KNOT

By apricotarrow

⚠️ WARNING: THIS BOOK CONTAINS TRIGGERING TOPICS SUCH AS DEATH, BLOOD AND SOME ALCHOHOL. READ AT YOUR OWN CAU... More

♧ PARTYYY!! ♧
♤ Hotel shenanigans ♤
♧ Confused Afterparty ♧
♤ Violet screen ♤
♤ Newest Invention ♤
♧ Claw Marks ♧
LOG 1: RECOVERY

♧ The Downpour ♧

118 3 5
By apricotarrow

A/N: sorry for being away for so long I got caught up with school, I'm back though!

Tree stood back in shock, his eyes widening. He felt his hands shaking, they were sweating. He could feel sap running down his leaves, his glasses felt like rocks on his branches. "I- we need.." His voice was drying up. "RUN!" He rushed past Remote, almost tripping up and into Black Hole. "Wha- what about the team? Preventing death- we need to prevent REMOTE'S death. Come on, let's just..."

"Do what, Black hole? In a minute we're all going to die, unless we just leave right now!" Tree stared right at Black hole, who was rather nervous.

"Teehee! I don't like the sound of permanent death!"

"We need to get moving - look what happened to Pillow, Four is after you, you know. You're the only one who can destroy them, except for Donut, who probably already died!" A distant zap flashed across the sky, a beam of white. "Black hole, at least do something!"

Black hole still looked hesitant. "But Remote is our friend, and we can't just kill her! What would the rest of our team think?"

" 'I'm glad they didn't die from Remote's explosion', probably!" Tree shook his head. "Come on, just face it, we'll have to leave her.." He glanced at the sky, which flashed with a beam of white again.

A scream echoed as pieces of a yellow object flew over, leaving a streak of smoke in the sky.

"Tee-hee! I think that was Yello-"

"BLACK HOLE, LETS JUST GO!"

"I think an even better solution is if Black hole kills Remote because she's obviously going to go kill more people after she downloads that bomb!"

"And how do you know that Remote won't just explode here and kill me and Bottle? You're lucky, being almost-indestructible and all." Tree pointed at Black hole, getting increasingly closer to the spacial entity.

"Of course im not gonna kill Remote, we can still save her!"

"How? Taking the batteries out of her?"

"You could try that before abandoning her, at least."

Tree approached Remote, but realised there were four screws he needed to get rid of first. He looked around. "We need a screwdriver-"

"Download complete."

Black hole swung up in horror, looking around for a second or two. Before he could do anything however, Remote discharged a large amount of electricity, blowing a couple of leaves off of Tree, before dashing off, leaving the other two perplexed and horrified. "She's headed towards the crowd, we need to STOP-"

"Black HOLE. Let's just go." Tree narrowed his eyes, which darkened as clouds started to gather.

Black hole sighed. "You're right." A sigh of relief came from the other two. Swinging among his team, he picked them up with his gravitational pull and flew off, regret slowly setting in him.

-

"Losers, let's go!" Pin cried, however she grunted seeing a crowd of objects near Loser. "LOSERS! WE NEED TO GO, NOW!" Pin yelled, causing the others to look at her. "Okay, uhm, Four's gone crazy so we need to start moving now or we'll die?" Pin felt the green, sickly feel of ooze drip down her head.

Clock dragged himself away from the crowd. "You'll probably forget about me, won't you? Like all of the other Losers did." He stared at Pin, his clock hands endlessly ticking in frustration.

Pin sighed. "You don't really care about Loser, do you? I guess I kind of wonder why the others do, if they all hated him for lying all those episodes ago-"

A blast flew past the two of them, white and full of pure energy. Pin stepped back slightly, feeling the warmth radiating off of it. "Ok, you know what?" Pin grabbed Clock by the leg, glancing at the nearby unharmed forest. She looked at the distance. If she managed to run and stay low long enough, she would make it to the nearby slightly burnt forest.

"LOSERS-"

Another bright flash struck through the group, and Pin watched in absolute horror as Loser was disintegrated immediately. The strike then flew towards them, and Pin screamed, leaping out of the way and dragging Clock with her.

