๐—”๐—š๐—ข๐—ฅ๐—” ๐—›๐—œ๐—Ÿ๐—Ÿ๐—ฆ โžต ๐—‡๐—‚๏ฟฝ...

By -alsephina

- อ€ฬ—โ™ก โœŽ ๐˜พ๐™–๐™ช๐™จ๐™š ๐™ก๐™ค๐™ซ๐™š ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™—๐™ช๐™ฉ ๐™„ ๐™ฃ๐™š๐™š๐™™ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™ž๐™จ ๐™จ๐™๐™ž๐™ฉ. ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ -- Park... More

0.
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12. ENDING
ALTERNATE ENDING
HOLIDAY SPECIAL!
NEW YEAR SPECIAL

6.5

2.1K 127 21
By -alsephina

Park Min-Ji had left the Surveillance room, she patted Yoon-Seo's back in a sense of comfort. She can hear the girl's son right outside the room, she halted on her steps before looking back, making an eye contact with Jin Da-Bum who only nodded at her before staring at what Jung-Won was doing. She wonders if the girl would actually restore a file, a footage that will show the identity of each Mafia members.

They would be in deep danger if Jung-Won sided with Yoon-Seo, just to prove the girl is innocent.

Min-Ji went her merry way to the Café, she need to ask Kyung-Jun why did he did that. They just left the room without even sparing her a glance, she was conflicted at the feeling that arises inside of her. Then there's a thought that come across her mind earlier, biting her lips as she stops in her tracks. Fumbling with her fingers and putting a hand on the wall, she was frustrated at the thought that suddenly evade her mind.

Would Kyung-Jun vote for her?

If the guy knew that she was lying and manipulating them, what would his reaction be? She already know that Kyung-Jun would feel betrayed, as per So-Mi's wordings, they were betrayed by someone they're closed with. She can't imagine the look on his face, she already felt like crying at the thought of it. Pulling herself together, she can't act weak right now. She already cried enough for the past few days. And nobody would really accused her, she is a great actress. Nobody even thought that she might be a Mafia and that she was pretending not to be, acting innocent and always defending her friends.

Continuing her way, she speed walk to the Café. She was already thinking of what she'll about to say when her phone suddenly beep, a notification from the Mafia app. There'll be no other notification than this app, sinxe there was no signal in the place and the WI-FI doesn't even work. Opening her phone and reading what Jung-Won had stated:

[I'll restore the file by 11p.m. Let's vote then.]

She knew that the girl was just stalling time for Yoon-Seo not to be voted out by the others. Jung-Won must be feeling pressured and anxious, because it is clear as the sky that Yoon-Seo's life is on her hands, if she manage to actually restore the footage then they'll know who went into Ji-Soo's and Yoo-Joon's room, finding out a member of the Mafia. Though, even if the files wouldn't be restored, someone would take notice of So-Mi's behaviour, they would eventually accuse her of being a Mafia once again, the dame accusation that Baek Eun-Ha and Choi Mi-Na accused her of.

Finally seeing the familiar orange exterior of the Café, she saw the other students were crowding on a table from the window. Her eyes then caught sight of Kyung-Jun's back. A sigh left her lips, clenching her hands in a fist before storming towards the Café. Pushing the door open, it hit the wall hard, making a loud noise as well as the bell on top of it, ringing that someone just entered. All eyes were on her, even Kyung-Jun look up to see who it was and a scoff was then plastered on his face.

They stop doing what they were doing, Jin-Ha was stuffing noodles in his mouth but stop when he saw her and he eyed their leader, Yeon-Woo and Eun-Chan was opening the corndog while talking to themselves had their hands froze, Yoo-Joon on the other hand just glance at her before grabbing his phone and walking out of the Café, bumping her on his way. The girl watch as Yoo-Joon took a turn and disappeared in her field of vision.

