Falling In Manchester

By Sofie_tomlinson28

Harry, nineteen and has just moved away from home to attend the University of Arts, has no idea that much mor... More

Chapter One - Harry
Chapter Two - Louis
Chapter Three - Harry
Chapter Four - Louis
Chapter Five - Harry
Chapter Six - Louis
Chapter Seven - Harry
Chapter Eight - Louis
Chapter Nine - Harry
Chapter Ten - Louis
Chapter Eleven - Harry
Chapter Twelve - Louis
Chapter Thirteen - Harry
Chapter Fourteen - Louis
Chapter Fifteen - Harry
Chapter Sixteen - Louis
Chapter Seventeen - Harry
Chapter Eighteen - Louis
Chapter Nineteen - Harry
Chapter Twenty- Louis
Chapter Twenty-One - Harry
Chapter Twenty-Two - Louis
Chapter Twenty-Three - Harry
Chapter Twenty-Four - Louis
Chapter Twenty-Five - Harry
Chapter Twenty-Six - Louis
Chapter Twenty-Eight - Louis
Epilogue - Harry

Chapter Twenty-Seven - Harry

557 23 41
By Sofie_tomlinson28

Wow, it really is nearing the end

 - - -

Clothes. Toothbrush. Hairbrush. Lube. Condoms—important stuff. All was secured into Harry's backpack, plus a few minor things, and he felt like he was good to go. He had finished his lectures for the day, and soon Louis would arrive with the motorbike he had rented.

Harry pulled his phone out of his pocket, only to see that Miss Olsen had sent him an Email.

Curiosity spiked in him, and he pressed onto it.

Dear Harry,

I finally finished reading through all the pages you have given me, sorry it took so long, but all I have to say is WOW. I'm blown away. I have sat and edited the pages you have given me. There are places that need to be rewritten and other stuff, that's always how first drafts are, but I'm beyond impressed. If you'd like, we can meet up sometime to discuss the story and where to go from here.

Harry looked confusedly at the mail. From here? What did she mean by that? He quickly set to work with typing out a reply.

Dear Miss Olsen,

Thank you so much. I would love to meet up someday and receive your feedback. That would be so lovely, thank you. However I have to ask, what do you mean by 'from here'?

He quickly sent the email just as the sound of a bundle of keys by the front door was heard. A second later, Louis stepped inside the apartment. His hair was ruffled, a backpack was hanging from his shoulders, and a crooked grin was taking up space on his face.

"Hey, gorgeous," he said. "Ready to go?"

Harry blushed slightly. "Yeah, I am, handsome."

Louis smiled fondly and walked over to Harry. Hands on his hips, Louis pressed a kiss to Harry's lips. "Have you said goodbye to Niall yet?"

Harry shook his head. "I should probably do that."

Louis scrunched his nose, kissing Harry's cheek. "You probably should, yeah."

"Alright, I will," chuckled Harry. "But first, did you get the motorbike?"

"All ready," Louis confirmed. "Did you pack?"

Harry nodded. "Just enough to fill a backpack."

"Great." Louis pecked his lips, patted his bum, said, "Now go say goodbye to our Irish princess."

Harry smiled fondly, stepping back. "I will."

He quickly retreated to Niall's door, knocking.

"Come in."

Harry pushed the handle down, stepping inside. "Hey, Nigel."

Niall grinned from where he was sitting on his bed. "Hey, Curly. Ready to leave?"

Harry nodded. "Yep, Louis just got here."

Niall nodded, patting the spot on the bed next to him. "Arse down."

"As you wish." Harry sat down, pulling his knees to his chest. He furrowed his eyebrows. "Is something wrong?"

Niall shrugged. "I just miss you. When was the last time we had a boys' night just the two of us?"

Dread settled in Harry's stomach. "What—I don't even..." He exhaled. "Sorry."

"It's fine," Niall said, wetting his lips. "I just miss you. You have so much work lately, and lectures, and your story, and then there's of course Louis."

"I'm sorry," Harry said, looking down in his lap. "I didn't even... sorry."

"It's okay," Niall said. "I just miss my best friend. Can we perhaps do something just for the two of us this upcoming week?"

