metamorphosis | various bnha

By stupidgorilla

[various!bnha x fem!moth!reader] "why do you wanna be a hero?" "i don't remember." quirkless and bullied [las... More

0 - b4 u start
1.1 - coma
1.2 - wake up, [first name]!
1.3 - pls let me take the exam!
1.4 - the whole family can hit
1.5 - orientation
1.6 - pls be more selfish.
1.7 - janitor's closet
1.8 - in ur room
1.9 - hawks and miruko are bad influences
2.1 - let's go bully 1-a !
2.2 - u fuckking pest!!
2.3 - make it ur own
2.4 - those red eyes
2.5 - lamp, have you heard of them?
2.6 - it's not u (mostly)
2.7 - 2 urself!
2.8 - ¿1 of them?
2.9 - bite me! :3
2.10 - mutants can't sing
special - king of all losers
2.11 - nightmares
2.12 - red tie
2.13 - woogle, is it illegal to knock out a teacher?
2.14 - empty promises
2.15 - lovebug? gross!
2.16 - nezu hates [first name]
2.17 - ur the worst
2.18 - best friends?
2.19 - missed u
3.1 - dragons are real!
3.2 - fuck eraserhead!!!
3.3 - some sorta existential crisis
3.4 - headache
3.5 - the scary forest
3.6 - stupid fucking magician
3.7 - spinner?
3.8 - not enough
3.9 - a friendly reunion :D
3.10 - i'm gonna fucking haunt you
3.11 - not yet
3.12 - u were right
3.13 - just letting yk
extra - songs !

special - cold-blooded

890 36 158
By stupidgorilla

cold-blooded // shouto x reader x slight!natsuo // christmas special

summary - shouto loves christmas

slight angst in the beginning but mainly fluffy lawl

...

Todoroki Shouto has never celebrated Christmas.

No, to him, it was just another day. He would wake up, eat breakfast, train like usual, eat lunch, study, train again, eat dinner, then sleep. It was just another plain day. Maybe his sister would gift him a book, or his father would force him to go to a Christmas-themed party, but otherwise, it just wasn't special. He's seen shows, specifically in Fuyumi's sappy soap dramas, in which Christmas Eve is the most romantic day ever. The two leads would give each other meaningful presents and share a gentle liplock in the white snowfall, and Fuyumi would be crying tears at scenes like this.

He always wondered if Christmas Eve truly was like that. If it was, then...

He would love to experience it.

Love was always a topic that fascinated him. He always wondered, how do you know if you truly love someone?

Do you just feel that you love someone? How do you differentiate between platonic and romantic love?

At school, there were many girls that liked him, but they were just one-sided crushes. They didn't really like him for him. They liked him for his status, handsome looks, and his shoujo-esque demeanor. He rejected them in a blunt and forthright manner, with no explanation. Once, he heard a girl describe him as a cold prince, and he just didn't understand. Why did they like him so much if he was so cold? He didn't understand why they still liked him even if it was clearly one-sided.

You were visiting his home one day, a few days before Christmas. You were there because Natsuo was there, home from his dorm for the holidays. Their father wasn't there, preferring to spend more time at his agency rather than with his family. Crime didn't stop for the holidays, the man would insist when Fuyumi tried to get him to spend time with the family. She just wanted the family to be happy – to pretend to be, at least.

Everytime you came over, he realized, Natsuo was there. It seemed you only visited for his older brother Natsuo. It made him feel bad. Almost like you didn't really care about him, because with you, it seemed like it was always Natsuo. You didn't come over when it was just him and Fuyumi, and you most certainly did not come over when Endeavor was present. Of course not. He recalled you saying once that you hated his old man more than him.

He was sure that was not possible.

Shouto exited his room, hungry. It was around lunchtime. Maybe he would help his sister cook. He heard your sweet laughter in the living room, and it was like sticky silk, webbing throughout the house and pulling him in towards the living room. He saw the back of your [hair color] head and your mottled wings as he stood behind the door frame, observing you and his older brother. You sat close to him, thighs touching, and both of your legs were tucked under the heavy futon of the kotatsu, keeping you warm. You had yet to become this comfortable with Shouto, and it irked him. It looked like you two were playing a game of some sort on his laptop.

Natsuo always seemed to make you laugh.

