My Little Miss Lawyer |BTS JI...

De AllForMrPark

'We... we took the wrong girl.' 'So, you're telling me that we just kidnapped someone?' Getting abducted was... Mais

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45 (+18)
46
47

33

1.4K 86 0
De AllForMrPark

SHINAE POV

I came home still in my little bubble, not expecting my father to be home. But there he was. Waiting for me as well.

He looked me up and down, visibly judging me without even trying to hide it. He passed me an envelope, not uttering a word.

'What's this?' I ask as I take the big, yellow envelope

'It has your name on it. Open and find out. It's from the opposing councel.'

No need to explain further. I opened it with the speed of light, reading what was on the papers.

'They are asking to settle outside of court.' I scoff

'And? What's your call?' He asks

'What would you do?' I look up

'This is not my case. I wouldn't do anything. You said you wanted to run it. It's your decision.'

He is surprisingly... Holding to his word. He's not taking over. Wow.

I read it again and again, and not a single time did I think about accepting the offer. All they offer is compensation in return for the dismissal of the trial. It would be like nothing ever happened, and all the evidence would be ruined. And the money they are offering as compensation barely counts as anything. Cheap bastards. This only means that she knows that she's in deep shit.

'They can shove it up their stuck-up asses. She's not getting out of this.'

He scoffed and smiled. 'Smart. Good choice.'

He praised me? Is he feeling okay?

'Jimin will be here in an hour. I'll talk about this with him, but I'll stick to my decision. She can't be let out so easily.'

'Is that where you've been spending your nights last few months? With that boy?'

'I'm more shocked that you noticed that I wasn't here.'

'I notice a lot more than you think. And I won't be the only one in court with eyes.'

'What are you on about?'

'Whatever is going on between you and that boy, you can't let it show in court. You will lose your own case because of him.'

'Nothing is going on between us, so you have nothing to worry about. And I won't lose my case.'

'It was only a warning as a fellow lawyer. And shouldn't you let go of such emotions considering you'll be carrying someone else's name soon enough?'

Just the thought of the marriage makes me want to scream my lungs out.

'And that little boy, does he know that you belong to someone else?'

'I have things to prepare. If you'll excuse me.'

I kept my cool and walked away with confidence, but once I got to my room, I fell down, hugging my knees and rocking back and front. My tears fell on the envelope, creating small puddles on the thin paper.

I'm trying to keep myself put together, but I swear he's tearing me down on purpose. As if I need a reminder that I'll never get what I want.

But I can't break now. I'm gonna have plenty of time to do so after tomorrow. Until then, I have work to do.

I went over all the evidence for a millionth time. I checked up on all the witnesses, including Josh who flew over and is staying at the hotel nearby under a fake name so they don't find him. I checked on everything we reported to the opposing council, making sure I haven't missed out on a thing.

They have a list of my witnesses that I've brought in. They have to be told, otherwise, the entire testimony can be scratched away.

Just as I finished with it, light knocking came from my door.

'Come on in.'

It was a bit weird seeing my father walk in with Jimin, but there's a first for everything

'Huh. I didn't realize u had an entire office in here.' My father mumbled as he looked around, earning a comical sideeye from Jimin who was judging him for not knowing such a thing

'Anyway. Your client is here.'

'Take a seat. Get comfy.' I smile at Jimin, trying to look as professional as possible in front of my father, while my entire insides fluttered at the sight of this art piece that is Jimin

He glanced at my father and sent me a small smile before sitting down opposite me.

'Her lawyers sent us a plea deal.'

'That's the one where they basically try to legally bribe you, right?'

Even my father chuckled lightly at Jimin's explanation, but he wasn't far off. Or off at all.

'Exactly. They offered money in return for settling out of court and keeping it under wraps. Seeing how this is your trial, it is up to you.'

He chukled, giving me a small eye roll. 'You and I both know you already have an answer ready. And I can guess that it's something down the line of 'screw you you're going down'.'

I laughed and turned my laptop to show him the email already written out, waiting for the single button click to be sent.

'Well...' he reached over and pressed enter, sending it. 'That's done.'

'That was a fast decision.' I joke

'If you say so, then I can only agree. And she did damage to more than just me. Other people suffered because of her, too. She needs to be held accountable.'

'Wise words you speak.' I chuckle. 'How are you feeling about tomorrow? Ready?'

'Not in the slightest. Honestly, I might shit myself. Uh, excuse the language, Sir.' He quickly apologized to my father, who was sitting quietly in the chair next to him

'I've heard people say worse things. And do worse things. Don't worry.' He smiled at Jimin

'I'll buy you some diapers. Now, onto the next agenda.'