"Of course," Harry said. "I would love that."

Niall smirked. "Good, I was thinking... laser tag and then a homemade dinner?"

Harry grinned. "I'm in."

"Also," Niall said, "don't understand me the wrong way, I love the fact you have Louis. I've never seen you this happy before."

Harry blushed slightly. "Thank you."

"I'm glad you have found a person to love. You deserve it,"

"I really do love him," whispered Harry. "He makes me feel so at peace."

Niall smiled softly. "Have you told him yet?"

Harry shook his head. "It's funny, I have read so many romance stories before, read a thousand romantic ways to say those three words, but none of them are good enough for Louis. Does that make sense? He deserves to be taken by utter surprise in the most beautiful moment. Something he'll be able to remember."

Niall scoffed. "You're such a sap."

Harry shrugged. "I'm thinking about doing it this weekend."

"Alright. That's really good, yeah." Niall nodded. "Another thing. Our landlord is gonna give us papers to sign at the beginning of summer for the upcoming year. Maybe you should take into consideration if you wanna sign them or not."

"What do you mean?" Harry asked, confused.

Niall shrugged, smirking. "Think about it."

"About what?" Harry asked, perplexed.

"Oh Harold, your brain is so slow," Niall laughed. "No time for more talk, go to your boyfriend. Have an amazing weekend."

"Uh-huh."

Niall pulled Harry into a hug. "And don't you dare forget about our laser tag date!"

"I wouldn't dream of it."

Harry excited Niall's room a minute later, his eyes landing on Louis who was sitting on top of the kitchen counter.

Louis grinned. "Ready to have the best weekend ever?"

* * *

Louis on a motorbike was one of the hottest things Harry had ever seen. And sitting behind him on it made him feel all kinds of things.

The trip to the forest was forty-five minutes, so once there, Harry was freezing his ears off. But he beamed at Louis as he parked the motorbike in a small shed by the path that led up to the cabins.

"There a loads of cabins," Louis explained. "The owner lives in cabin thirteen. We have to find that first, then she'll show us ours."

Harry intertwined their fingers. "Sounds great," he said.

Bags on their backs, they began walking up the path. Soon, cabins showed in their vision.

"It's giving Camp Halfblood," Harry said, overlooking it.

The corner of Louis' lips quirked up. "You like Percy Jackson?"

"Question is, who doesn't?"

Louis pulled him in for a long, deep kiss.

They quickly found cabin thirteen. A small building built in wood with dark tiles. The windows were framed in white wood, and the door was a deep forest green. Louis knocked on it.

A minute later, it opened, showing a small lady who looked to be in her sixties. Her hair was grey, pulled back in a tight ponytail, and she regarded them with a smile. "Hello."

"Hi," Louis said, "you must be Miss Sullivan? We have rented a cabin under the name Tomlinson."

"Ah, yes!" Miss Sullivan said. "Let me just get the keys for you." She retreated back into her cabin, emerging a minute later with a bundle of keys in her hand. "Follow me. You have cabin six."

They followed her past a couple of cabins and stopped in front of one near the beginning of the path. "This is it. There's one bedroom, a bathroom, and a small living room. Of course a kitchen. Food can be bought in one of the nearby small towns. The one closet is only fifteen minutes by bike. There is fresh bedding ready in there, and extra pairs ready to go. Should anything get ruined, contact me immediately, and then we'll solve it. The lake is not far from here, just follow the signs. Otherwise, just enjoy your stay."

"Thank you so much," Harry said. "It looks cosy."

Miss Sullivan smiled happily. "I'm glad you think so." She handed Harry the keys. "Take great care of these. Oh, and another thing, before you leave on Sunday the place needs to look like it does now. No big messes. Hand the keys in as the last thing you do."

"Understood," Louis said. He was beaming.

Miss Sullivan chuckled. "I'll leave you two to it, then. Goodbye."

She walked off, and Louis turned to Harry with gleaming eyes. "Ready, Baby?"

Harry nodded, his dimples pooling in his cheeks. He held up the keys. "Race you." He ran for the door, even though the trip was a short one, Louis following him closely. They skidded in the gravel, Harry resting his hand against the rough wall of the cabin.

