๐’๐“๐€๐‘ ๐๐Ž๐“๐„๐๐“๐ˆ๐€๐‹ ยฅ...

By chocolex122

...๐ญ๐ซ๐ฒ๐ง๐š ๐›๐ž ๐ฆ๐ฒ๐ฌ๐ž๐ฅ๐Ÿ, ๐›๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ฐ๐š๐ฒ ๐ญ๐จ๐จ ๐›๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฒ ๐ญ๐ซ๐ฒ๐ง๐š ๐›๐ž ๐ฅ๐ข๐ค๐ž ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฒ๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐ž๏ฟฝ... More

๐’๐“๐€๐‘ ๐๐Ž๐“๐„๐๐“๐ˆ๐€๐‹
๐€๐„๐’๐“๐‡๐„๐“๐ˆ๐‚ & ๐๐‹๐€๐˜๐‹๐ˆ๐’๐“
โ•šยปโ˜…ยซโ• ๐๐Ž๐“๐„๐๐“๐ˆ๐€๐‹ โ•šยปโ˜…ยซโ•
"๐‹๐ข๐ฅ๐ฒ, ๐ƒ๐จ ๐˜๐จ๐ฎ ๐–๐š๐ง๐ง๐š ๐Š๐ง๐จ๐ฐ ๐š ๐’๐ž๐œ๐ซ๐ž๐ญ?"
"๐ƒ๐š๐๐๐ฒ, ๐Œ๐ข๐ฅ๐ž๐ฒ ๐“๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ ๐ญ๐จ ๐’๐ž๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐Œ๐ž ๐ญ๐จ ๐Ž๐ฅ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ!"
"๐Ž๐ฉ๐ก๐ž๐ฅ๐ข๐š, ๐ฆ๐ฆ๐ฆ, ๐–๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐‡๐š๐ฏ๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐†๐จ๐ง๐ž?"
"๐’๐ก๐ž'๐ฌ ๐š ๐’๐ฎ๐ฉ๐ž๐ซ ๐’๐ง๐ž๐š๐ค."
"๐‰๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐Œ๐š๐ค๐ž ๐ˆ๐ญ ๐‡๐š๐ฉ๐ฉ๐ž๐ง."
"๐–๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ข๐Ÿ ๐ข๐ญ ๐๐จ๐ž๐ฌ๐ง'๐ญ ๐›๐ฎ๐ซ๐ง?"
"๐Ž๐ก, ๐’๐ฐ๐ž๐š๐ซ ๐๐จ๐ญ ๐๐ฒ ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐Œ๐จ๐จ๐ง!"
"๐ˆ ๐ƒ๐จ๐ง'๐ญ ๐„๐ฏ๐ž๐ง ๐‹๐ข๐ค๐ž ๐‘๐จ๐ฌ๐ž๐ฌ!"

"๐ˆ ๐‰๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ญ--๐ˆ ๐‘๐ž๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐–๐š๐ง๐ญ๐ž๐ ๐“๐ก๐ข๐ฌ."

897 62 77
By chocolex122

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍/ 𝐒𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐎𝐍𝐄
𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐃𝐄 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓.

𝐎𝐏𝐀𝐋 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐎𝐃 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐆𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐋𝐈𝐋𝐘--𝐋𝐎𝐋𝐀 𝐀𝐒 𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐀𝐇 𝐒𝐀𝐍𝐆 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐆. Opal was hardly paying attention on the phone with her manager. She was getting swamped with writing gigs left right and centre. Sometimes her manager was too good at his job.

"Okay, can you get me till the end of next week, I'll have demos done for them by then, is that okay?"

"That's better than okay, kid," he told her on the other end. "Don't burn yourself out, they know you got school and stuff."

"Thank you Victor."

"No problem. We'll slow down after this is done, give you time to do kid shit," he said down the other side end. "Take care, call me later. I'll pick you up tomorrow at three."

"Bye."

She hung up as Hannah came back from the stage spotting out feathers. "So what did you think?"

"This pyjamas are so cute," Lola all but squealed.

"I was talking about the song."

"Oh, love that too but I can't wear it."

Collin had finally stopped needing her to baby him and was doing all good on his own but that didn't mean she wasn't watching.

"Oh! When we're at the mall tomorrow I want to get something cool to wear," Lola said and the sisters grimaced similarly.

"Oh! I forgot, publicity thing," Hannah said moving to the changing room.

"And I have to be in the studio tomorrow," Opal said apologetically. "What about Saturday?" She suggested.

Lola made a face of thought, "Uh, Saturday, Saturday. Can't, Lakers game with my dad. How about Sunday?"

Hannah was tugged into changing room, mid reply.

"Can't. Costume fitting  Sunday morning," Hannah finished having changed out of her pyjama look.

Lola looked to Opal who shook her head, " I have brunch with Kelly. What about Sunday afternoon?"

"Uh, no dinner with my grandparents, I love 'em but the smell like oat—."

Hannah went sprinting away when her next number started playing.

"—meal!" She finished three minutes later as Hannah came running backstage.

