𝙔𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙧𝙚𝙢𝙚�...

By Nikolaihan

Lee Minho and Lee Hyunjin are married for almost a decade now. They sealed the deal after a year of dating an... More

Disclaimer & Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five

Chapter Two

103 16 1
By Nikolaihan

Hyunjin woke up facing the ceiling, It's white and so bright making him groan in discomfort. He felt a sting on his right arm, look up and saw three bags of IV. Goddamn it, I really done it this time. He thought, rubbing his head to lessen the throbs he's feeling. "Hyung. Are you alright?" Hyunjin could recognize that voice anywhere. His heart starts to rapidly beat again, but this time in excitement. "Wonbin-ah..?" Hyunjin turned his head and there he is. His little brother who was forced to go to New Jersey when he was three years old.

"Hyung. Is this really my welcome home surprise? You scared the hell out of me." Wonbin asked, encircling his arms around Hyunjin's neck and sobbed. "I thought you're never going to wake up. I haven't even touched you like this yet." Hyunjin chuckled and hugged his brother back. It's funny how his brother is the complete opposite of him. He easily cries. "I took them by mistake, Bin-ah. I thought they were candies." Wonbin gently hits Hyunjin's shoulder and pulled away from the hug. "Do I still look like a 5 year old to you? I'm already 29. Hello? Age check?"

Jisung disturbed their reunion by literally, LITERALLY crawling on his knees, crying his heart out as he went to Hyunjin's side, almost hovering on top of the patient if he didn't know Hyunjin's situation. "My two best friends are really the death of me.. Why are you all trying to die? Life is beautiful! It's magical!" Jisung cried, tears running down his face, his eyes are as big as a puppy's and he's so sad looking.

"Jisung I only wanted to sleep. Really. I didn't want to die, okay? calm down." Jisung shook his head in disapproval and showed the patient his phone. "You've been out for 5 whole days! Your job fired you for skipping so much and they have been sticking a long tube in your mouth since you came here. Do you have any idea how serious that is?" Wonbin is just listening to the conversation, completely unaware of what happened to Minho. "Alright, I'm sorry. Jisung, If I'm here out for five days, who has been sending Minho food?" Jisung sighed and sat down beside Wonbin on the couch.

"Minho this, Minho that. Can we talk about him when you're actually okay? and the baby? Do you think I don't know what you're doing, Hyunjin? I'm not dumb. I may act goofy and clueless sometimes but I am not dumb. Do you really want to kill your baby? You and Minho made that child together. The proof of your everlasting love if that exists." Wonbin isn't surprised about the news as much as earlier. The doctor already explained that Hyunjin's lucky the baby's hold is strong and tight.

Hyunjin bit his lower lip and avoided his brother and his friend's stares. That was what he was doing. One thing about him is he's not a fighter. He gives up easily and he never fights for anything. Knowing Minho might never remember him, there's no point in keeping their child. What's he gonna do? Raise it on his own?

"Hyung, did you and Minho hyung fight? He hasn't visited you since." Hyunjin swallowed the lump on his throat and smiled before turning his head to look at Wonbin. "We're fine, Bin. He's just not feeling well lately." Jisung rolled his eyes at Hyunjin's response and muttered a few words. "Literally cheating on you." Wonbin heard it but he knows he shouldn't pry. It's not his life after all and he feels like Hyunjin isn't comfortable with their current topic which he feels really sorry about.

Hours passed by fast. Wonbin insisted he stays with his brother until his discharge date and Hyunjin couldn't say no. He also made Jisung promise to keep Minho's fridge full with all his favourites to keep him healthy even if he's in the hospital. Hyunjin felt the eerie silence when his little brother fell asleep right beside him. He turned around and faced Wonbin who still looks as innocent as ever.

He extends his hand and cupped Wonbin's cheek, smiling when he leaned in to find warmth on his big brother's palm. Hyunjin imagines his own child, laying beside him looking so peaceful like his brother is right now. Would it find warmth from Hyunjin too? Just thinking about it makes Hyunjin feel the warmth he's missing for the last few months. He can't believe an unborn baby could make him feel things.

Maybe having their child isn't so bad after all. Raising it alone isn't so bad after all. He has Wonbin and Jisung, It should be okay. Right?

--

Hyunjin covered his mouth upon seeing the finished piece. He looked at the clock behind his easel and saw it's only been two hours and yet here we are... he finished the painting. "Hyunjin?" He quickly stood up from his stool and covered the painting with his body when his mother peeked in his room. "Hon, I've been calling you for the past hour. Come down and eat okay? I already heated the food for you." Hyunjin nods in response and waited for his mom to leave despite knowing her curious look, he made sure to lock the door first before covering his new painting with a plastic cover and neatly placed it inside his closet all the way to the back. No one should see that. ever.

Hyunjin went down to eat his dinner, wash the plates and wipe the table clean before resting on the couch for awhile making sure he digests his food properly. It might not look like it but Hyunjin cares a lot about his well being. He loves being alive despite his social awkwardness.

