No Strings Attached

By SA-Wolfie

Becca is the star vocalist of an up and coming band, until her lead guitarist quits. She needs a replacement... More

Chapter 1: Damnit
Chapter 2: Maybe
Chapter 3: Selection
Chapter 4: Pro
Chapter 5: Per Chance
Chapter 6: The Past
Chapter 7: The Present
Chapter 8: Clashing
Chapter 9: Friday
Chapter 10: In the Club
Chapter 11: Feelings
Chapter 12: First Gig
Chapter 13; Sunday
Chapter 14: Are you gonna be my girl?
Chapter 15: Hearts and Stars
Chapter 16: Take Me Out
Chapter 17: WhooHooo!
Chapter 18: And then it happened...
Chapter 19: The day after...
Chapter 20: Some things are bound to happen...
Chapter 21: What now?
Chapter 22: Strings and Boundaries
Chapter 24: Firsts
Chapter 25: Exploring Emotions
Interlude

Chapter 23: Solo

1.2K 38 14
By SA-Wolfie

The week flew by with band practice back to back with private practice for Becca. She felt like she was swimming and the waves kept crashing over her. Every one of the bandmates spent some time bouncing ideas around with Becca, but still she felt nowhere near ready.

She simply did not have three originals to play. Choosing the two covers were easy enough, but punching out three original songs in a week's time was definitely overreaching a bit.

"I can't do it." Becca idly swinged back and forth on the wooden seat, before Freen came to stand before her, blocking Becca's movement as she snared the ropes to pull them to a stop. This allowed Becca to intertwine her legs with Freen and hold her close.

"Of course you can! You were made for this..." Freen tried to reassure Becca, tipping her chin upward and placing a chaste kiss on her lips

"If THIS is being a backup singer in an ambient jazz band, then no, that's not me. I wouldn't give up my passion for any amount of cash or fame. I want my band." Becca spoke with her hands as much as she spoke with her voice. She stated her case resolutely.

"Becca, are you sure? This could be your last chance." Freen stared hard at Becca where she still sat on the swing.

"I don't care Freen. I want what I have. My band and I, then we can talk. and I know we can win that Bandslam." Becca stood up rapidly and grabbed Freen along the waist, lifting her playfully up off the ground. Freen giggled and whined in Becca's ear. Becca could feel this goosebumps spread from the spot around her ear.

Once Freen let her go, she set Becca down carefully and stared down into Becca's eyes with a soft smile. There was something in the way Becca looked at her with uncertainty. "I wrote you a song while I was working on my set. Do you want to hear it?"

Freen found her heart beating in her throat. Becca had written her a song as part of her set. Freen felt her insides go gooey at the warthm radiating from the top of her head down to her toes.

"Please. I'd love to hear it." Her eyes and her face grew even softer and filled with admiration. She didn't remove her eyes from Becca once the front man came to sit down on the couch opposite Freen.

"Here goes nothing..." Becca mumbled before starting by tugging the strings. She settled on a calm and catchy tune, strumming whenever the pace picked up slightly.

"She breaks the cliches
Throws my poetry into disarray
Rips apart the social norm
So that she may soundly form

Her own crazy ideas
Even though she fears
So many things for a fragile heart
Sometimes she doesn't know where to start
With her mind running rampant
I can barely fathom it
How fast those wheels can spin

Outside and in
Such an amazing mind
With treasures for me to find
Around every corner
Because she's a reformer
And a rebel and a saint
What a confusing picture to paint

When she's both sweet and oh so sour
And every goddamn fucking hour
I can feel the thoughts rip me apart
Do I want her body or her heart?

I'm so afraid

So intrigued
So confused that
I can't find my feet..."

Becca gave the song a soft strum to end on and looked up to find Freen staring at her, mouth half agape. She moved closer to Becca and gently placed her handa on the tense shoulders.

"If your other two originals sound like that one, then I'd say you've got the cat in the bag." Freen half purred and half whispered in Becca's ear, causing the younger one to shiver lightly.

"Stop that. You know what it does to me!" Becca tried to protest, but Freen just nuzzled further into Becca's neck, loving the natural scent of her...

________________________________________

Friday. Solo night. Becca was sweating. Luckily she decided to wear black so that it's not too obvious, though the aircon also helped. She stood backstage and played air guitar as she tuned into her own songs in her head. There were other acts as well, all vying for that one chance to make it big.

"You'll be fine, sis. And we will be sitting right there with the best view", Richie encouraged his younger sister, but she was still very obviously jumpy due to the nerves.

