Moments

By timesoftrouble

Each chapter is a chapter of Quick's life after high school / mostly what we didn't get to see in the show. I... More

Graduation
Yale
Jake
Ski Trip
Valentine's Day
Finn Forever
Proposal?
Air Force
First Phone Call
Fall Semester 2013
Winter Break
2014
Christmastime
Galentine's Day
Summer 2015
Kindergarten
Midterms
The First Wedding
Yale Graduation Ceremony
Tooth Fairy
Beth's Birthday
Apartment
Miscarriage
Deployment
Checking In
Thanksgiving
New Year's Eve
Injury
Nightmares
Discharged
Pete
Therapy
Catching Up
Ruth and Sarah
Mother's Day
Summer 2017
Proposal
Puck's Birthday
The Lopierces
Big Sister
Eight
5 years
Elope
Max
Mother-in-Law
Baby Number 2
Home from the Hospital
Wedding Reception
L.A.
House
Home Renovations
Artie's Wedding
Purposefully Pregnant
Covid
Best Man
Baby #3
Push Present
Summer 2020
Album Release
Hudson is Two
Family Meeting
Rachel St. James
Evans Babies
Grammys 2021
Oscars 2021
Ariana
Lucy's First Birthday
Work
Back

Work

19 3 0
By timesoftrouble

The longer the Puckermans lived in L.A., the busier their lives became. Puck was putting so much of his energy and time into his music, and he was always running around to meetings and to the studio - when he wasn't taking care of Quinn or the kids.

Quinn was supportive and very proud of Puck, but at times she was jealous.

But no matter how hard Puck worked, or how many meetings he had, he never let anything come before his family. He always made sure to be there to get the kids to or from school, and was around to make dinner and tuck the kids into bed at the end of the night.

And while Puck worked, Quinn did her best to enjoy being pregnant.

When covid shut things down, Quinn helped Beth with school at home while Puck worked in the home studio, and they both took care of Hudson.

-

"Hello?"

"Hey, Quinn. It's Mercedes." Mercedes said. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm good." Quinn answered. "How are you?"

"I'm good." Mercedes stated. "Are you free today? I wanted to stop by. I thought maybe we could have lunch together or something."

"That's really sweet, Mercedes, and I'd love to see you, but I'm helping Beth with school stuff and trying to entertain Hudson." Quinn explained. "Noah's upstairs working."

"Can I come help with the kids then?" Mercedes offered.

Before Quinn could answer, Puck entered the kitchen.

"Hey."

"Hey." Quinn repeated. "Mercedes is gonna come over to have lunch with me."

"See you soon, Quinn." Mercedes said before hanging up.

Quinn pocketed her phone and looked at Puck. "Are you taking a break?"

"Kinda." Puck responded. "I can keep an eye on the kids so you can hang out with Mercedes."

Quinn furrowed her eyebrow.

"I just got off a call." Puck told Quinn. "The album has a release date."

"When?" Quinn wondered.

"September 4th." Puck answered.

"Noah, that's great." Quinn smiled. "I'm so happy for you. You've been working so hard."

"Thanks, baby." Puck smiled back as Quinn hugged him. He took her hands. "Now that it's done and set, I can take a break for a while, and I wanna make sure you get to enjoy the rest of the pregnancy, despite the pandemic."

"Thank you." Quinn nodded as she looked at Puck.

"That means whatever you want or need goes." Puck continued. "I'm talking foot massages, late-night snacks, sex."

Quinn raised her eyebrow.

"I'm just saying." Puck shrugged. "This is our last baby, and I wanna make sure you're taken care of the rest of the pregnancy."

"Noah, I'm fine." Quinn promised. "You've been extra sweet lately, and you haven't neglected any of your responsibilities to the kids or to me."

Puck nodded slowly.

"But I appreciate you being so aware of that." Quinn told him. "And so aware of everything the rest of us need from you, even when you're busy with work."

"Family comes first." Puck reminded Quinn.

"I love you." Quinn said.

"I love you, too." Puck smiled as he kissed Quinn lightly. He pulled away when the doorbell rang. "I'll go let Mercedes in, and then I'll take Hudson and Beth upstairs."

"I love you." Quinn said again as Puck walked away with Beth.

"Hey, hot mama."

Quinn turned and smiled as she went to greet Mercedes.

"You look gorgeous!" Mercedes exclaimed. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm good." Quinn said. "Everyone's excited and I feel good. How are you?"

"Good." Mercedes echoed. "I'm glad we're doing this. I hope you're hungry because I picked up your pregnancy favorites."

"Let's sit down." Quinn decided, and the pair sat at the kitchen table.

"So." Mercedes said. "Do we know if baby number three is a boy or a girl?"

"Noah, Beth, and I know, but we're keeping it a secret until he or she is here." Quinn nodded.

