Perfect Nightmare

Od SereneScribbler

Just like any other female werewolf Dove Pierce dreams of finding her mate and living the perfect life that m... Viac

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Author Note
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 26

2.1K 56 6
Od SereneScribbler

Xavier’s POV

It’s been awhile since Dove left and I’m starting to get worried. Calling her it goes straight to voicemail. I start to get this nauseating feeling that something is deeply wrong so I decide to go and find her. Arriving at Logan’s house I see the door slightly ajar which makes my anxiousness worse.

Inside I find Logan unconscious slated against the chair he’s sitting on. He has rods that look like silver around his upper body. What happened here and where’s Dove and Olivia? I carefully start to remove those rods and due to stings I feel on my hands it’s confirmed that it is in fact silver. Who will do this to him? I know recently Logan and I had our problems but I still care about him as a brother I never had.

After removing all the silver I can finally see the extent of his wounds. His shirt is tattered and he has deep wounds that are leaking blood. His wounds are concentrated around his chest, upper arms and some are on his neck. Gently picking him up, I run towards to the pack hospital all the while praying for the safety of Logan and my mate.

“Alpha, what happened to him?” The pack doctor asks me while placing him on a hospital bed.

“If I knew, I would’ve told you.” I snap at her even though I didn’t mean it. I’m just so worried about Dove especially now that she is pregnant. I don’t want to leave Logan in case the person who did this comes back to finish the job but I also I need to find Dove so I mind link our best trackers to find her scent.

After what felt like hours Logan finally wakes up. He seems disoriented at first and a little confused when he sees bandages across his chest. He is surprised seeing me sitting there almost like he expected me to leave him to die.

“How are you feeling? Should I call the dr?” I ask first to break this awkward silence.

He tries to speak but nothing comes out. The doctor did tell me that due to the injuries the silver caused to his neck it will be awhile before he could get the full usage of his voice back. She also said that he’s very lucky to be alive with all the injuries he sustained but she hopes he will make a quick recovery due to his strong bloodline.

“No need to talk.” I tell him over mind link. “What happened?” I continue.

“Olivia happened.” Olivia? What does his mate have to do with this?

“She’s a witch and the one who did this. She also has Dove and I don’t know where they went.” He tells me. His voice sounds broken and I know what Olivia did truly hurt him.

We continue to mind link and he tells me that he doesn’t know the reason why she did all this. He apologizes for everything she has done and also apologies to me for everything he said the last time we spoke. I’m glad Logan is ok but when I get my hands on that bitch I’m gonna make sure she regrets hurting Logan.

After a while I get a message from the trackers that they couldn’t get find and track Dove or Olivia’s scents. It’s like they disappeared into thin air.

***
It’s now been a few days ever since the disappearance of my mate and I feel like I’ve lost direction. Without her here nothing makes sense and the only thing that keeps me sane is the hope of seeing her again.

“Alpha, there is a cabin three hours away from here deep in woods. Maybe she has taken the luna there.” One of the trackers tells me. Right now I’m in a meeting to discuss possible hideout locations and so far we have recognised five. So I arranged the trackers and warriors in groups of twenty to each of the five locations. Times like these it helps to have a large pack full of warriors and trackers.

At night fall we started our journey, Logan and I led the group that was heading for the cabin which was three hours away. Arriving there my wolf starts to get restless indicating that Dove is somewhere close. I give instructions through mind link and by groups of two the warriors start to scatter in different directions surrounding the cabin.

Logan and I quietly and quickly take out the guards and head inside. Inside there is a faint trail of Dove’s scent and we follow that towards a door where we find her lying on the dirty floor in the fetal position. Turning her over I see multiple scratches and bruises all across her body. But the majority of the bruises are centred on her abdomen and I suddenly fear for the safety of our baby. Her left eye is purple and swollen shut.

I will kill each and every person who dared to hurt my mate. That is a promise.

Just as we were about to leave the door opened and in walked Olivia. She looked way different now than what we were accustomed to with her all black leather look.

“Well, well, well. What do we have here? The alpha and my so called mate.” She taunts us.