Shouto made you laugh, too, but it was most certainly not in the way that his older brother made you laugh. You would laugh at Natsuo's jokes, when he was purposely being funny. You would laugh with him. It was effortless, and Natsuo was simply effortlessly funny. When you were with him, you would laugh at things you found funny, things Shouto did not intend to be funny. It was the way he said it apparently. Once during training he had said something slightly rude to his classmate and you broke out in laughter. It was a good feeling, to hear you laugh because of him. His chest felt strangely warm and full, in a good way. But, sometimes you wouldn't laugh at his jokes, things he said purposefully to be funny, and when he had to explain the joke, you would go, "Ohhh, haha." It was forced and he didn't like it.

He slightly shifted, uncomfortable with his thoughts. Everything was so one-sided and he hated it. Is this how girls from his middle school felt when they talked to him? He seemed to understand love even less. Do you even see him as a man? Or is he only Natsuo's little brother to you...? There's only a year between you two, so why do you see him as a little kid?

Your antennae licked the air and pointed towards him. You must've sensed his movement. Your antennae never failed to impress him. They were able to sense even the slightest of movements without fail. You turned your head and locked eyes with him. You were already smiling (of course you were, you were with Natsuo), but it seemed to get wider at the sight of him. Were you happy to see him? That warm feeling he always got when he was with you returned.

Shouto gave you a small smile back, but it must've looked strange because you began to laugh, just miniscule titters spilling through your [lip size] [lip color] lips. His smile flattened.

You leaned back, supported by your palms on the tatami mat. "Oh, Otouto-san!" you exclaimed, beckoning him over. There it was, Otouto-san. Little brother. It was a term used to refer to either your own little brother or the little brother of a friend. You used it affectionately, and, at first, he liked it. It was a nickname basically, something that friends call each other. But then he really thought about it one night. You considered him Natsuo's little brother, but he wanted you to see him as Shouto. Just Shouto. He was his own person. Not Natsuo's little brother, not Endeavor's son, but Shouto.

"Yo, Shouto!" Natsuo greeted, curtly raising his hand with a small smile. Natsuo's relationship with his younger brother was definitely... something. He had lived his childhood envious of the boy. He had a perfect quirk and all the attention of their father. In contrast, his ice quirk was much weaker in comparison and his father quickly disregarded him when Shouto was born. However, as he grew older and matured, he realized that his younger brother's relationship with their father was not something to be jealous of. No, Shouto took the brunt of it all, it seemed.

Natsuo was glad he had you for a few years. You were a comforting presence. One that Shouto never had.

And as he got older, it was just awkward. He wanted to try fixing his relationship with his baby brother, but he just didn't really know where to start. In a way, he was trying to connect with him through you. Shouto clearly doesn't mind you.

Shouto walked over and loomed over the two of you. He got a closer look at the glowing laptop screen, and saw two little characters; one was red, the other was blue. He's never seen this game before. Granted, he usually played board games like mahjong solitaire. Occasionally, he would play a round or two of shogi with Fuyumi. He would always win. "What are you doing?" he asked, curious.

"Playing Waterboy and Firegirl. Wanna play?" You then paused and considered his upbringing for a quick minute. There was a contemplative glint in your black eyes as you considered a certain possibility, one you didn't want to believe. "Have you played Waterboy and Firegirl before?"

He shook his head in denial, causing you to audibly gasp in shock. "Really?" you questioned in disbelief.

"I mean, the first time I played it I was in computer class," Natsuo chimed, rubbing his chin. "Shouto, did you actually do what the teachers told you to do?"

No one actually practiced typing in computer class. Everyone just went onto RadMathGames, but Shouto's pretty literal, huh?

Shouto nodded and tilted his head to the side. "May I try?" he asked.

You thought it was cute. You eagerly nodded. "D'you wanna play with me or Natsuo-kun?"

"You," Shouto responded, not skipping a beat.

You couldn't help but laugh at his quickness to answer.

Shouto's cheeks slightly flushed. Did he say something wrong? Why are you laughing? He watched as you shoved Natsuo to the side with ease, an aggressive, "Get outta here!" leaving your lips. It was a playful gesture and Shouto wished you were playful like that with him. Were you scared he would react negatively if you were jokingly forceful with him? It must be because he's too serious. Should he just tell you what he wants?

