The Broken and the Rogue āœ“

By DreamieAster

"I want to let them know that they can't have you, I want everyone to know who your true mate is." ... More

0
Ch. 1: The leader of the rogues
Ch. 2: New life or new prison?
Ch. 3: Breaking the rules
Ch. 4: The agreement
Ch. 6: A special kind of training
Ch. 7: The Spirits' Forest
Ch. 8: Time to Fight
Ch. 9: An Unexpected Situation
Ch. 10 The truth gets revealed
Ch. 11: Welcome to the Rogues
Ch. 12: The Jealousy of an Alpha
Ch.13: The Status of the Relationship
Ch. 14: Accepting the Feelings
Ch. 15: A Traditional Date
Ch. 16: A Passion that can't be contained
Ch. 17: Talking about the past
Ch. 18: Sweet revenge
Ch. 19: A new problem arises
Ch. 20: Karma's a bitch
Final chapter: The Luna of the rogues

Ch. 5: Meeting the team

483 55 66
By DreamieAster

Just don't be awkward. I remember myself as I walked down the stairs to have my first breakfast with the members of the rogues.

I had no intention of making friends, it's not like I would know how to do it. My whole life had been lonely, my bullies were my only company and they didn't expect anything from me. 

Still, despite my refusal to socialize, it would be almost impossible to get into the group without any help. And considering the future, it would not be easy to fulfill my tasks in the group if I did not have at least a civil relationship with my colleagues.

So with the least threatening face I could muster I opened the double doors to the dining room.

Just by stepping foot into the room I had all eyes on me. Ignoring my discomfort at the attention I was receiving, I walked towards an empty spot at the end of the glass table.

The wooden floor made a noise with my footsteps. It seemed like everything that could make the situation weirder was going to happen. The squeak of the chair when I moved it confirmed my theory. 

Fantastic. I was expecting a very tense breakfast.

Or so I thought.

"How are you feeling?" Xara asked me, sitting next to me.

"Much better than when I arrived, thank you," I smiled sincerely. She had done a lot to help me heal.

"That's good news, you're going to need to be in your best shape to face the trials," the shaved-haired young man I had met on the day of my escape told me.

"Are you going to train her, Artec?" A man I had never seen asked him. He fixed his glasses on his nose and his green eyes focused on me. "Zaziel said she's going to need help."

"Did he tell you that or did you see it on the surveillance cameras?" Darla asked, resting her hand on Artec's shoulder.

“He probably saw it while he was spying on her, Klaus always has to take a look at the newcomers,” Lion joined the conversation. 

"Don’t say it like that." Klaus threw a paper ball at Lion. "You make me look like I'm some kind of stalker."

"But did you see them or didn't you?" Artec asked, stroking Darla's hand. “Klaus is our tech guy, nothing escapes from him.” 

"I did, but I wanted to make sure nothing was going to happen. I still don't know her well enough to leave her alone with Zaziel unsupervised," Klaus defended himself, running his hand through his blonde hair.

"If there was any problem with it Zaziel could destroy her without even breaking a sweat," Lion commented. "She doesn't need us to watch his back."

The rest nodded. I focused on eating my breakfast but if it weren't for that I would have nodded too. There was no way that could be a threat to someone like Zaziel. 

Artec turned his body toward me from across the table. "So, are you going to need help with training?"

"Zaziel said you'd be happy to have a new student," I explained.

"He gets bored when he has nothing to do," Darla said, caressing Artec's cheek. "Even I would appreciate it if you entertained him a little, I'm getting tired of him following me even to the bathroom."

Artec tried to bite Darla's hand. "Don't be so mean, I'm your mate, we're supposed to be together."

"But not twenty-four hours a day," Xara defended Darla.

“That's what I tried to explain to him but he doesn't understand the concept of personal space,” said Darla. 

She turned out to be much more chatty than I had thought when she showed me my room. The mere presence of her mate made her serious expression relax, they seemed like the kind of couple that balanced between the two.

"I don't need to hear what you harpies have to say about my pure love." Artec moved his chair away from Darla's. "So, do you want to start today? I'd say it's in your best interest to use all the time available, even if you can't do much, at least I can teach you the basics."

"What if she already knows the basics?" Xara asked.

I finished eating and pushed the plate to the center of the table. "He's right, I need to learn everything. I don't have any experience fighting or hunting."

"She's doomed," Lion murmured

"I can assure you that with my training she will pass the tests without problems. Do you want to bet?" Artec said, stretching his arm towards Lion.

"No way in hell, I don't trust a cheater like you. The last time we bet you ended up stealing my money." Lion stood up from his place, carrying his plate with him. "See you in the training room."

"I have a job to do, I have to find someone for Zaziel," Klaus commented before leaving behind Lion.

Artec stretched his arms out and yawned. "I guess it's time to start moving." He turned to me. "Do you know where the training room is? I'll wait for you there after you change into something more appropriate for exercising."

I didn't know where the training room was, I tried to tell him that but Artec had already left with Darla. Xara also followed them out, muttering something about the patients waiting for her in the infirmary.

It doesn't matter, I’ll find it on my own. I thought before getting up from the table.

At least breakfast hadn't been as bad as I expected.

×

It took me half an hour to find the training room, it was hard to find my way in a mansion with so many hallways and turns. I could have made it there sooner if I had asked one of the members that I crossed while I was walking, but my pride didn't allow me to accept my loss.

From the outside of the room the sound of punches and talking could be heard. I imagined that there were a lot of members inside, more than I had seen at breakfast. I just hoped that they wouldn't want to talk to me, and if they did maybe I could use my lack of time before the tests as an excuse to focus on my training. 