Everyone eyed herz wondering what she's gonna do. They already witness the 'sexual tension' that she and Kyung-Jun had yesterday. Gawking at her like an eagle, she brush their gazes on her and stand in front of Kyung-Jun. The male saw her white shoes and trail his eyes up on her face, tilting his head to the side as he stares at her. Min-Ji stared back, huffing as she then tore her gaze.

"Can we talk?" Seconds later, Kyung-Jun stands up. Min-Ji back off a little at the sudden action and their bodies were so close to the point Min-Ji could feel Kyung-Jun breathing on top of her head. Backing off a little before grabbing his wrist and drag him out of the Café. The others shared a look amongst them, already assuming of the two's relationship from the way they were acting. And it didn't escape Min-Ji's ears the words that left Shin Seung-Bin's mouth.

"Damn, are they gonna fuck?"

. . .

"What do you wanna talk about?" Kyung-Jun scratch his head, obviously not in the mood and was feeling lazy. He was eyeing her tiredly, a hand on his head and since he wasn't wearing his jacket, Min-Ji could see how his biceps were flexing. She shook her head from the sudden thought. "Why'd you do that?" Her brows furrow at him, a hand on her hips as she look up. The height difference hurt her neck.

"Why'd you voted for Yoon-Seo?"

"Then why did you defended her?"

Kyung-Jun's question caught her off guard, she huff a sigh and roll her eyes. "She's my friend of course. And it's true, she isn't a Mafia." I am. Those words would cost her her life if she were to say it out loud. Kyung-Jun scoff at her. "Lee Yoon-Seo loves crime fiction books, right?" Her brow quirk at his question, wondering why is he bringing it up right now.

"Isn't Crime fiction had those murder scenes, where the assailant show how to conceive and hide themselves, where they gain the others' trust?" And now she was getting it, he's using Yoon-Seo's love for Crime and Thriller fiction as a reason for being a Mafia. "I mean, yeah she doesn't seem to do those gore stuff but.. like what you've said earlier that "People would do anything in this situation" if it means of surviving." Air quoting her words from this morning, adding something. Her own words goes against her right now.

"Yeah but.. how can she delete those files in the first place? She didn't bring a laptop and she isn't a techy stuff." Min-Ji tried to reason out, then a question flash in her mind. She look at Kyung-Jun, something redlecting in her eyes that Kyung-Jun couldn't read nor had a good feeling about it. "Will you accuse me of being a Mafia too?" The man had his eyes widen at her words, he saw how her face turned blank and her eyes void of any emotions.

"Would you vote for me if the others says so?" Her voice quiver, she already expect that something like that would happen but she doesn't know when and how it would happen. "I.." Kyung-Jun was lost for words, he didn't expect her to say that. "You're not a Mafia, right?" Clearing his throat, Kyung-Jun ask that. He want to make sure that she can be trusted, and that he could make her feel safe. He eyed her, waiting for her to deny and to tell him that she's a Civilian.

"Yeah, I'm not."

Those words are the only thing he wanted to hear. It gives him assurance that Min-Ji wouldn't betray him. He then approach her and qrap his arms around her, he could feel her arms on his back, hugging him as tightly as he was holding her. Kyung-Jun was afraid of losing Park Min-Ji, he was aware of the feelings that was growing inside of him for the past months. They've been classmates ever since Min-Ji showed up in their classroom on the second week of school, he remembers how annoyed she was and how cocky she stood in front. Kyung-Jun had love her ever since.

Min-Ji was crying on the inside, she just lied to him once again. She couldn't count how many times she had lied for the span of two or three days. It's obviously not the average number of lies people could say in a day, she knew that fact. All she could do right now was hold Kyung-Jun, she doesn't know how long she could keep him alive from this game. How long she could protect him from the others. She already know that Jin Da-Bum and Kim So-Mi would vote for him to be executed later this evening when they held their daily Mafia Meeting. She had to think a reason to keep him breathing and out of their noses. That's the only thing she could do for him, after lying for him.