"Oh! I love the smell of oatmeal," she sighed and Opal hummed in agreement.

"Not when it's mixed with mouthwash and my Grandmother's B. O."

"Your grandmother has surprisingly strong BO if I'm honest, can't miss her."

"No you can't," Lola agreed. "This is crazy."

"What?"

"We haven't had any Miley/ Lily/ Ofie time in like forever."

Opal grimaced guiltily. "I know."

"I miss it too," Hannah agreed.

"How about Tuesday after school?"

"Ooh! Sounds perfect but I'm trying out for the cheer—," she was tugged away mid sentence only to reemerge a minute later in a different costume, "—leading squad," she finished.

"Ooh! Hey, why don't you guys try out with me?"

"Cheerleading?" Lola and Opal inquired dubiously.

"Give me an N give me an O what does that spell?" Lola pretended

"No." Opal finished with a deadpan.

There was no way.

"Yeah no time together! Me and Ofie live in the same house and I've barely seen her face this week!"

Lola accidentally followed Hannah out on stage and Opal shook her head. "No way."

~~~~~

"I said no way," Ophelia grumped at her sister after being bullied from her bed Monday afternoon. She'd come home from school and immediately went to go take a nap, unfortunately for her, Miley had different ideas.

She standing with Lily between the living room and kitchen as Miley held a pair of pompoms in their school's colours going over a routine.

"We've got pride, on our side, we know it, we show it, we got pride," she punctuated each line by bashing the pompoms together and ended it by jumping weirdly.

"Okay," she turned to them, "That's the pride cheer with optional herky, any questions."

Ofie raised her hand immediately, "What the heck-y is a herky? And is it edible?" She inquired, both hungry and tired.

"Second," Lily raised her hand, "If one of these is a pompon," she started touching the plastic strips curiously. "Does that make two of them Pompon pompons?"

"These are the questions that haunt me," Ophelia said solemnly.

Miley fixed them the a flat stare, handing Lily the Pompons and pushing Ophelia to join. "Show me what you've got."

Lily and Ophelia stood side by side awkwardly.

"Go on!" Miley prompted.

Lily started to side step doing choreography with the pompons. "Go team! Throw the ball. Go team to the mall."

As this was happening Ophelia started doing the quote on quote "optional herky". Doing left and right consecutively, giggling to herself, before deciding to just jump up and down. "Jump! Jump! Jump!—this would be so much better on my bed," she giggled turning to go do just that before Miley stopped her.

"Guys! We're doing this to spend time together," Miley said seriously, placing a hand on Ofie's head to stop her bouncing. "That's not gonna happen if I'm on the team and you guys aren't."

They both slumped.

"Okay, so just watch me, alright?" Miley took back the pompon's before moving to show them another routine.

"And one, two, three, four— move and squat, arms up and jump!" Ofie and Lily struggled to keep up , both several seconds behind with concentrated frowns. "Twirl, clap, arms up and jump! Okay, now you guys try," she handed Ofie the pompon's and she and Lily were now left to fend for themselves once again.

"Move and squat and arms and jump," Lily tried as they both went over the choreo, "and clap and arms and twirl and twirl and twirl—and twirling," Lily spun to fast and ended up twirling off and over the single seater, legs in the air like a scorpion. "How's that."

"Now. Why is it thqt when I ended up on the couch like, I got grounded for two weeks?" Jackson announced his presence, looking at their dad in an accusatory manner.

"That's because you jumped all the way from the piano," Their dad patted his back shaking his head.

"Sixteen Feet. A new personal best, baby."

Miley crossed her arms, "I'm guessing you're gonna be the only cheerleader there with pompons and a helmet," she rolled her eyes.

"I need a little help!" Lily chocked out and the sisters rushed forward to help her out.

~~~~

"I think it's a good idea," Johnny said on the other end of their Skype call, he had a free period before lunch and decided to call.

"Of course you do, you love seeing me uncomfortable."

"Correction, I like seeing stepping out of your shell, this is a good idea."

"I don't think it is," Ophelia huffed. "I'll make a fool of myself!"

"Hardly, didn't you used to do dance and gymnastics when you were younger?" He raised his brows, tapping his pencil against his desk as he leaned back in his chair. "It's just like that."

"You make it sound so simple!"

" 'cause it is!" Jonny rolled his eyes at her, "You're the one complicating things. Besides if you don't do it for Miley, I'll make you do for me."

Ofie gasped. "You wouldn't dare."

"Just did. Need I remind you what you promised me before I left the continent?" Jonny grinned mischievously.

"You are horrid."

"Thanks," he leaned forward, "Let's get started, get started with a nice chant and choreo, make sure there's a bit of tumbling and a Herky in there."

"Now I want beef jerky."

"Herkys make me hungry," Johnny agreed, "Snack break?"

