EHSAAS - A Collection Of Shor...

By talesandpages

"Ehsaas" means "feelings," and that's what you'll get with every page of these Indian stories. A country wher... More

Note
Character aesthetics
║ ᴄʜʜᴀʏᴀ ⁠║
1.
3
4.
5.
6
7
8
9
10

2.

873 44 4
By talesandpages

"Every other day I see people dying in front of my eyes and that didn't break me but she did......in the worst way possible"

~ Viraat

Ek jhooth, ek sach, ek dhokha, ek khat!

VIRAT'S POV

It wasn't her fault. Yet, she's taking the fall for things she never did. I laid out everything before this marriage. I warned her not to expect anything, and her response was a mere nod. Not a question, not a single word. Just. A. Nod.

That was our sole encounter before our marriage, and it left me pondering the kind of girl she is. Most girls her age aren't so silent or composed. And definitely would never agree to this marriage. But she... she's different, I guess.

After divorce when rumours were spreading in the elites that I am a horrible husband, who abused his wife and that's why she left me. To shush them down, my family pushed me into another marriage.

As you see people in this world care about their reputation more than their beloved's happiness.

And in this whole mess Meera got involved. An innocent soul who knew nothing about my world. In a world where smile, laugh, happiness are merely the words of the dictionary.

She was walking towards me, walking towards that man, who is never gonna give her the life she deserves or love her as she should be loved.

I unveiled her.

Her eyes.....
They were pretty, pretty deep brown eyes, full of dreams and hope.

Hope for a beautiful future with me. Hope hope I'm about to shatter.

As we entered the apartment I looked at her. She was scanning the entire room and her gaze was fixed at the piano. Before she could ask anything I left for study. I despise questions. Questions to which I lack answers.

She must have expected us to live in Malhotra's where her sister and I used to live in the initial months of our marriage. Then for her happiness we shifted here. She complained that it's hard for her to adjust in a large family, so for her convenience and her happiness we shifted here.

I was in my white sherwani, which was embroidered with a golden thread. I took it off as soon as I entered in the study. And to take my mind off of everything that happened today I poured myself into the case study of my patients.

After some time I called my assistant Kirthy-a responsible medical aide.

Viraat : Kirthy, it's Viraat. I need to move Patient number 10's surgery to the first light tomorrow.

Kirthy : First light, Dr. Viraat? That's almost five hours ahead of schedule. Is everything alright?

Viraat : The AVM's activity has increased, Kirthy. The new scans show a higher risk of hemorrhage. We need to get in there before dawn.

Kirthy : I understand, Viraat. But it's gonna be tiring for you. it's been a long day. The function, the celebrations...

The last thing I want to talk about is these functions, celebrations, blah blah....bullshit. So I interrupted her in between.

Viraat : Kirthy, these functions are celebrations of life. And that's precisely why I'm here. To fight for another life, one that hangs in the balance. So, do as I say.

Kirthy : Oh...okay! Dr. Viraat. Everything will be prepped on time. And, Dr. Alok I going to assist you as we have discussed before.

I put my phone down, closed my eyes and tilted my head back.
"Finally a moment of peace."

It was 2:00 am when I felt the need of taking a shower. But my clothes were in my bed room and Meera was there.
The only reason why I came into the study is because I did not wanna face her. For some reason she reminds me of her. My ex wife Heer.

When I first saw heer in school corridor I just couldn't help but admire her beautiful smile. A smile which can take all your worries, pain and sorrow. Yet, that smile gave me the deepest scar. Not only physically but mentally too.

There's no point in delaying, eventually I have to get inside that room and get my stuff. So I got up and headed towards there.

I knocked. Silence. Knocked again. Still, silence. I pushed the door and it was open.

"I am sorry I knocked-" She was sleeping wearing that wedding dress clutching a book.

Likely waiting for me-a monumental jerk who never showed up. It was my second marriage but not hers.

I stepped inside without making any noise, took my stuff and before leaving I glanced at her once.

She was sleeping like a baby, book half-covering her face. Moonlight accentuated her skin, enhancing her beauty. Made her even more beautiful.

Not just her appearance, but her essence-a person impossible to resist admiring. Fragile as a flower, delicately demanding love and care. Qualities I'm unsure I can offer.

The room was chilly. I cautiously took her book, draped her in a blanket, and departed. I had an important surgery tomorrow and I need to be well rested to perform that.

The next day when I was having breakfast while going through a few medical advancement reports of the organisation. as I prepared to leave, my gaze was fixated on the closed bedroom door. She likely slept.

Unintentionally, I remembered the previous night-how beautifully she slept while reading that wild book. I never imagined a girl like her would be interested in that kind of reading material, but I guess she isn't as innocent as I thought.

"Let her know that I'll be late",I instructed my servant and then left.

The surgery went well, and the patients' relatives showered me with blessings. I love this part of my job-saving lives and witnessing the happiness in their loved ones' eyes always brings me satisfaction, happiness, and peace, even on my lowest days.

I lounged in my office when Kirthy strolled in, wearing a smile that masked her inquisitive nature. "So, how does it feel?" she inquired.

"Amazing, as always" I responded with a smile.

Kirthy settled into a chair across from me. We had known each other for almost five years, working closely together. She was an exceptional medical assistant and a friend, though my sentiments toward her were never quite reciprocated. Her feelings for me were evident, but my heart remained closed to any romantic pursuit.

"So, what was this celebration about?" She curiously asked, fixing her gaze on me.

"I got married", I said while going through a few reports. Her smile disappeared.

"Oh! Ahmm, congratulations!" Her response was forced, and the disappointment painted across her features was evident.

I nodded in response. She then said,"you could have just told me that you were-". I cut her off curtly,"It was against my will".

Her next words pierced through the air, laden with hurt, "So, I am never going to be the one."

"You are looking for a home in the wrong person, and I have told you this before" I countered, meeting her gaze head-on.

I refused to toy with people's emotions. My heart belonged to one person alone-my ex-wife, Heer.
After her, love was an uncharted territory for me. Kirthy, more than anyone else, knew this truth. The first time she confessed her feelings, I had been straightforward in rejecting her.

With a conflicted expression, Kirthy stood up, her gaze lingering for a moment longer before she turned away, concealing the depth of her hurt behind a forced smile. "I should get back to work," she murmured softly, masking the storm inside her.

✿⁠

What happened between Heer and Viraat that led to their divorce?
What will happen between Viraat and Meera?
What role is Kirthy going to play in their lives?
Stay tuned to find out!

That's all for Chapter Two. Thanks for your patience. I'll share the next chapter on January 6th.

And before I go,
Happy New Year to everyone!
May this year bring positive changes to your lives.

~ Aastha

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.7K 1.6K 19
A collection of short stories. "Ye choti choti kahaaniyan Aapke Dil ko chulien gi Kabhi aapke chehre pe muskurahat Kabhi gussa, kabhi udaasi Magar i...
4.2K 105 11
~ 𝐂𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 ~ Story 1 - SADQAY ( FAISAL × JANNAT ) - ongoing
248K 13.2K 37
"Meera"- A decent girl, in final year of her graduation is trying hard to cope up with her insecurities, studies and orthodox family. Though like he...
147K 9.7K 22
When you are in high school the Indian society don't expect you to date and definitely not lose your virginity or get pregnant. That doesn't happens...