"Unlock the door," Louis laughed, swinging his arms around Harry's waist from behind. "I wanna see the inside."

Harry cackled, inserting the key into the keyhole. "You saw the pictures online."

"Everything is better in real life, you know that," scoffed Louis as Harry opened the door.

They entered into a tiny hallway. There were hooks on the wall where they could put their jackets. On their left, there was a door, one opposite to that, and another one at the end of the hallway. Harry shouldered off his backpack and placed it by the front door. Louis did the same, and they hung their coats on the hooks. Their shoes they put off to the side.

"Alright, so this should be the bathroom," Louis said and opened the door on the left. He looked inside. "Yep, it is. Looks great. We are gonna have to use the bathtub while we are here."

Harry smirked, looking into the bathroom over Louis' shoulder. "Oh yeah?"

The bathroom had midnight blue tiles, light brown walls, a long counter with a mirror above it, and a sink. The toilet was in the corner, and next to it was the bathtub and shower built in one.

"Yes, we so are," Louis said. He looked over his shoulder. "That door should lead to the bedroom. Check it."

Harry reached over and opened the door. The hinges squeaked slightly as the door opened, and Harry's eyes landed on a queen-sized bed, a closet so big he could probably stand in it, and a fan in the ceiling that cast shadows over it all. There also was a dresser almost as broad as it was long underneath the window.

"Yup, bedroom," Harry said. "This is so cosy."

Louis appeared by his side, kissing Harry's cheek. "I know. It's fucking great."

"You are," Harry softly said.

Louis blushed. "Let's go see the kitchen and living room, yeah?"

Harry nodded and they went for the last door. The kitchen was small and cosy, the cabinets forest green—Harry was beginning to notice a pattern—and the fridge full of different small magnets. A small piece of paper was also on the fridge.

Louis read, "'Leave a magnet if you want for future renters! Smiley.'"

"When we go buy dinner we should get one," Harry said. "A really cute one."

"We can't get one of your face, darling."

Now it was Harry's turn to blush.

The living room was built in extension with the kitchen. There was a black leather couch and a television. There were shelves filled with board games and books and a small table with four chairs around meant for eating.

"I love everything about this," Louis wistfully sighed.

"Me too," Harry said. He walked to Louis, placing his hands on the other man's waist. "Can't wait to spend the weekend with you."

Louis grinned, pecking Harry's lips. "I've been excited about it ever since you visited me at work."

Harry smiled softly. "A small getaway before exams." He let out a groan, hiding his face in Louis' neck. "I would rather just stay here forever."

Louis chuckled, running his hands up under Harry's sweater. His hands were slightly cold against Harry's skin, but Harry didn't mind it at all. "I know, sweetheart. We'll get through it, and then summer soon, yeah?"

Harry nodded, kissing behind Louis' ear. He leaned back, taking in the sight before him. "Remember, when it gets warmer we are gonna go home to you and swim in the lake."

Louis smiled softly. "How could I forget that?"

Harry dipped down to kiss him. "Just giving you a reminder."

Louis rolled his eyes fondly. "Do you wanna go to the nearest store and buy food supplies and that magnet for the fridge?"

Harry grinned and nodded. "I would absolutely love that."

* * *

"Which one?" asked Louis, looking at all the different magnet options.

Harry pursed his lips. "What about the avocado one?"

Louis raised an eyebrow at him.

"Alright, guess not."

Louis kissed his cheek.

"Okay, so... oh!" Harry snatched one from the pile. "This!"

Louis looked at him, laughing. "Guess we are not gonna have sex in front of the fridge now."

"Were we gonna do that anyway?" Harry asked.

Louis shrugged. "You never know with us."

"Touché."

"So that's it?"

Harry nodded, looking down at the magnet that portrayed Jesus peeking in from the side and the text 'I Saw That' on the right side of the small square. A chuckle escaped his lips.

"What are you laughing at?" Louis asked, rolling their casket along.

Harry shrugged, jogging up to the casket. He put the magnet down next to the carrots. "I'm just happy, I suppose."