"Shhh it's okay... You have your begist support right here, Tua." Freen hummed lowly in Becca's ear and it seemed to give her the last bit of courage she needed. She turned around in Freen's arms and looked up at those impossibly dark eyes and those delectable lips that she had missed so much kissing

Becca and Freen had managed to keep their distance from each other during the week during and after practice. Neither of them would admit that it was difficult, but it did help them to put all their efforts into their music, which was sounding great and almost ready for the great Bandslam a week away.

Back in the cocktail club, Becca was busy setting up her semi-acoustic guitar and plugging it into the pedals and amp. She felt brave with the one original song, the one she write for Freen. But it was the song she would start with.

With her melodic sounds that suited the ambience perfectly, and her smooth voice carrying the notes, it seemed like she could do no wrong. She raised her voice to emphasise certain parts that she truly aimed at Freen, such as "Outside and in, Such an amazing mind, With treasures for me to find, Around every corner..."

Becca made sure to make perfect eye contact as she sang, while Freen could feel herself melting into a puddle on the ground. Becca casually rolled into her next song, a smooth transition if there ever was one. It was time to play a cover, and yet still Becca couldn't take her eyes off of Freen.

"I've been waiting for the tides to change, for the waves to send you my way..." Becca started the more upbeat song, though it was still light enough for the establishment. "Cause I'll be there when you finally decide to make it home..." Locking her gaze firmly with Freen's, Becca poured all her soul into the words she sang in the Thai beauty's direction.

"Because when I'm in a room with you, that missing piece is found..." Becca continued playing directly at Freen to the extent that even their friends could cut the tension with a knife. "You know when you're by my side baby, nothing can bring us down..." She eventually slid down the end of the song by Vance Joy and finished it expertly.

After doing a cover, Becca needed to spit out another original. She hadn't practiced her other two songs as well as she did with the first one, but she knew she had to take a whack at it.

"Thought I saw you on the street, Stumbled over what to say. But never did we really meet, Never did you walk my way." The sound of her song was almost sad and definitely melancholic. She didn't mean for it to be that way, but the music steered her in that direction. The low sounds of the melody exuded from her lips with gentle ease..

"Last night I met you in my sleep. In my dreams I touched your face..." Becca's easy melody and rhythm continued when she shifted into the next song. Her eyes would shoot over the crowd now and then to see people quite interested in her performance. She truly felt humbled.

Becca slowly paused and waited for the recorded drums to get their start, then she leaned back into the mic. "Thought I heard your voice today; still sounded all the same. Thought I heard you call my name, But the sound faded away..."

Becca strummed the guitar through its chorus and bridge parts, until she eventually came to a slow stop for the second original

Becca gave her all on the second round, hoping the emotion in her voice would capture the audience. The applause coming for the random tables scattered about was somewhat comforting. Then as she looked over to her friends and had to bite her tongue to not burst out laughing at them.

One more cover and one more original. Almost there, Becca - she reminded herself.

"In dreaming, swaying softly sweetly, hypnotized by the sound of her voice. Enamored, yet so discreetly tripping over words without a choice..." Becca's sound was a bit more rough around her third original, but beautifullu so. It almost sounded like she was growling and exposing the raw emotion in her heart. She still sang directly at Freen.

And paving yellow brick roads that lead to never never land, where one long glance floats above her name written in the sand." Becca let her voice raise in order to show her vocal range, the pain and the hope ringing through the mic.

Once her third original came to pass, Becca felt like a massive weight had been lifted from her shoulders. Practicing cover songs is one thing, but what she did that night was commendable. One more song and she'll be done.

"Closing time..." She started slowly with her final song, replacing the piano keys with picking her guitar. "One last call for alcohol, so finish your whisky, your beer." Becca put a bit of sway in her movement on the tall chair she had been seated in all night.

"I know who I want to take me home..." Becca hit the chorus and sang again aimed straight at Freen. The message was almost ambiguous, Freen not sure whether Becca was just singing or whether she was trying to tell Freen something.

"Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end." Becca eased into the final line of the song, letting her voice sooth the audience as her guitar slowly came to a silent vibration.

Her friends all jumped up and started cheering at their table. Becca tried to colm them down due to the proper setup of the cocktail bar. They calmed down but still hugged and slapped her on the shoulder once she approached them.

After all the congratulations, Becca was done and just wanted to go home. It wasn't as much as the physical exhaustion that caught her but rather the mental exhaustion. Her friends did not wish to pull her out of her zone and decided they would get together perhaps the next evening, which was a Saturday.

Only Freen remained behind to help Becca pack her things in her car, and then the two were off with the knowledge that the suit would contact her sometime soon to let her know whether she was successful or not.