"Snack break."

~~~~~

Ophelia and Jonny came up with choreography and a chant in the two hours that they had Ofie spent the rest of the evening and most of the night practicing. She was honestly shocked at how much her body still remembered and was able to do in terms of flexibility.

She her she had down she e-mailed a video of it to Johnny who sent her double thumbs up and a wink face which meant that it was great. We'll just see if it's enough for coach Lewis.

That morning she woke up sore and exhausted. Her breakfast being paired with Gatorade that she drank on the way to school, the school having an odd policy about bringing drinks from home.

"I'm so excited! Are you you excited?!" Miley jumped along side her as they walked, practically vibrating in place.

"Yeah, so excited," she drawled, chugging the rest of her Gatorade as they came to upon the school doors. She tossed her empty bottle into the recycling.

"You don't look like it."

"Miley, it's eight in the morning. Give me two more hours and I swear I will match your energy," Ophelia yawned.

"Ophelia."

The sisters turned to find the vice principal standing by the entrance waiting.

"Good morning, Mrs. Kerch."

"Good morning girls," she smiled at them. "Was just hoping to borrow Ophelia here for a little bit," she smiled motioning Ophelia to follow her to the office.

Ofie waved goodbye to her sister before following. "Is something wrong?"

Mrs. Kerch shook her head, "Oh, no, of course not, I just need your help. If that's not a problem."

"Of course no, I'm happy to help."

"I knew you would."

Ophelia waved at the secretary as they passed by, they stopped at the principal's office. Mrs. Kerch knocked before sticking her head. "I have her here."

"Send her in."

The door was opened all the way and Ophelia was invited in. "Good morning Mr. Smith," she greeted with a kind smile turning her head when she notice someone seated across from him. "Oh, beach boy," her mouth moved faster than her brain and she felt her face grow hot.

The boy from the beach during her birthday party or Beach Boy as he had just been dubbed looked at her and perked up, brown eyes lighting up. He immediately reminded Ofie of a puppy, she could see metaphorical ears and a tail waving happily back and forth behind him.

"Birthday Girl," he returned with that stupidly attractive accent of his and her breath hitched. She was sure the air got stuck somewhere between her bronchi and lungs. "Nice to see you again."

"S-s—," Ophelia cleared her throat, "Same here."

The looked at each other a for a moment. His brown eyes took in her hair that she had out naturally and down her outfit to her the tips of her shoes before they met eyes again. He smiled again, soft and sweet and Ophelia was so sure she went into cardiac arrest.

"I see you two have already met, that makes my day infinitely easier."

"Uh, yeah, once at the beach, we just ran into each other—literally," he smiled before standing and holding out his hand, towering over her even when bent at the waist. "Um, Atticus Greene, nice to formally meet you."

Ophelia immediately slipped her hand into his. His hands were still as soft and warm as they were at the beach. "Ophelia Stewart, nice to me meet you."

As he pulled away their fingers lingered but she didn't let it distract her as she turned to the principal. "That's a great start to the day. Mr. Greene will be with us for the rest of the year, and since he's been enrolled towards the end of this semester I chose his electives for him to mirror the once he had already done in the UK and I'm sure you will be happy to note that most of his extra curriculars are ones you are currently taking, so I had his schedule match yours. You can be his buddy for next few weeks, if that's not a problem."

Ophelia shook her head, "That's no problem at all, I'm glad to help," she sent Atticus a smile that returned with a bright one of his own.

Mr. Smith clapped his hands, "Great! You'll be glad to know that Miss Stewart is my best student," he told Atticus in a conspiring whisper. "Try to soak up the best of her wit as you can."

"You flatter me, Mr. Smith."

"Hardly flattery when it's true—oh! And while you're showing him around , please show him where the red gym is, he wants to try out for the basketball team and tryouts are...."

"Today at six," Ophelia finished for him and he pointed at her as if it say: see what I mean.

He gave Atticus his schedule, locker combo and slip that's supposed to be signed off by each of the teachers that day.

He and Ophelia stopped just outside the office. "So," Ophelia looked at his locker number. "Your locker is near mine so we can start there and I'll show you class, sound good?"

He nodded, "Sounds great."

She motioned for him to follow and they walked side by side. Ophelia felt like she was like a spectator outside her body. Watching her make food of herself. Her shoulders had been steadily climbing up to her ears the more stressed out she got and she was sure it was getting noticeable.

Breathe Ofie. Breathe.

Say something, say something.

She accidentally caught his eye through her peripheral and had to withhold a squeak as her shoulders climbed higher.

Say something.

"So—."

"I was—."

They spoke over each other coming to a stop in the hallway and turning to face each other.

"You go—."

"You first—."

Their lips pursed in amusement and Ofie giggled turning her head away as he chuckled.

"Ladies first," he said motioning for her to speak first.

"I-I was just going to ask you how you like Malibu so far?" She shrugged forcing her shoulders to drop naturally.

"Um, it's hot," he decided after a moment of thought, "Like really hot, but the culture is interesting. You can really see why people call America a melting pot."

She nodded and continued moving. "Your turn."

"I was going to ask where you were from?"

"Oh?"

"Your accent isn't like the ones I hear around here."

Ophelia sent him a warm smile, "I moved here from Tennessee a couple years ago with my dad and siblings."

"Oh, interesting."

An awkward silence fell between them as she lead the way to his locker.

"So—."

"I—."

They spoke over each other again and they giggled.

"Oh this is so awkward," Ophelia choked out, "you go first, since I went first."

"So you like horses?"

Ophelia couldn't help but laugh, "What a dumb question," she shook her head. "And yes, I like horses, I've been riding since I was in diapers—and here we are, home base for the foreseeable future," she pointed at his locker.

He was swift to put in his combination but the locker jammed. He released a frustrated breath. "Is there anyone we can talk to—."

"Oli!" Ophelia had looked around to find Oliver when she noticed that the locker door wasn't budging.Oliver immediately looked over pausing mid stride before redirecting towards her.

"You called, sweetheart?"

"Locker jam. I need your magical touch."

"Anything for you," Oliver said before banging on the locker twice causing the door to swing open.

"Thanks."

"Smoken Oken is always happy to help—oh, who's this?" Oliver turned noticing the new kid who waved awkwardly.

"Atticus Greene, meet Oliver Oken, one of my best friends," Ofie introduced and Atticus held out a hand for Oliver to shake. "Oliver Oken, meet the new kid Atticus Greene he'll be in our home room."

"Awesome, nice to meet you—listen I gotta get to Sports med, so I'll see you guys at lunch," he clapped Atticus on the shoulder, "Welcome to Malibu, man."

"Eh, viola," Ofie motioned to the now open locker. "One of Oliver's only talents outside inhaling hotdogs."

"Thanks," he smiled at her again, soft and sweet and Ophelia heart hammered and her palms grew sweaty.

Ew.

Gross.

This was all Miley's fault.

