Only you- Rangi & Kyoshi

By remote_ghost

As they continue their travels and visit the Northern Water Tribe Rangi and Kyoshi finally start to have time... More

Rangshi Playlist
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36

Chapter 25

338 13 11
By remote_ghost

Kirima had watched Rangi take off into the woods, the shirshu following behind her. She smiled as she watched Kyoshi fall into Rangi's arms. She was pretty sure if they didn't find her soon the next one to get on the firebender's nerves would be dead.

As they walked over Kirima realized that Kyoshi was crying, it sounded heartbreaking. Even though they had just reunited after what felt like forever, Kyoshi sounded heartbroken.

The only sound above the sobs was Rangi trying to comfort her as they sat in the grass. Kyoshi looked rough, and like hella rough. Kind of like after she got struck with lightning, Kirima felt like that was a fair comparison at the moment.

As they got closer the next thing Kirima saw was the blood, shit.

"Here let me help," Kirima said, rushing over, extending her arm out, only to be smacked away by the firebender. "Don't touch her"

She narrowed her eyes. "You can't do this on your own now can you. Let me help"

"I said don't touch her, if you want to help just hand me the bandages I packed" Rangi said, not looking up from Kyoshi who had gone quiet.

"Hey we helped find her too, you don't get to start acting like this-" Kirima stopped talking as she saw the look on Rangi's face, she was scared. "Fine, I'll be right back"

"I forgot how moody she makes you." Kirima muttered under her breath, as she went to retrieve some cloth bandages.

Rangi took them without another word, as she let Kyoshi fall against her shoulder. Slowly she began to wrap the cloth around Kyoshi's middle, hoping with enough pressure it would stop the bleeding. Wrapping it around once more Rangi bit her lip as she felt Kyoshi wince against the sudden pressure.

"Can you stand?" She asked quietly, getting to her feet. Kyoshi only nodded as Rangi helped pull her up. Slowly Rangi helped Kyoshi get settled on the creature they would be riding back to the fire nation on.

"We're glad you're okay Kyoshi." Wong said as they started to move. She looked up for a second before continuing to stare at the ground. Rangi frowned at Kyoshi's lack of response, she then looked at Wong, and tried to give him a reassuring smile in place of Kyoshi's silence. She's okay now.

It worried Rangi how outside of the continuous apologizing from earlier, Kyoshi hadn't said anything. Even to her. She'll be fine. She repeated to herself, she's just tired, probably did more than her body could take. Rangi looked back at her once more. She definitely took on more than she could take.

Although the ride back wasn't long, it felt like it lasted days to Rangi. Nobody spoke as they got closer to the town. The only thing Rangi listened for was the consistent sound of Kyoshi's breathing against her back. Soon she was sure that the avatar had fallen asleep against her, more weight pressed to her back as they walked on.

The sun was beginning to set as they stopped in front of a medical unit Kyoshi didn't stir. "Want my help now?" Kirima asked, cocking an eyebrow.

"Fine, just don't wake her up" Rangi agreed, as she rolled her eyes. 

"I'm not asleep"

Rangi felt like she could have snapped her neck with how fast her head whipped around.

"That's fine, where're just going to move you inside. Is that okay?" Rangi asked, regaining her composure before slipping her arm around Kyoshi's waist, Kirima on her other side. She only nodded in response as they walked inside.

"Everything's going to be okay, I promise." Rangi whispered. She wasn't sure why she was so persistent on trying to reassure Kyoshi. It probably did more for Rangi, than Kyoshi at this point. As soon as Rangi and Kirima got Kyoshi to a bed Rangi noticed Kyoshi was still holding onto her sleeve.

"We're gonna head out, let us know if you need anything" Kirima said as she lingered in the doorway.

"Kirima" She called.

Rangi looked up from Kyoshi and towards the water bender. "Thank you... for all your help"

"Of course, make sure she rests," Kirima said as she left.

"I'll try my best" Rangi mumbled as she turned back to Kyoshi.

A healer had come into the room and started talking to Rangi, Kyoshi just sat there staring at the floor. What did I do? This is all my fault, everything that's about to happen will be my fault.

"Would you like any help?" The healer offered, handing over a set of clean clothes. It was the last part of their conversation that Kyoshi tuned into. "No, we're fine. Thank you" Rangi said, taking the clothes for her.

"I'll be back in a little bit" She smiled softly as she shut the door behind her.

Rangi moved over to Kyoshi, placing the pile of clothes beside her. "Do you want to change into something clean?"

Kyoshi only nodded again, still not looking up from the ground. Rangi helped her unlance and slide off her boots, before removing the exterior bandage she had put there in previously. She didn't remove it fully until she was sure that the bleeding had stopped for now, before uniting the top layers of her tunic. "You didn't wear your gloves" She commented, more so just to break the silence. She wasn't really expecting an answer.

"I-I didn't want to lose them, you got them for me" Kyoshi responded softly. Rangi smiled.  "And yet you kept your fans."

Rangi almost swore she saw Kyoshi smile. "I would never go anywhere without them, unless I guess..." She paused, taking a breath. "I have you... to protect me"

Rangi smiled as she helped her into the clean clothes. She missed how sappy Kyoshi gets when she's tired. "And you'll always have me" She took Kyoshi's face in her hands, planting a kiss on her forehead.

"Do you-"

"Have your other fan, yes I do. It's back at the house, we can get it later." Kyoshi smiled at her response.

"I'm gonna go grab the healer, then you can sleep," Rangi said, pulling away towards the door. No less than a minute later the healer had returned with time with some medical supplies.

