Her Light

By Malonec19

It starts with a girl who has thought about becoming a police officer ever since her older brother became one... More

cast
aesthetic
prologue
season one
1.
2
3.
not part of story
4.
idk
5.
6.
info
8.
𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝟐
9.
need opions

7.

423 8 2
By Malonec19

Green light. Part one

The rookies have been working harder and longer shifts then intended to. Being a Rookie they weren't really granted any personal or vacation time unless something extreme happened

They were all tired, cranky at times, and couldn't wait to leave to go home. Jessica had been as what she called it thriving lately. She been taking care of her mental health, her appearance, and making sure she's healthy.  People seemed to notice the new glow and attitude she had to her, especially John. She seemed happier.

Jess was leaning against the table in the briefing room as she was chatting with Lucy.

"I need a break. I can't believe we don't get a single vacation or personal day during our entire probationary year." Lucy says with a long sigh as she tilts her neck side to side.

"It's how we prove our commitment" Jackson says. Nolan enters the room joining the conversation "Wearing wool in august isn't enough?" He questions with a laugh.

Captain Anderson starts to call everyone's attention from the top of their stares. Tim walks into the briefing room "Let's go, boots" he says.

Everyone stands below the stairs as they give their attention to Captain Anderson.

"Everyone, gather up. All right, guys, listen up. Internal Affairs will be conducting random integrity tests this week." She explains.

"Reversals" Lucy says, captain Anderson nods "That's rights Officer chen". She says before moving on.

Officer Nolan looks confused "What's a reversal?" He asks.

Tim looks over at Nolan "Where cops go undercover to rat out other cops" he says with an eye roll. Tim wasn't too found of Reversals he thought it was a waste of resources.

"IA officers will be spending the week pretending to be criminals so they can analyze how we treat them." Captain Anderson continues.

Every officer listens to Captain Anderson briefing before they are dismissed. Jess walks with Lucy to the armory so she could grab the gear bags.

"Are reversals really that hard to spot? I mean, you can usually make a cop by the way they walk." Nolan says grabbing a bag.

"Not these guys. They train for this. It's like the Super Bowl to them. They go all-in. About two years ago, they took over a bank and masqueraded as robbers just to test our response time." Bishop explains.

"That's dedicated" Lucysays grabbing a head bag. Tim helps her with a bag "No it's a waste of resources. That's why it's my mission to seek and destroy

reversals" Tim says as he leads the way to the shop.

Lucy doesn't say anything as she looks back at her friends with a roll of the eyes from Tim's monologue.

Jess turns around as she bumps into someone in front of her.

"I'm so so-" she stops apologizing when she looks up to see who it is. It was Wesley Evers, her old friend

"Jessica , hi. " he says with a sympathetic look on his face. He knew about what happened to jess. He couldn't believe the pain she has to go through .

Jess was lost for words as she took a minute to process who was in front of her. Tim watched as she looked shocked as he loaded up the shop.tim  could tell shr was uncomfortable. He walked over to jess and Wesley.

"Let's go Boot" he tells her. Jess looks over at Tim and then Wesley "Bye Wesley" she says before following Tim to the shop.

Jess walks with Tim with a loud sigh "Thanks for that" Tim nods his head "Who was that?" He asks her.

She looks over at him "It was Wesley Evers, some one I use to know" she says while walking to the front desk

**
Lucy's pov

It was a rainy day in California. The calming sounds of the drops hitting the shop could be heard as they patrolled the streets. They didn't really talk much about anything

They hear a car horn, then see a red Corvette swerve to pass a car stopped at a stop sign and speed down the street. Lucy looks over at Tim who puts the lights on to pull over the car.

The cops pull the Corvette over and lucy gets out to talk to the driver, who rolls down his window, revealing that he's Mario Lopez. Lucy has a huge smile on her face as she recognizes the celebrity.

"You're uh" she starts to stutter he gives her a big smile "Yes it's me" he says.

Tim walks over to them "License and Registration" he tells him.

"Yes, sir. Uh I'm so sorry. I can't believe I did that. I-I've never run a stop sign before." He says not bothering to look at Tim.

"I watch you on the red carpet. Like, all the time." Lucy says she was starstruck.

"It's always nice to meet a fan." He says before looking over at Tim "Uh, Officer, is there any way you could let me slide on this one, or just let me off with a with a stern warning? It's just that I'm really late right now, and I got a lot of people waiting for me on set" he says with a plea.

"You ran a stop sign. We could arrest you for it." Tim says. Lucy looks over at Tim as he was being a bit extreme.

Mario scoffs "Arrest me? Come on. It's - It's a nice, quiet street. There's no harm done. You know, I could get you tickets to any big movie premiere you'd like, or is there a particular star you ever wanted to meet?" He looks back at lucy with a smirk.