"I'm glad." She heard him whisper in her ears, she buried her face in his chest as she let out a shaky sigh. Min-Ji was feeling guilty and she feels like she's a bad person for lying. She was deceiving not just Kyung-Jun but herself too. Trying so hard to make herself feel and think that she's innocent but when in reality, she wasn't.

"I'll protect you no matter what." Kyung-Jun let her go, grabbing the side of her face and planting a soft kiss on her forehead. She feels like she wanted to burst then and there, she couldn't handle the guilt. How she wanted to slap herself and admit that she's not innocent like how the man she loves think she is, how she want to confess that she's a Mafia and was a part of killing Park Ji-Soo.

"I.. I can't! I'm sorry Ko Kyung-Jun but I'm not innocent as you think I am, I was assigned as a Mafia and I didn't even know why! I wanted it to stop. If.. If I could change my occupation, if they given me the chance then I would take it without doubt nor a second thought. I can't stand to lie any further, I don't want to deceive and manipulate everyone else, letting them think I'm a Civilian." She cried out, clunching's Kyung-Jun's shirt as the man just stare at her in shock. Betrayal was evident in his eyes as he watch her cry and cry, her wails ringing in his head. The guilt and the pressure on her slowly lifted but she can't bring herself to look at him in the eyes. "My hands are already stained with blood." She choke out, she was expecting him to yell at her, to say that she hurt him but there was none.

"Min-Ji." Her eyes blur and she saw Kyung-Jun staring at her, she was confuse why he had the look on his face until he wipe something on her eyes. She was crying. "Are you okay?" Kyung-Jun look at her in worry, she suddenly stop talking a second ago and was tearing up, he wonders why. "Y.. yeah." She manage to choke out. Lowering her head, it was just her imagination. Of course, she doesn't have to guts to tell that to him.

She couldn't bare the look that Kyung-Jun would give her if he would know her alter ego at night.

"I'm not gonna let you die." Kyung-Jun muttered before the two of them left, her deceitful aura following them, leavimg the conversation they had about Yoon-Seo behind. Min-Ji can't help but to look back, her eyes widen when she saw a female's figure, dress in the same uniform as theirs. She was drench from head to toe, but the thing that Min-Ji remembered is the look of the person's eyes. Min-Ji gulp as she let herself be drag away by Kyung-Jun, they finally entered back to the Youth Center.

She doesn't know why the ghost was looking at her with sadness in its eyes.

. . .

[I think we can restore the security camera footage on the third floor.]

At Jung-Won's words, everyone had gathered around in the Surveillance room. They watch as the techy girl was typing on her laptop, various words and numbers on different colors flash on her laptop, Min-Ji couldn't understand a thing that she was doing. It was a suspense when Jung-Won was typing the last thing she needs and gasp resonated through everyone when the blocky computers lit up, showing the footage of last night.

"The footage from yesterday is restored. All we should do is check who entered Ji-Soo's and Yoo-Joon's room." Jung-Won stated, looking behind them. Yoon-Seo cried on Jun-Hee's chest, as she was relief and the pressure on her chest was lifted. "Where is it?" Peak Mi-Na, looking at the screen.

"It's glitching." The screens then continue to glitch, Min-Ji eyed Jung-Won and was relieved that the girl didn't plan on sticking forever with Yoon-Seo, she did restored it but she obviously did something with the files. "What's this?" Yoon-Seo remove herself from Jun-Hee, grabbing Jung-Won's shoulder as they watch the screen.

Then suddenly, the CPU case chipped in, sparks was visible at it and Kyung-Jun grab Min-Ji's hand, pulling her away from it as she was the closest. "It's dangerous." Someone said, looking at the sparking case. Then, seconds later it was consumed by smoke and then after by fire. Girls squealed at the scene and back away. "Move over." Jun-Hee rushed behind Min-Ji and grab a fire extinguisher next to the door, he then quickly squeeze the handle and extinguishing agent was released in its mouth, consuming the smoking CPU case.

