King's Obsession

By ASTERHaru

In the realm of shadows, their souls collide, He, a tempest of hatred, she, love's gentle tide. A monstrous h... More

CHAPTER-1 Rouse Kingdom
CHAPTER-2 Crown Prince
CHAPTER-3 The royal family
CHAPTER - 4 (PURGE PART - 1)
CHAPTER -5 ( PURGE-2)
CHAPTER -6 ( PURGE-END)
CHAPTER -7 EMPEROR
CHAPTER -8 KING AND QUEEN
CHAPTER-9 FRUSTRATION
CHAPTER -10 CORONATION
CHAPTER-12 Truth of 'The monarch'
CHAPTER-13 Preparation of wedding
CHAPTERS-14 Monster
CHAPTER-15 Fight to protect
CHAPTER-16 Escape part-1
CHAPTER-17 Escape-part 2
Author's note
CHAPTER-18 Crimson fire
CHAPTER-19 Last memories
CHAPTERS-20 Return to the palace
CHAPTER-21 Another beginning or end?

CHAPTER-11 First kiss of acceptance(END OF SEASON)

140 6 0
By ASTERHaru

A few days ago,

"Listen, Chloe, Count Beth isn't in the normal prison where other criminals are. He is in the dungeon located in the most secluded area and has tight security. Even a bird can't enter without permission. Even if you pass that, Cerberus will be there."

In the Hemsworth mansion, Chloe and Grey plan to meet Count Beth in their study.

"Cerberus, who is that?" Chloe asks.

"He is a mysterious man who is only loyal to Ragnarök. In the military or the army, nobody knows him. Only Ragnarök can order him, and Chloe, you have to be careful of him the most. He is just like Ragnarök; he has no mercy. He is a bloodthirsty dog."

"So how will I go in there?"

"You can go to that tower with me, but to visit Count Beth specifically, we have to get Cerberus out of there.

The only way to do that is to surprise Ragnarök, enough for him to call Cerberus to his side. And the only situation he would do that is......"

PRESENT TIME:

"You have agreed now, no turning back, Carol,"

Carol held Ragnarök's hand as they walked inside the ballroom of the palace.

"I got it," she answered.

As they walked up the stairs, everyone in the hall glanced at the beautiful couple. The fierce Ragnarök, the monarch, wasn't his usual self.

He looked like a normal person beside Carol, not a threatening beast. Treating her gently, looking at her lovingly.

Nobody could say he killed thousands of people to reach there.

The grand, magnificent, and creamy bath stone was filled with lights, not leaving a corner dark. The smell of fresh flowers spread everywhere, just like a beautiful scenery.

Ragnarök was inaugurated into the palace by receiving the crown upon his head. It wasn't exaggerated, just simple, contrary to the previous ruler. The first dance was led by the guest of honor, which was usually the person of the highest social position, a member of the royal family.

"Do you even know how to dance?" she whispered as he offered his hands.

She bowed down a little, lifting her gown, and then took his hand.

"What do you think?"

He swung her and put his hand on her waist while holding her hand.

She snickered a little, "Don't step on my feet, dummy."

As the first ray of sun reflected on the deep blue ocean, and he smiled at her just as brightly as those rays.

He held her like something precious, someone he can't live without.
He pulled her closer, making her widen her eyes.

"You are the air I breathe, Carol. Without you, I will die..."

He whispered those words in her ear with his soothing and low voice, making her blush like a strawberry in winter.

As they reached the end of the dance, the last swing, the last touch of that dance.
As he put his hand on his chest to end their dance, she bowed to him while saying something that made his heart flutter for the first time.

"Then bear with me for the rest of your life... Stupid, 'Rubis'..."

Rubis is the name she gave him when he had no name, which she called him throughout their entire childhood. Thereafter, it was a sight that was memorable for every person present in the hall, Ragnarök laughing in front of everyone, with a little blush on his cheeks.

He takes Carol's hand and runs outside the ball.

"Your majesty can laugh?"

"I think I saw heaven."

"Love is a beautiful thing, it can even make a beast a tamed dog."

Noble's opinion changed after seeing him like that.

"Stupid, what are you doing, running away? It is your coronation ceremony," Carol shouts at him while running. He stops when they reach the balcony of the palace.

"Say that again," he says.

"What?" she asks.

"My name, Carol," he holds her shoulder gently.

She averts her gaze in embarrassment.

"Don't look away from me, Carol, please." His slow and soft voice makes Carol weak. The mighty Ragnarök, whom everyone fears just at the sight of, pleading to her.

"Rubis... Don't just leave like that, it's your party." she says as her cheeks get redder than his ruby eyes.

He taps his forehead on hers, closes his eyes, and takes a breath of relief.

"I thought you forgot, Carol," he softly whispers.

"You think I can? Dummy..." She holds his blue coat with both her hands.

