rise | fred weasley

By FifiJXo

sophia malfoy has never subscribed to the beliefs of her family, and she is not afraid to state this. but as... More

prologue
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty one
chapter twenty two
chapter twenty three
chapter twenty four

chapter four

69 4 3
By FifiJXo

The Philosophers stone. Apparently it turned any metal into gold or something dumb like that, and they had no idea why it was in a school.

They went to talk to Hagrid, surely he'd tell them something.

Hagrid revealed that the dog belonged to him, and that it was called Fluffy. He also told them that there were many stages of protection charms around the stone, so no one would be able to reach it. He'd then told them to go back to lessons and not tell anyone what he'd 'accidentally' revealed.

They spent weeks trying to figure out the truth but nothing came to mind, and before long, they were revising for their end of year exams. Well, Hermione revised and chastised the others for not revising.

But, then it hit them, Snapes injury, him threatening Quirrell. If all made sense. Snape was trying to steal the stone. And they had to stop him, but who could they talk to?
Dumbledore. They rushed to find McGonagall, they'd know where he was.

"We need to speak to Professor Dumbledore!" Harry had practically shouted,

"And why would that be?" McGonagall questioned,

"We think someone is going to steal the Philosophers stone!" Harry continued, McGonagalls eyes widened in shock as she dismissed them and told them Dumbledore had left on business.

"It's down to us then" Harry sighed, and so they made the plan, they were going to get the stone themselves, tonight.

They all wore jumpers and jeans to go, not wanting to be hindered by uniforms, they'd hide under the invisibility cloak as long as they could. The letter telling Dumbledore their plan was sent, now all they had to do was complete their task and not get caught, easy.

It took stunning Neville to get out of the common room,

When they reached Fluffy, he was already asleep. They jumped through the hatch just as he woke up,

The devils snare didn't phase them for long, Hermione had momentarily forgotten she was a witch but other than that, it was fine.

They had to make it through several tasks. Harry took the keys. Ron the chess. Hermione the potions. It was only Sophia and Harry now, Ron was injured during chess and Hermione had gone back to look after him.

They came into an empty room, as they entered it began to contract, screams echoed and the walls began to show people laughing. Fear consumed them, then Sophia remembered. Her father had taught her about this,

"There is a shrinking room at Hogwarts. Perfect for disposing of enemies in, Salazar Slytherin created it. There is only one way to escape it. The incantation 'Exferito Lemolum' that will cause the room to revert back to normal until the next person enters"

Smiling Sophia screamed the incantation into the air, and the room grew in size, Harry adjusted his glasses before smiling, Sophia cast a glance back. She couldn't leave Ron and Hermione but she couldn't...

"You go back with them, I know the spell now. Besides, Hermione can't carry Ron alone" smiling slightly she threw her arms around Harry's neck and hugged him,

"You can do this Harry. You're a great wizard" and with that she returned to help her friends, finding it lucky she remembered which potion was safe to drink.

As her and Hermione helped Ron out the maze of traps, they ran into Dumbledore, who assured them he'd take care of Harry and also apparated them, somehow, to the Hospital Wing.

Turned out, Voldemort had been living on the back of Quirells head and it wasn't Snape to blame. It took a good week for Harry to get out the Hospital Wing, but when he did they were all treated to a marvellous end of term feast.

Slytherin had won the house cup, Sophia hated seeing the smug look on her older brother and sister's faces.

Then, Dumbledore spoke.

"I have some extra points to award. For the most outstanding demonstration of knowledge, I award fifty points to Hermione Granger. For the best played game of chess I have ever seen, I award fifty points to Ronald Weasley. For the best demonstration of using every part of who you are in order to achieve your goals, I award fifty points to Sophia Malfoy. And for a demonstration of pure bravery, I award fifty points to Harry Potter" they were now tieing with Slytherin, the whole hall was clapping, "and finally, for showing true courage, I award ten points to Neville Longbottom" they'd done it, they'd won. Cheers erupted from the Gryffindor table and the rest of the houses, bar Slytherin. The banners hanging around the hall changed from displaying a serpent to displaying a lion. Sophia smiled broadly, right now, everything was perfect. She wanted to enjoy it whilst she could, because soon she'd back at home, and have to face the wrath of her father for her actions that year.

Summer came too quickly, Sophia had hugged all her friends goodbye, as much as she didn't want to. She'd much rather be staying with them.