~~~~~

"This is all your fault," Ofie hissed in her sister's ear at lunch.

"What?" Miley turned but Ofie was smiling as if she hadn't just accused her sister of something.

"Guys this is Atticus," Ophelia introduced Beach Boy shooting Lily and Miley a pointed glare when their jaws dropped and their eyes glazed over. "Atticus, this is my sister Miley and our best friend Lily—you already know Oliver."

They sat beside each other and Ofie kicked Miley and Lily under the table. "This is the guy I told you about—the one I ran into on my birthday."

"Literally," he made sure add nudging her in amusement and Ophelia withheld a giddy little smile. He waved at Lily and Miley, "Nice to meet you guys."

"Oh it's so good to meet you—agh!" Ophelia kicked Lily viscously under the table. "T-too it's so nice to meet you too."

'Dibs' Ophelia mouthed pointedly and Miley threw her head back laughing, high giving Lily.

"We told you so."

"Little Ofie growing up," Miley cooed, Ofie kicked her too. "Ow!"

"You two can go rot," Ophelia turned to Atticus only to find his attention stolen by the flirty looking Amber. Her jaw clenched and her shoulders slumped.

"You should come sit with us," Amber cooed and Atticus smiled that sweet smile of his.

"Thanks but, I'm happy here, besides I don't wanna loose my guide," he nudged Ofie with his shoulder and she felt something in her brighten. "Maybe another time."

Amber's smile fell and scoffed, "Whatever," she flicked her hair over her shoulder and stormed off.

Atticus looked back at them, "Charming, that one."