After an hour, he went out to go to the convenience store, not forgetting to wear his hoodie to conceal his face from possible classmates he couldn't possibly recognize. The sound of the bell when he entered the store echoed in his ears and immediately went to the drinks section to buy pudding milk. His favourite.

"You're that clumsy guy." Hyunjin froze in place, that voice was too familiar. He was replaying that voice since earlier. "You're blocking my way." Hyunjin quickly pulled to the side, giving way to the man who has been occupying his mind. "Fuck! This is the third store!" Hyunjin jumped from the sudden outburst and hugged his favourite drink close to his chest, head still lowered. "Oh- can I have that? I've been to several stores and I badly need that drink. It's like liquor to me. I'll pay you for it." Hyunjin looked at what he's holding and gulped.

"S..sure.." His voice sounds like a mouse. Even Hyunjin admits it himself. "What? I can't hear you." Hyunjin backed when the man stepped closer as he wanted to hear Hyunjin more clearly. "H..HERE!!" Hyunjin shoved the drink onto the man's chest and ran away from the store like he's been chased by police.

Hyunjin panted heavily when he came home and saw his dad looking at him weirdly. "What's gotten into you, Hyunjin? You're sweating so much. Get inside and change your clothes." Hyunjin listened to his father and went straight up to his room and laid down on his bed, stomach first. He pulled his pillow close to his face and closed his eyes, remembering how close the man is to his face. "AHHHHHHHH" He screamed on the pillow, kicking his legs like a teenager in love. Well maybe he is? Is it love at first sight?

Morning came and Hyunjin's fashion changed drastically. Maybe it's his love story dream but he's awfully inspired to dress up today. maybe apply a few strokes of make up and use his artistic skills on his face. He looks gorgeous, one would say.

His hair is shoulder length and for the first time ever, he didn't tie it up and hides his undercut. Instead, he tied a ribbon and makes it his own personalized headband. Strands of hair covering some of his face. His lips painted with a red see through gloss, eyelids decorated with pink iridescent glitter and a slight hint of eye liner on the corner of his eyes.

He is wearing an off shoulder knitted oversized long sleeved shirt showing off his shoulder blade and of course his collar bone. His joggers tighter than usual making it look like soft jeans from far away. A golden thin choker to finish up the look and voila, a whole new look for Hwang Hyunjin.

"Oh my.. Hyunjin.." His mom was astonished by the look her son chose for today. His dad couldn't even tell if Hyunjin is really his son. "D..does it look bad..?" Hyunjin asked, tucking his hair behind his ear while shying away from his parent's gaze. "No! you look amazing, sweetheart. Come, eat."

Hyunjin arrived in school 20 minutes earlier than usual. It's not like he hates the attention. He just dislikes it. There's a clear difference. "And I saw her kissing Joon in the hallway. I swear it's her!" Hyunjin tensed hearing students come in their first lesson for the day. "Do we have a new transferee? Maybe from another department?" Hyunjin messily took out his book, rustling and dropping his pencils on the process. It's an understatement to say he has a lot because he has more than a lot.

"Hi! Oh- Hwang. I barely recognized you. Damn." Changbin, their class representative eyed him down from head to toe, obviously checking him out. Hyunjin isn't that naïve not to know. "Hi.." Hyunjin replied and bends down to pick up his pencils, letting the oversized shirt pull down slightly and lets some of his classmates peek through. Mostly males.

"Minho, she kissed me first. I swear." Hyunjin raised his head after picking up his pencils and met eyes with Minho who is coming up and stared at Hyunjin like a hawk. He felt uncomfortable of course so he looked away first and shoved his pencils back in his bag. "Class, settle down." Minho raised his hand to stop his friend from talking. "Save it, I don't really care." Hyunjin felt some movements on the desk seat beside him and knowing Hyunjin, he wouldn't even spare a glance as he is scared to converse and make small talk with a stranger.

Hyunjin is patiently enduring this boring lecture about things he already knows. He's not an over achiever but he knows enough to get through the year without studying at all. Doodling, Sketching, Painting... his way to let time pass by quickly. "Isn't that me?" Hyunjin turned his head and saw Minho's dark orbs staring at him. Hyunjin looks down at his sketch and then back at Minho's face who is now smiling at him, even tilting his head. "N..no. It's a generic face." He then quickly turned his journal to hide his sketch from the beautiful stranger and focused on the blank board. It's not really blank but it is for Hyunjin because he is blind. Well, near sighted.

The bell rang and Hyunjin was quick to move when he was pulled back down by force. "Here. Thank you for last night. I just needed that drink." Hyunjin had his mouth wide open when he received the same drink he wanted last night. So he did find a store where it wasn't sold out.

"Thank you.." Minho smiled in response and placed his stuff neatly back in his bag. "No, problem. By the way, It suits you." Hyunjin shyly lowered his head and looked at his outfit. Does it really? maybe he should permanently change his style. "The gloss. It highlights your lips really well." Minho stood up and pulled his bag with him and walked to his friend who is waiting for him. "Oh... Thank you.." Minho turned around and practically yelled at how loud he sounded. Everyone is looking at Hyunjin. "And speak louder. I can't hear your voice well. It's a shame since it's really soothing to hear. Don't waste it."