"You're in for it now Soph" Draco sneered as they approached their parents, a cordial greeting was provided from her father but she could see the anger in his eyes. Her mother had hugged her, but still seemed distant. Roxie looked at her sorrowful, Sophia had barely spoken to her sister that year, she'd barely seen her either. She had no idea where Roxie went all year but she intended to make sure they spent more time together the following school year.

It wasn't long before they arrived back at the manor, Celestia flicked her hair in Sophia's face before walking up to her room. Sophia rolled her eyes and went to go to hers but was stopped,

"Not so fast young lady, you're in deep trouble. Come with me" her father snapped, she rolled her eyes and followed him off down the corridor, at least her being an extreme disappointment took his mind of what he viewed as Roxie's missteps.

They reached the punishment room and she didn't think anything of it, locked in a room for a couple of days. That was fine. Sighing, she walked down the stairs. What started as a light prick on her back turned into a searing pain like she'd never experienced before, screams echoed around the room. Blood curdling screams. The words her father had shouted were 'crucio'. She didn't know that spell, but she didn't like it. Fifteen minutes later, the pain ended. It took her falling asleep and waking up for her mother to come and retrieve her and take her to her room.

That became the new punishment. Whenever she acted up,  'crucio'. She became used to it. Her parents got fed up with her halfway through the summer, so they sent her to her aunts house so she could learn what would happen if she 'continued on a self destructive path'.

"What did you do?" Andromeda asked, smiling as she hugged her close.

"Stated my opinion" she answered, her aunt laughed slightly, cupping her face.

"Typical" Ted joked. Sophia turned to look at her uncle and let out a laugh.

"There's the little dragon smuggler!" Dora smirked and walked into the room, Sophia's smile grew and she ran to hug her cousin.

"Dragon smuggler?" Andromeda questioned, laughing slightly.

"We smuggled a dragon to Charlie and Dora" she answered,

"Who is we little Missy?"

"Me, Harry and Hermione"

The week with her uncle, aunt and cousin was amazing. She didn't know why her parents thought it would set her back on the 'right' path. All it did, was solidify that she could be happy if she continued as she was.

Sophia was also sent to her grandparents for a part of the summer, her grandparents were both supremacists but her grandfather had a soft spot for her.

"There she is, the little trouble maker" her grandfather smiled slightly, she rushed to hug him.

"Do not encourage her Cygnus, she will only act out more" her grandmother sighed approaching,

"You were sorted into Gryffindor..." she looked down slightly, "and you've been befriending blood traitors and mudbloods, how unfortunate..." there was a hint of a smile on his lips, and she knew why. Andromeda had befriended those people too, and according to her mother, Andromeda was the favourite child.

"Such a disappointment" her grandmother planted herself on the sofa,

"You can't behave like that Sophia, you'll get yourself disowned" her grandfather chastised, she looked down, "although, that may be what you want..." he smiled slightly,

"Do not encourage her Cygnus! She isn't Andromeda!" Her grandfather glared over at her grandmother,

"Druella, know your place. Do not speak to me about Andromeda" Sophia didn't know how she felt about the situation in front of her,  her grandmother stood up and stormed out the room, her grandfather invited her to sit next to him, "Sophia, why did you take this path?" He asked,

"Because father is stupid and told me to do stuff, so I did the opposite. Plus, I have a brain. I can tell being a Pureblood doesn't make you any better" he chuckled ever so slightly,

"The first part I agree with, your father is an idiot" she laughed,

She spent a few days with her grandparents, then the topic of her father's punishments had come up, and her grandfather didn't like it. So much so, he'd taken her hand and taken her to confront her father,

They reached her house and her grandfather screamed,

"LUCIUS!" Her father had walked down the stairs, looking almost scared, she'd never seen him like that before.

"Cygnus..." he started, her mother then rushed down the stairs too,

"Father..."

"Would you care to explain why your husband has treated my grandchildren in such a cruel way?" Her grandfather still held onto her hand,

"Father I...." Her mother started, her grandfather turned his glare onto her father,

"Lucius?"

"She acts out in ways which disgrace both the Malfoy and Black name..." her grandfather didn't seem to care,

Her grandfather told her to leave and that he'd meet her back the house, she didn't know what happened next.

She spent another few days at her grandparents, then the incident happened,

"Sophia, please take this to your grandfather" Her grandmother handed her a cup of tea, she nodded and walked off.