"Heyyy...!" his older brother whined, saddened by the lack of heat around his legs. The Todoroki household was cold. Not only was the beautiful mansion built hundreds of years ago when central heating didn't exist, but the big man of the house had a flame quirk and an above-average body temperature. He didn't need central heating.

Shortly after, Natsuo got an important call and had to leave the room for a bit.

You lightly patted Shouto's hard thigh, silently telling him to sit down beside you. He complied, taking Natsuo's seat on the cushion and tucking his legs underneath the kotatsu's futon. It was warm underneath the heavy futon. He scooted closer to you, wanting to be as close as you were to Natsuo. When your thigh squished against his, he was pleasantly surprised to see that you didn't move your leg away or shift uncomfortably. He decided to test your boundaries. Just to see how comfortable you were with him.

Shouto leaned his shoulder against yours, and you smiled down at him. He felt those warm, ambiguous feelings arise in his chest at the sight. You let out a giggle. "You're such a cat, Otouto-san."

"No, I'm not," he said, his mismatched eyebrows knitting together in confusion. What does that even mean? He's not a cat, he's Todoroki Shouto. He doesn't look like a cat, does he? So you don't see him as a person, but as a cat?

"Yes, you are," you said with shiny eyes. "You're like one of those cats that's sweet to certain people. Fuyumi's a cat, too, but in a different way." Fuyumi would be a pretty cat, a cute, shy one. Natsuo's probably a dog of some sort, haha.

"Then are you a cat, too?"

To him, you seemed like a... moth.

You lightly shrugged, careful as to not move his head too much. "I dunno. Do I seem like one?"

He gazed up at you with his intense heterochromic eyes, analyzing your face. You flustered under his hard stare, but stayed still as you stared back. You never really tried to look at his face. It was too angelic for your eyes. After a few minutes of tense silence, he spoke. "I still don't know what you mean," he said with a deadpan expression.

You laughed and lightly shoved him off of your shoulder. "If you get it, you get it," you said, brushing off the topic.

"I want to get it," he firmly told you, a fiery determined look in his pretty eyes, one you've seen many times during training, almost as if he were looking at an obstacle. It was funny how seriously he took things. Cute, even. So cute, actually. You just wanted to envelope him in a tight hug and squeeze him. If it was Natsuo, you would've. But this is Shouto and you're not sure if he's comfortable with you or physical contact like that.

As his leg was pressed against yours, you chose (for your own peace of mind) to believe that it was an accident he was too lazy to fix. Then, he leaned his head against your shoulder, and you began to get suspicious. What was he trying to do...?

You decided to try to explain it to him to the best of your ability, without accidentally offending him. "You just act like a cat, Otouto-san. You know how cats can be kinda..." You trailed off, trying to find a word that didn't seem too mean, but it was difficult with your limited vocabulary.

He tilted his head again. "Go on. Be honest, [first name]. I'd like to understand."

"You're just, like, intimidating." You thought back to when you first saw him. He was definitely giving off cool, rich boy vibes. "And you're kinda closed off – I mean, I had to beg to be your friend at the Sports Festival–"

Natsuo re-entered the room, a big frown on his face and a thick cloud of disappointment veiling him.

Immediately, you asked who called him. It was someone from his job. Natsuo picked up a job tutoring because he didn't want to rely entirely on his dad's money. "Someone has a last-minute test, and they need my help tutoring them," he said. "I'm super sorry, I can't go to the festival with you, [first name]-chan."

"Man, that really sucks, Natsuo-kun... I really wanted to go with you." You pouted at him. While you were genuinely really bummed out, you also saw this as an opportunity. An opportunity to get closer to Shouto. "I don't wanna miss it, but I don't wanna go alone."

Natsuo placed a hand on Shouto's shoulder, who cringed away slightly at his brother's rough hand. "Have you been to the winter festival before, Shouto?"

"No, I haven't."

"You should come with me!" you excitedly said with a grin. "I haven't gone to it in, like, four years! It'll be fun."

Shouto smiled to himself, then lifted his head to smile at you. "I'd be happy to go with you, [first name]."

...

You heard your doorbell ring, and you knew it was Shouto. Damn, you aren't ready yet. You need to put on another layer of jackets. It's especially cold today, and it might snow later. While it was perfect weather for the event, it was not ideal in the slightest for you. You might freeze to death because you're cold-blooded and your body can't regulate its own temperature. "Hold on!" you shouted as you made your way to the doorway, wrapping a [color] knit scarf around your neck.