After they had extinguished the fire, everyone calmed down. Yoon-Seo was confuse in obviously in a panic on what happened. Her friend stand next to her, comforting the girl, Jung-Won stared at Min-Ji and the latter nodded, knowing that she must have done something to the case to cause the fire. Kyung-Jun walk closer to the case, crouching down as the others were behind him, watching as he tap the side a few times before an unamuse laugh left his mouth and a smirk forming in his face.

"Were you fucking trying to burn all of us to death?" He ask, the accused girl was exhausted alresdy from all of their accusations at her. "It really wasn't me." She choke out a sob, trying to hold back the tears. Kim So-Mi stared at her obviously annoyed at the girl was about to walk away but was stopped when someone pointed towards the compute behind Jung-Won.

"Hey, what's that?" Eun-Chan spoke, staring at the working Computer. "Is that real?" It was a live footage at the swimming pool area, it then glitch and there was a woman standing on the side, the same girl that Min-Ji saw wearing their uniform. "I think there really is a ghost." Na-Hee stated, confirming what Heo-Yool was saying on the first night even though he was just joking and pranking them that time, but it was real.

Yoon-Seo stared at the screen and then she grab something tuck in her skirt, it was a crumpled picture and the girl straightening it before giving it to Min-Ji, pointing at a girl, everyone's face was blur except for the girl who was looking down. "Look at this. She's the ghost in the footage. I think there really is something ogher than us.'' Kyung-Jun pushes Hyun-Ho who was behind Min-Ji and stared at the picture that the girl was holding, the athlete stared at the man and let it pass. "The ghost must have to do something with the Mafia Game." She then pointed at the screen, the girl was flickering, appearing and disappearing back and forth.

"Stop with your nonsense." Min-Ji stared and saa Kyung-Jun was staring at Yoon-Seo. "It's a fake video you guys made anyway." He pointed out but Jung-Won stopped him, making them look at the time code. "You idiot. Look at the time code. It's filming in real time."

"Then.. will you play the game that kills people as they say? What if you win? Do you think we can survive and get out of here? Do you still think you can even after seeing how others died? Get a grip. We should find out who made us play the game." Yoon-Seo questioned them, question after the other. Min-Ji look down at the picture, her heart clench seeing the girl, she looks extremely familiar but she can't point it out. Yes, it is the ghost she saw but there's something more. "If we only find the relation between the ghost and the Mafia Game, we might be able to get out here for real." Others digested the information that Yoon-Seo had feed them, they can see the poitn the girl is trying to say.

Jun-Hee step out behind Kyung-Jun and approaches Yoon-Seo, the three of them including Jung-Won stared at everyone, clearing his throat he began to speak. "Yoon-Seo's right, once we know why we're playing this game, then we can find a way for us to leave this place unscathed." Nodding her head in agreement, Min-Ji approach Yoon-Seo and grab her hand, placing back the class picture on Yoon-Seo's palm and smiling at her. "I believe you." She whispered and back away to Kyung-Jun, the boy stared at her then at Yoon-Seo. "Let's look at the Swimming pool area to find the ghost." Hyun-Ho suggested and everyone agreed, they then rush off the door one by one to go where they saw the ghost, Hyun-Ho and Jun-Hee taking the lead of them all.

Min-Ji was at the back, deep in her thoughts. She was thinking about the ghost, wondering why was she showing herself to her and to Yoon-Seo, she already got the idea that Yoon-Seo already encountered with her in the first place. A sigh left her lips, she wonders who'll be the one they'll vote for this night, another one's gonna be gone. Another one less in the Civilians. Surely.

Once everyone arrived at the area, they just stood there and let Hyun-Ho, Jun-Hee, Yoon-Seo and Jung-Won searched. Min-Ji was planning to help but was stopped by Kyung-Jun, putting an arm out on her way, the girl just sighed and watch the others.

