Knowledge is love

By JH_Studios

Growing up, I always heard people telling my dad why is he teaching me about survival. What's the point? Thos... More

Part 1: Unlikely friendship
Part 2: School dra- what's going on?
Part 3: The Stone World
Part 4: A new companion
Part 5: A familiar face
Part 6: New mem- God Damn Old Timer
Part 7: Suflar and confession
Part 8: Grand Bout Begin
Part 9: Let the first rounds begin with a bang
Part 10: Getting hot in the arena
Part 11: New Chief is who?!?!
Part 12: Tales from the past
Part 13: Lost means war
Part 14: Playing dirty
Part 15: Sweet Treat
Part 16: Merry Christmas and surprise
Part 17: Saved by the gem
Part 18: Spelunking adventure
Part 19: Surprise
Part 20: Back to phones
Part 21: Glass, heat, batteries
Part 22: Message from past
Recap
Part 23: Prepare
Part 24: Plan to see you hell
Part 25: Enemy territory
Part 26: Captured by an old friend
Part 27: So we finally meet
Part 28: Ally by song
Part 29: Prison break
Part 30: Welcome back and you brought an ally
Part 31: What is he to you?
Part 32: Stone Wars
Part 33: Terms of alliance
Part 34: Backstabber and bloodshed
Part 35: You can't die on me
Part 36: Cold sleep and panic attacks
Part 37: You'll walk again, I promise
Part 38: Finding our new Captain
Part 39: New life with currency and wedding?
Part 40: Let's fly
Recap
Part 41: Reunited and map making
Part 42: Bread, Butler and Pictures
Part 43: Oil sailing
Part 44: Lets mine
Part 45: Winter boat troubles and campfire singing
Part 46: Getting closer as a couple~
Part 47: Set sail for adventure
Part 48: Treasure Island
Part 49: Distraction by any means
Part 50: Scars and beauty
Part 51: Infuriate enemy territory
Part 52: The power of a father's will
Bonus: Movie night
Bonus: Punches and ramen
What if: Y/n joined the spy team
What if: Y/n got petrified
Part 54: Progress with Medusa
Part 55: Old allies, new threats
Part 56: Drones, guns and planning
Part 57: The beginning of the second Stone Wars
Part 58: Foe turned to ally
Part 59: Flicker of hope turned to doom
Part 60: Science v Medusa
Part 61: Next Steps
Part 62: New project, allies, connections and home
Part 63: Beyond the new world
Valentine's day Special
Original Meeting

Part 53: Striking back with old comrades

349 11 5
By JH_Studios

"Yeah. The gas just needs to touch it," Senku said. "This PythagoraSwitch Rube Goldberg machine-looking thing takes it to the flask at the end. And in it, drop by drop, we get the water from the miracle cave...Nitric acid."

"I still don't know what that nitric acid stuff is," Gen admitted. "But I do know one thing: This water we've fought for, even went to war for...isn't a miracle any longer. It's a thing made using science, in Senku's hands."

"Nice choice of words there mentalist," you said.

"Now it's certain that everyone on the planet is going to be revived," Senku said as you guys acquired nitric acid. He chuckled. "First up, why don't we start by revving everyone in the Kingdom of Science?"

"That definitely sounds like a plan," you agreed.

"Here we are, on the island where it all began... And we're stealing the petrifaction beam," Senku stated. "The final battle's about to begin!"

"This is going to be exhilarating," you said with a smirk.

Senku chuckled. "Damn straight it is."

You guys watch the PythagoraSwitch Rube Goldberg machine-looking thing make the nitric acid you guys need to revive your fallen comrades.

"Um...Is it almost done," Soyuz asked.

"Kohaku and the rest of the spy team went deep undercover to get the platinum stuff for us," Suika said.

"And now we've got our own miracle water," Senku said. "Nitric acid has been acquired."

"Oh man. It's hard to believe that the petrifaction beam nearly wiped us out over 3700 years ago," Gen said. "And then came dangerously close to doing it again on this random island just in the last week."

"We truly have had an eventful time in this new world," you said.

Senku chuckled. "But now we can unpetrify folks. At this point humanities reveal is all but guaranteed."

"Then let's not waste any time," you said. You punched your palm. "And begin the Kingdom of Science's counter attack."

"Hold on, we got our nitric acid and I know that's one of the ingredients on the gunpowder recipe," Gen stated as he got a mischievous grin. "Meaning guns are next on the menu?"

"There's no way we're making that much if it," Senku stated, making Gen frown. "We'd need to construct a freakin' whole factory to produce enough. Not to be a bummer but we're making tiny amounts with some janky ass gear. So we'll have to use it wisely."