“Why?” Logan whispered it with so much sorrow.

“Why don’t we ask my dearest cousin? He stole my father away from me, he is the cause I became like this. All my life I’ve been an outcast, my dad only cared about his “mate” and her children but what about me? So imagine my happiness when he wanted to introduce me to his family but then I hear that he has been killed by no other than his own nephew, the nephew he tried to raise as his own ever since his parents died.” She say with tears streaming down her face.

Wait, she is his child?

Logan gets closer to her and lays his hand on her cheek wiping away her tears. The mate bind is a strange thing even though Olivia clearly hurt him but he still wants to comfort her.

“You have got it wrong Liv. Your father kidnapped, raped and tortured Xavier’s mother than sent her remains to his father. Uncle Taron couldn’t take the pain knowing his mate isn’t there anymore so he committed suicide. After that Xavier was moved from a country that he loved to a place where he got abused constantly. The death of your father was due to self-defence since he was tired of being a punching bag for his own amusement. Your father was greedy and jealous who couldn’t take the fact that his brother had it all, a loving family and the title of alpha. He ruined a family and caused a child extensive amount of trauma just because of his own inferiority complex.”

Hearing Logan recount my life’s tale was like forcefully removing a scab from an injury. Even after all these years of therapy it still hurts and I wish he was still alive so I could invent new ways to torture and kill him and his family all over again.

I could tell that she didn’t believe Logan based on the crazed look she has in her eyes. “No. You are lying, he was a wonderful guy. His brother tricked him for the alpha title. He was perfect and you killed him so now I’m going to make you feel the same thing I felt starting with your baby and mate.” She says while pushing Logan away.

She says an incantation and flames appear around Dove and I. Gradually the flames starts to climb up my feet towards my legs. I hold Dove the best way possible so that the flames dot reach her but soon it would be a worthless cause.

“Baby, let’s leave them, they don’t deserve you. We can go back and you can be the alpha and I your Luna. Eventually we will rule the werewolf kingdom.” I look at Logan as the flames climb higher to my thighs. He is caught at a crossroad of whether leaving with his psychotic mate or rescuing us.

I try to not let my emotions show but I’m hurt when I see Logan hugging her. With nothing left to do I hug Dove closer to me and hope that we meet in the afterlife. This time I would be the perfect mate to her. My only regret is not seeing our unborn baby and giving her a family she always dreamed off.

Just as I lose all hope Logan does something I didn’t expect him to do. One moment he’s hugging her and the next moment her body drops to the floor with a big chunk of her neck missing. As soon as her body drops the flames disappear with no indication that they were even there in the first place. Logan turns around and wipes his bloody mouth with his shirt like nothing happened.

“We should get her to the hospital.” He says pulling me out of shock

Did he just kill his mate for us?

Walking back out I see most of Olivia’s men are dead and the ones that survived are in sliver handcuffs on their knees with my warriors surrounding them. I want to kill them all but some of them may have been dragged into this by force.

“I will count to five and anyone who wishes to join my pack may do so otherwise you will all be killed.” After my announcent two guys, one with a wife and a small baby and the other by himself move toward us and stand behind my men. I nod at my head warrior to continue with our plan with the rest who refused to join us.

Turning my mate who lays peacefully in my lap, I pray to the moon goddess that she and our child make it through this. In the distance I see smoke from where Olivia’s warehouse once stood.

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

42.3K 663 6
Isabella's world crumbles when she gets rejected by her mate, Alpha King Xavier Wulfric, the one from whom she expected acceptance after being mistre...
441K 13.5K 27
WARNING: this was written when I was 12 and is NOT representative of my current writing abilities. read at your own risk!! Xavier Chase is a brutal A...
10.1M 349K 51
"Will you reject me?" I ask, ignoring the lump that was forming in my throat. I fought the tears that were threatening to fall. Don't cry, please Han...
366K 10.1K 32
Pain was all she knew. And if happiness was what she was seeking, she has to uncover her hidden past and her dark secrets to achieve her goal. Will s...