Louis beamed at him.

* * *

They were lying on the couch, some random soap opera playing on the television. Louis was playing with Harry's hair, braiding small braids into it. They had finished dinner half an hour ago—burgers.

Harry reached into his pocket, pulling out his phone. He hadn't checked it in hours. An email was waiting in his inbox. From Miss Olsen. His heart sped up slightly and he quickly clicked in on it.

Dear Harry,

This story is truly something, captivating, and I think that many people would be interested in reading it. When I say "from here" I mean we should discuss how to get this story out in the world if that's something you want.

Harry sat upright, his lips parted.

"Is something wrong, Baby?" asked Louis.

Harry shook his head slowly. "No," he slowly said, "no, not at all. Oh my God."

"Love, what's happening?" Louis asked softly.

Silently, Louis gave him the phone so he could read over the emails. He watched as Louis' expression changed with each word. Finally, he looked up, said, "Oh my God, Haz."

Harry nodded, wetting his lips. "I hadn't even thought about it becoming a book. I'm still taking the education, I never expected for it to be this early on..."

Louis grasped his hand. "Do you want for it to become a book?"

Harry nodded. "I really do."

Louis smiled softly. "Then do it, sweetheart. I believe in you. You have the talent and determination, and you have help right at your hand."

Harry tilted his head to the side, looking softly at Louis. "Thank you, Babe."

Louis leaned in close, pecking Harry's lips. "I'll always be here for you." Butterflies. "Now give her a reply."

"Right, yes," Harry let out, quickly getting to work with typing a reply. He hit send and placed his phone on the table. "I can't fathom that this is happening."

Louis kissed his cheek. "You deserve it."

Harry exhaled, turning to Louis. He crawled into his lap, settling his hands on Louis' shoulders.

Louis grinned. "Hello there."

"Hi." Harry dipped down to kiss him, long, soft, and languid. He pulled away. "You're incredible, you know?"

Louis' hands found Harry's waist. "I can only say the same."

Harry grinned, dipping down for another kiss. This time he didn't move away, tangling his fingers in Louis' hair.

Louis parted his lips, moving his tongue against Harry's. He moaned as Harry ground down on him. They parted for a few seconds, Louis saying with a smirk, "I see where this is going."

Harry rolled his hips, his lips attaching to Louis' neck. "I need you."

"Fuck," Louis cursed, running his hands through Harry's curls. "I need you too—ah—so much."

"Please take me to bed," whispered Harry. "I wanna show you just how thankful I am for you."

Louis bucked his hips up, whimpering. "Please."

Harry stood up, holding his hand out for Louis to take. Louis let himself get pulled up, their chests aligning. He reached behind Harry, cupping his arse. Squeezed. Harry moaned.

"Exactly how do you wanna show it?" murmured Louis, scraping his teeth along Harry's neck.

Harry whimpered, craning his neck to be side. "I... I wanna give you a show."

"Mhmm, how so?"

"I wanna ride you," Harry let out. "Open myself up, and... and just have you watch."

"Fuck," mumbled Louis. "Fuck, okay. Alright. Yes." He intertwined their fingers between them. "Come on, let's go. Bedroom. Now."

Harry chuckled, letting himself get pulled along out of the living room, into the hallway, and into the bedroom.

The minute he stepped inside, Louis slammed him against the wall. He claimed Harry's lips with his own, biting down on Harry's bottom lip. Harry moaned, pressing himself against Louis.

"Fuck, Babe."

Louis grinned, tugging at Harry's sweater. "I need this off. Now."

"Your wish is my command," Harry said, pulling the sweater over his head. He threw it somewhere off to the side, and it landed with a low thud.

Louis tugged at Harry's jeans waistband. "These too."

"Nuh-uh," Harry said. "Something for something." He trailed his finger along the hem of Louis' crewneck. "Off with it."

"Since when did you become so commanding?" Louis mischievously asked, but complied and threw his crew neck off to the side.

Both shirtless, they led their hands explore like many times before. Louis twisted Harry's nipple. Harry cried out. Harry scratched at Louis' back, and Louis arched it, groaning.

