Fighter

By kylekay

Hadley Davis is left without parents after a fatal car accident. Not yet eighteen she is shipped to relatives... More

Ch. 1
Ch. 2
Ch. 3
Ch. 4
Ch.5
Ch.6
Ch.7
Ch.8
Ch. 9
Ch.10
Ch.11
Ch.12
Ch.13
Ch.14
Ch.15
Ch.16
Ch.17
Ch.18
Ch.19
Ch. 20
Ch. 21
Ch. 22
Ch. 23
Ch. 24
Ch. 25
Ch. 26 Maddoxs POV. Part. 1
Ch.27 Maddoxs POV.Part. 2
Ch.28
Ch. 29
Ch.30
Ch. 31
Ch. 32
Ch.33
Ch.34
Ch.35 Maddox POV
Ch. 36
Ch. 37
Ch. 38
Ch. 39
Ch. 40
Ch. 41
Ch.42
Ch. 43
Ch. 44
Ch. 45
Ch. 47
Ch. 48
Ch. 49
Ch. 50
Ch. 51
Ch. 52
Ch. 53
Ch. 54
Ch. 55
Ch. 56
Ch. 57 Maddox's POV
Ch. 58
Ch. 59
Ch. 60
Ch. 61
Ch. 62
Ch. 63
Ch. 64
Ch. 65
Ch. 66
Ch. 67
Ch. 68
Ch. 69
Ch. 70
Ch. 71
Ch. 72

Ch. 46

163K 4.7K 746
By kylekay

"I'm coming home, see you soon." Tyler says, hanging up. I try calling him back to tell him to stay there and that I'd see him when he got back but he wouldn't answer.

I stare at the ceiling, lost in thought thinking of Maddox.

I hear my phone ring and I'm surprised to see it's all ready six, shit! It's Chris.

"Hey." I say, quietly.

"Hey yourself, bitch! You couldn't call me?" He yells.

"Sorry, that was pretty shitty of me." I admit.

"We're on our way to your house but we're going to be a little late."

"Take your time, I haven't even gotten dressed yet." I reply.

"Okay, see you in like twenty minutes."

"Okay, bye."

"Bye."

I get out of bed and get dressed in my long dark green dress and my brown wedge heels.

There's a knock on my door and without me saying anything Tyler comes in. "You okay?" He asks, simply.

"Yeah. I just feel sad but I'll be fine." I say.

"Have you talked to him?" He asks.

"No. I was thinking about how best to tell him. I know he deserves to hear this face to face but I just don't think it will go over very well."

"He'll probably kidnap you. I mean, he did put a tracking device on you like you're a household pet." He responds, bitterly.

"I know." I say, still reeling from the discovery. "Micro-chipped by my own boyfriend." I shake my head.

"Where are you headed?" He asks.

"Dinner, will you come? Alex is still not listening to me and I don't want to deal with it by myself." I beg.

"Sure." He replies, seriously.

I walk over and hug him. "Thank you for being the only person I can count on."

He hugs me back. "No problem, babe."

"Sorry, to make you leave. That's not why I called."

He smiles. "They understand. Plus, I promised to take you back soon."

"I'm glad your mom was with you. I really needed to hear it from her, too."

"She was happy you called her. She missed out on so much with Brandy." He says, sadly.

We hear the doorbell. "That's the boys, let's go." I grab my purse and we leave my room.

We walk out to the foyer and Chris runs to me giving me a bear hug. "Missed ya."

"I missed you, too. Have you been going out at all?" I ask.

"Yeah, club life is awesome here." He replies. "I didn't make reservations anywhere I just thought we'd drive around and find someplace." Chris says. "You're coming too, right, Tyler?"

"Yep. If you don't mind?" Tyler questions, looking at Alex who is looking back at him with cold eyes.

We walk outside. "Look, guys. This is my new car." I say, walking up to my baby.

"Nice choice, babe." Tyler whistles.

"It's so pretty." Chris adds.

"The new model, right? I want one." Alex adds, looking the car over.

I hear a car door slam and look up to see Maddox making his way towards us. My heart is racing, he looks mad but strangely calm at the same time. I look at Tyler worried as he comes to stand beside me.

"What did you do, track her again or is there a listening device planted somewhere?" Tyler asks. "That's low, bro. Even for you."

"Fuck off, Tyler." Maddox replies, coming closer.

"Maddox, please leave. I'll call you later." I tell him.

"You said give you time. I gave you time." He says.

"I get to say when it's enough time, not you." I challenge.

"So you're driving then?" Tyler asks, getting into the passenger side of my car.

"Yeah, I'll drive." I answer, walking to the car. I get in and Chris and Alex follow. I back out and Maddox watches me the whole time. When we make it down the road a little ways Tyler says, "Pull over." I do and he gets out of the car coming to my side and lifts me up, setting me in the passenger side and gets in my seat, he drives away. "Are you okay?" He asks.

"How can he have such an effect on me? It's scary." I reply, shaken.

"Sucks, huh?" Tyler states, knowingly.

"Yeah. Wait, you know what I'm talking about?" I ask, surprised. Especially, after what Kathy said about him never letting anyone too close.

"Yeah."

"Oh, your mom made it seem like you never got close enough to anyone."