"Hey, it's almost midnight. Will you not vote?" Kyung-Jun ask, stepping out for the group. The four stopped in front of them. "How about we vote in a different way?" Many voice out in their displeasure, they were already traumatized on what happened at the Assembly Hall to the point they didn't even step foot in it.

"Jun-Hee, we don't have time right now." Hyun-Ho placed a hand on Jun-Hee's shoulder. "How can we do it differently?" Na-Hee voice out, the athlete looking at her. "You almost killed us all. What nonsense are you saying now?" Seung-Bin agreed on Kyung-Jun, calling out how stupid Jun-Hee was. "We almost died because we listened to you." Min-Ji put a hand on Kyung-Jun's wrist, a silent signal asking him to stop.

"We can listen to him first before we decide." Jung-Won came in Jun-Hee's defense, everyone nodded and let their President talk. "Out of 15 votes, Yoon-Seo received 4. You die when the majority votes for you. Otherwise, you won't die. We can divide the remaining votes so that she isn't voted hy ghe Majority." Jung-Won stared mindless at her front. "So you want to make another person receive four votes like Yoon-Seo to make it a tie." The President nodded at Jung-Won's words. "Yes. That way, all of us will vote without abstaining." It makes sense, they could actually get away with it with no one dying.

"And the other will scatter their votes?" Jun-Hee stared at Min-Ji and nodded at her. "But who will become the one to receive the same number of votes?" So-Mi ask, looking around and everyone look away. They don't want to risk it once again, the last time they did it, it cost the life of their friends. "Vote for me." All Jun-Hee said, and everyone grab their phone.

Min-Ji clicked Hyun-Ho's profile and click on voting for him, the vote was then announce on the speaker. She didn't know who voted who, but everyone was tapping on their screen. Her eyes staring at the voting results, Kim Jun-Hee had already gotten 4 votes while the others scatter their votes. Voting for their friend and receiving a vote from them. She felt a hand on her wrist and saw Kyung-Jun, the both of them didn't know what would happen later on. She eyed her phone, watching as the time hit 12:00 O'clock.

"Voting is over."

"It worked!" Yeon-Woo announced, exclaiming in joy as he stared at his phone screen. "Are you sure?" Not being pessimistic, Min-Ji tried to confirm but the boy was just ecstatic and overjoyed. And then everyone started to cheer, relief washing over them as they watch the clock hit 12:01, but there's still no announcement. Yoon-Seo hugged Jung-Won and cried, she was relief and happy.

Kyung-Jun tug Min-Ji's hands and was about to go out but then, the cry of joy and the celebration of the others were cut off when the speaker blare with the same tune. Min-Ji stared at her phone, watching as then announcement flash.

"As Lee Yoon-Seo and Kim Jun-Hee received the same number of votes, there will be a second round of voting for the two for 5 minutes. Only those who didn't vote for either of them in the first round will vote again. If they're tied again, everyone will be executed." Min-Ji took notice the emphasis on how everyone would be executed if there will be another tie. Then suddenly, red and blue flash in the area, everyone panic as Min-Ji felt Kyung-Jun let her hands go.

"I knew it. Let's just vote for that scumbag and end this." Min-Ji grab Kyung-Jun by his shoulder and try to pull him back. "What? Are you still on his side?" He gritted his teeth at her, he couldn't find it in himself to raise his voice at her. "Who's going to vote for them? Me, Yeon-Woo, Mi-Na, So-Mi, Min-Ji, Hyun-Ho, Da-Bum and who else?!" Eun-Chan exclaim, feeling panic as the timer already hit one minute. "The class President. He voted for Jung-Won." Da-Bum said, their eyes widening at his words.

"It means Yoon-Seo received one less vote already." Min-Ji pushes Jin-Ha, she was already having a panic attack but she inhaled harshly. "We don't know who are we going to vote for!" It was the first time that she had yelled. She doesn't know what to do, she grit her teeth and clench her palm.

"What do we do?"

"Who should we vote for?!"