"LOSERS! LETS FUCKING GET OUT OF HERE." Pin screamed, and to her surprise they followed. She couldn't think about them, though. The forest was right there.

"Is it worth stopping for them?" A faint voice was heard. It was Clock. "Ffffuck... I feel really lightheaded."

"We're almost there!" Pin cried, though she could feel her legs tiring. "Just stay awake for a little longer!" Pin glanced at Clock, but couldn't see the damage and kept running.

Another zap, and Pin felt her legs speed up. The forest was right there, and she just needed to keep running. "Go! Go! Go!" The voice of Coiny could be heard. "Don't give up, Losers!"

The forest came closer and closer into view, and Pin could feel the dead grass slowly becoming thicker and thicker. Another zap blasted next to them, slightly burning through the forest. She sped up more, the forest in her reach-

BOOM

Pin was thrown into the air, still gripping onto Clock's leg. Beneath her, the smoke and fire of an explosion burst out, and time slowed down. Pin could feel herself in some state of euphoria, glancing at the stars in the sky. The ground fell away from her, and her hand reached out towards the twilight, the hanging sliver of a crescent moon. Clouds started to gather- clouds?! And how was it night?

Pin felt her mind being thrown back into reality, as she hurtled towards the ground below. Screaming, she held Clock above her, as he was more fragile and could shatter. She stared at a bush, bracing for the impact of twigs and leaves, hoping that maybe she could survive.

SNAP

-

The smoke rose from a recent explosion. Pieces of dark shrapnel were thrown around, earning screams from many. Four could still be seen, launching deadly beams of light.

Pen was thrown on the ground, his ears ringing. A cold liquid dripped down his face, and he felt like he couldn't move. He blinked, once, twice, rubbing his hands on his head and looking at them. He stared at them, horrified. Scratches were on his palm, and his own blood was smeared on them. He tried to, couldn't scream. His throat felt dry. Rain started to pour onto his body..

His eyes looked around, his head pounding. He felt sick to the core, light-headed, aching all over. Right now, he just wanted to lie down and let the earth swallow him up... or whatever was going to happen to him just happen.

"Who is this?"

"Do you not know? It's Pen." A robotic voice could be heard.

"Whatever. He's probably dead. We need to run, TV."

Pen gritted his teeth, using the last of his energy to push his hand towards the sky, and open his eyes. "I'm.. not... dead.." He could feel something drip off of his hands. The ringing that was slowly dispersing from his ears started to distort. He could barely keep his eyes open. The pain that sparked from his body started to feel fuzzy.

"HOLY SHIT!!" An orange, fuzzy ball yelled. "PEN? PEN!" Pen could feel something lift him up. "TV WE NEED TO GO NOW!" A zap could be heard. Pen felt like he was moving quickly.. or slowly?

He closed his eyes, feeling a voice call out to him as Basketball spoke. Was it.. yelling? Or.. whispering?

"PEN, LISTEN TO ME!" Basketball cried. "YOU NEED TO- STAY AWAKE- OKAY?" Basketball sounded out of breath.

"There's a nearby forest here. If we make it we can perhaps tend to Pen's wounds. Or, we can go to Golf Ball's underground-"

"Nope! Anywhere but there." Basketball snapped. "Golf ball doesn't even like me anyways." Pen tried keeping his eyes open, but it felt impossible. He winced, another wave of pain crashing over him. He felt like there were shocks all over him, increasing in intensity. His mind whirled around, spiralling into a descent of despair. "how.. long..?" He managed to mutter. He felt the rain soaking into his skin.

"We're almost there, just stay awake." Basketball skidded to a stop, a fuzzy brown figure in front of them. "Almost ran into a tree there." She muttered. Pen could feel himself being put on the ground. "TV, do you have anything on you?"

"Not much. Though, I do have every contestant's vitals on me. 8-ball, 87%, Balloony, 91-"

"How do you have everyone's vitals- WHATEVER! TV, tear some leaves off of that tree for me. I'm gonna try to bandage his wounds. Do you know if there's a river nearby?" Basketball went quiet. "How am I going to do this.."