"You have no idea."

~~~~~

At the end of the day, Atticus and Ophelia parted ways with waves and words of encouragement for their respective try-outs.

Ophelia has dressed up on a pair of Jackson's old (very old—meaning clean!) basket ball shorts, a pair of converse and cropped long sleeved shirt. As she sat in the blue gym watching the try outs. Coach Lewis was observing everyone with vague disdain and it made Ofie nervous, she had to remind herself that Coach Lewis actually liked her. She was one of the few Coach Lewis didn't yell at.

Her day was made so much better by the fact that Ashley had failed and Amber was in the process of making a clown of herself. She kept falling over and getting back up only to fall again.

"Dominate the floor—pirates make that score! Give it all you got—pirates make that shot—ow!" Amber fell over once again and Ophelia winced hiding her giggle in Lily's shoulder. "Oh! I can't belive I broke a nail!" She raged for a moment before quickly correcting herself, "Anyway! Yay, team!"

"Uh, Amber. That was a wonderful effort," Coach Lewis stepped forward to help her up. "Every time you tell you hit right back up again," Amber giggled happily, "Even when I begged you to stay down," Coch Lewis continued causing Amber's smile to drop and Ofie to giggle. "Everyone give it up for the effort."

They all clapped holding back giggles.

"Okay, moving on!"

Amber and Ashely shot everyone nasty looks before storming out.

"Okay, Stewart, show me you stuff," Coach Lewis called Miley to the front and Ophelia gave her an encouraging pat on the back.

Miley eagerly went up to the centre of the gym. "Okay! They got our ball," she clapped twice, "we want it back!"

It went on for a few more seconds before Coach Lewis stopped her. "I got it—what else you got?"

"Oh! I have a good one!" Miley beamed.

"And slide and slide and do the butterfly! And dip and dip and shake my little hips ! I want you and you to cheer it with me too!" She punctuated her chant with a herky and Lily and Ofie clapped impressed.

Coach Leais seemed impressed too, "Oh, way to go baby! When I asked you to bring it, you brought it! Now take it over there," she patted Miley in the back sending her back to the stands.

"That was great Miley!"

"Thank you."

"Okay, Baby Stewart! Front and centre!" Coach Lewis clapped her hands and Ophelia nervously shuffled to the centre. "Don't be scared, Baby, you got this," Coach Lewis smiled encouragingly and Ofie nodded taking a deep breath.

She looked back at her sister and Lily who were giving thumbs up, they weren't the only ones, several people from the stands were giving her encouragement.

"C'mon Ofie!"

"You got this."

She got this.

Just make it happen.

Ophelia cleared her throat and posed with attitude, arms up, fingers pointing to the ceiling.

"Oh!"

She inhaled. "I said "Brrr! It's cold in here!", " She started strong, going through her choreographed routine, clapping her hands and stomping her feet to make a beat.

"There must be some pirates in the atmosphere! I said "Brrr! It's cold in here! There must be some pirates in the atmosphere!" I said "Oooo! Ice! Ice! Ice! Ice!" Slow it down! "Ooooo! Ice! Ice Ice!" Here we go!"

Ophelia took a step back and tumbled, rounding off she did a series of back hands springs as she was doubling back, she she did a back hand spring step out and front walkover, back where she started, she ended with the "optional herky" before posing once again, with her hands in the air.

For a moment there was silence and she dropped her hands looking around with grimace. "Did I do something wrong?" she asked Coach Lewis who was looking at her stunned.

She shook her head, "Wrong?! Hell no baby, you did everything just right! Where have you been hiding all this?! You been lying to me—no wonder you and Collins were friends, you just love holding out on me!"

Coach Lewis threw an arm over Ophelia's shoulders. "You ain't holding out on me anymore , you're on the squad!"

Ophelia perked up, "Seriously?"

"You bet your behind, Baby Stewart! Everyone give it up for Baby Stewart!"

The was roar of claps and cheers and Ofie went red in the face as she jogged back to her seat wrapping her arms around her sister.

"That was awesome Ofie!" Miley squealed as several of the classmates came over to congratulate her.

"Yeah, where the heck did that come from?!" Lily gasped but before Ophelia could answer Coach Lewis called for her.

"Good luck Lily!"

"Okay, Truscott, you're the last one! The next minute of my life is yours! Don't waste it. Let's go!"

Lily made a a nervous face as she walked to grab the Pompons. She looked back at the Stewart Sisters who gave her an encouraging double thumbs up.

"Dominate the floor...pirates, Raise that score..." Lily started awkwardly, not quite into it. "Give it a shot—sorry oh!" She released breath. "I mean—give it all you got Pirates take that—make that shot, yay!" She fluttered the pompons with a smile only to grimace at Coach Lewis' face.

"We wasn't that something," the woman started as she went to write something on her clipboard.

"C-can I try something a little different?"

"Yeah, something different will be good!"

"Oh! No!" Miley squeak wrapping her arms around, "I can't watch this! I only taught her one cheer!" She hid her face in Ofie's shoulder while Ofie continued to watch.

Lily put the pompons back.

"You might be good at football, you might be good basketball you might as well step back! C'mon step back, uh huh! Uh-huh!" Lily did a little break dance before tumbling down the gym and back, doing a back tuck before sticking the landing. Ofie gapped and clapped along with the others as Miley went over to congratulate Lily.

"Wow! Where did that come from?"

Lily shrugged. "I just did all my skateboarding stunts without my skateboard."

"Well you know what? Put the skateboard away and grab a uniform! You're on the squad!"

Ophelia and Miley squealed jumping up and down. "Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay!"

"And Stewart?"

Miley looked over at Coach Lewis with a bright grin. "I love your enthusiasm, it's is part of what makes you perfect for a position of great responsibility on this squad. And I think you know what I'm talking about..."she pointed a Miley playfully.

"I think I do!" Miley returned in the same manner before turning to Lily and Ofie eagerly, "She's gonna make me head cheerleader!"

They all squealed .

"Congratulations to our new mascot!"

Miley went to celebrate only to turn around, "Yeah!—Mas—what?" She looked around, perplexed.

"Everyone say hello to Pirate Pete! Arrgh!" Coach Lewis's pulled out a mascot head and placed it on Miley's head.

Miley turned , "Arrgh?" She question them and Ofie shrugged feeling bad.

She went to offer her sister words of apology only to get cut off.

"Baby Stewart! Front and centre."

Ophelia stepped forward as Coach Lewis smiled at her. "Girl you had me shaking in my boots with that attitude. You came in strong, went out strong, commanded attention. That's the sort of thing I want on this squad, that's the sort of example I want followed."

"Thanks," Ofie blushed scratching her eyebrow.

"And since you were the only one to show me that today , I want you to be my head cheerleader."

Ofie's jaw dropped, "M-me? A-are you sure?!"

"Wouldn't have said it I wasn't sure," Coach Lewis deadpanned. "You need more confidence in yourself, Baby, and I think putting you in this position is gonna build that," she turned to the newly formed squad. "Give it up for your captain!"

"Whoo!"

"Heck yeah, Ofie!"

Ophelia was surrounded by her new squad members  smiling at their beaming faces, heart hammering in her chest.

"With you at the head we're gonna do so good!"

"This gonna be so fun!"

Caught up in the moment Ophelia missed how her sister's shoulders slumped.

