Ishqiya

By roopdiaries

-•A collection of short stories•- Hai utna hi khubsurat meri kahani mein tera aana, Banaras ke ghat se jitna... More

Author
Dedication
-• Dil bimar •-
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
-• Qurbat •-
1.
Epilogue
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
-• Pehla Pyaar •-
Epilogue
notice
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
epilogue
Ishq
1.
2.
3.
5.
New story update♡
6.
Epilogue
New book♡
New book♡

4.

2.2K 194 77
By roopdiaries

N E I L

I lazily slumped on my cubic's office chair massaging my forehead. My head pained as if a ton of weight was placed on it. An exhausted sigh left my lips when I saw the whole office empty beside a few staff members who were called for an important meeting. I was in the middle of my master's while working alongside Dad in his office as an employee, imagine the Chairman's only son working as a normal employee. And phew! The workload was hectic. Bacche ki Jaan lekar manege!
[translation:Will be at peace at the cost of the child's life!]

I massage my temples when my phone pinged with an incoming message.

Jia~
Bhai! We reached safely, aur hamari hone wali bhabhi aapki yaadon meh khoi Hui hai!

[Translation: Brother! We reached safe6, and our future sister-in-law is lost in your memories!]

A smile grazed my lips and without thinking twice I dialled Jia's number. She answered in the third ring and I could hear banter and laughter from the other side.

"Get a life!", it was meri jaan's irritated voice and no doubt Jay was teasing her. Because my tamatar wouldn't get mad at anyone without any specific reason.

"Like yours? Nah! I would rather pass", my clown of a brother Jay was always behind her pulling her leg. That joker needs to be taught some valuable lessons.

"Why do you always tease her, don't get on her bad side, you idiot. Teri hone wali bhabhi hai! Sambhal ke chote bhai!", I decided to jump in before the two would have each other's neck. The atmosphere suddenly turned silent with my voice and I couldn't hear anything except their breaths.

[Translation:Why do you always take care of him, don't get on her bad side, you idiot. She is your future sister-in-law! Be aware younger brother]

I could feel my tamatar's innocent eyes roaming everywhere in search of me. And fck, I desperately missed her a lot. Just a few hours more love and then we would be together.

"Tamatar", I spoke pulling my one leg on the other and leaning back on the chair in a comfortable position. I could hear her taking deep breaths and soon I would be the reason to make her breathless. I would make her breathless!

"You there?", I asked again confused because of her no response, was she this angry with me that she didn't even want to speak with me? No! You can't be this insensitive with me tamatar

"Huh?", My baby's confused voice reached my ears and I visibly released

"Maine pucha kya chahiye tumhe?"
[Translation:I asked what do you want?]

"Tum", I could feel her biting her kissable lips and trying hard to control her profusely spread blush on her cheeks. I chuckled and I knew she was red like a tomato. My tamatar
[Translation: you]

"Mai toh tumhara hi hu! But on a serious note tell me what you want?", I questioned again with a big smile on my face, her voice spreading me with a homely warmth.
[Translation: I am all yours! But on a serious note tell me what you want?]

"I like flowers", she whispered after a pause. Suhana and her love for roses was never-ending. The girl was so crazy about those specific flowers that her dad and mere hone Wale Sasur ji planted a small rose garden for her in their backyard. [Translation: my would-be father-in-law]

"Toh mai varmaala leta hua aau?", I teased but my voice held a promise that I'd soon fulfil it no doubt. The tip of my ears turned red and my cheeks hurt from smiling for so long.
[Translation: so should I bring the varmaala?]

I was in love with Suhana Bajwa, I loved her a lot. It all started with a mere crush and ended with me falling deeply, madly and maniacally in love with her drop-dead gorgeous personality. It wasn't her beauty that attracted me, it was beyond the materialistic standards. The teenage version of me would have laughed at this madness but when I see myself in the mirror now, I see a new Neil who loves only his tamatar.

I thought that those momentary feelings would fade away over time but oh boy I was so wrong.

Because how can I love someone new, when every night I just dream of her? She feels like a home I have never been to, but felt like I have known my entire life. She is comfort, she's like falling asleep after a tiring day with a content smile. She makes me feel safe and no doubt I have fallen in love with her.

