The Twenty Year Triangle

By HeidiCarroll

The past always has a way of coming back around. Finding herself at rock bottom after a tough divorce, Kinse... More

Accolades
Summary
Aesthetics
Bonus! Teen Aesthetics!
Style Boards!
Town Map
Prelude
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty Two
Epilogue Part Two
Thanks For Reading!!

Epilogue - Part One

231 15 158
By HeidiCarroll

Late September 2019- New York City

"Should we have one more mimosa?" I ask as Erin calls for the bill.

"The answer to that is always, yes," Brandi says as Erin shoots her a look.

"Brandi, we don't have time for one more," Erin warns.

"Why? It's Saturday. Why do we have to rush? This place is so cool!" I enthuse.

We're at this rooftop restaurant, but it's covered by glass, so we're warm. It gets chilly as soon as September here in New York, but it's so pretty when the leaves start changing. I am excited to come back again in early November to take pictures. 

"We have to go. You have a hair appointment," Erin reminds me.

"But you said it's at the penthouse," I saw with a frown. "Why does it matter if we're a little late?"

"Right? What's one more drink?" Brandi agrees.

"The stylist I flew in is, um, important. We can't waste her time," Erin says, still looking at Brandi as she stresses her words.

"Ow!" Brandi yells out.

"You okay?" I glance at Brandi.

"Yeah, fine. She accidentally kicked me," Brandi mutters.

Accidentally?

"Erin's right, we need to go. We can have mimosas there, or anything you want. I stocked up on liquor for the weekend," Brandi says as Erin takes out the card for the bill.

Brandi suddenly looks just as eager to leave as Erin and I'm suspicious. Something beyond this girl's weekend they're calling my bachelorette party is going on. I'm not sure what yet, but I know I'm right. 

It's all very weird. Even me being here for the weekend while Hunter stays home with Olly and Billy for his party isn't making much sense to me. I wanted to have a joint party since our friends are all "our" friends regardless of gender, but somehow that got vetoed, and I'm the bride, so I am still trying to figure out why that happened. 

But I ain't letting it get to me, nothing is these days. I am far too happy to waste time stressing about the small stuff. So different than my first wedding when I was the stress queen. This time, I want to enjoy the process, so with all these plans, I've been trying to go with the flow and just let things come, as Mama told me to do.

Erin is more stressed about my wedding than me, maybe even more than her own, which still hasn't happened! She is too picky about every little thing and at this rate it'll never be right. She also needs to learn to go with the flow and just let things happen. That, however, is not a task I am taking on now or ever.

Speaking of...

"This was supposed to be a weekend to relax," I complain. "I've been dragged from one place to another all morning. Poked and prodded like a damn cattle."

"Poked and prodded?" Erin laughs. "We went shopping, got our nails done, got a spray tan, and had massages. All promises I kept when we told Hunter we would make sure you were fully pampered this weekend."

"He asked me," Brandi stresses the word. "The maid of honor, and I have it under control."

"No, you don't because you know we can't be late today," Erin says.

"We are fine for time... um as, long as we hurry," Brandi says in a terse tone. "Kinz, we got to go, okay?"

"Yeah, fine, don't start fighting now," I say with an eye roll. "Almost made it twelve full hours."

"You got here at eight last night. That's sixteen hours," Erin points out.

"Counting the hours, you get to spend with me?" Brandi teases.

I laugh to myself as I follow them back out to the street, where Erin hails us a cab.

The two of them have very different approaches to life, and they don't always get along because of it.

It doesn't help that Erin manages all of Olly's time, and Brandi often pulls him off that schedule. This oversteps Erin and I get her getting annoyed by it, but personally, I think it's good for Olly. He can't be working all the time, especially now that he has a live-in girlfriend, and yes, you heard that right.

The penthouse I'm staying at this weekend now belongs to Brandi and Olly!

That week that Erin and I masterminded last July changed everything. Actually, night one did, when Brandi saw firsthand how much money she could make bartending here in the city. That led to her moving here and in with Olly because she couldn't afford her own place right away.

But it didn't take long before she moved from the guest room into his room. By the time they came home for Thanksgiving last year, they were a couple.

Speaking of the penthouse, we are heading into the building and heading up. Erin left instructions for the security guard to let the stylist in and up with a temporary keycard.