"I usually don't but there's always an exception to the rule." He replies, smiling.

"Who is she? Why aren't you with her?" I ask trying to focus on Tyler's love life so I don't have to think about my own.

"Just wouldn't work out."

"You didn't even try with her?" I ask, outraged.

"Nope." He smiles.

"What a coward, you can still change your mind. I'll help if I can." I say, honestly.

"I think you need to concentrate all of your efforts on Maddox. I take it you're going to break up with him over the phone now?"

"You're breaking up with him?" Alex asks, loudly.

"Yeah, we just...don't suit."

"What happened?" Chris asks.

I tell him about the tracking app and how the constant fighting was just too much. Chris seemed genuinely sorry, but Alex, I know, felt the complete opposite.

Tyler pulls into Ruby's and we all get out. They have good food so I'm happy with it. We get seated right away, it's not very busy. I'm surprised by the attention from all of the girls. They are giving me dirty looks, then I look at who I'm with. Hot guys. I chuckle.

"What's so funny, babe?"

"All the girls giving me nasty looks." I answer, smiling.

He looks around and he catches a few by surprise seeing what I'm talking about he says. "Yeah. I see what you mean."

"Can I take your order?" A girl about my age asks smiling at the boys.

"Hadley?" Tyler says.

"I'll have the chicken strips with fries and a coke." I say.

"Aren't you Maddox Kahn's girlfriend?" She asks, narrowing her eyes. "I'm sure he'd like to know what you're doing out with three other guys." She says, getting an attitude.

"Well, they're all just so hot I couldn't decide." I tell her smiling.

"Who would you pick?" Tyler asks the girl.

She leans forward on the table. "Well is it true you are going into the NFL trading pool this season? I heard the Raiders and the Cowboys want you." She says, batting her eyes.

"That is the rumor." Tyler replies, coldly.

"Then I'd pick you. I hear Maddox doesn't even want to play in the NFL." She answers.

"Wow, I think she's your future girlfriend, Tyler." Chris jokes and we laugh.

The waitress, not understanding the joke, just blushing and gives coy looks at Tyler. "I don't think so, I'm not really into gold diggers or groupies." He states. "I'll have the chicken pita with fries and a coke."

I can't stop laughing, the girl's face is probably as red as mine gets, no wonder Tyler and Chris always laugh at me. Tyler nudges me with his elbow which only makes me laugh harder. "Oh, that was great." I say, as I start to calm down.

"It wasn't even that funny." Tyler smirks my way.

"Yes, it was. Now I know why you and Chris always laugh when I blush, it's so funny." I insist.

"That's beside the point, she chose me which means we're now boyfriend and girlfriend." Tyler declares.

"Oh, yeah because I'm just like her. I love money and football players. I don't even think I'd take her advice on how best to get rid of crabs and she looks like an expert." I grumble.

It's silent for a couple seconds and we all start laughing. "What! Did you really just say that? I'm so stealing that one." Tyler says, laughing slightly.

"You can have it. I can't believe the girls here, it's sad. All the more reason we're getting you the girl you love. Don't think because I let you change the subject earlier that this discussion is over." I warn, seriously.

"Wouldn't dream of it, babe." He smirks.

"Tell me she's not like the waitress and that's why you said it wouldn't work out."

He laughs. "I can assure you she is no crab expert."

Our food comes out with a very subdued waitress this time.

MADDOX'S POV:

    I can't believe she just left like that and why the hell is Tyler here anyway? He's supposed to be in Malibu. She called him again, Tyler to the fucking rescue. I'm watching them in the diner and she's laughing at everything Tyler says and vice versa. Why do they have to be so close? Why can't we have that kind of carefree relationship? She's overreacting, like I knew she would about the tracker on her phone, which she hasn't deleted yet.

    I hate how Alex watches her like she's going to disappear before his eyes if he doesn't watch closely enough. I feel better that she's told him again that she doesn't feel the same. I just hate that he's still here. I know he's no threat, not like Tyler has been and continues to be. Alex sees it too; every time they laugh together he looks away sadly.

    I don't know what to do about Tyler, I don't know how to separate them. I'm not about to piss her off even more than she is. But how the fuck doesn't she see the way he looks at her? How happy they look when they're together? I hate that I keep wishing she's pregnant. I love her, though it was another reason I put the app on. If she is pregnant with our child I want to make sure nothing happens to them. It really wasn't to invade her privacy but I can see what she means. I messed up again and this time it's bad.

I see Tyler's smiling at her, he's in love with her and she loves him. How did she expect me to feel about their relationship?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Begin Again By sam

Teen Fiction

292K 9.1K 29
Savannah Jacobs is a 17 year old girl who goes to school and does normal things. Well that's what everyone thinks. Four years ago she was in a coma f...
320K 14.3K 47
BOOK TWO OF THE RECKLESS LOVE SERIES JJ Walker is beginning his sophomore year at Stanford University and lined up to be the starting wide receiver f...
129K 5.9K 35
Official Wattpad Creator, and super proud of it! Maddox has been in love with Rose for a few months now. Just like an angel, she has captured his hea...
112K 4K 39
Do you believe in love at first sight? Hadley is just a woman. A woman living her dream. She has her best friend beside her and a career for which sh...