I remember when I was confused about my feelings and in a dilemma I went to Dadu, the answer to all my problems. And all he advised was, "Bacche! Tum apne Dil ki suno!", per yeh 'dhak-dhak' ka kya matlab hota hai dadu?*jokes apart*

[Translation: Child! You listen to your heart!

But what does this 'lub-dub' mean Grandpa??]

Just, a few hours I reminded myself and my impatient heart who wanted nothing but just a glimpse of the beauty who was the sole reason for all of my sleepless nights.

Quickly grabbing my car keys I dashed out of the building and typed a message to my father about my departure. My parents would join us at the village tomorrow afternoon while I was leaving now because I couldn't waste a single minute being away from her. let's go~~

After hours of travelling, I finally reached my destination and heaved a sigh of relief. I parked a vehicle near the parking and quickly descended the car. With hurried steps, I walked inside the iron bar gate only to be welcomed by Dadi.

"Aa gaya mera puttar! Sab badhiya?", She asked blessing me with a warm smile.
[Translation: My dear you arrived! Everything is alright in life?]

"ji dadi sab badhiya! Aap bataiye aap thik ho?", I gulped the water my eyes searching for the familiar pair of honey orbs,kaha ho meri jaan, ab aur kitna tadpaogi apne iss aashiq ko?
[Translation: Yes, grandma everything is all good! Tell me, are you okay?

Where are you my love, how much longer will you torment this lover of yours?]

"Sab upar Wale kamre meh hai, Jaa dekh le apni hone wali voti ko, kitna bekarar ho raha hai", dadi commented making the tip of my ears turn pink and heat travelling to my neck. I rubbed my neck in embarrassment as all the elders present laughed at me, "Aisa kuch nhi hai dadi"
[Translation: All all upstairs, go and see your future wife, gosh! You are being so anxious.

: there's nothing of that sort Grandma]

"Ha dikh hi raha hai, kitna betabi se fudak raha hai", she teased and I kept the glass on the table and quickly sprinted away from the spot ascending the stairs trying to escape from their teasing. It's like tit for tat, if I tease their beloved grandchild they pick at me.*huff*
[Translation:Yes, it can be seen how desperately he is fluttering.]

I heard laughter from the inside of the room and I peaked my head. There she was dressed in a kurti looking angelic and ethereal as always, her hair tied in a messy bun with a few tendrils escaping from the bun and flirting with her cheeks. Aisi uljhi najar unse hatati nahi, daat se reshami dor katati nahi
[Translation: Such a confused gaze does not go away from him, the silk thread does not get cut from the stopper]

"Kya yaar Keshav Bhai, aapko toh ek shayri tak nhi aati, abhi Nidhi kaise hi pategi aapse", Jia tsked at Keshav who looked at her with a bored expression
[Translation:What Keshav Bhai, you don't even know a single poetry, how will Nidhi get wooed with you now?]

"Keshav common yaar, mujhe Nidhi samjhe ker hi try karle, nhi toh kya hi hoga tera", my tamatar looked at him with her big curious eyes and Keshav gulped lost in thoughts
[Translation: common Keshav, think of me as Nidhi and at least try a bit, or else nothing's gonna happen to you]

"Gulaab jesi ho, gulaab lagti ho.
Halka sa bhi muskura do lajawab lgti ho", I decided to make my presence known at the very moment when Keshav tried opening his mouth. Vho meri tamatar ke liye shayri bolega? Not possible!
[Translation:You are like a rose, you look like a rose.
Smile even a little, you look amazing

:Will he recite poetry for my tomato? Not possible!]

Everyone stilled at their place especially my lady love who looked as if she had seen a ghost. Her back was turned towards me but her body language was enough for me to gauge her expressions. I briskly walked towards them and sat beside the love of my life not before freeing those luscious locks of hers from the trap of her claw clips. Her hairs cascade down her shoulder making her look prettier. tu itni khoobsurat hai Fidaa deedaar pe tere!
[Translation:You are so beautiful, look at me crazily lost in you]

My love stared at me with a shocked expression, her eyes wide like saucers and mouth open wide.

"Makki ghus jayegi janeman, muh band kar do", with my index finger I held her chin and closed her mouth which seemed to snap her out of her daze.
[Translation: A fly will enter, darling, shut your mouth.]

