𝐓𝐇𝐄 π…πŽπ‘π„π•π„π‘ π‹πˆπ…οΏ½...

By MeriTheWind

❝𝚈𝚘𝚞 πšπš˜πš—'𝚝 πš—πšŽπšŽπš 𝚝𝚘 πš‹πšŽ πšœπšŒπšŠπš›πšŽπš 𝚘𝚏 πšπš‘πšŽ πšœπšπšŠπš’πš›πšœ. πšƒπš‘πšŽπš’ πšŠπš›πšŽ πš—πš˜πš πšπš˜πš’πš—πš... More

CHARACTERS
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32

CHAPTER 8

168 5 0
By MeriTheWind

REVELATION
_____________
꒷꒦꒷꒷꒦❦꒦꒷꒦꒷꒷

"Now that we have discussed your living situation, we can move on to the Volturi," Carlisle said. He had discreetly forced Bree to share information about herself. She felt like she had no choice but to reveal some to the man, as he had done so, placing her in an uncomfortable position of sharing her personal information.

She had tried her best to say as little as possible, hoping the vampire before her wouldn't press for more. It had partially succeeded. The girl had told him her full name and more about Riley, like he had requested. After that, the leader had asked her to stay with the coven, explaining how everyone involved would benefit from it to the fullest degree. They had come to an agreement where the newborn would be let go as soon as her newborn year was over and she could control herself better. She had decided to take the offer, suspecting it was her only chance to eventually get away from the dangerous coven. The other option would have cost her life or imprisoned her fully to the house she was in.

"Bree?" Carlisle said, his amber eyes glued to her.

"Yeah," the young teen answered. Her body twitched under his gaze. She didn't like when people stared at her. It made her feel vulnerable.

"We need to discuss what happened with the Volturi after you escaped." Worry stretched over the blond leader's face, overtaking his calm demeanour. "They feel quite humiliated for letting a newborn escape from their grasp. I fret about what they ought to do."

Bree looked down on her feet. She felt her nervousness spike. It raced inside of her against the odd, growing calmness, trying to defeat it.

"The volturi are not easily forgiving. You broke the law in their eyes, even if you did not know any better. They want to punish you and kill you for your crimes. However, I feel Aro will take an interest in your power," he continued silently. "It will be beneficial for you. He might want to chat with you and see if you want to join his coven."

"H-his coven?" Bree's eyes widened. She lifted her head, feeling uneasiness slither into her body, wrapping itself against her heart. She certainly did not want to join any coven, no matter how desperately she wanted to live.

"He won't, of course, force you to join, but I doubt he will let you away easily. Your power is quite interesting. I have never seen something like it in my time of being alive, and I doubt Aro has seen either." Carlisle sighed, moving his fingers against each other. His elbows touched the table, holding his hands up in the air. "I fear he will bring Chelsea when the time comes for the Volturi guards to arrive back here."

"Back here?" the young teen repeated, her body tightening from the words. She felt a surge of terror once again splash inside her marble-like body. The emotion was way too familiar to her now. She hoped to be able to throw it away and forbid it to ever torment her again. She was so sick of it.

"The Volturi guards left us with the promise of their return. We were demanded to catch you and imprison you before they would come back in two weeks," Carlisle explained.

Cold shudders went over the girl. She was going to die, after all.

The blond man looked at Bree. "We don't want to lock you into the house, so I hope you will still willingly stay here like we already discussed earlier. If the Volturi spares you, we will continue with our agreement and let you go when you stop being a newborn." Waiting for her response, he pursed his lips together.

"I don't want to die,'' Bree retorted. She instinctively tried to back down, but realised she was sitting on a chair.

"I know. I wish things could go differently, but we cannot defy the Volturi. It would end badly for our family," Carlisle said. His eyes stared apologetically at her. "But there is still hope; they might let you live."

The teen flipped through her mind, trying to find a way to convince the man to help her. She liked to think of her mind as a book. It had its own table of contents and index, designed to make searching for something even easier. She could always refer to one of them and try to locate the words she was looking for. Sadly, it did not help her much this time. She came up with absolutely nothing about a way to convince her capturer. Worry bordered her mind, stopping before entering it. It was almost like something was blocking it from emerging, leaving her to simply feel calm in the midst of her mind's frantic search.