"Plus even if we had the equipment and supplies needed, it would take months to make enough for a damn war. And we obviously don't have that much time on our side," you pointed out. "Meaning we have to make our move quick."

Senku chuckled. "Look at you using that beautiful brain of yours. And you're right. Once we get enough revival fluid to wake one friend up, we're gonna head straight over to do just that."

"So who are we gonna revive first," Soyuz asked.

"First we're saving our God-tier craftsman, Kaseki, so we can work on our drone," Senku stated.

You guys head into the forest and scope out the ship to see if you guys can see the state of your friends. Much to your guys dismay, the island people were tossing the statue pieces into the water. It wasn't too surprising but it still wasn't nice to see. However it can work in your guys favor since it would be easier and less risky to dive down and retrieve them as opposed to fighting your way on the boat. The only problem is that you guys will have to find all the pieces before the current washes them away. Meaning you guys need Ryusui.

But as luck would have it, the island people were taking Ryusui's clothes and statue with them. It is most likely that given how he dresses, they figured he was someone important, most likely the leader.

"Oh no! They're taking Ryusui away with them," Suika cried.

Senku gets upset by this fact but then figures that it can work in your guys favor. Using the ear pieces, he tells Kohaku to break the statue and send them the pieces via the mini mice-mobiles. Kohaku does that and you guys receive the stuff, however seeing the pieces freaked out poor Suika.

"Sweet, the first delvery is here," Senku said.

"Uh...hold on a second," Gen said, a bit nervous and disturbed. "Are they using the mini mice-mobiles to send Ryusui to us piece by tiny piece?"

"Yep," Senku confirmed. "It's not like there's any other option." He gets an evil scientist look on his face as he looks at one of the stone fragments. "The only upside to their petrifaction is this piecemeal prison break."

Gen gets nervous as he looks at Senku horrified. "I've always known you were ridiculously rational, but...but still...you're practically psycho at this point!"

"Let the boy have his fun, mentalist," you said. "Besides, he is right. This is the only thing we can do."

"I swear, you really do love this man because you are way too calm about this behavior y/n-chan," Gen sighed.

After you guys received all the pieces, you guys head back to the cave and assemble Ryusui. After you guys finished the Ryusui puzzle, you guys gave him some clothes so he wouldn't be revived naked. And Suika even made him a new captain's hat out of paper.

Senku pours the reveal fluid on Ryusui and he starts to break free. They step back and Ryusui's body begins to glow.

"Huh? That's a bit odd," Gen admitted. "Are we not gonna hear the-" He mimics cracking noises. "-sound like usual?"

"Nah. He wasn't turn to stone all that long ago," Senku stated. "The crackling is due to the skin eroting and falling off but that takes millennia."

"In his case it's been a few days so nothing's that far gone," you said. "Which means we're seeing the actual reaction of denitrification."

Ryusui's body glows as the stone turns to skin and he comes back to life.

"Ha-Ha!" Ryusui turns around and snaps his fingers. "Excellent work everyone! Thanks to your help I have the distinct honor of being the only person in the world to be revived two times."

"It worked," Suika cried as the rest of you were glad to see Ryusui up and alive.

"Hmm? Not sure if I'm the first today," Ryusui said.

"Nope, you're the first one," you stated.

Ryusui got serious by this confession. "Well if that's the case." He walked over to destroyed motor. He thought as he looked at it before swiftly turning around to look at you guys and snapping his fingers. "We want Kaseki's statue next, am I wrong?"

"Check him out guys, the dude catches on quickly," Senku said.

"Perfect. Saves us time," you said as Senku put his arm around you.

"Ha-Ha. You've done very well Suika," Ryusui said, proudly. He walks up to her and kneels down in front of her. "You were the lone survivor on the battlefield." He pats her head which makes her happy. "In my eyes, you're a full fledged warrior of the Kingdom of Science."

Suika giggles as Ryusui goes to the PythagoraSwitch Rube Goldberg machine-looking thing.

"I get the jist of the situation," Ryusui stated. "Never doubt a sailor's instincts. We're catching the petrifaction weapon up when they toss it. A mid-air battle. With a kite." He snaps his fingers as he grins. "Am I wrong?"

"You're wrong," Senku stated with a cute smile, rosy cheeks and his tongue sticking out a bit with an eye closed . "We're using a drone."

Ryusui was in shocked from hearing the news.

"The plan is so wild that even the greediest man on earth is at a loss for words," Gen said.

"No," Ryusui said as regained himself. "I like it. Chase down what you want. That's how the Kingdom of Science does things."

