed how serious he was she blurted out everything.

Azlaan glared at Yasir dead in the eyes then took out his phone and called someone there, still maintaing eye contact with him.

A minute passed in silence when Ankush came there running.

" Yes Sir?" Ankush said looking at the people. What's wrong? Azlaan looked visibly mad and that scared Ankush he glanced at Mehreen asking what happened but before she could reply Azlaan spoke.

" Arrange a new watchman for backside. And take him inside, keep an eye on him till I came back." Azlaan deep voice resonated.

" Sir, something wrong?" Ankush asked slowly.

" Not something Ankush, someone is wrong but don't worry I'll surely make him right!" Azlaan grunted still looking at Yasir, who dared to look him in the eye but not a second later cowered back.

" Apologise now!" Azlaan said sternly.

" S-sorry Sir."

" Jiske saath battameezi ki hai usse maafi mango."
(Apologise to the person whom you misbehaved with.)

Yasir turned towards Sahil and apologized.

" Mam se bhi." Sahil said adamantly.
(With mam too.)

" Sorry mam."

" Don't ever repeat what you did today." Mehreen looked away from him.

" Mehreen, I'm extremely sorry for the misbehave. This shouldn't have happened but now I'll see this matter myself. You both can leave." Azlaan apologised to her genuinely and respectfully.

" It's ok Sir, it was neither your fault nor responsibility. Have a good day!" Mehreen wished him and nodded at Ankush. Grabbing Sahil's arm she pushed him on the driver's seat and went towards the passenger seat herself.

The moment their car zoomed out of their eyesight. Azlaan turned to Ankush.

" I'll be back soon, till then keep an eye on him." Azlaan too left from there. And Ankush took Yasir inside.

" Tumne bhai ko Sir kyun kaha?" Sahil said while driving.
(Why did you called brother Sir?)

" No one in the company knows about us." Mehreen said.

" Ohh."

" Orr ab khuda ke liye mujhe ghar pohncha do. I'm exhausted!!" Mehreen pleaded him and he sped the car.
(And now for God's sake drop me home.)

Reaching home, it was already time for lunch but as they have already eaten both the siblings left the shopping bags in the hall for their parents to see and left to rest for a while.

" Ammi main sone jaa rhi hun orr please don't wake me up before less than two hours!" Mehreen said climbing the stairs.
(Mom I'm going to sleep and please don't wake me up before less than two hours!)

" Orr mujhe toh ab seedha shaadi wale din hi uthhana!" Sahil announced lazily walking to his room.
(And wake me up directly on the wedding day itself!)

" Jee nhi beta ji, aap ko aadhi ghante me invitation dene jaana h sbko. Tb tk fresh ho jaao." Shumaila replied while eating.
(No dear son, you have to go in half an hour to give invitation to everyone. Get fresh till then.)

" Ammiii." Grunting annoyed Sahil banged his room's door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Azlaan had to visit a supplier at his factory. It wasn't a planned meeting rather a surprise visit. He is planning to withdraw the next contract with the suppliers because of their cheap quality threads but he wanted to personally visit him and drop the bomb.

On his way to the parking area he noticed Shahid's car. Finding it their was a pleasant surprise for him but the reason was a huge shock for him. He was immensely ashamed of the act his staff had pulled infront of Mehreen, his soon-to-be wife! Although, whatever he did wasn't justified whether that happened with Mehreen or any random person but it just embarrassed him more that his special person has to go through such embarrassment because of his moron staff.

Azlaan somehow managed to reach the factory calmly but the situation he saw their was another nuisance for him. The quality of raw materials were extremely cheap and he was shocked to see that. What the hell was his quality control department doing while approving these cheap threads???

Azlaan furiously when to the manager and after an hour of painful headache Azlaan finally came out. There last contract expired just a week ago and Azlaan was convinced not to sign another contract with these suppliers.

He was done for the day and it was already lunch time so he decided to go home and have a peaceful lunch with his mother.

Azlaan drove to his house straight and the moment he entered he saw his mother arranging the dining table alone. Tip-toeing he stood behind her when she reached the kitchen.

Zahwa lit the stove to warm up the gravy but then she turned a little to grab a spoon. When she looked back the stove was off.

" Tch, gas toh on ki thi maine." Frowning she checked to see the knob off. Thinking that she missed it she again lit the gas then went to bring the bowl, she came back to see the stove off again.
(Tch, I had switched on the gas.)

" Arree, maine iss baar toh pakka on ki thi!!" Zahwa was troubled she checked again and the knob was off. Zahwa lit all the stove to check whether they were working well or not.
(What, I surely switched it on this time!!)

" Sbb toh theek hai. Phir kyun baar baar bnd ho rha hai!?" Zahwa was keenly looking at the blazing fire as if asking it. When the fire suddenly vanished, she looked at the knob to see a strong veiny hand turning it off.
(Everything is fine. Then why is it switching off again and again!?)

" Kon- AZLAAN!!!" Zahwa turned to ask who is it but yelled glaring at Azlaan who was shamelessly laughing at her.
(Who- AZLAAN!!!)

" Ohh mumma, you are soo cute!" Azlaan laughed pulling her cheeks when Zahwa swatted away his hands.

" Battameez, sharm nhi aayi mujhe tang krte waqt." Zahwa glared at him and lit the stove again.
(Shameless, didn't you feel bad troubling me.)

" Arree mumma, kabhi kabhi toh karta hun. Karne den." Azlaan sat on the kitchen slab dangling his legs.
(Ohh mumma, I do it rarely let me do.)