When you opened the door, you saw Shouto standing casually. In one hand, there was a bag; the other was in his coat pocket. Immediately, your eyes landed on the emblem on his chest and your eyes nearly bulged out of their sockets. Tom Gourd... Holy shit, this jacket must be expensive!

He held out the bag to you before you could greet him. "Merry Christmas," he said.

You took the bag from his hands, but you were scared to open it in front of him. What if it's something really expensive and you drop it? "I'll open it later, when we get back," you said, placing the bag on a table.

"Okay," he replied with a nod. You shrugged on a puffy jacket and put on a pair of earphones to keep your ears warm. He glanced at you and then at his phone. His eyes seemed to skim something before meeting yours again. "...You... look c... good," he said, stiff.

You smiled at him, a charming twinkle in your eyes. "Thank you, Otouto-san."

He frowned. "Stop calling me that."

Your face scrunched up, confused and slightly offended. You also felt bad. You thought he liked being called Otouto-san... "You don't like when I call you that?"

He responded with a question of his own. "What do you see me as?"

What a strange question! His eyes stayed on yours, and you found yourself getting increasingly nervous by them. "Hey, don't look at me like that...!" you said, turning your head away.

He was silent, awaiting your answer. There was a slight pout on his lips when you glanced back at him, and people pouting at you truly was your weakness. You wanted to eat him up.

"You're my friend," you said, now feeling a bit awkward.

He hummed but didn't seem satisfied by your answer.

...

You set off to where the festival was held. By the time you arrived, the sun had set, leaving the sky a dark shade of navy indigo. Bright stars scattered the night sky like spilled glitter, but the moon was glowing vibrantly above all. Although, you made sure to avoid looking up so you wouldn't fly away. It was cold, way worse than you thought it would be, but you would bear it.

You marveled at the various ice sculptures, some so intricate that they were baffling. You pointed at a large sculpture of a cat. It stood on two legs, as if playfully swatting something away in the air. "That's you, Shouto!"

He gave you a strange look. "I still don't understand why you think I'm a cat."

You smiled at him. "Like I said, you just are."

The bright lights were pulling you in. You bounced from stand to stand, mainly just browsing, until you came to a game stand. It was a darts game, where you had to pop the balloons with the darts. You threw a dart, and it literally hit the fucking balloon, but it didn't pop. What the flip.

"Huh...?" your face scrunched up. "Maybe I didn't throw hard enough..."

You tried again, and Shouto watched as you did. There was a focused look on your face as you aimed at the balloons. It was... cute. He quickly texted in the groupchat Kaminari forced all of the boys in his class to join. It was actually pretty dead, beside Iida saying, 'Good morning, classmates!' every day before classes started. Right now, Todoroki needed advice, so he decided his best bet was to ask other teenage boys.

[Todoroki]

Hello, I am on a date with someone

She looks very cute. What should I say?

[Kirishima Eijirou]

oh man that's SICK!!!!!

GREAT JOB TODOBROKI!

[Sero Hanta]

TODOBROKI HELP ME ☠️☠️☠️

[Kaminari Denki]

IT SOUNDS LIKE UR CALLING HIM BROKE 😭

watch out he's gonna sue u for defamation of character

[Todoroki]

Why would I sue Kirishima for that?

[Iida Tenya]

Being broke is not an insult!

Broke people are humans just like you and I.

[Midoriya Izuku]

hey whos the date with?

[Kirishima Eijirou]

oka Sero and Kaminari I was trying somethknh new ☹️

sebro*

idk how to do it with Kaminari's name sorry

[Sero Hanta]

I'm taping your mouth shut if u call me sebro irl 🤢

[Kaminari Denki]

call me BIG DADDY K MONEY 🗣️🗣️🤑‼️🔥

[Mineta Minoru]

Okay big daddy 😖😏😍😍

[Bakugou Katsuki]

Please shut up u fucking weirdos

Especially you grapeshit shorty

[Sero Hanta]

Sry forgot Bakugou needs his beauty sleep 😓

[Satou Rikidou]

HAHAHAHA

Bakugou the typa guy to go snore mimimimi while sleeping in a nightgown

[Ojiro Mashirao]

😭😭😭

[Sero Hanta]

EBENEZER SCROOGE ☠️☠️☠️

[Kirishima Eijirou]

HELPPPPPOP 😧😧

[Bakugou Katsuki]

Count ur days sweetcakes

[Satou Rikidou]

?????????