Wasting no time, you guys get on the boat to check out the situation. Come to see the ship was heavily guarded.

"Is it just me or is the security like insanely tight," Gen said.

"Even creepy old Ibara and the scary guy Moz are there," Suika said, nervous.

Gen and Suika whimper as Senku chuckled.

"They're ten billion percent suspicious of an intruder," Senku said. "Which means tons of precautions. We aren't getting a milliliter closer."

"Maybe we should sneak in really late at night," Soyuz suggested.

"No dice, we need the sunlight in order to search the seafloor," you stated.

"She's right. Plus they'll see when we surface for breath," Ryusui added. "That means." Ryusui stripped off his clothes. "We should dive in now! Come on Soyuz!"

He dives into the water and Soyuz follows close behind him.

"So um, I guess Senku and I were never considered for physical tasks. To irmpy-sha," Gen said, a bit hurt.

"Yeah and Senku doesn't like swimming anyway. It 'ruins' his hair," you pointed out with quotations in the ruin part since you didn't think his hair down meant it was ruined. Instead, you actually liked it down but preferred it up since that's how Senku has it and he does look good. But you can't deny him with his hair down is a look.

Ryusui and Soyuz resurfaced as they couldn't hold their breath long enough for the search.

"Oof, that's too bad. Not enough breath for a search and rescue dive," Gen said.

"Don't be too sure," Senku said. "Y/n, wanna take a crack at it?"

"Sure," you said.

You stand up and take off the dress you were wearing. The boys blush as they watch you. Soyuz turns around, trying to be respectful since you are married and your husband was right there. Ryusui had a bit of a smirk with a hint of blush as Gen was blushing hard but tried to play it cool. This wasn't the first time Senku has seen you strip since you did something similar when he was forcefully dragged to the beach with Taiju, Yuzuriha and your parents but that didn't change the fact that he enjoyed the view. Though he would have preferred if there weren't any other guys watching. Thankfully, you were wearing one of the swim suits Ryusui had the crafts team made. So unlike Ryusui and Soyuz, you stripped to an actual bathing suit as opposed to your naked body.

"Thanks to Ryusui for making swimsuits, we actually have appropriate attire for this rescue," you said.

You dive into the water and swim to the sea floor.

"Uh, Senku, you sure y/n as a better chance than our water expert who was particularly raised on the sea," Gen asked.

"Yeah. Y/n's been training her entire life in all different environments," Senku stated. "Like Tajiu, she's able to do things that any normal person can do thanks to her parents. While the average person can only go 1-2 minutes, y/n's training allows her to hold her breath way longer. Question: Gen, you know the record for underwater breath holding?"

Gen put his finger on his chin as he began to think. "Um, if I remember correctly it was 24 minutes and 37 seconds and was held by Budimir Šobat's who was a professional breath hold diver." He then froze a bit as he had a feeling what Senku was getting at. He laughed sheepishly. "But there's no way y/n-chan can--"

"Y/n can hold her breath longer than that due to all the ridiculous training she's done," Senku said, cutting off Gen. "Not to mention she's a ridiculously good and fast swimmer."

Gen and the others were shocked by this; they couldn't believe that was possible. Just what kind of training did you do to even be able to do that?

Senku's face fell a bit. "Though, due to her injury and everything she went through, it might have affected her. Or maybe not. I'm not entirely sure but I know she can do this."

You swam through the water trying to see if you could find any traces of the crew. You check the area where you saw them get tossed but you found squat. You furrow your brows as you get upset since this meant the current most likely took them. You wanted to go find them but you didn't want to risk losing air so you swam back to the others.

You resurfaced and took a breath.

"You find anything," Ryusui asked.

"No," you said. "My guess is that the current washed them away further down."

"That makes sense since we're most likely dealing with reef current," Ryusui said. "Which means the pieces were likely sent to the open water."

"What do we do now," Gen asked. "A search like this will be too much for y/n to do alone."

"Science has the perfect solution," Senku stated. "How about a little scuba diving trip? With home brewed oxygen tanks."

You guys head back to the cave to get started on the oxygen tanks. With Soyuz help, Senku took off the steel pipe apart from the mobile lab.

Gen gave a horrified scream. "You are way too eager to take apart our mobile lab."

"We don't have time to build the tanks from scratch," Senku said. "So that means we'll have to repurpose some stuff." Senku jumped down from the roof and examined the pisces of the pipe. "This was a part of the lab but it's just a steel pipe."

