FADE INTO YOU || Kai Parker

By pretty_cvnt

"I want to hold the hand inside you." More

One
Two
Three
Four
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three

Five

609 12 2
By pretty_cvnt

May 11th, 1994

My eyes widened, while he stared down at me.

The smile that previously was painted on his face... it's gone, now he looks like he wants to gut me alive.

"Here's the thing, you will help me," he tilts his head, grabbing my forearms, "whether you like it or not."

"How." I say, trying to not show the fact I was scared shitless to him directly.

"You're a witch. I could sense it the second you handed me the very first drink... our fingers brushed and voila." he says, as if it's supposed to magically impress me and make me become a willing participant in whatever sick twisted fantasy he had.

"You're psycho."

"Am I?" he's taunting me now, letting go of my arms and knowing I would hopelessly stay in place.

Now he's slowly pacing in front of me, eyes trained on my every breath, every move and... every thought.

Predator like.

"Vampire..."

"Ding, ding, ding!" he sarcastically claps his hands once, but the silence that follows sends shivers directly up my spine.

"What do you want from me..."

I'm going to die here, aren't i?

Having led a very much pointless and uneventful life. Wow, pathetic.

So fucking pathetic.

In the middle of New York City, where the streets absolutely fucking reek of piss and in my work uniform.

Wow, Amber, you really outdid yourself this time around.

"I need your help finding something..." he takes this time to become serious, "moreso, someone."

Hmm, why wouldn't he just search for them himself? Why involve me?

"Okay... who?"

"Does the name Stefan Salvatore sound familiar?"

Fuck no.

"No." I say, raising an eyebrow and avoiding his gaze.

"That's fine... because you're gonna do a locator spell for me." there's that fake smile again, which is very fucking annoying.

He kinda looks good still...

"I haven't practiced magic, since I was like 17." I admit, but he looks at me incredulously.

"So... your magic just grew legs and walked away? No. Just do the damn spell," he rebutted, shrugging in carelessness.

"It's not that simple," I replied in defense, my voice sounding even more pitiful than my stance.
"You're asking me for a favor I'm not capable of," I bluntly say, accepting any sort of repercussions I would get from disagreeing with the raven haired man in front of me.

-

Hours later, I sat on the floor of a random apartment with a journal set to the side.

Maybe it was the first time damon threatened me that convinced me to surrender to his request, or the second time.

"It's not working," I had been silent for ten minutes, with no hope of this spell even working.
My dad would have scoffed at my strength, ridiculing me relentlessly.

Damon sat against the arm of a loveseat, zoning out on god knows what. My statement seemed to have piqued his interest because in the matter of seconds he says, "what do you mean it's not working? Use your witch juju and get it over with."

"I'm trying," maybe subconsciously I was relaxing myself, trying to safely get my way out of being involved in this situation.

"Well, try harder."

I scowl to myself, continuing to recite the spell.
Truly, I didn't give a rats ass about helping this dude find whatever guy he was in love with.
I knew I needed more to do the spell, but I remained quiet.

"The only reason I'm not killing you right now, is because I need your help," he declares, "if you're trying anything stupid, i'll rip your throat out."

I look back at him, his position changed to being directly behind me. He towered over me darkly, probably deciding all the ways to kill me in that moment.

I turn back around, my voice weakly whispering, "I need his blood."

"What."

"I'm not strong enough to randomly conjure something or someone's location with nothing to use for it. I need blood," I confess, still having my back turned away from him and I found myself fiddling with the edges of the map's paper.

He stays silent, but I begin to get up and feel uneasy watching him look at everything but me.
Like he's thinking... contemplating.

"I don't know what to do."

"Shut up." he shuts me down, immediately.

I have nothing to lose. I have no upper hand at all, no one to save me. The silence begins to choke me and I suddenly become more aware of my unsteady breathing.

His voice echoes in my head, "The only reason I'm not killing you right now, is because I need your help."

"Give me time," I attempt to plead, surprised by how weak I sounded on the outside. I tended to put on such a strong facade with my regular life, but this was different.

This was life or death.

"If you can give me time to work on stabilizing myself, I can be stronger and I can just use his blood to locate him." my hands splayed out in front of me, as if it'd stop him but he stays silent still.

"Nice idea... if i had his blood, but i don't," he tilted his head tauntingly, remaining a straight face, "You're not helping."

"Won't work."

That's all I hear before he rushes to me, biting...
his own wrist?

He wrapped his hand behind my head, I could smell him. Feel the death in him. The cold.

I couldn't scream, say anything at all. So, I stood there with my arms stapled to my sides.

He brought his wrist to my mouth, but something kicks in me finally and I use all my strength to push him away. Scratch him away.

He barely budged...

"Please," I choke on a sob that quelled deep in my throat, "I don't want to die." I dropped to my knees, tears in my eyes and he kneels down to my level. He still towered me, even when bringing himself down.

He looked like he was having no care in the world, "Amber, I'm really sorry to do this, glad we could meet!"

No.

Please.

I sob in response, which seemed to entertain him even more. He's sick.

Ironically, I began to have revelations about my entire life in the adrenaline of the moment. Being teased with death awoken something inside of me... breathed a different life into me.

In that moment, I didn't think about my parents, no. I thought about my life... my job, my apartment back on Second Avenue, my life.

Everything and nothing, i'd leave behind.

Nothing of importance pushed me to continue pleading with the monster in front of me.

He caressed my cheek, leaning in and I looked into his eyes with confusion. His nose brushed mine, before he took his hand away from my cheek and gripped my hair.

Suddenly my head is turned with a sickening crack, and I don't have any time to think.

I don't think at all.

I just stop.

Author's Note

Hey! Thanks for taking the time to read my book! It's one of my first "projects" in like six years so forgive me if my writing isn't the best.

I really want to take my time in building a proper story, instead of just rushing to the end, so I've been slowly writing with as much necessary detail as possible.

It means alot that you took the time to read this far and I appreciate all the support.

Hope you enjoy whatever more you read.

:) - pc

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.8K 253 9
๐œ—๐œš ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐ฌ๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐›๐จ๐ฎ๐ง๐ ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐›๐ž๐ ๐ข๐ง๐ง๐ข๐ง๐  ๐œ—๐œš
296K 3.5K 15
"ษช'แด ๊œฑแด›ษชสŸสŸ แดแด€แด‹ษชษดษข ๊œฑแด‡ษด๊œฑแด‡ แด๊œฐ สœแด€แด ษชษดษข ษดแดแด›สœษชษดษข สŸแด‡๊œฐแด› แด›แด ๊œฑแด€แด แด‡." โ”Š โ”Š โ”Š โ”Š โ”Š โ”Š โ”Š โœง โ”Š โ”Š โœฆ โ”Š โœง โœฆ แดกแด€ส€ษดษชษดษข๊œฑ: แด…แด‡แด˜ส€แด‡๊œฑ๊œฑษชแดษด, แด‡แด€แด›ษชษดษข แด…ษช๊œฑแดส€แด…แด‡ส€, แด„แดœแด›แด›ษชษดษข, ษขส€ษชแด‡๊œฐ, แดกสœส แด„สœแดแด๊œฑ...
6.7K 179 16
"What's a pretty little girl like you doing here?" "Looking for pretty little men like you." ๐™„๐™ฃ ๐™ฌ๐™๐™ž๐™˜๐™ ๐™Ž๐™š๐™ง๐™š๐™ฃ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ฎ ๐™Ž๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™˜๐™ก๐™–๐™ž๐™ง ๐™ž๐™จ...