AYO 🤨

[Kirishima Eijirou]

bakugou please reread that 😀

[Bakugou Katsuki]

YOU KNOW I DIDNT MEEAN IT LIKE THAT

DIE

[Mineta Minoru]

Satou does have some sweeeet cake tho 🤤🤤

[Iida Tenya]

Please keep the chat respectful. 🙁.

[Kaminari Denki]

hi kacchan! 😁

[Bakugou Katsuki]

Shut the fuck up

[Kaminari Denki]

ok u grinch its Christmas...

HOHOHO🎅🎅

look its santa‼️

[Mineta Minoru]

Tell santa I want a hot gf with big bazongas and a Roblox gift card 😛

[Shouji Mezou]

Tell her you think she looks beautiful.

[Ojiro Mashirao]

Smile!! 👍

[Todoroki]

Okay

[Midoriya Izuku]

who are you on a date with???

i wanna know todoroki-kun 😢

[Todoroki]

[first name]

We are at the winter festival.

[Midoriya Izuku]

what

[Ojiro Mashirao]

Oh, wow 😲

[Kirishima Eijirou]

oh tell her I said Hi! 😎

[Kaminari Denki]

BACK OFF MY WIFEEE NOW TODOBROKI

SHES MINE

wait is it a full moon tonitw

HELP IM TRANSFORMING

[werewolf gif]

RAHHHH STAY AWAY FROM MY WIFE 🐺🐺

[Sero Hanta]

This is y ur bitchless wtf

[Tokoyami Fumikage]

I was not aware you got down like that, Kaminari.

I know what it is like to have a dominating, dark presence control you, but you must fight it, Kaminari. You must not let the darkness consume you like it did to me. Unless, perhaps you would prefer it...? For the darkness to take control of your life...

[Kaminari Denki]

yes thank u for ur support in these trying times, my comrade in darkness 👩🏼‍🎤🐺🦇

Bacchanal in the dark! 🗣️

Shouto frowned at his classmates' antics. What a strange bunch... Especially Kaminari. Does he really think he's a werewolf? Werewolves are not real. Unless... Maybe they are? It was amusing though. He turned back to you, only instead of throwing darts at the balloons, you were staring straight at him with big inky eyes. Your lashes fluttered delicately against your cheeks when you blinked at him. Your cheeks were flushed from the cold air nipping at your skin and your nose was slightly runny as well. You sniffled a bit, trying not to let your snot escape your nostrils.

That warm feeling returned in his chest as he stared at your features.

"You look very beautiful tonight, [first name]," he sweetly complimented out of the blue, white condensation escaping his lips. He then quickly smiled, but it was gone as soon as it came.

You reeled back with a hot face. "That was so sudden!" you exclaimed. What the hell!? He's been on his phone nearly this whole time and he just says this!? Was he talking to someone else? Or are you just boring??

He nodded. His hands reached up to adjust your scarf. "Well, I just wanted you to know that I think you're beautiful."

He's more beautiful than you!

You gave him a shy smile. "You're beautiful, too, Shouto," you returned.

He paused, taken aback. His shoulders stiffened. He's beautiful? You think he's beautiful? He felt his entire body get hot, almost as if he had a fever all of the sudden, and he knew it wasn't his quirk at work. The feeling was strange and foreign, but he feels many strange and novel emotions when he's with you. He likes that. Your words made him feel good. His hands slipped from your scarf down to your elbows. "I am?"

You gently pinched his soft cheek between your thumb and your pointer finger as you gazed into his eyes. He has a gorgeous face, so you're not sure why he seemed surprised. He had a rounder jaw with a sharp jawline and pretty eyes framed by long eyelashes. One iris was an ash-gray while the other was a bright blue, but both were just as angelic as the other. On one half of his face, his eyebrows and eyelashes were white. It was like he was a clone of his mother. The other side had red hair. There was the scar, too, but that didn't take away from his beauty – no, not at all. The scar was just a glimpse into his past. There was a soft, goofy smile on your lips. His face was hot to the touch. "What, did you not know that?"