So with that, the construction of the tanks began. Senku welds a cap down to the pipe and tights as much as possible. Ryusui voices his concerns since an oxygen tank has to handle a lot of pressure. But Senku reassure that it's fine since he tested it out before and it worked fine. But he did mention that it exploded a month later. That makes Gen nervous but he has faith in Senkun since he's the scientist and he did make rockets. After some time, Senku finished making two oxygen tanks, though they did look like crap.

"So that's it. This is our oxygen tank," Suika said, a bit confused as she examined one.

"It looks like crap. Even for us," Ryusui said as he examined the other one.

"Well Old Man Kaseki is the craftsman but it does have a clunky charm to it," you said.

"You're too optimistic for your husband's shenanigans sometimes y/n-chan," Gen said.

"So we'll fill it with a clunky pump," Senku stated as he looked around the lad for a piece that would work. "I bet one of these engine pistons will do the trick."

"Ahhh! He's taking it all apart," Suika said.

"I'm swimping the regulator to cap off the tanks," Senku grunted as he took apart some of the lab.

"Kaseki is gonna freak out," Gen said, feeling pity for the man.

"Wouldn't worry about that guy. Once we revive him, he can put it all back together no problem," Senku said.

"Yeah. That he can," Ryusui agreed.

"True but we should still try to minimize the work for him if possible," you suggested.

"She's right," Gen said.

You guys start to fill the tanks with air using the home-made pump. Gen gets scared since this is usually the part where tough manual labor kicks in. Though it was pretty easy for 2 atmospheres. But of course as the atmosphere increased so did the difficulty of the task. Right as you guys hit 10 atmospheres, Soyuz was having trouble pumping. So going up to 50 was just too much for one person. You guys made an insanely long pole and it took all of you to just barely move it so it can pump. But the pump was gonna heat up so you guys had Suika pour water on it so it wouldn't exploded.

But after ten hours of gurling manual labor, the air pump exploded. But thankfully, the air tanks were ready for the diving trip.

After all the work, you guys managed to make two, one for Ryusui and one for Soyuz. Since you're able to hold your breath for a long time, you didn't need one. And in the situation you need air, you just take a quick breath from one of the boys.

Ryusui and Soyuz wore the tanks and had actual swim attire and Senku tied a rope around your waist. This was so if you guys need anything or to say anything, you just tug on the rope. All set, you and the boys dived into the water and swam to the open water where you said the crew was mostly. It wasn't the best plan since you didn't actually know if they're there but given the tanks would only last for ten minutes, that was the best thing you guys could do.

You guys swam in the water looking around in case you guys saw something. But nothing. You guys make it to open water and see the statue-pieces inside the water.

You smirk as Ryusui gets excited to see all the crew together. You guys release 3 jellyfishes to tell the others that you guys find everyone. So with that, you guys go to find Kaseki's statue. You guys find him inside the sand and try to pull him out but he was really stuck in the sand.

No matter how hard you guys pull, he wouldn't budge. You felt the rope tug, telling you that the boys only have roughly four minutes left. You bit your inner lip at this news. You tap Ryusui's arm, getting his attention as Soyuz tries to dig Kaseki out. He points at his mask, asking if you need air but you shake your head. You put up four fingers telling him they only have four minutes of air.

Ryusui furrows his brows since that wasn't good. Four minutes wasn't enough time to get Kaseki out so you guys need to think. You began to think and then got an idea. You look around and thankfully you see who you were looking for. You tap Ryusui's shoulder and point at Taiju's statue then pretend to be pouring something. Ryusui understands what you're getting at and goes to Taiju's statue to get him ready as you try to communicate to Senku and the others to get you some revival fluid.

You tug on the rope, trying to do morse code. You were saying '_ _ ..' or saying z. Given how long it would be too long to tug a full sent, you were banking on them to figure out what you needed based on that one message.

Thankfully they managed to figure it out and they sent you some revival fluid. You grab it and swim to the boys who were waiting by Tajiu's statue. Soyuz held Taiju's broken arm to his statue as Ryusui was ready and even put his goggles on Taiju. He pulled off his mask and used the remaining air he had to make a pocket of air, allowing you to be able to pour the fluid on top Taiju's statue.

After you finished, Taiju's body glowed and he was back.

Taiju yelled as he was pumped to be back. "I'm rip, roaring to go!"

His yell made him lose his breath and he quickly covered his mouth as he couldn't breath. Ryusui then uses his mask to make another air pocket to explain the situation to Taiju.

"Kaseki! We need to revive Kaseki first," Ryusui explained.

Tauji then sucked all the surrounding air bubbles before putting Ryusui's mask back on him since that one big gulp is all he needs. You grin since you were glad that he caught on and you guys go to free Kaseki.