'You'll be the first one up on the stand at it's your trial. We will try to protect you the best we can, but there are things that we can't save you from. Some questions might be uncomfortable and seem irrelevant, but trust me, if a lawyer is asking you something weird, they have a plan behind it.'

'She is right. We play a lot of mind games in trials.' My father cuts in. 'I won my fair share of cases by simply confusing people. They will surely try the same. The attorney she hired is a seasoned veteran. He is very good at such a thing. The best course of action would be to be as honest as possible. Even if the question seems stupid. And if they ask the same over and over, don't get irritated. They will be grasping at straws.'

'Be honest, don't get irritated, don't punch Eleanor. Got it.' Jimin nods to himself

'I don't think we mentioned punching Eleanor.' I chuckle

'Oh, no. That's just my inner thoughts coming out. I know I'll want to kick drop kick her when I see her.'

'Maybe don't say that in court.'

'Can I still think it, though?'

'As long as you don't voice your thoughts, feel free.'

'One more thing. If they approach you outside of the courtroom, do not talk to them. Not even a hello. No matter what they say. If you see them and you're on your own, find us or don't utter a word.' My father cut in again

'Another mind game?' Jimin asks

'Most definitely.'

'I understand.'

-----

'I'm afraid I have prior engagements that I need to tend to. You can finish this without me.' My father got up, straightening his shirt. 'I will see you tomorrow at 9. In front of the court. Dress appropriately.' He nodded at Jimin

'I will do, Sir. Thank you.' Jimin bowed to him, and then my father left

'Do I look that homeless?' Jimin whispered to me, looking himself up and down.

He likes to be comfy, so most of the time, what he's wearing is baggy and simple. Not that it's a bad thing in the slightest, but my father is an idiot.

'Nope. I'm just pretty sure that he was born in a three piece suit.'

Jimin giggled cutely, scooting closer to my desk with his chair. 'How are you feeling? You ready?'

'I think you're the only client who asks their lawyer about how they feel.' I joke

'You're not just my lawyer, are you?' He smiles and puts his hand on mine, gently caressing it

'I forgot to mention-' my father walked back in, having Jimin let go of my hand with the speed of light. But he definitely saw that. And then pretended he didn't see it. 'I forgot to mention that I will be there before 9. I have a meeting early so I'll meet you there.'

'No problem. Thank you.'

His eyes fell back to our hands, which were now miles away, and then he left, closing the door.

'I don't think he likes me.' Jimin whispers, keeping up the jokes

'Him? No way.' I roll my eyes. 'But jokes aside, tomorrow... We can't...'

'I know.' He smiles. 'Friends. I'll lie to the judge if I have to. Don't worry.'

'Telling a lawyer you'd commit perjury for them.' I put my hand on my heart dramatically, pouting at him jokingly

'And people say romance is dead.' He snickers. 'I should probably go before your father kills me and I'm actually dead.'

I laughed at his little joke, but he's not completely wrong. 'You need to get some rest. Try and get plenty of sleep. It's gonna be a long day.'

'Look who's talking. You never sleep. A damn vampire.'

'I slept plenty last night.' I argue

'I know. I was there.' He smiles

Like always, I walked him to the front door to say goodbye, and like last few days, he paused before leaving.

'I think I need to recharge.'

'Recharge?'

'Yes.' He hums and pulls me into his arms, hugging me firmly. 'Thank you.'

'Anytime.' I murmur into his chest, hugging him back just as tightly

'Goodnight, Nae.' He let go, but he left a kiss on my hair

'Night, Jimin.'

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

208K 6.2K 42
"Just let me go aight? I ain't gon' tell anyone." I explain for the millionth time, when will these fuckers believe me? "You don't make the rules bab...
173K 5.1K 43
You can witness the evolution of my maturity as this was written between the ages of 13-15. This story is the manifestation of a young BTS fan I gues...
7.3K 244 22
𝑪𝒍𝒊𝒄𝒉é 𝑪𝒍𝒂𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒄 𝑴𝒂𝒇𝒊𝒂 𝑳𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝑺𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒚 "𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚖𝚢 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚗𝚕𝚢 𝚖𝚒 𝚌𝚊𝚜𝚊 𝙸 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚗𝚎𝚎𝚍 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚋𝚘...
347K 18.7K 24
"you've chosen the right girl." - On the 69th day after meeting BTS: Namjoon is scared, Jin is quiet along with Yoongi and Hoseok, while Jimin's ma...