The leader took her silence as acceptance, relaxing his sitting position. "Perhaps it's time to let you go. I'm sure you want to be alone for a while. Let your mind rest after everything that has happened so far." He stood up from the black leather chair he was sitting on, walking around the table closer to Bree. His shoes groaned as they came into contact with the wooden floor. "I'm sure my wife, Esme, has cleaned a room for you. She is coming down the stairs to show it to you."

The girl turned around to hear a silent creek as a door opened behind her. The office she had been sitting in for hours, finally letting her leave the room. She did not need to be told twice to leave. Her body shot up from her comfortable prison seat, starting to make its way to the woman standing hospitable on the door.

"I hope you have a pleasant stay here. You can come to me if you have any troubles." Carlisle's voice spoke behind her, filling her with an odd feeling. She didn't know what to think of the words said to her. No one had ever voluntarily offered anything like that to her before. She had always made sure to solve her own problems; after all, she had been taught that it was selfish to push your own problems on others, and even more so if someone helped to solve them.

She decided not to trust the leader's words. He could be trying to trick her into opening up even more, which she couldn't let happen. It was too dangerous. She was anxious from just playing with the idea in her head.

"Follow me, dear." Bree looked up to remember the caramel-haired woman. She was standing by the doorway in a flower-patterned dress. It moved gently from the teen's fast spurt of movement.

"I should come with you," the scarred boy said, stepping forward. He and the hulk-like man had stayed silent for the whole conversation, simply observing the newborn's movements. He had tensed his muscles every time she dared to even flicker her gaze at the windows.

"There is no need for that. I doubt Bree will do anything rash, right, dear?" Esme dropped her warm, amber eyes on the young teen.

Bree glanced around the room, feeling suddenly hyperaware of everyone's eyes on her. "I- '' her mouth opened, ready to assure she didn't need any more babysitters, but was interrupted by a silvery voice.

"Absolutely not! She is going to take a bath and then try some outfits on. I don't want to hear from you before all of that is done, Jazz. I certainly hope you don't want to pry on naked ladies." A tiny black-haired girl danced to the scenery, lifting her chin challengingly at the southern boy. "Bree will be fine. I can't see any problems rising."

The boy lifted his lips to a small smile. "I don't, ma'am. I'm satisfied with seeing only one undressed girl, if granted permission to see her." Jasper's words puzzled Bree. She didn't understand what he was trying to imply. However, the pixie-like girl next to her seemed to giggle at the vampire's words, making her suspect that at least she knew what he was talking about.

"Jasper! We have a child in the room." Esme gasped, grabbing Bree protectively in her grasp. The sudden touch made the newborn tighten her muscles and withhold a small hiss, almost escaping from her lips. She wasn't a child. She had just turned sixteen before turning into a vampire. That very least made her a teenager.

The boy glanced at Bree and then at the woman. "Sorry."

"We should go hunting later today." Alice smiled cheekily, forwarding her words to the southern-accented vampire. Her concentration switched to the young girl.

"Let's go! You need to be fixed," the pixie exclaimed, nudging her out of the door to freedom from the dreary office.

//Merry Christmas to everyone who celebrates it!🎄🎅

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20K 607 17
An abnormal vampire, Y/N Newton finds herself living on the Cullens' territory. She tries to avoid them, but the Cullens have other plans. Y/N slowly...
111K 2.4K 43
In which Bella wasn't Edward's true mate. Over a hundred years ago, Jasper had a friend in the army. When he suddenly disappeared, she resigned and w...
55.6K 1.5K 14
"We get so high and then we fall down. Your not my home anymore, Jasper. You hurt me by walking away and you just walking back into my life isn't goi...
131K 3.5K 25
"You shouldn't have come" Β° Β° Β° After leaving the Cullen and her brother, Irene is travelling around the world, running away from the Volturi. Leavin...