A Love So Beautiful (The Apot...

De Aleksklimasz

*The storyline and the characters belongs to Natsu Hyuuga!* A two young women trained in the art of herbal me... Mai multe

Background information
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5

Chapter 4

1K 46 2
De Aleksklimasz

Huifen POV

Me and Maomao were in the kitchen cooking untill Guiyan came in.

"Maomao, Huifen, what are you making?" She stood near the door frame as her hands were balled up on her hips like when we first saw her.

"It's a cold remedy." Maomao stirred the food infront of her as I watch.

"Wow you can make those too?" She didn't look shocked just a little surprised.

I grab some of the leaves and put it in the bowling pot in front of me. Just then Guiyan went behind us and started shaking us slightly with tears on the side of her eyes.

"Are you two sure you don't need anything? Have you guys been eating well?" She lightly hugged the both of us then went to check our bandaged arms.

"Well thanks to you, yes." I sweat drop a little.

"Please don't keep your troubles to yourselves!" She then started crying, tears rolling down her smooth cheek.

"Are you alright Guiyan?" I worried for her wondering why she is crying. She nods and grabs a cloth and dumps it in water while grabbing a dry cloth and cleans the walls and dries it.

"So, have you two heard the new rumor that has been going around resantly? Everyone's has been talking about it." Guiyan asked.

"No." I shook my head.

"They say a spirit has been haunting the rear palace."Guiyan says.

Me and Maomao paused.

"Spirit eh?" Then we continue cooking while Guiyan is cleaning.

As we finished cooking we gave it to the people and left to go outside and sit with the brunette girl again.

"So have you heard of the new rumor thats been going around?" I asked Maomao's friend

She slamend her hands on the table making it shake.

"YES! I've heard that one! The ghostly lady in white right?!" She beamed standing up

"So, it's famous?"  Maomao questioned.

"All of the servants, eunchus, and concubines are talking all about it! I think it started a few weeks ago. They say a ghostly lady in white, dances in the air under the moonlight! And she appears every night at the eastern walls!" The brunette went from aloud talking to whispering.

"The castle walls are completely surround the rear palace. So basically the only way to enter is through the four gates that are on the north, south, east and west" I started explaining what I was thinking, as Maomao continued the rest for me.

"The gates are always guarded, and the walls are surrounded a moat. Sneaking in or out would be impossible. They say in the sunken moats are.... The corpse of concubines, who tried to escape, in other words, just your typical ghost story." Maomao explained.

"What should I do if I see the spirit for real?" She cried.

"Its just a rumor." I calmly. ' There's no way that the spirit around the castle... I might have to find out myself...'

Me and Maomao then get up and go to the quack doctors dojo with a vase with medicine inside of it.

"Excuse me. Could you perhaps take a look at this medicine?" I ask

"Ah. Hello girls. One moment" We went inside and set the vase down as we sat down. The Quack doctor came back with food as I drooled of the delicious sight.

"Sorry for the wait"

Maomao practically had cat ers and a tail, but not actually.

"Wow!" They exclaimed.

"You two like salty than sweet right?"

"Well-" I was about to say something but a vocie stopped me.

"May I have some aswell?" Jinshi asked.

"Huh? Oh of course right away!" The Quack doctor went to get more as me and Maomao put our hands out to 'grab' it back.

She pulled her hands back as Maomao slightly cried. 'Grow up Maomao.'

"Good work you two" Jinshi was practically almost touching you as I looked away same with Maomao.

 I start imagining about him and the emporor but I was slightly annoyed somehow. 'I'll just go ahead and assume he's the emperor's pet.'

Jinshi moved to sit between us but I moved away a little as Jinshi saw my expression and knew I had something a little dirty in my mind, since he sweat dropped. "Are you thinking something inappropriate right now?"

"What? I don't have a clue on what you're blabbering about Jinshi." I act like I wasn't thinking of anything.

He just brushed it off, as the Doctor came back in.

"Oh yes, Doctor. Can i trouble you to get these from the bacl for me?"Jinshi grabbed a piece of paper out handing it to the Doctor.

'That tells me... he's here because he wants something from me...'

I assumed it was something saddening by the look on his face.

The Doctor gave us the dish as I munched on one of the biscuits or what ever it is in delight while listening to Maomao and Jinshi interact.

"Do you know of this ghost everyone's been talking about?" Jinshi layed his head on his hand.

"A few rumors, yes." Maomao looked down and way from him closing her eyes.