"Why thank you darling" he smiled, but after he drank it, he began seizing and then he was gone.

Sophia had watched shocked, her grandmother walked in and her eyes widened, but some part of her looked like she expected it.

Days later, her entire family was at the manor. And her grandmother had fallen down the stairs, dying instantly.

The funeral's were held so close together Sophia didn't know how she was supposed to feel.

The summer went by slowly and she attempted to protect Roxie and Leo the best she could,

Their trip to Diagon Alley was something she had been looking forward to, because she knew her friends were going too.

"Come along Sophia!" Her father snapped, Celestia, Draco, Sophia and Leo were being forced to attend the trip to Borgin and Burke's. Roxie had been left at home because apparently, she was too skittish and fearful. Leo held onto Sophia's hand and hid in her shoulder.

Bored, Sophia looked around the room and came across a cabinet, where green eyes stared back at her. Harry.

"Sophia! Stop it!" Her father shouted, "Celestia you were supposed to be minding her, making sure she doesn't act out!" Sophia rolled her eyes and felt Celestia grab her arm.

Her brother began complaining about Hermione's test scores which caused her to smile,

"Ah yes, my best friend the genius" this earned her a glare from her sister, brother and father, Leo looked up at her terrified.

"Sophia! I suggest you do not embarrass me with your blood traitor ideals in front of Mr Borgin, I am sorry.... She is going through a rough patch" her father sighed,

"As many young ones do" Borgin replied, Sophia rolled her eyes. Rough patch. A rough patch she'd been going through her entire life.

Sophia needed to help Harry, she knew that. She lied to her father saying she wanted to look around more, her siblings and father left her alone.

"You can come out now Harry" Sophia smiled, Harry opened the doors and they hugged each other. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, are you?" She nodded, looking down slightly.

"Yeah I'm fine, come on let's get out of here" she grabbed onto his hand and began to lead him out the shop and attempted to get out of Knockturn Alley.

"Ah the little pretty Malfoy...." An old man approached them, Sophia just tried to drag Harry past him.

"That's Harry Potter..." someone called, the two began to get swarmed and Harry was dragged away from her.

"Hey! Give him back!" She attempted to push through the crowd surrounding Harry, her short height made her unable to see what was happening to him. "Give me back my guy!" She hit peoples backs, but to no avail.

"Little miss malfoy, you're more grown up every time I see you" a man she recognised slithered toward her, he'd been at her house many a time for dinner, she'd never bothered to learn his name. "And prettier" creeped out she spat in the man's face, he hurled obscenities at her as he stormed off.

"I SAID GIVE HIM BACK!" She shouted, as loud as she could. The crowd separated at this, some stared at her in shock, others in slight fear. Harry hurriedly came to her side, "run!" The two ran off, attempting to make it out the alley. But they were gaining on them,

"Harry? Sophia? What are yer running from?" Hagrid questioned, coming between them and the mob chasing them, he turned, the crowds seeing Hagrid left them be.

Hagrid encouraged them to be safe before they began to look for their friends,

"Soph!" Hermione ran over, Sophia smiled and hugged her best friend close. Ron appeared seconds later, and the group exchanged a hug.

The rest of the Weasley's came hurrying over.

They all expressed their relief at finding Harry, and Fred and George happily greeted her. Fred using her nickname,

"Good to see ya Goldie"

Fred and George then expressed their jealously at Harry and Sophia having been in Knockturn Alley, Sophia didn't understand. Knockturn Alley was a horrible place that she hated going to, everyone there was cruel and unkind. She actually agreed with Hagrid.

Mr and Mrs Weasley didn't seem to like Sophia very much, she didn't blame them. But that changed after they revealed what happened in Borgin and Burkes.

"Did Lucius Malfoy buy anything?" Mrs Weasley sharply asked,

"Nah he was just selling off a bunch of stuff. Some poisons and cursed relics I think" Sophia answered, this simple sentence changed the elder Weasleys perception of her.

"So he's worried" the elder man smiled with a grim satisfaction,

"Yeah, the raids have him spooked. It's quite comical actually, he's running around gathering stuff, hiding other stuff in the passages, which are actually easy to open..." Mr Weasley began making notes of her words,

"Passages?"

"Oh yeah, you only have to pull out the right book or the right light and then you can get access to them, they've been there since before we got the house" Mr Weasley had written everything Sophia said down, Sophia guessed he planned to use it, this made her happy.