Someone so fancy they come to me, and I can't waste their time!? Hunter said pamper, not totally spoil me. Not that he'll mind, I'm sure, but it's just hair. I usually just go to Super Cuts, and it's fine.

We head up to the penthouse and walk right inside.

It looks different than it did last year. Brandi put her touch on it. The cabinets are now all bright white making the kitchen look so much bigger. The island has been extended to include a little bar, that is stocked with liquor. It's topped with a shiny black stone that matches the one Oliver already had, but with the bright cabinets it gives it a cool black-and-white vibe.

The navy couches have been replaced with a black leather couch and two love seats, along with a few cushy sitting chairs. The view is still the main decor, but Brandi did add a few old-school black-and-white photos to the non-windowed walls. The whole place has a bit of a Hollywood feel now. Brandi and Olly even like to entertain quite a bit, they have a cool little rooftop lounge area set up too. We hung out there last night for bit, until we retired to the living room for chick flicks and wine. 

A plastic mat is currently set up in the center of the living space, and a barstool is sitting on top of it. I see a woman, her back to us, setting up a table next to the stool with combs and stuff.

"We're here!" Brandi chirps and the woman turns around to look at us. 

She looks to be around our age, with a black bob cut and straight bangs down her forehead. She's dressed in black, fitted jeans and a black sweatshirt with the words, Not Today, written across the chest.

She gasps as she claps a hand over her chest. "Oh my god! Look at you all... I can't even.."

Huh? I'm certain I don't know who she is, but she seems familiar. As she takes a step closer and arches an eyebrow, it finally comes to me.

"Zoe!!" I scream it, literally scream. "No way!"

"The one and only," Zoe confirms with a grin.

"I didn't even recognize you!" I say as I run to her.

"I knew I should've added a pink steak," Zoe laughs as she hugs me, and I nearly start crying as we pull apart.

"You're here! I am so- I can't believe this!" I am still shaking my head in disbelief. "You're going to do my hair too?"

"Yes! Erin mentioned a day of primping, and I said I got her hair. Today, we'll just cut and color it, I'm coming tomorrow, too, so I'll style it then."

"Seriously!? You're doing all that for me?"

"Of course I am!! You and Hunter, it's about damn time," Zoe says with a short laugh. "It was a little weird getting the call from Erin of all people, but—"

"Long story, but we're good friends now," I say with a smile at Erin before looking at Zoe again. "I can't believe this! You this huge deal and you're going to do my hair and take two days off for me?"

"What?" Zoe laughs. "I mean, I do okay... I pay my rent, but I'm not some big deal, Kinsey."

"But they said you can't be kept waiting," I say with a confused frown.

"I-What...?" Zoe looks as confused as me.

"Girl, you've always been a big deal," Brandi says with a wink as she walks by, making Zoe laugh as she reaches over to give Brandi a quick hug.

"Me? Look who's talking, Miss Thing. I saw your portrait in the hallway," Zoe says. "You had someone paint you?"

"I did not ask for that," Brandi says holding her hands up like she's blameless, spoiler- she's not, and the portrait Zoe is talking about is huge. 

"I swear," Brandi continues. "One of my regulars is a little obsessed with me. He brought it in for me one random day."

"And you accepted it!" I exclaim.

"He spent hours painting it, I wasn't going to be a bitch about it."

"You didn't have to hang it up," I counter.

"Oh but I did," Brandi says with a sly smile. "Got to remind, Olly, he's got a prize."

"Only you, Brandi," Zoe laughs out loud. "You and Olly, all these years later?"

"Yeah, who'd have thought?" Brandi tries to sound casual but can't hide the smile she always gets when Olly comes up.

"So you work right in LA, then?" Brandi asks as she makes her way over to the bar.

"Right there in the heart of it all," Zoe says. "It's busy as hell, and I love it."

"Do you ever get celebrities?" I ask.

"A few," Zoe confirms. "No one that notable, though, like reality stars or d-listers."

"Anyone special in your life we should know about?" Brandi asks.

"Please, who has time," Zoe waives off the question, and Brandi's eyes shimmer.

"I have just the person for you.." Brandi starts saying. "She travels from New York to LA all the time."

"No, thanks. I'm happy to be single for a while after the last one. She was.. drama." Zoe shudders at this.

"Drama, how?" Brandi asks.

"Just drama," Zoe says.