~~~~

"So, how did it go?" Their daddy asked the sisters when they came home later that evening.

"I made the squad!" Ofie threw her arms up in celebration holding up her new cheer uniform.

"I'm the mascot," Miley grumped crossing her arms.

"Well that's great, Sugar!" Robbie grinned. "I told your Mamaw that you were trying out she almost had a heart attack."

"And guess what?" Ofie said brightly as Miley slumped on the couch.

"What?"

"I'm head cheerleader!"

"No way!" Robby matched her excitement.

"Yes way!" Ofie squealed. "I need to go tell Johnny!" She ran up the stairs feeling light and giddy.

Robbie watched his youngest run off with a proud smile. "I haven't seen her this excited in ages , I needa call mom," he pointed at Miley and her mascot head. "Cool head," he said ruffling her hair and walking away.

"Hey, ma! You're not gonna believe this! Ofie made the squad—yeah way! She's so excited—."

Miley slumped into the sofa with a grumble.

~~~~

"I heard someone made the squad," someone whispered in her ear prompting her to look up from her book. She perked up at the sight of Atticus as he took a seat beside her.

She smiled brightly, "Yeah, and a little birdy told me someone's on the basketball team—point guard, congratulations."

"Same to you," he smiled and nudged her with his shoulder, "Seems we'll be seeing a more of each other, yes?"

She nodded, "Try not to get bored of me."

"Never," he smiled that soft sweet smile of his and Ofie settled, pressing their shoulders together as she looked back down at her book. He silently pressed closer and pulled his own book from his backpack.

She could get used to this.

~~~~~

"Okay, so I was thinking..." Ophelia started that day at practice as she sat with the squad as they stretched. "I have some music mixed that we can mash together with our chants for our routines, some simple choreography can go a long way."

"Sounds good," Philis said from where she sat across from Ophelia and Lily prompting the others to nod in agreement and Ophelia beamed.

"Great, we can get started."

Practice was progressing well and Coach Lewis seemed to be in a good mood, giving the girls thumbs up as they progressed. Oliver was at the speakers practicing his commentary and playing the songs for them when needed and Ophelia was getting comfortable with being the person leading the squad, helping correct mistakes in choreography and collabing with the others to insert tricks to spice up the

Lovely, one of her squad mates and was the better tumbler along with Lily and Ofie and she was very helpful in pointing out where flips and tricks should go to fill up the space.

Things were good, Ophelia actually felt good—happy even to be stepping out of her shell until the back of her heel got hit by a wheel of a tricycle—again...for the fourth time.

"Ow! Miley!"

"Sorry!" Miley apologized, voice muffled from inside her Pirate Pete costume. "Can't see well in here," she squeezed the horn on her tricycle and Ofie sighed.

"It's fine, how's it going in there," she asked placing her hands on either side of Miley's Pirate head, and shaking it playfully.

"It stinks like Jackson's room."

"It can't be that bad."

"Wanna whiff?"

Unwilling to risk it Ofie patted her sister on the head, "No but I can try and get it clean for you, spray it with your favourite perfume, how about that?"

"Thanks."

"No problem, sis."

Ophelia turned back to her squad.

She knew Miley wasn't really happy with arrangement, wanting to have been a cheerleader but, hey, they were in the same space. It could be considered hanging out...right?

They went through one of their last routines for the day as Oliver flirted on the mic trying to give out his number until Coach Lewis called and yelled at him.

They need their routine with a few flips from Lovely and Ofie.

They squealed when they got the routine down and Coach Lewis motioned them over in excitement.

"Perfect! Fantastic! You girls are the best!" She told them encouragingly. "There's not a girl in this school who doesn't wish they were you."

Ring! Ring!

As she turned her back to talk to Miley Ofie went with her squad to stretch and practice some of their flips.

As she was stretching her calves she lifted her head in time to see Miley topple over and Amber and Ashely make fun of her. She immediately rushed over to help her up as the two walked off.

"You okay."