With Taiju's help, you guys managed to free Kaskei and swim back to the others. You feel yourself starting to lose air, but Taiju grabs your hand and helps you the rest of the way. You guys resurfaced and Taiju started to laugh which made you laugh a bit since it was kind of fun.

"Yo, Kaskei," Senku said. You and Taiju stop laughing as Senku's eyes soften looking at you two. "Yo, you big oaf."

Taiju gives Senku a smile. And it was thanks to him that you guys were able to get Kaseki. Meaning you guys are one step closer to reviving the rest of the crew.

*Bonus, continuation to the What if chapter where you were petrified*

"Oh no. The island folks are just dumping our friends into the water, "Suika cried.

"Why wouldn't they? To those guys, our buddies are just useless piles of rocks," Senku said.

"Hear me out though," Gen said. "I'm not so sure we could've gotten through the guards and back on the ship to save them. But if they're just in the water, we can dive down and pick them up."

"We'll need to find all the pieces before the current washes them away," Soyuz pointed out.

"If that's the case, we're gonna need Ryusui," Suika stated. "He knows how the ocean currents work." Suika gasped as she saw what was going on.

A big muscular guy was carrying yours and Ryusui's statue as Ibara was carrying your guys clothes. It's most likely that he figured that you two were important to the crew, probably the leader and mistress or something like that.

"Oh no! They're taking y/n and Ryusui away with them," Suika cried.

Senku gets upset by this fact but then figures that it can work in their favor. Using the ear pieces, Senku tells Kohaku to break the statues and send them the pieces via the rat-mobiles. Kohaku does that and you guys receive the stuff, however seeing the pieces freaked out poor Suika.

"Sweet, the first delvery is here," Senku said.

"Uh...hold on a second," Gen said, a bit nervous and disturbed. "Are they using the mini mice-mobiles to send Ryusui and y/n-chan to use piece by piece."

"Yep," Senku confirmed. "It's not like there's any other option." He gets an evil scientist look on his face as he looks at one of the stone fragments. "The only upside to their petrifaction is this piecemeal prison break."

Gen gets nervous as he looks at Senku horrified. "I've always known you were ridiculously rational, but...but still...you're practically psycho at this point! Plus how exactly are we gonna tell the pieces apart from Ryusui and y/n."

"Well, that part is gonna be the easiest out of this whole thing," Senku stated.

"Yeah, easy," Gen sighed.

After they receive all the pieces, they head back to the cave and assemble you and Ryusui. After they finished the puzzles, they gave you and Ryusi some clothes so you guys wouldn't be revived naked. And Suika even made him a new captain's hat out of paper.

Senku pours the reveal fluid on you as Gen pours it on Ryusui. They step back as yours and Ryusui's bodies begins to glow.

"Huh? That's a bit odd," Gen admitted. "Are we not gonna hear the-" He mimics cracking noises. "-sound like usual?"

"Nah. They didn't turn to stone all that long ago," Senku stated. "The crackling is due to the skin eroting and falling off but that takes milenia. In their case it's been a few days so nothing's that far gone. What we're witnessing now is the real denitrification reaction."

Your bodies glow as the stone turns back skin and you guys come back to life.

"Ha-Ha!" Ryusui turns around and snaps his fingers. "Excellent work everyone! Thanks to your help I have the distinct honor of being the only man in the world to be revived two times."

You chuckle. "Now that's one helluva welcome speech."

"It worked," Suika cried as the rest of them were glad to see you and Ryusui up and alive.

Suika cried happy tears and ran up to you. She jumps into your arms and cries as you hold her.

"It's nice to see you too Suika," you said.

"Y/n, I missed you," Suika cried.

"She's not the only one."

You look up to see Senku look at you with a soft smile and his eyes looked like he was about to cry. Suika jumps down from your hands and Senku wastes now time pulling you into a hug. A smile grows on your face as you hug him back.

"Welcome back, Amazon," Senku said.

"Thanks for bringing me back, Onion Boy," you said. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.3K 2.7K 41
Everyone on that day, turned to stones. โš ๏ธ๐“๐“ธ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ฌ๐“ฎโš ๏ธ This is my first fanfic of Dr. Stone. This is from the anime/manga: Dr. Stone. For those who...
159K 5.3K 21
Y/N was an overly enthusiastic girl, being the student council president in school. It was usual to see her running around helping people, even those...
42.2K 1.6K 36
โ Baby, baby don't you see? I got everything you need Only a genius Could love a woman like me! โž As water flows where it pleas...
4.1K 69 16
You get sent to another universe and don't remember anything, except your age, some sort of riddle that you don't even remember all of, and the where...