"Jeans. Now," Louis hissed. "Need them off."

Harry wet his lips, unbuttoning his trousers. He kicked them off to the side, cupping himself through his boxers. He hissed at the contact.

"Already quite worked up there, aren't you?" grinned Louis. He placed his hands on Harry's waist, fingers playing with the hem of Harry's boxers. Two fingers followed Harry's happy trail, slipping underneath the fabric.

Harry held his breath, leaning his head back against the wall. "Fucking tease."

Louis raised an eyebrow. "Sweetheart, I'm merely touching you."

Harry rolled his eyes and cupped Louis' face in his palms. He pulled his face close, said, "Whatever," and let their lips collide.

Louis moaned into Harry's mouth, his hand making its way fully into Harry's boxers. He took Harry in his hand, stroking lightly. Harry whimpered, eyes closed shut.

Louis smirked against him. "This alright?"

Harry panted, nodding. "Yeah, fuck—ah—it's great, but what happened to me... riding—"

Louis shushed him. "We have all night. Besides, I'd like to make sure you know just who is in control before we get to that, Baby."

Harry whimpered, fingers raking through Louis' hair. "Fuck, you can't just say stuff like."

"Just did." Louis retreated his hand. "Boxers off, love. Wanna see you."

Harry quickly complied, boxers soon joining the jeans.

"That's it," mumbled Louis, grasping Harry's arse. He let his lips ghost over Harry's throat as he spread him open. "So... you wanna do all the work today, hm?"

"Yeah," whimpered Harry. "I wanna make you feel so good."

"You always do," Louis softly spoke. "But I'm not stopping you." He took a step back, pulling down his sweatpants. Boxers, too. He moved onto the bed, lying with his back to the headboard as he looked at Harry. He raised an eyebrow. "Better get started, love. I'm impatient."

Harry swallowed. "Fuck, alright. Let me just..." He scurried over to his bag on the floor and did quick work of finding lube and a condom.

With that in his hands, he quickly joined Louis on the bed. He straddled Louis' thighs. Louis' hands found Harry's hips, settling there. "Whatcha waiting for, Baby?"

"Nothing," Harry rushed out. "Nothing at all." He put the condom aside and quickly poured a bit of lube on his fingers. Not as much as Louis normally used. Harry liked the feel of the stretch, especially when it sometimes became a bit too much.

"Don't need more?" Louis asked.

Harry wet his lips, smirking as he reached behind himself. "Wouldn't you like that, hm?"

"What if it hurts too—"

Harry shushed him by placing his free index finger over Louis' lips. "I've got it—ah." Harry's eyelids fluttered as he pressed his index finger against his rim. He pushed it further in, breaching. "Fuck."

Louis' eyes glued to Harry's face as Harry began thrusting the finger in and out. "Fuck, I love your facial expressions so much." He lifted his hand, ghosting his fingers over Harry's jaw. "And I'm the only one who gets to see it."

"Only you," panted Harry as he added another finger. He ground down on his own hand, moaning. "Fuck, it feels so fucking good."

Louis started stroking himself, eyes intent on Harry. "You look so beautiful like this."

Harry's cheeks turned crimson, and he was just about to reply, but then his fingers brushed his prostate, and, instead, he cried out. His thighs were already aching and he wondered if he was going to be able to ride Louis all the way to climax.

He hoped he could.

He added a third finger, opening himself up the best he could. His eyes were scrunched shut and he was absently rocking his hips over Louis' thighs. "Almost ready," he whimpered, opening his eyes. They landed on Louis, fringe sticking to his forehead, hand moving over his cock.

Harry grabbed Louis' wrist. "I think you've had enough fun with that," he said.

Louis smirked. "Can't help it when you look like that."

Harry rolled his eyes fondly, pulling his fingers out of himself. He hissed slightly. Louis raised an eyebrow at him, but Harry waved him off.

He reached for the condom and lube. He opened the condom package, rolling it over Louis' cock. Now it was Louis' turn to hiss at the contact.

Harry grinned mischievously. "Sensitive?"

"Your fault," Louis said on an exhale.