" Azlaan bacche ho tum? Hato yahan se. Shoes pehn k kitchen me aaye ho mere." Zahwa scolded him.
(Azlaan are you a kid? Move from here. You came in my kitchen wearing shoes.)

" Mumma shoes slab pe thhodi rkha hai maine. I'm the most hygienic person in this house!" Azlaan stated proudly. Although he was right!
(Mumma I didn't kept the shoes on the slab.)

" Mumma khana?" Aayla came there yelling but abruptly stopped on the doorway looking at her brother weirdly.
(Mumma food?)

" What?" Azlaan asked.

" Bhaijaan why are you sitting there?" Aayla asked entering the kitchen.

" Mnn kr rha tha." Azlaan shrugged.
(I wanted to.)

" Next time don't do this please." Aayla said taking out plates.

" Kyun?"
(Why?)

" Ek toh itne lambe chaude aap already ho. Upr se slab pe baithhe ho! People like me can get scared." Aayla dramatically said and left before Azlaan could throw a spoon on her.
(First you are already so tall and muscular. On the top you're sitting kn the slab!)

" Iski shaadi kb krayengi mumma?" Azlaan asked teasingly.
(When will you get her married mumma?)

" Aapki ho rhi hai toh mtlb meri bhi honi chahiye!?" Aayla asked irritated.
(If you're getting married does it mean I too should get married!?)

" Arre abhi kra den hum. Lekin koi ladka toh mile qurban hone ko!!" A voice replied loudly making Aayla roll her eyes.
(Ohh we will get it done now. But let us get a boy to sacrifice.)

" Aap mumma ho??" Aayla asked him annoyed.
(Are you mumma??)

" Maa jaise hi paala hai maine tumhe. Apna saara bachpan tumpe luta ke." Alyaan said wiping his non-existent tears and keeping his hand on Aayla's head who immediately slapped it away.
(I have raised you just like a mother. Spending all my childhood on you.)

" Nautanki bnd kro sbb Orr chalke lunch kro." Zahwa shook her head.
(Stop these antics you all and come have lunch.)

" Where's baba?" Azlaan asked.

" He must be on his way. Kisi se milne gye the." Zahwa replied while sitting on the chair Azlaan pulled for her.
(He went to meet someone.)

" Naam liya Orr main hazir begum." Zohaib said while taking off his shoes.
(You called for me and I'm here wife.)

" Aise hi meri haar farmaish pe bhi hazir ho jaya kariye!!" Zahwa mocked.
(Just appear like this on ny every demand as well.)

" Aap farmaiye toh begum." Zohaib replied opening his sleeves buttons.
(You just demand my wife.)

" Filhal toh jaldi aayie haath dhul ke khana thanda ho rha hai. Farmaish ki main list bna hi lungi." Zahwa commanded and her husband was quick to oblige.
(As for now come quickly washing your hands, food is getting cold. I'll surely make a list of my demands.)

" Ohh mumma." Azlaan said amidst eating.

" Hmm?" Zahwa hummed serving some more dal to Zohaib who scrunched his face.

" I talked with Mehreen." All the eyes snapped to Azlaan hearing her name as he expected.

" She is okay with you selecting jewelleries for her. And she likes Aayla's taste in jewellery." Azlaan explained.

" Okay, we were thinking to go this evening." Zahwa looked at Aayla who nodded.

" As you wish. Alright then, I'll leave." Azlaan stood up and went to wash his hands.

" Mumma, main jaun ya kuch kaam hai??" Azlaan asked again.
(Mumma, shall I go or you have some work for me??)

" Nhi baccha, you can go. Orr please ab leave lelo office se. Sirf 2 din baaki hain functions start hone me. Kl sbko invitation chla jayega Orr tumhare cousins bhi kl se aa rhe hain." Zahwa said.
(No child, you can go. And please noe take leave from office. Only 2 days are left for the functions to start. Tomorrow invitations will be sent to everyone and your cousins are also  coming from tomorrow.)

" They won't be living here, right?" Alyaan asked fearing the worst.

" They will he living here honey." Zahwa gave him a sweet smile. Which was too sweet to be real.

" You are kidding us, right?" Aayla asked for confirmation.

" Nahh sweetie, I'm not." Patting her head Zahwa stood up.

" I'll be living in the office then." Azlaan raised his hands in surrender.

" I'll be joining." Zohaib sighed.

" Get back to work lady and gentlemen." Zahwa said loudly from the kitchen. And the people at the table were quick to abide.

Zahwa chuckled shaking her head. Her husband himself is a cheerful person, no doubt why her children are soo goofy. Not that she minded. She always prayed for them to be like this forever. That's why she chose Mehreen for her son. Mehreen is the perfect girl for her son. Zahwa is sure about that!! That girl will always bind the family together just like Zahwa has been doing since years.

Praying for her family's happiness Zahwa went to prepare for the shopping.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heyyy people!!!

I know I'm updating after an year (🤭) but I was piled up with things and moreover I didn't knew what to write!🫠

Hope you guys enjoyed ✨️

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

788K 59.7K 38
Arrange marriage, I hated to even hear about it. But my fate didn't favour me. Being from a conservative family, I was forced into an arranged marri...
235K 10.8K 67
Two people came together and became one. They started their life with some Promises, which make their life a beautiful journey. They are two differen...
613 18 7
Jay (rolls eyes): I am not concerned about that. But look here, you better tell everyone that you don't want to marry me! Aditi (Sarcastic): Sure! Wh...
284K 7.7K 58
This is the story of a two people who willingly married each other and make their marriage successful and beautiful. In this story you will see how t...