"Okay, sir, bribery of a public officer is in violation of co-" Tim stops talking when he realizes it's a Reversal test. He looks across the street seeing an internal affairs officer in a car watching them. Tim storms over to them as they start to converse.

When Tim comes back he has a angry look on his face "Write him up. Reckless driving. Giving false information to a police officer. Disobedience to traffic signs. Unlawful act with a green air sticker. Driving with an obstructed view. Unnecessary use of horn. Failure to exercise caution when passing animals." He tells lucy as he walks back to the shop.

Lucy looks over at him with a raised eyebrow. As she thinks about the interaction he must've had with IA.

Mario looks shocked "is he serious?"

**

Lucy and Tim had another call a couple hours later. Tim assumed it was another internal affairs reversal. But, he was wrong the man was actually stuck in a bear trap and needed paramedics. Once they finished up their paper work from the incident. Lucy walked up to Tim with her paper work in hand "You're lucky his legs going to be okay" lucy says.

Tim looks over at her in no mood for her remarks "If Murphy hadn't gotten in my head, that never would've happened. Blame the reversals, not me" he says.

Luch scoffs "What happened between you two? Did she investigate you or something?" She asks. Tim stops in his tracks and turns to look at her "Isabel, Murphy was her investigating officer" he tells her.

"Okay, but you're not Isabel, so what's her beef with you?" She asks. Tim sighs loudly "Not your business. Finish the paper work boot" he says before turning the corner.

Lucy rolls her eyes "Asshole" she mumbled to her self.

**

Night shift approached quickly. Lucy avoided Tim for the remainder of her shift not wanting to deal with his moodiness. She didn't understand how he would just go from being so nice to her then being so rude. She couldn't keep up with his tantrums.

The Rookies were at the food truck as they needed some food and drinks to un wind.

"Tim was so convinced we caught another reversal, he pried open the bear trap. I've never seen someone actually pass out from pain before." Lucy says as she explains what happened earlier

"Well I was stuck doing boring desk duty" jess says while taking a bite out of her food

"That's tough, not as bad as the helplessness in that kid's eyes." Jackson says grabbing a beer. Lucy nodded agreeing with Jackson.

Nolan has a smug look on his face "I had to pry a psycho off a valet at a five-star hotel. Uh, her dress ripped as I was cuffing her, exposing her unmentionables. Boy, she was pissed." Nolan says.

Lucy looks at Nolan "That was for sure a reversal" she tells him. Jackson and lucy nodded agreeing with Lucy.

"As much as I would love to keep telling war stories " he starts as he grabs the bag of take out food "Thank you, Dez, I have another full day of reversals tomorrow, and this rookie needs his beauty sleep." He tells them.

Luchwaves bye as they all watch Nolan leave. As jess started to have a conversation with Lucy all of a sudden gun shots were sounded alarming the rookies. Jackson ran towards the sound with Lucy, and jess following behind.

Nolan was breathing heavily as he shielded him self in his truck. He didn't know what had happened all he knew was that he was okay, and the gun man had left.

**

"Hey. So, they canvassed the area. No one saw the shooter" she says. Nolan looks over in disbelief "He fired a couple hundred rounds." Tim says.

"Yeah, no one's admitting they saw him." Jackson says.

Jess spots Tim getting out of his truck and walking over to them. He gives her a quick look over making sure she was clear from injuries. He didn't see any signs of visible injury which he was relieved.

"According to intelligence, you've been greenlit by Southern Front." Anderson says.

Nolan looks over in confusion "Greenlit?" He asks he was unaware of what that meant.

"Violent white supremacist gang wants you dead, you're doing something right." Bishop explains. Nolan couldn't think straight "What the hell is going?" He stuttered.

"Normally, gangs don't target cops; more trouble than it's worth. Unless a cop disrespects a gang member, then all bets are off." Grey explains. Captain Anderson nodded "You arrested a woman today. Astrid Heisserer, She's the baby mama of the leader of Southern Front, one of the most violent criminal enterprises in the country. And because of how you treated her, he authorized everyone in the gang to kill you" she goes on.

"We'll get you off the streets and get you home and protected" Grey says

**
Lucy, Jackson and Jess stay at Nolan's house to keep watch. Nothing happened which they were all glad

_________________________________________

𝐇𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐮 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐨𝐧

𝐍𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐁𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟐

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43K 693 35
They covered up their feelings for so long, until the one night that changed everything. A few years later they are brought back together for work. T...
4.8K 53 22
Tim and Lucy were living their perfect life. Good jobs, a house, and a daughter. Everything was going smoothly, until it wasn't. They receive a diagn...
4.7K 111 3
Tim and Lucy have a fight. Before they have a chance to resolve it, Lucy is swept into a hostage situation. This story is full of angst and shows a v...
8.2K 108 14
Isabel returns and tries to break Tim and Lucy up. But will there be more ex's along the way???