"Mhmm, sure." Harry grabbed the lube bottle, poured it into his palm, and with a few strokes he lubed up Louis.

Harry wet his lips, bracing himself. It was always so overwhelming, the feeling of having Louis enter his body. So overwhelming and so, so good. He moved further up, his arse hovering over Louis' cock.

Louis' hands settled on Harry's hips. "You sure you're ready?"

Harry nodded. "I am." He reached behind himself, lining Louis up with his entrance. He inhaled deeply, and with that, he sunk down. Louis breached him, and Harry faintly remembered promising to give him a show, so he made an extra lot of sounds as he sunk down. Moan, whimpers, small puffs of air.

Louis held his breath, only exhaling when Harry was fully sat in his lap. "So fucking tight, Baby. So fucking good around me."'

How Harry just loved being praised.

Almost as much as he loved being punished.

Almost.

Harry placed his hands on either side of Louis' face and slowly began lifting himself up. His thighs ached, but the glide of Louis in him made it bearable. He arched his back, whimpering as he lowered himself again.

Louis was panting beneath him, eyes set on Harry.

Harry began bouncing faster, a rhythm setting into his movements. He clenched the sheets next to Louis' face. A thin layer of sweat coated his whole body. When he changed his angle slightly, and Louis touched his prostate, he cried out.

Louis scratched his fingers along Harry's back, whispering low praises.

"...so good... does it so good... that's it, just like that..."

His words encouraged Harry to keep going, probably for longer than he should have. His legs hurt with every movement. Louis seemed to notice.

"Baby, you're getting tired," Louis softly said. "Want me to take over?"

Harry shook his head. "No," he gasped as Louis once again touched his prostate. "Want to... want to..."

"Are you close?" Louis panted. "Like, really close?"

Harry wet his lips, shaking his head. "No." He hung his head between his shoulders. "Sorry, I didn't expect it to be so—"

"Hey." Louis cupped his face, and Harry stilled his movements. "It's okay. Riding is really draining, it's okay, and you did so well. It felt so fucking good. Still does." He cast his eyes down to where their bodies connected, eyes dark. "If you'd like, I can take over?"

Harry sighed, hoisting himself up one last time so Louis slipped out of him. "Please." He dropped himself on the bed next to Louis.

Louis propped himself up on his elbow, looking down at Harry. He caressed his jaw. "See that dresser over there?" He looked over to the overly large drawer underneath the window.

Harry nodded.

"I want you to bend over it and just take it, like the good boy you are, alright?"

Harry whimpered low in his throat. "Fuck, alright... I can, yeah." He quickly moved off the bed, Louis following him.

"Just bend over it and grab the edges—yes, just like that, good." Louis settled behind Harry, letting his arms trail down over his back. Lower back. Arse. He let one finger slip into Harry, and Harry's lips parted in surprise. He clutched the edges of the dresser, eyes drawing shut. His cock was heavy between his legs, his mind hazy with need.

"Lou," he whimpered. "I... I need you in me again."

Louis hummed, retreating his finger. "You just need it so badly, don't you?" He let his finger trail over Harry's left arse cheek before planting a hard slap on it.

Harry let out a surprised gasp, followed by a low moan. "Fuck, yes, I do." He spread his legs further. "I need you so badly."

Louis hummed. "Such a slut for it, aren't you?"

And... that was a new one.

One Harry really liked.

He nodded rapidly, whimpering. "Please."

"Well, when you ask so nicely..." Harry felt as Louis lined himself up with Harry's entrance, and the breath got knocked out of him when Louis thrust inside.

"Fuck."

Louis' fingers tangled in the back of Harry's hair as he began fucking into him with hard thrusts. "Fuck, so good, Baby. Feels so fucking good."

Harry couldn't muster a reply, the only sound escaping his lips being moans and whimpers. It might not have been the show he wanted to put on, but Louis surely seemed to enjoy it.

Harry was getting closer and closer by the minute, his eyes clenched shut. Louis was groaning behind him, hands tugging on Harry's hair strands. Harshly. That was enough to send Harry over the edge, and he came with a cry. A few thrusts later, and Louis stilled, coming as well. He hid his face in Harry's neck as spasms soured through his body.