"Hello Avatar Kyoshi, I'm Kenna. I'm going to take care of you, is that okay?" The woman asked, she must have been only a couple years older than her and Rangi by her looks. She seemed very calm. Which was good, someone had to be. Kyoshi probably couldn't tell her right from left, and Rangi was on the verge of melting down if anything went wrong.

Kyoshi gave Rangi a strained look. "She prefers to just be called just Kyoshi if that's okay," Rangi explained. Having done this before. She knew that when people often used her full title it made her nervous. "Of course, is it okay if I assess your injuries Kyoshi?"

Kyoshi nodded once more, and turned so that Kenna could see the cut on her side better. She worked quietly, only mumbling some things to herself occasionally. Probably little notes or things she had to remember Rangi figured.

Once she dressed the gash on her side Kyoshi laid both her hands in front. They both had pretty bad scarring already, but now there were severe burns wrapping her hands.

Rangi had made the decision to sit by her, resting her hand on Kyoshi's leg, as the woman continued to work on her hands. She knew that her hands were one of Kyoshi's biggest insecurities, and having them both exposed like this at once may be hard. Or maybe it was because Rangi liked the physical reassurance that Kyoshi was beside her.

Kenna had honestly impressed Rangi. She was quick and efficient, plus she had respected all of Rangi's requests, and didn't bother to ask about the extensive scarring on Kyoshi's hands. Which she definitely got bonus points for.

It seems like evertime Kyohsi had found herself in any healer care and they caught a glimpse of them, they were always quick to ask as many questions as they could. So this was refreshing.

Rangi looked over to Kyoshi and began to study her face. Shouldn't she be in more pain?  Rangi thought as she watched Kenna apply more ointments. She eventually figured she was probably too overwhelmed to even process it all.

That's gonna be awful for her to deal with tomorrow. She thought to herself, as she watched Kenna wrap up her hands.

As Kenna packed up her stuff, Rangi had helped Kyoshi lie down, pulling the blankets over her. It felt like she only watched her for a minute before Kyoshi had actually fallen asleep. This time Rangi knew she was going to be out for a while.

Rangi caught sight of Kenna waving her over as she stood in the doorway. Carefully Rangi walked across the room, and slid out the door shutting it softly behind her.

"So..." Rangi didn't feel like finishing the rest of that sentence. "Well" Kenna paused a second while she pulled out a notepad flipping through the pages.

"The gash on her side was quite deep, it may require stitches if it starts bleeding again. But it didn't seem infected. Do you know what caused it by chance?" Kenna asked, tapping her pen against the pages lightly.

Rangi thought for a second, "A dagger probably" She recalled the first time they met some of the members in the town. They probably shared similar weapons, so it was a fair guess.

"I didn't immediately notice any other major injuries for now except her hands, those burns were different from what I usually treat. Do you know happened there?"

Rangi sighed, she had no clue what had happened. She would have to ask Kyoshi when she woke up. "No I don't, I'm sorry" She replied looking down.

"Oh no that's fine, just the more information we have the better, burns are treated less the same, no matter the cause. Other than that she seemed dehydrated, and extremely fatigued from her current state, but that will get better with rest." Kenna reassured her.

Rangi only nodded, hoping that was her last question so she could go back and sit by Kyoshi. Kenna must have sensed her impatience. "Just one more question then you're good to go. What is your relationship to Avatar Ky- with Kyoshi" She corrected herself. Rangi just stood there kind of stunned.

"It's just for the visitor records," Kenna smiled again. "Body guard, I mean yeah, I'm her bodyguard." Rangi found herself tripping over her words a bit.

"Alrighty, I'll be back soon. I'll send in one of my colleagues later who can do a healing session for her hands, and maybe her side if she's awake. For now she should sleep." Kenna said before turning to head down the hall with a wave. I don't know what she's thinking, but I know Kyoshi will be out for many hours. I wouldn't expect anything before tomorrow afternoon.

Rangi turned to enter Kyoshi's room. What is your relationship to Avatar Kyoshi?  For some reason she found that question playing over and over again in her head.

She smiled as she saw that Kyoshi was sleeping exactly like how she left her moments ago. As she walked deeper into the room she removed her exterior armor, rolling her shoulders in its absence.

Quietly she pulled a chair over to Kyoshi's bedside, not wanting to wake her up. Rangi looked out the window at the now almost fully set sun then back to Kyoshi. She still had the reminisce of her makeup on. That can wait til tomorrow.

She rested her head on one of her hands as she gently took Kyoshi's hand with her free one. "If you weren't so beat up already, I definitely would have kicked your ass by now for what you put me through." Rangi laughed to herself softly, before leaning over to kiss Kyoshi's forehead.

"But I'll still love you nonetheless"

Youuuu guys, girls, and nonbinary pals they're back together, and it makes me so happy. I hope you guys also are enjoying the book so far, and hope everyone has a happy holiday season for whichever festivities you participate in❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

208K 3.5K 28
One night-stand. It's a familiar word. How about a two-night stand? Three maybe? Korra and Asami's drunken mistake led them to have the best night of...
213K 4.9K 36
Sex, Lust, Nightmares, Daydreams. ***(DISCONTINUED)*** Korra and Asami have an everlasting lust and love pattern between them. This story takes plac...
1.3K 18 9
What happened in the time gap between season 3 and season 4? This is a Korrasami fanfic, slow burn. Asami and Korra grapple with their feelings for...
182K 8.9K 85
❝𝑲𝒉𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒆, 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒂 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒊𝒄𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒅𝒆𝒂𝒅 𝒄𝒐𝒍𝒅 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔, 𝒔𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒎𝒆 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒎.❞ ✧ in which a girl's l...