"Ugh!"

~~~~

Their first game was on Friday night, and surprisingly they weren't loosing and that had to do with Atticus. He was scarily good at basketball and was basically keeping the team afloat on his lonesome for over half the game.

He looked very hot doing it too.

He looked vaguely annoyed shouting occasionally to get his team going. The only one who didn't suck outside him was Conner from film class. When he subbed in Atticus looked relieved that he could breathe now that there was someone who could keep up.

They made a good team.

The other team of course noticed that the two of them were carrying the team but they were sneaky.

The squad cheered especially hard for them.

By half time they were ahead by ten points which was the first time ever in Seaview Middle school.

"Here's the score at halftime, our guests, the Philmore Flamingos 48 and for the first time ever...in like the history of forever, the Seaview Pirates lead by ten!" Oliver pressed a button his sound board and triumphant music played. "Put your hands together for your lovely Seaview Pir-ettes!—that's five-five-five -oh-one-two-seven!"

As Ophelia and the others started their routine the sound cut off so they had to quickly pivot to one of the their chants.

As they got the pyramid done one of the bottoms went lost place as the got run into by a pirate and a flamingo, sending the entire pyramid to the floor. Ophelia one of the smallest and therefore the lightest at the top of the pyramid went down bad, banging her knee against the floor.

"Oh no! The girls have gone down!"

She shrieked in pain as a searing heat spread down her leg. She curled into a tight ball sobbing.

"Oh my god! Ofie are you okay?!" Lily and some of the squad were hovering over her but Ofie could barely hear them over the roar of pain.

"Dude, what the heck was that?!"

"Are you serious!"

Lovely and Philis were yelling at the mascots and Coach Lewis had her head in her hands pacing back and forth.

"Someone get the nurse!"

"What the bloody hell just happened?!"

"Move, I'm a nurse!" Someone broke through the crowd that had surrounded them and Ophelia vaguely noted the familiar face of Atticus' mother.

"Come on sweetheart, let me see," she said soothingly, "Atti, help sit her up," Ophelia was gripped softly but firmly by the arms and pulled upright.

"Oh, I see."

"Ow! Ow!" She sobbed recoiling from Atticus' mother's firm hand as she forced Ophelia to straighten her knee, putting pressure on the dislocated patella as she did. There was disjointed pop that reverberated throughout Ofie's body but there was an instantaneous sensation of relief.

"There you go that's it!" Atticus' mother sat back on her heels. "Better, darling?"

Ophelia nodded, wiping away her tears.

"You should call her parents, she still needs to go to the doctor. I'm worried she might have a fracture based on how hard she went down," Atticus' mother was speaking to Coach Lewis as Atticus helped Ofie up from the ground, arm banding strongly around her waist as he lead her to the bleachers.

"Slowly," he cooed as he lowered her onto the bench. Her squad fussed over her, a towel was pressed to her forehead wiping away the sweat that had built from the pain. Atticus was diligent as he maneuvered her around so her leg was propped up on the bench, back supported by his chest.

He was warm.

So warm.

If she weren't in pain she would be blushing and giggling like a brainless fool.

"Lily, can you bring her some ice?"

"On it!"

"Ofie, baby, I called your dad he's on his way," Coach Lewis cooed, squatting by Ophelia and wiping away her tears. "So sorry this happened," she looked at the girls "stay with her please, I got a flamingo to cook and a pirate to drown."

"Here," Philis handed her a Gatorade as Lovely fixed the bow in Ofie's hair. Lily returned a second later with a frozen sponge wrapped in a towel and sat on the floor to help ice Ofie's knee.

"You okay Ofie?" Conner asked in concern as he wondered over.

She shook her head, "No."

"Figured," he agreed, "but hey, I'm sure you looked like Superman as you went down."

"Conner!" They scolded but Ofie snorted dropping her head holding back a smile.

"Here," Oliver appeared. "Emergency lollipop," he said handing her a cheery pop, knowing it would make her feel better.

"Thanks."

"Oli can you hold this steady, I'll be back," Lily motioned for him to take his place and Ophelia turned her head to follow her as she walked out of the gym.

~~~~~

"Thanks doc," Robbie Ray sighed.

Doctor Bowers nodded, "Just hang tight, Nurse Fills will come back with your knee brace and you guys can head home, alright."

Ophelia said nothing as she stared up at the ceiling, arms crossed over her chest. He took a seat beside her bed and tapped her right thought draw her attention.

"You okay, Baby?"

Ophelia was quiet for a long moment and she turned her head just slightly to meet his eyes. He leaned forward in concern at the look on her face, "What's wrong, Baby? Hmm?" He ran a hand over head soothingly.

Ophelia's face crumpled and it felt like a blow to his old heart. She pressed a hand to her face as she started to sob. "I just—I really wanted this," she choked out.

"Oh, beauty it's okay."

"It's not fair!" She sobbed, "Why—why is it that when I try an-and do something it-it blows up in my face. It's not fair."

"I know baby, I know, it was an accident. I know it's not fair but stuff happens. She didn't mean it."