"Ready to become a fierce warrior?" Artec asked me.

I shrugged. "I have the intention, I hope that counts."

He chuckled, "That'll be enough for now. Let's warm up so then I can see what I'm going to work with."

It was a day of diagnosis, at least that's what Artec called it. He wanted to see what my abilities and limits were before starting the training. The idea was that he could recognize my starting point to then put together my training plan.

I was in horrible shape. Just the warm-up was enough for my heart to ask for a break. My breathing was very labored and I could barely stand. All just by running on the treadmill and doing some stretches. After treating myself as a complete failure in my head I realized that I wasn't 

all my fault, it was also the fault of my family for all the torture they made me endure. 

With my body about to collapse, I sat on a bench for a minute, drinking water while I watched the other people. They moved as if it were as easy as opening and closing their eyes. No matter what they were doing, from lifting weights in the gym area, practicing their moves on the punching bags, or fighting each other in the ring that was in the middle of the room, everything seemed easy to them.

How was I going to win the second test?

At least I had my stubbornness on my side, maybe it wasn't one of my best qualities but when facing a challenge it was always useful.

Better to end up with a destroyed body than to earn the title of the weakest of the group. That thought helped me get up from my seat and get back to training.

Artec was as determined as I was to make me stronger. He seemed to be taking it as a personal challenge, if he managed to turn me into a decent fighter he could definitely call himself the best trainer.

"Why are you so excited to train me?" I asked him as I tried to copy the punches he had taught me against the punching bag.

"I want you to stay here with us, the only way that happens is if you win the trials."

"Again, why?"

He scratched the back of his neck. "I think it's going to be fun to see Zaziel suffer because his mate is with us."

"You are weird."

"Ow, how mean." He pretended his chest hurt. "You're perfect for Mr. Moodie. You're both equally insensitive. Zaziel deserves to suffer with his mate after he spent so much time making fun of me over Darla. Do me the favor of making his life miserable."

I stretched out my hand, "Consider it your payment for helping me train.”

Artec shook my hand. “I knew I liked you for a reason.” He pointed at the ring. “Look at him acting like he's invincible, he doesn't know what's about to attack him.” 

I did in fact look at him. It was impossible not to. 

Zaziel was in the middle of a fight and for some reason his shirt was left on the outside of the ring.

What a show-off.

And he had a lot to show off. 

I had no idea how the fight was going, the only thing I could see were his six packs and his muscular chest. He knew he had a sexy body, it was the only explanation I could find as to why Zaziel continued to strike poses while fighting that made his muscles look so irresistible.

How would it feel to be able to touch them? No, Roselyn, stop it.

I diverted my gaze toward Artec. It wasn't a good idea, the wink of his eye and the mocking smile of his made me understand that he had noticed my reaction to Zaziel.

"He's an idiot but he looks great, doesn't he?" he told me.

"Shut up, I was just paying attention to the fight."

"Whatever you say. In that case it won't affect you that he's coming over here."

I moved my head so fast that I almost lost my balance. Artec was right, Zaziel was getting closer, he smirked at me and slung his shirt over his right shoulder.

"Good luck." Artec patted me on the back and walked away.

Traitor. I thought we were in the same boat.

The alpha walked towards me painfully slowly. There was no doubt that he was doing it on purpose, he had no need to stop and greet the other members on his way but he did it anyway, and at all times his gaze remained stuck on me.

I could have escaped, with all the time it had taken him to reach me it wouldn't have been difficult to run to my room, but I wasn't going to give him the pleasure of being the person he wanted.

I refused to join his little game of hunter and prey.

"Did you enjoy my fight?" He asked me after catching up to me. "I could feel your gaze the whole time. It must have been interesting for you."

"I couldn't stop looking because I couldn't believe how full of yourself you are." I took a step towards him and raised my head. "Were you fighting or were you showing off?"

Zaziel tilted his head and whispered in my ear. "If it doesn't affect you then why do you avoid looking at my chest?"

I gulped. "Because unlike you I have some decency."

"Pup, don't lie to me, I can smell the change in your scent." He straightened up and wrapped his hand around my neck. "And it doesn't exactly smell like disgust, I would say it's the opposite."

I looked into his eyes, it was my way of challenging him although his gaze was making me weak inside. If I couldn't hide my scent at least I could control my body and show him that I didn't care. 

"Are you done yet? I have to keep training," I told him.

“Are you sure about that? I didn't see you practicing much while I was fighting, it seemed to me that you were distracted by me the entire time." He caressed my skin gently, sending a shiver down my spine. "Do you need me to leave because my presence is very distracting? You're going to have to get used to me, after all, I'm the alpha of this group."

"You can think all the nonsense you want to feed your ego, but let me train.”

"I see that you are going to insist on denying reality." Zaziel let go of my neck. He walked past me and before leaving he whispered one last phrase. "If you change your mind, you know you can come find me. I wouldn't mind having a taste, little mouse, you look delicious today.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

414K 11.2K 42
Hello everyone !! This is my first book and I hope u like this one . Feel free to comment and please do vote for the chapters u like . Alena...
9.7M 331K 46
(Completed) My back ran into the wood door as he held my arms at my side, my breath heavy and my knees weak. "Say it." He demanded. I shook my...
91.6K 6.2K 77
**Be warned this Book is for people 18 years and older.** Igor Pack, or better known as the Rogue Pack. They are dangerous. Unpredictable. Chaotic. W...
711 3 36
" The Rogues Series"-Book I ā¤ļø Helena wants nothing but to find her mate at the age of twenty two and when she did,It shocked the hell out of her. Sh...