"I have found water." TV could be heard again. "Ok, ok good." Pen could feel cold water being splashed on him. He opened his eyes from the shock of it, but still felt himself tiring. "Do you think we're gonna need an.. ink.. transplant??" Basketball's voice was a little clearer. "Perhaps. But most likely, the only object that could provide such a form of 'blood' would be Marker, or perhaps other liquids would work as a substitute."

"What are Marker's vitals?" Basketball asked TV.

"Let me check... He's not alive." Basketball stepped back a little at how TV said it so bleakly. "Really? Potentially we could try it.. but, what would the others think? Using a dead contestant-"

"Basketball, it's survival of the fittest at this point. You can try to save everyone, but sacrifices will be needed. Marker is already dead anyways."

Basketball sighed. The sound of tearing could be heard. "Do you know where Marker is?"

-

"Isn't this just like what we did in BFDIA?!" Ruby yelled over the music. Pencil, Ruby, Bubble, Book and Pie all sat in their respective seats of the Freesmart Supervan, while Ruby drove. "I mean, without Ice Cube, but like.. she was just an alternate."

"Yeah-hah.. and without the disapproval of my other team.. because they like.. hated me." Book mumbled.

"Why did you join their team anyways?" Pencil stared suspiciously at Book. "Well.." She said. "I don't know, I was getting tired of being treated as an alternate and wanted to switch up for some new faces..! But... well, now they all hate me and want me gone.. and I guess I would've been better off staying with the alliance."

"And do we have a new member or what? I don't recall inviting Pie." Pencil pointed at the blueberry pastry that sat rather quietly in the window seat.

"Eh, Ruby just invited me here." Pie said.

"Yup! I invited everyone! Shame only you 4 made it.."

"Did they foirget about whoit they doid to me?" Bubble whispered to Book. "And yoi and Ice Cube!"

"Yeah, I guess, but nobody else really likes me, and i've ben shunned out by my entire team."

"Really? Why?" Bubble said.

"I don't know.." Book felt guilty lying to Bubble. Her entire team hated her for a good reason, a reason that was her own fault. So why did she still lie to everyone around her..?

"Hey, who wants to play truth or dare?" Ruby yelled, pulling out two bowls full of pieces of paper

"Okay, Pie, truth or dare?"

"Dare, I guess." Pie picked out a piece of paper from one bowl. "Eat a yoyleberry? What are they?"

Ruby opened a jar full of yoyleberries. "Well, try one! They have a super cool side effect!!" Ruby waved her hands, excited.

Pie ate one, immediately turning metal. "Oh, wow. Does this mean I can't explode anymore?" Ruby nodded. "Yup! I think.. no one's who's ever eaten a yoyleberry has been able to spontaneously explode before.."

"Wow.. shocker." Pie turned to Book. "Okay, Book, truth or dare?"

"Dare!" Book picked a piece of paper out of the bowl. "Huh.. honk the van horn? Sounds easy enough."

"Wait, Ruby, if youi're holding the boiwls, whoi's driving?" Bubble questioned the gemstone.

"Haha! Don't you know, Bubble? My identical clone is driving! Now, do your dare, Book!"

The van went silent. Ruby looked around. "Hello?" Book looked around too. "What's going-"

CRASH

Ruby flew out of the car window, spinning in the air, hitting a tree and shattering on impact. A dull snap and a pop could be heard, right before Book flew out of the window too, narrowly missing the tree Ruby hit, her cover then catching on a branch. Pie could then be seen crawling out of the wreckage.

A few minutes later, and Book managed to unhook herself off of the branch. Rain poured from the dark sky. Tears welled up in her eyes, seeing her dead friends surround her.

"Did I just lose everything... again?" Tears and raindrops stained her cover.

Then, a green portal appeared in front of her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.8K 545 15
"One more year. One more year is all I can take. By this time next year, I'll be gone"he said, looking at his reflection in the mirror I'm bad at wri...
7.6K 133 17
What makes a person lose their mind? Why does history repeat itself so maliciously? History repeats itself, tragedies included... But what if, when h...
4K 42 10
A simple project for college gone haywire. Death, murder, mystery, jail. Objects are gaining misfortune left and right. It's Test Tube's fault, isn'...
8.2K 285 17
After MePhone4 mysteriously dissapeared, the remaining contestants were sent back to Hotel OJ. People picked up new interests, Fan became a famous in...