"Then, you know it's a case a of sleep walking." Jinshi was up to something or was requesting something.

"Eh? Sleepwalking." I muttered out loud as I look up at him with a little blush.

"Seems like I got your attention!" Jinshi smiled bright as I just get grossed out and look away. 'Eugh'

I looked away but as I looked back Jinshi was getting to close to me as he put a a hand on my shoulder as his face was just inches away. My eyes widen as I blushed a little not even noticing.

"How would you cure it?" His breath tickled my skin.

"I-I don't know exactly..." I sweat drop as I look up at him with an annoyed expression and I back off getting away from him.

"Well for your question earlier. I can tell you it's not the sort of thing that can be cured with medicine." 

He then got close to me again but instead of going infront of me he went behind me and pulling me close to him while he held my shoulders.

"But is not the very essence of medicine to cure any and all afflictions?" He smirked asI just got more annoyed and shiver once again. 

"Medicine and priestess is my area of expertise..."

"Hm... Thats too bad."

I felt his hand against my cheek and rubbing my cheek with his thumb. I get flustered at that. 'He sticks to me like glue!'

"Ugh... I'll see what I can do." I sigh in annoyance.

🍃 🍃 🍃 

Later that day as night rolled in, we were walking to the eastern walls to see if the rumors were true.

"Lady Huifen." I heard Gaoshun called while we continue walking as we stopped making me confused a little.

"Yes?" 

"Might i ask you to stop cold glaring down at master Jinshi with the same disain as one might as insect?" He mainly said to me. 'Yikes he noticed!'

"Upon his return, he told me of how you looked at him as if he were a slug and he seemed rather happy about it." He continued.

"Eugh..." I shiver a bit at the thought of that happenening.

"I'll be more careful." I mumbled as we then go back to walking to the eastern wall.

"Thank you. It complicates matters when those with no immunity to master Jinshi's charms see him in that state of bliss." Gaoshun sweat drop. 'Hmm, there must be no end to the headaches of being his attendant.'

 We finally reach the eastern wall seeing the lady in white.

"There she is. Up there." Gaoshun pointed as i looked at the lady.

"A moonlit cotton rose."I mumbled as I watch the Lady in white dance so gracefully.

"An astute observation. That is lady Fuyo, named fro the cotton rose. A princess who, in a month's time will be gifted to an army officer in reward for his distinguished service." Gaoshun explained.

We continue watching the beautiful lady till I had to go to bed and go to the Quack Doctors domain in the morning. I was eating that snack that the Doctor gave me yesterday and remade it today as I munched on it.

"Its been two years I think. She's a timid princess. She's supposed to be a skilled dancer, she stumbled at her first showing. The emperor hasn't laid a finger on her, and she shut herself ever since. I guess some things can't be avoided, but..." The Doctor explained.

'They do say illness is a result, of an unbalanced mind... No, I need more information.'

"May i ask where is concubines Foyou's room?" I asked.

"Uh- Her building is on the north side." He answered her question

"Thank you. And thanks for the snacks." I softly smiled.

"Feeling better already?" I nod and get up and start heading out the door.

"I hope she feels better. I heard she's a princess, from a small vassal state. I'm sure she doesn't want to go back." The Doctor said while closing his eyes feeling puty for the women.

Me stop in my tracks.

"Back?" I tilt my head looking back at the doctor.

"Oh, yes she... Well, I've heard that the army man she's being given to is childhood friend so hopefully she finds happiness with him." The doctor mumbled. 'Go on...'

🍃 🍃 🍃 

I were walking as I came upon these two girls going passed me. "I feel sorry for concubine Fuyou.."

"Being given away by a millitary officer, I shudder at the mere though." I stop in my tracks in realisation. I started fast walking and hide behind a plant and spying on Lady Fuyou from her window.

"She seems awfully different, from how she looked from dancing on the wall." 

"Yes. I was surprised too, the first time I saw her. She was very unassuming most of the times." Gaoshun says.

"She reallyis like a cotton rose." I says.

"Cotton rose?" Gaoshun questioned.

"The Foyou flower, also known as the cotton rose, blooms as a large white flower in the morning. How ever by evening, into a dark pink." I nodded.

"So, the flower changes its appearance over the course of single day?" Gaoshun says.

I noded my head looking at him then slowly moving away from him but more closer than how I am with Jinshi. We then move out of the hidding spot going to our assigned duties.

"Have you heard of the spirit story?" I ask Maomao's friend.