"But why do I feel like she did it on purpose?" Ophelia sobbed out turning her head away and curling into herself. "She didn't even say sorry."

~~~~~

Miley had never felt so guilty in her life. She paced back and forth in front of her sisters room debating whether or not to knock, she felt so unbelievably terrible it almost made her sick to her stomach.

"What are you doing?"

She turned to find Jackson at the stairs holding tray of Ofie's favourite snacks.

"I want to apologize," Miley whispered and Jackson sent her a heated look that had her flinching.

"You mean you haven't apologized yet?"

"I just—I don't know what to say."

"Oh, I don't know, something like: "I'm sorry for ruining something for you again" something like that."

Miley sent him a glare, "Why does that sound like an accusation?"

"Because it is!" Jackson hissed.

"It was an accident."

"Was it?"

Miley felt tears well in her eyes. "It was! I swear! I swear it was an accident—I just didn't think."

"It don't feel like an accident, Miley. How many times is this? Three, four times?"

"What do you mean?"

"Now she has to quit the cheerleading squad. A couple years ago it was gymnastics the year before that it was dance. The year before that she had to quit horse racing—funny how all that happened when you couldn't handle that she was doing something without you."

"That's not true!"

"What are you guys arguing about?" Ophelia opened her door to glare at them. "Can't you see I'm trying to sulk in my solitude?" She asked, her voice nasally and her cheeks red from crying. Her knee was in a purple brace and by the door were crutches.

"I uh, I just wanted to see how you were," Miley tried softly.

"My knee is fractured, how do you think I'm feeling," Ofie huffed angrily, causing both of her older siblings to wince at her tone.

"I also wanted to apologize," Miley whispered.

"I'm not in a forgiving mood," she drawled. "Anything else?"

Oh she was really upset.

"Was just bringing you some snacks," Jackson offered.

Ophelia looked at the tray with dead eyes, "I'm not hungry," she denied and another flinch swept through them.

"Anything else?"

"Uh, Lily's here. We were wondering if you wanted to hang out," Miley tried again.

"No thanks, can you go now? I'd like to be alone."

Ophelia slammed the door shut in their faces before either of them could open their mouths.

They both slumped.

"This is all your fault," Jackson grunted and Miley had to agree.

~~~~~

Ofie had been sulking the entire day on Monday even Oliver had trouble picking up her mood and it was Oliver. As the end of day rolled around Atticus picked up her bag like he had been doing the entire day, insisting he carry it for her.

"What are your plans?"

"I'm going home to sulk."

"Eeehh!" Somone made a loud buzzer noise. "Wrong," Lovely appeared, stealing Ofie's bag from Atticus and slinging it over her shoulder. "We have practice."

"Practice but—I'm injured."

Philis slid up behind Lovely, "So," she raised her brows, "You're still a part of the team, you're still team captain."

"But—."

"No buts," Lily said from the door, with threats of the squad. "C'mon we're gonna be late? You know how coach Lewis gets."

Ofie gaped slightly, "You're—you're serious."

"Of course we are, c'mon."

Something warm bubbled in Ophelia's chest and she smiled for the first time in days. "Uh, yeah, let's go."

They cheered and excited the class she turned to Atticus. "Looks like a I'm preoccupied—see you tomorrow," she grinned.

He gave her one of his soft and sweet smiles, "See you tomorrow, sweetheart."

Did her heart just stop?

It probably did.

~~~~

"Did you really think I'd let you slip from my grasp just like that, I think not!" Coach Lewis lectured. "When I said I wanted you leading this team, I meant it! No more sulking, it doesn't look good on you."

Ophelia giggled slightly.

"There she is," Coach Lewis smiled before pointing at a padded computer chair. "That right there is your throne for next three months, it's my favourite chair, make yourself comfortable while you can!"

Ophelia sat down and put her crutches to the side before using her good leg to roll into the centre of the gym.

"Okay! Huddle, I have some ideas," Ophelia said brightly smiling at her team. As they spoke Ophelia looked towards the bleachers where Miley and Oliver were seated smiling and waving in encouragement.

Ophelia's smile grew a bit bigger, a bit warmer.

Okay.

This was good.

She felt really happy.

~~~~~

Chapter seven already, damn! Just so you know, Miley isn't quite forgiven yet considering she and Ofie haven't had a proper conversation about what just happened. This is a recurring thing unfortunately, Miley doesn't know how to share sometimes but that's okay, she's fourteen she'll learn (this doesn't make her a bad person, or excuse some of her actions but still ). She's a kid, but this will blow up eventually, years of pent up feelings on Ofie's end are bound to start making themselves known as she grows older.

Next chapter, we're skipping episode 9 because Ofie is not the type (and she's injured) and diving straight into episode 10, where we get more of Ofie and Atticus performing a Shakespeare scene. You're gonna love it.

After that we're doing episode 11 and 12, skipping 13 and going straight to 14 with the arrival of Jake Ryan (that cunt).

Anyway, you know the drill. Vote and COMMENT and I'll see you when I see you.

-CHOCOHOLIC ✌🏿

*unedited*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

643K 39.3K 103
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
1M 33.6K 60
๐’๐“๐€๐‘๐†๐ˆ๐‘๐‹ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โi just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!โž ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
134K 4.2K 45
matilda styles, will you be my valentine? (please reject me so i can move on) โ‹† หš๏ฝกโ‹†เญจ๐Ÿ’Œเญงโ‹† หš๏ฝกโ‹† IN WHICH christopher sturniolo falls for nepo baby or...
1M 54.8K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...