For a few minutes, they just breathed together, but then Louis carefully pulled out. "Come to bed with me," he gently spoke, running his hands over Harry's shoulder blades. "You did so well."

Harry slowly straightened his back, turning to Louis. His whole body was tired. He yawned. "I wanna sleep."

Louis hummed in agreement. "Let's do that, sweetheart, and future bestseller."

"Ah, you're pushing it," said Harry, but he couldn't contain his grin.

* * *

Harry woke before Louis the following morning and with a kiss on Louis' forehead, he went to take a quick shower to wash the remains of last night away.

Then, only wearing his sweatpants, he went to the kitchen. In the corner on the kitchen counter, there was a radio, and Harry turned it on, Rolling In The Deep currently playing. He hummed along as he took the ingredients he and Louis had bought for pancakes out of the fridge. He mumbled a low apology to Jesus about his sins—as a joke, he really couldn't care less, and set to work.

Halfway through baking the pancakes, the cutest sight in the world appeared in the doorway. Louis, wearing nothing but the duvet draped around his body, hair sleep-ruffled, looked at him with a faint smile. "Hi," he spoke. He walked up to Harry, resting his cheek on Harry's shoulder. "Why didn't you wake me up?"

Harry shrugged, kissing the crown of Louis' head. "I wanted to surprise you with breakfast."

Louis nuzzled his face closer to Harry's neck, inhaling. "Have I ever mentioned how hot I find it when you cook? Especially shirtless."

Harry snorted, shaking his head amusedly as he flipped a pancake. "No, I don't believe you have."

"Well I do," Louis said matter-of-factly. His fingers traced down Harry's spine to his arse. "Mind if I get a quick snack while you're cooking?"

"I'm not sure we have any—"

Louis let the tip of his fingers slip beneath Harry's waistband. "I meant you, darling."

Harry's cheeks reddened. "What happened to not in the kitchen?"

Louis raised an eyebrow and reached for the fridge. He grabbed Jesus, and placed him on the counter, face down. Harry cackled. "I think we'll manage."

Harry wet his lips, heart pounding. He poured some new dough onto the pan. "I think so, too."

"Great." Louis let the duvet fall to the ground, and he moved to his knees behind Harry. He said, "Try not to burn the breakfast, Baby," and pulled Harry's sweats down.

* * *

"Wanna go for a walk in the forest?" Louis later asked. "We can go see that lake."

Harry turned over where he was lying on the couch so he was on his stomach. He propped his chin up on his palm, a soft smile touching his lips. "It's getting dark soon, Lou."

"Soon being the keyword, darling," Louis said. "It's not that far away, we can make it down there and back in time."

Harry wet his lips. "Promise to hold my hand if there are scary animals?"

Louis chuckled fondly. "I promise to hold your hand through everything this world will ever put on your shoulders."

Harry's heart skipped a beat. "You're a sap."

"You love it."

I love you.

For obvious reasons, Harry didn't say that.

Not yet.

It didn't feel right yet.

"I do," he said instead.

Louis wriggled his eyebrows. "Saying words from our future?" His face turned red just as he had said it. "Wait—No, I didn't, I'm not assuming that—"

Harry burst out laughing and quickly stood up. He walked to where Louis was standing in the doorway and tackled him in a big hug. He hid his face in Louis' neck, saying, "You're not the only one assuming things, Babe."

It felt like Louis melted beneath Harry, a deep sigh escaping his lips. "Alright," he said, voice breathy with relief. "That just flew out."

"That's what she said."

Louis kissed him, a sparkle in his eyes as their lips parted once again. And Harry was sure, one hundred per cent, that the string of love between them wasn't only something he felt. It felt like it was igniting as they stood close, their eyes saying much more than their mouths.

The lake, Harry thought. I'll tell him I love him there.

"Tomorrow," Harry said as they took their shoes and coats on, "would you like to go for a jog? Before we drive back home, I mean."

Louis let out a puff of air. "I feel like I haven't been on a run for ages. I'm not sure I can keep up with you."