"Oh I'd love to get Lucius Malfoy for something" Sophia's smile grew, now that would be amazing. Her father getting arrested, she'd throw a party.

"You be careful Arthur, that family's trouble. Don't go biting off more than you can chew" her eyes widened as she realised Sophia was present, "excluding present company of course dear" but Sophia brushed her off,

"It's alright, my family are horrible people"

They were then all taken to their vaults, Sophia had asked to be taken to her grandparents vault. Not wanting to use her father's money. Although, when they reached the Weasley's vault, she found herself feeling incredibly guilty. It was so close to being empty, she could see Harry felt bad too.

Both her and Harry attempted to hide the contents of their vaults as they gathered some money.

They explored several shops, they'd run into Fred, George and Lee Jordan in one. And Sophia was reminded of just how much her crush on Fred had grown over the summer.

Sophia did not like Gilderoy Lockhart, he was annoying and obsessed with fame. Harry had even been dragged up to take photos with him.

Once they regrouped, her brother and sister stormed over.

"Bet you liked that didn't you Potter?" Draco snarled, Celestia folded her arms from next to him, "famous Harry Potter, can't even go into a bookshop without making the front page?"

"Leave him alone!" Ginny expressed, Sophia looked down at her impressed. It was very obvious Ginny had a crush on Harry.

An altercation later, Mr Weasley approached. So did Fred, Sophia zoned out momentarily and stared at him, that was until she heard her father's voice.

"Well well well, Arthur Weasley" he placed his hand on Dracos shoulder and pushed in front of Celestia, Leo was with him, looking terrified. As soon as Leo saw Sophia he ran over to her and she hugged him close. Her father glared but didn't comment on it,

"Lucius" Mr Weasley replied as coldly as he could.

"It's such a busy time at the ministry... all those raids. I hope they're paying you overtime" he then looked through the books in Ginny's cauldron, "I guess not..." he chucked the books back in carelessly, "what's the use in being a disgrace to the name of wizard if they don't even pay you for it" Sophia went even redder with anger,

"We have very different ideas about what disgraces the name of wizard Malfoy" Sophia smirked at Mr Weasleys comment,

"Clearly" Her fathers eyes travelled over to Hermione's parents "the company you keep Weasley, and I thought your family could sink no lower" she went to say something or do something else, but Leo looked up at her, a pleading look in his eye.

"Please don't!" It was the first time he had spoken that week,  and then there was a thud, Mr Weasley had started the fight Sophia herself had wanted to start,

Leo hid in Sophia's chest as she began laughing and joined Fred and George in cheering on Mr Weasley.

Once the fight had ended, her father turned his glare to her,

"Come along this instant" Leo hurried off but Sophia stood her ground, arms folded, refusing to move, "you disgrace this family Sophia" and with that her father stormed off,

"Good" she commented, Fred, George and Ron smiled at her.

"You're my favourite person in your year Goldie" Fred smiled which caused Sophia to flush red and Ron to look highly offended, and would've said something but then Hagrid spoke up.

"Rotten ter the core, the whole family, everyone knows that. No Malfoy's worth listenin' ter. Bad blood. That's what it is" he cast his eyes over to Sophia who was looking at the floor, "except yer Sophia, of course. The only exception" she smiled slightly, her younger siblings were the exception too but she didn't feel like speaking too much.

Hermione commanded that Sophia was staying with her for the rest of the summer, and her father couldn't object, she refused to let him object. Her belongings were to be sent over.

The rest of the summer was fun, Sophia was glad she had avoided going home, she would've been in severe trouble for her actions that day.

Before long, it was time to go back to Hogwarts.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 35.7K 75
Lyra Malfoy has always felt like a stranger in her family, she felt misplaced. As she feels torn between herself, a particular Weasley comes into her...
1.1M 44.6K 98
❝my papa always told me that you can't trust anybody, no matter what.❞ ❝why would he say that?❞ ❝his own love betrayed their best friends and the fam...
115K 3.8K 53
"Take my hand, Cassiopeia!" Harry shouts, looking at her with pleading eyes. "I can help you!" "I'm sorry, Harry..." she shook her head, looking away...
757 22 12
(#1 themalfoyfamily = 15.02.2022 #3 fredweasleyxoc = 15.02.2022 #8 theweasleys = 15.02.2022) Roxie Malfoy is the youngest daughter of the Malfoy fami...