"Kim So-Mi voted for Lee Yoon-Seo."

Jung-Won stared at the mentioned girl, her eyes had a hint of anger. They watch as the Vice president approaches So-Mi and grabbed the picture in her hands. "It was strange when she talked about the ghost and dragged us into this. We were going to vote for Yoon-Seo. Hurry up!" She yelled, ripping the class picture apart. Jung-Won pushes So-Mi, she was nervous. "This is not right! Don't vote for her." The calm and reserved Oh Jung-Won finally crack, she can't lose her friend.

"It's me." Min-Ji's eyes snap at Jun-Hee, she approaches him, grabbing his shoulder and shaking him. "I'm a Mafia. So vote for me." Jun-Hee grab Min-Ji's hands and push it, making her stumble on her feet and Kyung-Jun hold her waist. Yoon-Seo look at Jun-Hee, he was clearly lying.

"Are you crazy?!" Yoon-Seo shouted at him, she was about to cry looking at him. "I told you to hand in your phones so you can't vote. I was the one who deleted the security camera footage." Hyun-Ho step out, grabbing Jun-Hee's arms and staring at the boy's eyes but the latter didn't meet his gaze.

"You're lying. I know you aren't the Mafia!" He shouted but Jun-Hee just pushed him, tired from everything. "I'm sorry. I did it because I wanted to survive." Kyung-Jun grabbed Min-Ji's phone, clicking on Jun-Hee's profile. He knows that he can't vote for someone in another's phone and that's why he grab Min-Ji's trembling hands and let her hold her phone.

"Vote. Please." Nodding as a sob left her lips. Jun-Hee stared at Min-Ji, he was glad that she was finally going back to her care free self with Ko Kyung-Jun. He treated her like a sister even after knowing that she was a distant relative, they didn't really know it but destiny had it's own phase. They became friends because Yoon-Seo introduced themselves, remembering how they would talk about Yoon-Seo's favourite thriller books and how they plan for one another's birthday. Kim Jun-Hee is contented with Park Min-Ji.

Kyung-Jun grab Min-Ji's hands and pull her, the girl let herself be drag as she wiped away the tears. Jung-Won was surely feeling guilt right now, she wants both Jun-Hee and Yoon-Seo to survive even though she was a Mafia herself but she couldn't stop it from happening.

Ending sure is inevitable.

♡︎༄,'; ALSEPHINA'S NOTE:

AGORA HILLS! I thought that this chapter would be short but.. damn, 4k words. Episode 6 is done. Only 6 more episodes to write! 5-7 chapters more!

Comment and Vote! Mwa!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8K 375 12
โส™แดœแด› ษช สœแด€แด แด‡ แด›แด sแด€ส,สแดแดœ'ส€แด‡ ษขส€แด‡แด€แด› แดกษชแด›สœ แด›สœแด‡ ส€ษชา“า“สŸแด‡...ส™แด‡แด›แด›แด‡ส€ แด›สœแด€ษด sแดสแด‡แดษด,ส™แดส€แด€ แด€ษดแด… ษดแด€ส€แด€โž Do Soo-Cheol ร— OC Salvation AU|| Started: 30/04/23 Ended: 18/08/23
19.8K 978 11
แดแด€า“ษชแด€โ”โ” ๐™„๐™‰ ๐™’๐™ƒ๐™„๐˜พ๐™ƒ Cha So-yeon didn't expect a game of Mafia to ruin her and her classmates' lives as they encountered betrayal and heartbreaks...
1M 35.4K 62
๐’๐“๐€๐‘๐†๐ˆ๐‘๐‹ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โi just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!โž ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
350K 12.8K 60
๐—œ๐—ก ๐—ช๐—›๐—œ๐—–๐—› noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in ๐——๐—˜๐—–๐—”๐——๐—˜๐—ฆ OR ๐—œ๐—ก ๐—ช๐—›๐—œ๐—–๐—› noura denoire and charle...