"Sleepy kitty?" Freen asked curiously as she looked over to Becky beside her. She was wrapped up in a fluffy blanket and leaning her head against the window. Freen soon realised Becca was fast asleep. The Bangkok traffic didn't help either. Freen managed to rummage through her bag at a red light and promptly covered Becca with said blanket.

"Baby..." Freen gently shook on Becca's shoulder to try and rouse her. "Tua, it's time to go inside. At the warmth of Freen's voice, Becca finally untangled herself from the safety belt so that she could get inside and eat before passing out again.

Once she woke up the next morning, she looked around the unfamiliar room with blinking eyes. She was definitely not sure where she was.

What had she done the previous evening? She was exhausted, but not that drunk. She moved her aching body slightly and studied the room. She was alone in bed but she could notice by the imprint in the mattress that she hasn't slept alone.

Once Freen entered the room with two cups of coffee and wearing nothing bit a white button up, Becca swallowed hard. "Thank you for the coffee..." Becca squeaked out as Freen places the cup on Becca's nightstand.

Becca quickly checked her own clothes a s felt better when she still found herself in her jeans and tank top, only her black button up hanging from the back of a chair some foot away.

"Morning, rockstar." Freen grinned at her and took a sip from her own coffee. "You were so exhausted last night, it was like you were drunk. I brought you back to my place to just sleep it off. Besides, I think your brother and Irin could use the house for a change."

"Oh god please don't..." Becca groaned at the thought of her brother and best friend getting it on. Things grow silent for a moment as Freen snuck back into bed next to Becca, leaning her back against the headboard. " So how do you feel after last night?"

Becca raised her brows while furrowing them at the same time. Freen laughed at Becca's confusion and quickly explained. "Your gig, I mean. How do you feel it went?"

Rebecca raised her head in realisation. "Oh. Right. I really enjoyed it. It was intimidating as hell, but it was good. How did it sound?"

Freen placed her cup on her nightstand and leaned closely over to Becca to give her a kiss on the cheek. "You were amazing. If they don't come back for you it would be their loss."

"I don't...won't leave the band, Freen. The band is my family and you don't abandon family." Becca shook her head lightly, while at the same time giving Freen a puppy dog look. She was so scared of losing Freen to her orchestral music.

"One step at a time." Freen lifted her hand to push some stray strands of hair behind Becca's ear. "All of this will work out the way it is supposed to."

Becca smiled dreamily up at Freen. She could not believe that this comforting, beautiful angel was standing before her with nothing but a dress shirt, her olive skin stretching from beneath. Becca had to gulp and rub her legs together at the unexpected effect the vision of Freen was having on her.

"Thank you so much. For all the support, for all the encouragement and for all the help. I could not have done this without you." Becca beckoned for Freen to lean closer before grabbing Freen's shirt at the front and tugging her closer.

Freen immediately responded by landing her soft lips firmly on Becca's. Becca's grip slipped around Freen and pulled her even further, prompting the taller beauty to situate herself in Freen's lap. Becca watched Freen's dark eyes closely, sure that her own were mirroring their depth. Soon Becca combed her fingers through Freen's raven hair, then as soon as the latter tilted her head back, Becca had her warm mouth latched onto Freen's neck.

Freen gave a low moan as Becca's lips and teeth explored the expanse of sensitive skin from Freen's ear, down to her neck and over her collarbone. Two trembling fingers came to rest on the top button of Freen's shirt. Becca wanted to say something, but the words seemed to elude her as her fingertips slowly pushed the open collar of Freen's shirt.

Becca leaned forward and slowly inhaled Freen's scent. It was immaculate. It was the perfect mixture of tulips and fresh ocean air. It made Becca feel drunk. All she could do was to nudge her nose into Freen's neck, searching for more.

Freen groaned lightly as she tipped her head back again, her dark eyes slowly closing at the pleasure of Becca's mouth on her neck and just above where the fabric of her shirt started to slip down. When she felt Becca's tongue slide along the same sensitive skin, Freen could clearly feel the heat pooling between her thighs.

Freen was so ready for Becca...
________________________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

423K 15.9K 58
BOOK 1️⃣ "you'll be falling in love. With me. You're hating me too much, perhaps, im the love of your life." "Dont! Dont do it. Im trying my best to...
Scratch By Wolfie

Fanfiction

296K 9.8K 53
Freen is a serious badass femme fatale who's given up on love. That is until Becky forcefully pops into her life. However, with her own skeletons, wi...
382K 13.5K 100
During a night out, Freen, the daughter and heir of a conglomerate awakens a part of herself when she locks eyes with a young physics professor, Beck...
109K 3.5K 22
Becky, a last year college student who fall for a professor, Freen Sarocha. Their journey is going to unfold with time. Many obstacle or difficulty m...