Harry shrugged. "I'll slow down for you."

Another sparkle touched Louis' eyes. "Alright," he said with a low chuckle, his gloved hands finding Harry's. "Let's do it."

Outside, they followed the path with the sign that said LA E. They could only assume that it was meant to say LAKE. Hand in hand they traveled along the path. The March air was refreshing, a promise of summer and warmer times right around the corner.

"It's beautiful," Louis said, looking up at the tall trees. "I love nature."

"I know you do," Harry said, squeezing Louis' hand. "We should have brought your camera. Lots of picture options."

"Guess it's just an excuse to come here once more," Louis said.

Harry smiled at the ground. "I wouldn't mind."

The end of the path neared, and Harry could see the outline of the lake. Surprisingly, he didn't feel nervous about telling Louis that he loved him.

"Wow," Louis let out, awe filling his voice.

Harry wet his lips, eyes searching the surface of the water that lay not far ahead. "Gosh, it's pretty."

The trees lined the lake, a protective shield from the world on the outside. The water was glistening, the sun reflecting in it. The shore was pure, white sand, a few big stones perched close to the water. There was no one else but them and the birds chirping, and that, somehow, made it even more magical.

They breached the line of trees, fully stepping into the small clearing that was surrounding the lake.

"It reminds me of your eyes," Harry found himself saying.

Louis blushed. "Shut up, or I might blush."

Harry kissed his cheek. "Too late, Babe."

Louis rolled his eyes fondly and let go of Harry's hand. He stepped closer to the water, sitting down in the sand right in front of where the water and land met. He patted the spot next to him. "Come here."

Harry quickly complied, moving to sit next to Louis. Louis' hand found Harry's thigh, and he breathed in deeply.

"Thank you for this weekend, Haz."

Harry smiled softly. "I can only say the same."

"And thank you for you." Louis reached up to tuck a curl behind Harry's ear. "My life has gotten so much better since you entered it."

Harry's heart skipped a beat. "Louis, I—"

"AndIloveyou." The words were rushed, but the sentiment clear.

Harry's eyes opened wide, his lungs malfunctioning for a few seconds. "What?"

"I just... needed to get it out," breathed Louis. "I was planning to tell you on this trip, but it never seemed right, so I just—"

Harry shut him off by kissing him, long and hard. Louis gasped against his lips, parting his own.

Harry pulled away, their forehead resting together. "I was planning on saying it too. Like, right now. I was about to... but... fucking mind reader."

Louis smirked slightly. "Tell me what, exactly?"

"That I love you, of course," Harry breathed. "That I am so, so in love with you that I might combust."

A small smile touched Louis' lips. "Yeah?"

Harry nodded. "Yeah. I love you." How he had waited to be able to say that.

A small giggle escaped Louis' lips, and he kissed Harry, short and warm. "I love you too, my love."

Now was Harry's turn to melt.

"I wanna stay in this moment forever," he whispered. "Just you and me and the quietness of this place."

"We will return," Louis said, "I promise. Next year. And the year after that. And the one after that, and all the other ones to come."

"Can we bring our cat at some point?" Harry asked.

"What makes you think we'll have a cat?" Louis asked.

"I know we will."

"You're right, I can't resist you."

Harry chuckled at that. "Can we... bring our kids as well?"

Louis smiled softly. "Of course we can. We will have to rent a bigger cabin at that point, though, but that will be no problem because you'll be a famous author who sells books worldwide."

Harry nuzzled his face into the crook of Louis' neck. "God I love you."

Louis kissed his temple. "I love you too, love."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.3K 159 39
Harry Styles never thought he'd finally end up at University; after everything his past had brought him, he was finally okay. He couldn't have been h...
10.9K 471 62
Louis Deakin (Tomlinson) attends a university and he is forced to move in with a strange boy, named Harry Styles. There are two things you should kno...
151K 5.7K 10
Louis is an eighteen year old university student with an anxiety disorder. His only friend is Niall, who outshines Louis with his smarts and his pers...
1.2M 49.1K 17
Eighteen year old Harry Styles just graduated high school and landed a summer job as a water boy for his favorite football team. His job description...