She looks up at him to see his face, which was coming closer to her.
Furthermore, she squints her eyes tightly, holding him.

Likewise, she pouts, thinking he is going to kiss her, while closing her eyes tightly.
His lips coming close to her stop before he could touch her.
He stops and smiles.

"Carol, are you waiting for a kiss?" he snickers.
She opens her eyes, thinking he is making fun of her.

"You bastard--"
She couldn't finish her sentence because her ripe, red-filled lips were gently pressed by Ragnarök's.

Her eyes enlarged, she clenched Ragnarök's clothes as the fireworks were still dominating the sky.

Ragnarök also dominated her lips, putting his hands on her black and straight, moves as soft prairie grass in summer wind. Complimenting her pale skin and blue eyes.

A kiss of a few moments ended with both of them looking into each other's eyes.
As if fire and water were mingling together.

Before they could say anything, a harsh and loud sound of an explosion surprised them.

A hideous monster, huge as a mountain, fierce with lava coming out of his body with no eyes which could be seen from the balcony.

He noticed Carol and Ragnarök, surging towards them, running and screaming.
Ragnarök hurriedly shielded Carol behind him.

"Carol, stay put," he said.
He took out his sword, but he would rather not use his power in front of Carol.

He jumped out of the balcony with only his sword.

As he was fighting with the monster, he heard Carol scream his name.

"RUBIS!!"

When he looked behind, there were at least ten of those monsters heading toward the palace where Carol was standing.

"Cerberus, come out and protect Carol at any cost!" he shouts.

Cerberus, who was guarding the count, appeared behind Carol.

She looks behind and sees a gigantic man with red eyes.

She thinks he's the enemy and struggles to get away from him, but he carries her and flies away with his wings like a bat.
She shouts as he carries her to safety.

"Now... let's take care of you all," Birtholt came with the Royal Army to protect the palace.

A ruckus was inside the ballroom, with people running to safety.

"Your majesty, these monsters..." Birtholt shouts from afar.

"They are the Labianca Kingdom's special beasts that they used to raise. We fought them a lot in battle. Them being here means someone from inside released them," Ragnarök says as he fights them.

His dark fog comes out, choking the beast and pulling it apart.

"One is dead, let's end the remaining. I don't have time for this, Birtholt," he says with his blazing eyes.

"Yes, your majesty."

Amidst the ruckus, Chloe sneaks into the tower dungeon. She runs without stopping. The dungeon guard was heading to the palace to fight the monsters.

She heads to the place where her father was held captive, according to Grey's information.

She stops at the corner most cell and sees a weak man, nearly dead, behind the bars. Chloe's eyes tear up as she falls to the ground. She holds the bar with her hand and calls her father.

"Dad..." she cries upon seeing his condition.

He opens his eyes slowly and sees Chloe in front.

"Chloe, my daughter... is that you?" A weak and breaking voice speaks to her.

"Dad... I'm sorry, I can't help you," she says while crying.

"No, don't worry about me, Chloe. Save Carol!"

"What do you mean, Dad? Is Carol in danger?" She springs up upon hearing Carol's name.

"Yes... it's all my fault. I am a sinner, my daughter, which led my daughter into this mess..." He cries, closing his eyes and shedding a river of tears.

" "It's okay, Dad," Chloe comforted her father with words.

"Ragnarok says he will pardon us from treason."

"No... not because of the treason. Chloe, listen carefully... Don't let Carol marry Ragnarök."

"Why, Dad? Why are you so against it?"

"Because Ragnarök... Ragnarök isn't human, my daughter." His words left Chloe speechless.

"What do you mean by that, Dad? He isn't human? Carol is going to be his wife?" She shouted at him. Her scream was a cry of anger and fear for her sister.

"His mother, the third wife of King Henry and the queen, couldn't bear children because her uterus was burned with poison by the first wife of King Henry. Ragnarok's mother was my cousin, she told me... She grieved to me, she cried to me about not being able to have children."

"Then how was Ragnarok born?" A blank and frightened expression appeared on Chloe's face.

THANKS FOR READING.
PLEASE DO VOTE AND COMMENT IF YOU LIKE.

END OF SEASON 1

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

253 27 14
She siped on her tea with elegance yet she was feared. She dressed up like a pretty doll yet her sword swinged like lightening. Her eyes mesmerized...
219 15 16
I made a terrible mistake, I let my guard down when I shouldn't have. And that only led me into a trap, his trap. I was a pawn in this wicked game of...
1.2M 58.7K 63
"Look at me properly and try to remember." He implored her, his silvery eyes boring into hers. Maya raised her nervous eyes to meet his. Searching he...
653K 29.7K 42
'Do you know why you are suspended from ceiling krasivaya?' he whispers in my ears and wipes the sweat dripping from my neck due to the trepidation a...