Everyone finally realised what was happening around them and started with their hootings and teasings but I cared less as I was busy taking in the beauty of my chaand ka tukda who blushed profusely.
[Translation: my piece of moon]

TIME SKIP

It was after dinner that all the family members were gathered around the bonfire in the cold chilling weather. Everyone sat in a circle basking in the warmth coming from the lit fire.

"Toh Neil puttar, teri Mummy Papa kab aa rhe hai?", it was Dadaji who initiated the conversation
[Translation: So Neil son, when are your mom and dad coming?]

"Dadaji vho kal dupahar tak aa jayenge", I replied to which he nodded
[Translation: Grandpa they will reach till tomorrow afternoon]

I shifted my attention back to my heart stealer who hadn't even glanced at me properly or decided to even share a word. All she did was run away and pass sneaky stares in my direction. I am not going to eat her out, well which I was but in a different way! But alas!

After some time all the elders retreated to their rooms leaving us youngsters in the lawn. I pouted with a frown trying to grab her attention while she sat in the middle of Sushant and Jia. My eyes connected with Sushant and I tried signalling him, and to my luck, he understood my intention.

With a smirk, he whispered something in her ear and she nodded happily walking away from there. With a victorious smirk, I followed her not before passing a salute to Sushant in gratitude. Bande neh kaam karwa diya!
[Translation: Bro did my work]

"You are running away from me tamatar", I whispered in her ears, my voice coming out huskier because of the cold weather

She was startled and turned at the speed of a flash crashing against my chest. If not for my strong reflexes she would have been on the ground groaning in pain. Pagal ladki
[Translation: foolish girl]

"Pagal", I scolded holding her forearm and maintaining her balance on her feet. [Translation: mad, crazy]

"Pagal hogi tumhari aulad", her nose flared in anger, her eyebrows scrunching furiously and visible frown lines on her forehead. Okay, so she was mad, really really mad!
[Translation:your child will go crazy]

"ha! per tumhari wajah se, aur vho bas MERI nhi HAMARI aulad hogi", I decided to play along because she looked really cute with that pout. Her expression suddenly softened and she bit on her lower lip to stop herself from blushing, looking everywhere but me. No doubt I named her tamatar, jitna gusse meh laal hoti hai utna hi sharm se laal ho jati hai!
[Translation: yes! But only because of you. And it won't be just mine but our baby

The more she turns red with anger, the more she turns red with the blush!]

She pushed me lightly and escaped from my clutches while I stood there grinning like a fool. Ab aur kitna hi bhagogi mujhse!
[Translation: just how much are you going to run away from me]

Along with the boys I made my way towards the room where we were supposed to spend the rest of the night. Inside I saw Yug placed on mio amore's lap while she giggled along with him as she tickled his belly. She was just so good around kids. Fir hamare baccho ke saath bhi vho aise hi khelegi! Kitna khush lag rhi hai na!
[Translation:Then she will play like this with our children too! She is looking so happy!]

I'll make sure to give her the happiness soon, but of our OWN children as I imagine us having our very own kids and her running around with them. Because I want you to be mine, tamatar. Selfishly. thoughtlessly. mine just mine.

The boys placed the mattress on the floor along with the sheets on them while I was busy admiring her.

Everyone was so busy from all the travelling that they dozed off as soon as their heads hit the pillow. But I was wide awake. Because of the fact that having her under the same roof and still not being able to rightfully take her in my arms didn't settle well with me. Vho meri hogi! Per hak se, yu chori chori chupke chupke nhi!
[Translation: she'll be mine, but rightfully with pride, not secretly]

In the middle of the night after tossing and turning for long I finally decided to divert my mind by driving water. But I groaned in annoyance because of the cold temperature, I was very well comfortable in the warmth of my blanket. Yaar yeh thand Jaan lekar manegi.
[Translation: Man, this cold will be the death of me]

Finally, after a long mental debate, I pushed the comforter aside and walked towards the wooden table where the water bottle was placed. While drinking I checked the bed but frowned when I saw her side empty. Itni raat ko kaha bhoot saman bhatak rhi hai yeh aatma?
[Translation:Where is this soul wandering like a ghost so late at night?]