And he smiled at you. His whole face moved from that smile. The reddened apples of his cheeks lifted, forcing his eyes to narrow. His nose scrunched up cutely as he bared his pearly teeth.

He wished he met you sooner.

Maybe if he met you sooner, you would see him for who he is. Maybe if you met him sooner, he would be different from how he is now. Maybe he would be more like Natsuo. Would you like that?

You held out a dart to him. "Wanna try?"

He hesitantly took the small object from your hand. "I've never done this before," he said. "Do I just throw it?" He saw that you had not popped any of the balloons.

"Yup!"

You watched as he threw the dart at the board, elegantly launching the small projectile from his fingers. It hit a red balloon right on, but the balloon did not pop.

"Oh."

Shouto's face dropped. He was confused. It clearly hit the balloon. "It didn't pop. What kind of balloons are these?"

"I think it's a scam," you laughed.

The owner of the stall jolted up, and scowled at you, taking obvious offense at your statement. "It's no scam, lady!" they snarled, putting their hands on their hips. They took a sharp needle and poked at a balloon, popping it. You flinched slightly at the sudden sound, even though you saw it coming. "See, you can pop it! Try again, why don't you?"

"Get us another round of darts," Shouto told the owner.

You raised your brow at him. "Hm, why?"

"Watch," he said, holding up a dart. You then noticed how dull the tip of the dart was, and everything clicked. You let out a sound of acknowledgement. Shouto hummed and grasped the base of the dart tighter. Ice climbed up the dart, leaving a sharp icicle at the top. He then threw it at a balloon, popping it.

You patted his back with a cold hand, proudly grinning. "You have great aim, Shouto!"

He hummed, thanking you. He then just kept on throwing them until there were no more darts for him to throw. You thought it was adorable how intense he was getting over this.

He ended up winning a really gigantic plushie, which was, ironically enough, a giant cat. You laughed at the adorable sight of him holding it. The stuffed animal was, like, three-fourths of his height, and it was genuinely outrageously cute to see him awkwardly try to position the cat comfortably. "...What do I do with this...?" he questioned, staring the stuffed cat directly in its beady black eyes. He then looked at your eyes. Hm. They look the same.

Though yours, of course, held more emotion.

You continued to walk around the festival, trying to figure out a name for the cat, though Shouto was confused as to why you kept referring to the inanimate object as your daughter. It was when you were standing in front of the giant Christmas tree that a good name finally dawned on you.

"[stuffed animal name]!" you suddenly exclaimed, banging a fist against one of your palms. The cat was now in your arms. It was simply more convenient for you to hold the cat, with your four arms and everything. You turned to gauge Shouto's reaction, but he was already staring at you with soft eyes. Even when your eyes met, he didn't look away – he refused to.

He thought you looked like a star, illuminated by the colorful lights strung around the evergreen tree. You just seemed to make everything brighter.

"You're shivering," he said in a low voice, concern clear in his voice. "Your wings are shaking." He tenderly placed the back of his hand on your forehead. His eyes widened. "Your skin is ice-cold, [first name]. We should head back."

"Yeah, it's fucking freezing out here," you said through chattering teeth, hugging yourself with your four arms. Even though you were freezing, your smile didn't leave. It just became a bit shaky. "Let's go home."

"Let me warm you up," he quickly offered, leaning his body closer to yours. His hot breath hit your face.

"Yeah..." Your voice trailed off at the sight of a snowflake elegantly floating down. It landed on the tip of Shouto's red nose and melted on contact. A faint hiss from the snowflake boiling sounded and a small trail of steam emitted from where it landed. "Hey, it's snowing..." You looked at the sky to see the snowfall, forgetting about how you were avoiding looking at the starry sky the whole night. Your wings began to vibrate even quicker, warming up for flight at the sight of the attractive moon.

Shouto noticed this and quickly slung his arm around your waist to keep you grounded. He pulled you into his left side – his hot side. "Please don't fly away, [first name]."

You pushed your head into the nook between his shoulder and neck, trying to close the distance between you two as much as possible. Shouto stiffened at the feeling of your body against him but he didn't dislike the sensation. He didn't dislike it at all. If anything, he wanted to tighten his grip around you, but he found himself feeling shy. "Holy shit, you are so warm," you muttered.

"I know."