"We need more details than that, Zoe," I say with an annoyed scoff, but I love that she hasn't changed in that way, it's so good to have her here.

"We do need to stay on schedule, though. Can we get started on Kinsey's hair while we catch up?" Erin asks as she glances at the clock.

"Oh good, I am so glad you didn't change, Erin," Zoe jokes, and Brandi snickers.

"We have a reservation we can't miss," Erin says quickly as she blushes some. "I'm not trying to be a stick in the mud, really."

"It just comes naturally to her," Brandi says, earning a glare from Erin.

"Brandi!" Zoe cringes. " Erin I was totally joking, sorry."  

I totally forgot Zoe and Erin didn't really get along back then... I feel a burst of warmth for Erin she may be a newfound friend, but she is really going out for me here and I appreciate that. 

"It's okay Zoe. I know I'm a Monica," Erin says earning a little giggle from all of us. "Brandi, could you help me out here? You're the one that's supposed to be organizing Kinsey's time this weekend." Erin asks. 

"And I totally am," Brandi says from the bar, where she's making mimosas.

"Erin, I swear you can relax," Zoe assures her. "Kinsey's hair is a dream. It's in great shape and it won't take long at all to add a few highlights, and the cut will be so easy. I cut her hair a million times back in the day." 

"Remember when we talked my mama into a that white, blonde streak?" I laugh as I plop down on the stool. 

"That was funny," Zoe agrees, she starts lifting and looking at my hair. "You are pretty light still from the summer, but I think we should add a few highlights right by your face. It'll look good for your photos. How do you want it styled tomorrow?"

"Okay. I was thinking half up and half down with loose waves," I say. "My dress is really simple, pretty but simple. We are marrying outside in the orchard." 

With Brandi's help I picked out an ivory-colored dress, with a tightly fitted bodice, with some decorative buttons and etching, and then the skirt flares out a bit and falls to my feet, with a thigh-high slit. Very country and natural to my style as opposed to the over-the-top dress I wore for my first wedding. I know Hunter will love it, and later, he'll probably rip it off, which will be the best part of the day. 

I hate being away from him like this, and I know he does, too. I could hardly even sleep last night.  

"Do you and Hunter have honeymoon plans?" Zoe asks as she starts pinning my hair. Brandi brings me a mimosa and also sets one down for Zoe before heading towards Erin who is sitting at the island looking at her laptop. 

"I made a strong one for you, Erin," Brandi says to which Erin scoffs, but she takes a huge gulp anyway.

"That'll wait until summer. We're going to recreate a road trip we took after senior year, well, a shorter version of it," I explain. "Go back around to some of our favorite stops."

"That sounds so fun!" Zoe says. "Why wait?"

"Hunter and I have been building our house for almost a year now, it 's been a lot of choices and decisions and hard work," I say, but good hard work. 

It's been so easy he and I coming to all these choices together, not at all stressful like with Julian. We tend to be on the same page with most things anyway, and those we don't, well, Hunter being the giver he is just picks what I want. But I try very hard to make sure he has an equal say in everything; it's very important to me. I even told him I refuse to do a thing about the garage, and it is all his, how wants it. 

"He does all the final touches this weekend, and I see it totally completed after the wedding tomorrow. When he carries me over the threshold and it's all real," I say dreamily as I smile at how thoughtful and romantic my soon-to-be husband is. "I am so excited, and one night is not enough. We decided a honey-inn to lock the doors and, um, enjoy, our new house for at least a week was needed."

"A honey-inn, brilliant," Zoe says as she starts adding some foils to the crown of my head.

"I love the idea. I told Jack we should do it, but he's worried everyone will come over knowing we have the week off," Erin comments.

"We're sending my parents on vacation next week for that exact reason," I say.

"Smart," Brandi says. "I can seriously see Betsy knocking at your door with strawberries and champagne."

"She would!" I laugh.

"Just want to make sure you're working on my grandchildren," Brandi mocks my Mama's southern twang to perfection. "Do you need some mood music, candles, how about a snack? Got to keep that energy up, Hunter."

We all start cracking up at that as Brandi makes us more drinks.

**

A few hours later, we are hustling outside to catch the cab for my bachelorette party. We're all dressed casually, in jeans and nice tops, indicating Brandi and Erin heard me when I said I didn't want to go somewhere too fancy. I still can't believe Zoe is here and coming back with us tomorrow! I am on cloud nine. Wait till Hunter sees she's here.