"I could probably weasel it out of Beth." Mercedes teased.

"Probably." Quinn agreed. "But you won't."

"I won't." Mercedes confirmed as she took all the food out of the bag and handed it out.

"How are you and Sam?" Quinn questioned Mercedes as she started eating.

"We're good." Mercedes answered. "Being stuck at home has been really good for us actually."

Quinn raised her eyebrow. "Yeah?"

"Yeah." Mercedes nodded. "Since the world's kinda shut down, we've been talking about starting a family."

"Really?" Quinn smiled.

"We're winging it." Mercedes shrugged. "If or when it happens, you know?"

"Mercedes, that's so exciting." Quinn replied. "I'm really happy for you guys."

"Well, don't get happy until it happens." Mercedes said. "But I'm sure you'll be my first phone call."

"Can't wait." Quinn commented. "What about work? Have you been playing around with anything? I mean, other than Sam."

Mercedes laughed lightly. "I have, here and there. I haven't been locked away though."

"Yeah, I don't know how Noah does it all." Quinn stated. "There aren't enough hours in the day."

"He's a good dad." Mercedes noted.

"Don't make me cry." Quinn warned Mercedes.

Mercedes smiled.

"I really am proud of the man he is." Quinn stated. "Thank god."

"Thank god." Mercedes repeated, and the girls laughed. "What about you though? Did you read Artie's script?"

"I did." Quinn nodded. "I think it'll be a really good opportunity to reintroduce myself and sort of rebrand my career after the baby's born."

"From what I've heard, you practically already have the part." Mercedes added. "And if you want my opinion, I think you should do it."

"I'll have to talk to Artie some more." Quinn said. "And Noah's album will be out on September 4th."

"Officially?" Mercedes wondered.

"Officially." Quinn responded. "He's gonna be such a big deal. I can't wait for the world to fall in love with him and his talent."

"That'll get old pretty fast." Mercedes warned Quinn.

"Well, it must be a whole other level with a model husband." Quinn stated.

"Maybe." Mercedes shrugged. "We'll see."

"I'm so glad you came over." Quinn told Mercedes as they finished eating and cleaned up. "I feel like things have been so chaotic, and even living a few blocks away, covid's ruined so many plans."

"Yeah, at least they're expecting it to be under control by the summer." Mercedes said. "Which means pool parties and barbecues and outdoor picnics and movie nights."

"Thankfully this baby will be here in June so I won't be heavily pregnant in the summer." Quinn noted.

"Do you think you guys will have your annual Fourth of July barbecue?" Mercedes questioned Quinn.

"We haven't talked about it, but I think so." Quinn said. "We all deserve to celebrate and be together this summer, and it'll be fun."

"And you're due the end of June?" Mercedes wondered.

"June twenty-fifth." Quinn answered. "I was due on June twenty-eighth for Beth, and she was born on the eighth, so we're hoping this one is different."

"Beth doesn't wanna share her birthday?" Mercedes asked.

"She does not." Quinn confirmed. "Honestly, I don't blame her, but I don't think it's really up to me."

"Yeah."

"Do you wanna go up and say hi?"

"Sure."

-

"Noah."

"Q."

"Mercedes and I were talking earlier." Quinn began. "About work."

"You get an offer?" Puck questioned Quinn.

"Well, I've been thinking about Artie's." Quinn said. "About that movie."

Puck furrowed his eyebrow.

"I read the script, and I really like it." Quinn told Puck. "I wanna call him and tell him I'm interested."

"Then call him." Puck advised Quinn.

"Just like that?" Quinn raised her eyebrow. "You don't think we need to talk about this some more?"

"What's there to talk about?" Puck wondered. "You should go through the audition process or whatever, and figure out where and when filming will be, and if you're in, we'll make everything work."

Quinn looked at Puck.

"What?" Puck asked.

"I love that everything is so simple to you." Quinn stated. "And that you believe in me."

"I do." Puck nodded. "And it is. I don't want anything to hold you back from what you want and what you're capable of. You know, like what you had in New York when I was away."

Quinn nodded back.

"I just want you to have everything you want."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

96.9K 2.3K 100
Quinn juggles school, boys, and raising Beth during Junior Year, along with having her mother's boyfriend and his daughter move in and Puck returning...
2.7K 173 36
Musician Noah Puckerman has been getting a lot of bad press lately. His PR team comes to the rescue in the form of a beautiful blonde actress named Q...
32K 1.2K 76
Quinn and Puck adjusting to their life together when Puck returns home from his second deployment. tw: military ptsd / harm also - please keep in min...
4K 275 51
Living in L.A., Puck juggles work while raising his daughter. When Beth doesn't want to fly to New York to visit her mom, Puck decides to go with her...