...

You walked to your apartment in the light flurry of snow, clinging to Shouto to stay warm. You had lost feelings in your toes. Your numb fingers fumbled with the keys and it took you a few minutes to unlock the door to your apartment. You appreciated Shouto's patience.

You turned on the small heater in your house as soon as you entered. Well, after putting down [stuffed animal name]. You let out a shuddered breath as you stripped off your scarf and thick coats (yes, multiple coats). Shouto took off his expensive winter coat and placed it on a chair. Spotting the bag Shouto gave you before the outing, you suddenly remembered something.

You dug through your various shopping bags and pulled out a small paper bag. "Shouto," you called, holding out the bag. "Merry Christmas." You gave him a big smile as he took it.

"Merry Christmas," he repeated. He pulled out the gift you got him. It was a snowglobe the size of a large sweet onion. You had bought it off of a stand for, like, 27,000 yen. At the sight of the gift, he smiled softly. He's never gotten a Christmas gift from someone. That was a lie. He has gotten gifts before, but none had he treasured as much as yours. "Thank you, [first name]. Now open my gift to you."

You took out a box from the bag he had given you. Upon opening it, you realized he had gotten you a gift you really wanted. "How d'you know!?"

"I asked around," he slightly shrugged, hiding his phone slightly.

You pulled him into a grateful four-armed hug, savoring his sweet warmth. "Thank you, Shouto."

Slowly but surely, his arms wrapped around your body, carefully looping underneath your wings. He breathed in your scent, making sure to remember every nuance. "Thank you for this, [first name]," he said into your hair. This was the best Christmas he's ever had. He felt comfortable in your embrace, and he realized that he didn't want to leave.

You hummed.

"Can we..." Shouto hesitated. He felt moths in his stomach. "Can we... just stay like this... Please?" he softly pleaded, something he doesn't ever recall doing. You brought out another side to him, a softer side he enjoyed.

"Of course we can."

Shouto wished he met you sooner.

...

Feeling something stir against his left side, Shouto's eyelids delicately fluttered open. His eyes met your forehead, and he took account of the position the two of you were in: he was laying flat on his back while you were curled up on his left side, using him as a heater. Your wings were hanging off the side of his bed. He didn't mind this. He really liked this, actually.

But a part of him did mind. There was a full feeling in his chest, one he couldn't explain. He suddenly understood all of those girls who liked him in middle school, the girls who liked him even though he showed no interest in a relationship. They couldn't control their feelings for him. Similarly, he can't control his feelings for you.

His right hand reached for his phone.

[Todoroki]

Thank you for your advice.

We are in bed together.

[literally everyone]

WHAT

[Midoriya Izuku]

ubfeuabughsudibffryybseuof

[Sero Hanta]

Todoroki I'm going to hunt u down

[Mineta Minoru]

Woah I didn't know you were freaky like that Todoroki 😝

Game is game

[Ojiro Mashirao]

Do you guys hear the music coming from Kaminari's room...?

I might have to join him...☹️

Shouto pressed a chaste kiss to your forehead, which was now warm because of him. He decided he wanted every Christmas to be like this.

...

wc - 5,374 words

ignore the fact it is literally not christmas guys..... i wrote todorki so ooc i think but whatevaaaa

merry christmass/happpy holidaysss guys

this was supposed 2 b like 3k owrds at most but i kept rambling onnn and onnnn

this can lowkey b read as canon idrc 😋

i have nit written texts in so long it was fun thoug i nnow realize y there r so many textfix

ok c u next update

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5M 117K 76
❝I'M ALWAYS TIRED, BUT NEVER OF YOU.❞ [various x reader] a lazy girl with a few missing brain cells is on the path to becom...
302K 8.2K 32
『𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗲𝗿𝗳𝗲𝗰𝘁 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆...』 Her quirk changed everything the minute it appeared. "You will alway be a villain." "I know. That's...
125K 4.2K 31
f/n l/n was accepted into UA, even though she didn't pass any entry exam or physical test. The class who supposed to only be composed of 20 students...
3.4M 97.3K 85
(𝚈/𝚗) (𝙻/𝚗) 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚋𝚘𝚛𝚗 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚊 𝚙𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚏𝚞𝚕 𝚚𝚞𝚒𝚛𝚔, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚑𝚒𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚜𝚗'𝚝...