I roamed my eyes everywhere when they finally settled on the small frame standing against the window. A shawl wrapped around her as she was busy admiring the scenic beauty of the night. Accha hai koi utha kar nhi le gaya warna aaft aa jati!
[Translation: It's good that no one took her away otherwise trouble would have happened!]

I briskly walked towards her passing by Jay who was bundled again Keshav with his arms and legs wrapped around him like a Koala and stood beside her. She stilled for a moment but relaxed sensing my presence.

"Itni raat ko tum ullu ki tarah kyu jaag rhi ho?", I questioned trying to take the shawl from her hold
[Translation:Why are you awake like an owl so late at night?]

"Tumse matlab", she yelled at me nastily while I stood there trying to tug at the shawl. I was cold for god's sake, mujhe bhi shawl Dede jahil aurat!
[Translation:None of your business

I am so cold for God's sake, give me a shawl too, you ignorant woman!]

"I know how to please a woman", I flirted as the corner of my lips twisted upwards in a smirk

"Then please leave me alone", I found my smirk slipping away with her response as she passed me a sickly and sarcastic tight-lipped smile. Touche! Meri vali toh fire nikli!
[Translation:Touche! My one turned out to be on fire!]

"Itni sade hue tamatar saman shakal kyu banai hai apni, kyu tumhari chai meh subah makki gir gyi thi kya?", I found myself asking the first time which came to my mind. This little muse of mine was definitely in a bad mood. And when I say bad, it means very bad or more likely worse.
[Translation:Why have you made yourself look like a rotten tomato? Did a fly fall into your tea in the morning?]

She just royally ignored my remark and gazed at nothing in particular, the moon casting a beautiful glow on her face. I poked her shoulder and pointed towards the mattress signalling her to sit to which she gladly obliged and I followed swiftly. At least mohtarma baithi toh sahi hamare saath!
[Translation: at least she is sitting with me ]

Pulling the comforter over the both of us we engaged in small talks about our lives. I felt content as her natural fragrance surrounded me and I felt at ease and home after so long.

"Meri kitaboon mein mehek te hue gulaab si yaad ho tum, Mere tanhaai ke andhere aasmano ka chaand ho tum", it was midway through our conversation when I decided to test the water and muttered softly, the words skillfully escaping my lips. I leaned forward planting a soft kiss on her forehead, not before making sure that she was comfortable with my advances. Vho jitni chahe utni der mujhse ghussa rhe sakti hai, per mujhe dur nhi!
[

Translation:I remember you like a fragrant rose in my book, you are the moon in the dark sky of my loneliness.

She can be angry with me as long as she wants but I won't be able to tolerate her away from me]

A smile grazed my lips when I saw her lips lifting up in a shy grin. So my classes really did pay off!

A year after I encountered my tamatar I learned from my sources that she was a fan of gazals and shayaris. And since then I've been taking up online classes to woo her and sweep her off her feet. And I think the words are doing their magic or was it my charms? Mai toh hu hi handsome aur the most wanted*hmm*
[

Translation: I'm so handsome and the most wanted]

I didn't fall in love with her. Rather I walked into love with her, with my eyes wide open staring into her beautiful honey orbs, choosing to take every step along the way and dreaming along with her.

I do believe in fate and destiny, but I also believe we are only fated to do the things that we'd choose anyway.

And I'd choose her, in a hundred lifetimes, in a hundred worlds, in any version of reality, I'd find my tamatar and I'd choose Suhana, my only love.

TBC~~

....................

So to all my bandu's, here's the new update as I promised.
Thanks for all the success and acknowledgement. Hope you're loving the story so far.

Next target: 100+ likes, 80+ comments, and 500+ follows on Instagram/ Wattpad and I'll update again this week*wink wink*

Author🦋
Roop♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.5K 3.1K 22
you think planning a wedding is hard? try planning a wedding for your ex-boyfriend whom you still love dearly. Throw in a brutal break-up, mixed emo...
216K 11.4K 27
A Collection of Short Stories which mostly contains romance but, along with few amazing twists and thrills! You can expect stories in different gen...
2.1K 212 24
NOT AN ARRANGED MARRIAGE ROMANCE ✩"Where choices meet destiny ,a story unfolds."✩ _________________ ⋆ Vanya Arora ⋆ ⋅"If I want it, it's mine"⋅ 24...
255K 25.3K 123
Collection of Arnav-Khushi short stories.