"This way, Kinz," Brandy tugs at my arm, and I blink when I see she's dragging me into a limo.

"A limo? What?"

"Just get in!" Brandi shoves me in, and we all giggle as we get into the large, spacious car.

"A limo is way too much," I mumble as Brandi starts pouring champagne. "You need to tell Olly, Brandi. I understand he's rich, but I don't need all this."

"It's fine," Brandi says as she sips her drink. 

"You get to be a princess today. Enjoy it," Erin adds.

"Seriously, just live it up," Zoe adds.

"Did you two ever run into each when you both in LA?" Brandi asks as she glances from Erin to Zoe. 

"No never," Erin says. "I didn't stay long though."

"I really thought you'd make it Erin," Zoe says kindly. "You are one of the most gorgeous people I have ever met."

"Really?" Erin smiles as her cheeks flush a bit. "Thank you, Zoe, but it all worked out how it should. I don't regret it not working out."

"Her fiancé makes Hunter looks small," Brandi snickers. "I think he's seven feet tall."

"Not quite," Erin says. "But yeah, I have a type and it's big."

"Mhm," I agree with a dreamy face.

 "You realize how much weird-ass connection crap we have going on in this limo right?" Brandi says making Zoe laugh. 

"Let's not go there," I say. 

"Wait, where are we?" I am confused as the limo stops, it's too quiet we don't seem to be in the city anymore.

Zoe helps me out of the limo, and I see we're in a private airport. "Come on," Erin says as she walks briskly towards the plane and the rest of us hurry to follow her.  

"A private jet? Damn, Olly is loaded," Zoe mutters as my eyes widen while the gate opens to let us on. 

"What?" I ask as I hurry to get behind Erin while I follow her on. "Olly has his own jet now?"

"No, he doesn't," Erin says as we step onto the plane.

"Huh?"

"It's my jet, Farmgirl."

As Erin moves away, he comes into view, Gabe! His wife Kelsey, sitting next to him in a comfy-looking lounge seat facing us. He stands to greet me with his big, dimpled grin.

"Gabe!?"

"I heard you and Hunter are finally getting married, and we had to be there," Gabe says as he pulls me into his embrace.

"We did kind of make it happen," Kelsey teases as she also stands.

"I can't deny that you two set my head on straight," I agree as I squeeze her next and then kiss her cheek. 

I love Kelsey. I have seen her a handful of times now since we met, and we always get on so well. I get such a sisterly feeling with her. Look at all these girlfriends I have now. Who would have thought? Thirteen-year-old Bucky would be stunned right now!

"I don't understand though. Gabe, why we are on your plane?" I ask in a bewildered tone as I look around.

"Because we are all going back to Sweet Haven for you and Hunter's joint bachelor party," Brandi says. 

"Just like you wanted," Erin agrees with a smile. 

"Really!" I squeal happily.

"Really," Erin agrees.

"We thought it would be fun to surprise you, but we didn't know if we could pull off Gabe's part until three days ago," Brandi adds. 

"Either way, I was going to provide the private plane," Kelsey says with a big grin.

"Wow, Kelsey, thank you, and Gabe, I am so glad you could make it happen! Zoe, you being here is incredible. I missed you so much. Erin, how do I ever thank you for making this all happen? Brandi, I don't even have words, my best friend. I fucking love you, all of you" I start crying as I gather them all in for a group hug. "You all are the best!"

"Next stop, Tennessee!" Gabe hollers out as we all cheer.

*Full circle- the gang is all here for the last chapter and that's its, one more chapter left!! *sobs*😭 

I am aiming to post it soon sometime this week the words have been coming fast-, so stay tuned!! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.2M 591K 78
(Complete) After Seren is assaulted by someone in her friend group, she begins to fall deeper into the depths of her depression. No one seems to noti...
944 1 37
In the second book following "How it was Left" - By the summer before their junior year, Zooey proposes a promise that she and Lila won't let anythi...
19 5 6
Due to a wildfire in the California forest, Oliver finds himself trapped in the flames. He is a fourth-year student at the university, and unfortunat...
2.1K 514 42
Sarah is an ordinary girl, who lives in a town far away from the world hassle. A town which is a small world of its own. A lot has happened with Sar...