Hyunjin is a walking tomato. A fact. Hyunjin is deeply falling for this guy. Another fact. Minho is an engaged guy. The most important fact.

--

Jisung stopped by to fulfill his promise and saw Chaeyeon feeding Minho sliced watermelons. If his eyeballs could roll 180 degrees, he would've done it already. Geez. She's taking this opportunity to take it all back. "Leave." Jisung said. voice stern and cold. Chaeyeon couldn't even say no to the man because she knows how scary Jisung can be when he's mad. "Honey, I'll be back in a few minutes. Do you want anything else?" Minho shook his head and holds her hand so gently like it's the most fragile thing in the world.

Jisung loved that sight. Back when it was Hyunjin's hand and not Chae's. What pains him is the ring on her finger. Knowing she's coming closer, Chaeyeon hissed when Jisung grabbed her wrist tightly. Minho didn't see it but he's so close to breaking it. "Don't be a bitch again and ruin someone's life. He doesn't remember it but you do. We all do. For the love of god, have some shame and leave on your own." Chae turned her head, tears pooling on the corner of her eyes because of the pain on her wrist. "As long as he wants me here, I am not leaving."

"YA!" Minho sat up in shock and Chae's tears finally rolled down her pale cheeks. "Jisung! Why are you yelling at Chaeyeon!?" Jisung ignored his bestfriend and leaned closer to her ear. "He's living in the past and so are you. Once he remembers it's Hyunjin he truly loves, you're back in the garbage bin again.. for the second time. You must love it there. A queen in her throne. Now fuck off before I literally throw you into the dumpster downstairs, your highness." Jisung lets go of her arm and pushed her towards the door, causing Minho to panic. "Jisung!" The said man turned to his friend and glared at him, so bad Minho could feel the anger in his veins. "Shut up."

Minho is seeping with anger. His friend has changed and not for the better. He hates the change. He hates the disrespect his wife is getting. "Lee Minho. I'm stocking your fridge-" Minho stood up and looked down at Jisung who is opening the mini fridge. "What was that? You can't disrespect her like that Jisung. Even if you're my friend-"

"Exactly! You're my friend that is why I'm being disrespectful to her. Hyunjin? The thief you're accusing? He is also my friend. I get overprotective towards my friends so wake the fuck up already. Hyunjin is suffering because of you. Your chi- nevermind." Jisung went back to stocking the fridge, pulling the pudding milk out of the plastic bag and hands it to Minho. "Drink. He's extremely worried about you even if you don't deserve it at the moment."

Minho sighed in defeat. He can't win Jisung. He really can't. "Please be good to my wife, Jisung. I'm asking you nicely. Once we're out here, I'll be off your hair okay? She's been through a lot for me." Jisung scoffed and closed the fridge door. "Minho. Right now, you don't deserve my friend. Fine. You do you but atleast apologize to Hyunjin and give him his ring back. You gave it to him, you wanted him to have it. Please remember for your sake. This? all of this is temporary. You're going to regret everything when the time comes. I know it's confusing but I'm your friend right? I've been your friend for years so trust me. I'll go now. Don't forget to eat. Hyunjin made me tell you that. If it was me, I'll let you starve and pass out then maybe you'll snap out of it."

Minho thought about it. Why does that name sound so familiar? It's like he's known it his whole life. "Honey, I bought you banana milk. I remember you liking these right?" Minho looked at her with confusion. He's allergic to bananas, she should've known that.

Looking down at his pudding milk, he smiled. He could see the blush on the person's cheeks but couldn't really see his face. Those delicate fingers hugging the milk so close to his chest. So delicate that he wants to slide a ring on it..

"agh- shit.." Minho grabbed his head and shuts his eyes closed, bells deafening his ears and it feels like he's being pulled down deep in the ocean.

"I vow to love you........... nity with you......... Lee Minho......... I love you, now and forever..."

wedding bells, doves flying around and claps from the guests.

"Lee Minho and Lee .........n I now pronounce you partners for life."

"Thank you, ........n."

"For what?"

"For marrying me. For accepting my love and loving me back more than I anticipated."

"Haaa.. Chae.. Doctor...Call the Doctor-- aghhhh!!" Minho curled into a ball, holding his head tightly as if it was being smashed by a hammer. It hurts like hell. Both his head and his heart.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 217 17
The Kim got married to Hwang. The Hwang got married to Kim. A simple love after marriage story, where they live up to the title. started: 20230909 en...
29.9K 734 73
In the life about Hyunlix of SKZ. Real life scenarios. This is a fictional story not to be taken literally. Only Hyunjin and Felix ship in this one>...
142K 6.8K 19
• 𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘨, : 𝘢 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘳 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘮𝘶𝘤𝘩 - 𝘤𝘳𝘢𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨. where minho disc...
10.9K 214 25
Secret crush between two roommates who are gonna be separated soon....none of them want to leave, but they can't live together forever, right? Mostly...