"The spirit story?" The brunette asked.

"Yes, we wanted to hear more about it. Do you know anything else?" I says.

"Well, I heard she first appeared on te north side." She says.

"The north side? So she moved from the north to east? I knew it Concubine Fuyou is..." I stopped talking looking at the hand I put on my chin when I was talking aloud.

But Huwang comes up to us saying we were needed. We follow her up the stairs and into the gues room as we bow our heads and on our knees as our arms are infront of us. Also Jinshi was here too but I was seated on Maomao's right making me sit near him.

"Not much is known about somnambulance, or sleep walking. It is said it is caused by stress, the patient moves about in their sleep. as if they're awake" I explained.

"A while ago, at the brothels, I saw a courtesan with the same illness. She as a cheerful person, skilled at poetry. She even recieved a purchase offer. However, that offer fell through, she started roaming the brothel at night, as if possesed by a demonic spirit. She had no recollection of the night before." I added slightly putting my head up as I look at the cute adorable baby in Lady Gyokuyou's arm.

"And then what happened?" Jinshi looked straight at me.

"Nothing. After the talks for her freedom broke off she ceased her nightly wandering." I answer his question.

"I wonder if that means she didn't want her freedom to be bought?" Lady Gyokuyou asked looking straight at me.

"More likely. The offer was made by a wealthy merchant, but not only did he have a wife and children, he had granchildren aswell. Also, she only had one year left on her term." Maomao says.

"Many of her episodes occurredafter she grew extremely agitated. So I made her both medicine and incense to calm her. But they just gave her a little peace of mind. They weren't actual cures." Maomao added.

"You don't say." Jinshi mumbled.

"In the end with no other offers to buy her freedom, the courtesan concluded her term of service." I says.

Jinshi just kept staring at me like I was a candy and a child looking at the candy wanting it but sorta different in this situation.

"Perhaps Concubine Fuyou was the same." Lady Gyokuyou looked at her baby smiling.

"Truly now?"Jinshi was asking I wondering if there was more.

"..Yes, Thats it...." I sigh with with a fake small smile on my face trying not to look annoyed.

"Are you sure?" He said making me less irritated then before I wanted to send death stares at him but Gaoshun told me to calm down. I get up and walk to the door with my arms infront of me.

"Now if you'll excuse me. I have to get back to work." I says calmly.

I go back to the washing hanging the rest out as the moon was now seen through the dark night sky, as we went back to our own rooms. I get in the covers staring outside my window looking at the stars and moon.

Me and Maomao went to the guest room where Yinghua, Guiyuan and Ailan were waiting for us as we help them put the new plates and other things down. Lady Gyokuyou was watching us then went back to the room we first met at.

Later on after we were done helping the three other ladies in waiting, I went to the room Lady Gyokuyou was in and starting taking her dishes away to clean them and clean her table.

"Concubine Furou is leaving today, right?" Lady Gyokuyou tried making a conversation with me.

"Well it is what we have heard." I says and continue what were doing and leave after I'm done.

I went to the kitchen and washed the dishes and stuff and go outside walking around as we were done our chores for today. We then saw Concubine Fuyou heading straight out the whole building as lots of people were there watching this.

 "Hey." I flinch from the sudden voice as we look to our left seeing Lady Gyokuyou.

"You can tell me the truth you know? I won't get upset, since I'm the one who asked." Lady Gyokuyou smiled.

"This is all speculation, so could you keep this a secret?" I asked.

"My lips are sealed." We then all look back at Concubine Fuyou.

"Do you remember the story of the courtesan I told you about?" I asked.

"The sleepwalker?" Lady Gyokuyou asked.

"Yes. There was actually another courtesan. Whose purchase offer was called off for the same reason, she later recieved another purchase offer, but since she was ill the price was cut in half... However. It was all fraud" I explained.

"Fraud?" 

"The two men who made the purchase offers knew eachother, the women pretended to be sick to cal of the first offer. Then, the real purchaser made a bid at half the first price. If they wanted to be together then the men lacked in silver, and the women still had time left in her term." I continue.

"So, you are saying Concubine Fuyou is the same as the Courtesan?" Lady Gyokuyou tilted her head.

"Concubine Fuyou and the Military officer are childhood friends, who grew up in the same homeland." I nodded.

"Huh?" Lady Gyokuyou confused.

"I heard the man had showed his valorin a battle against barbarians the other day." I mumbled.

We then watch as Concubine Fuyou took her last steps in the palace building and going out. She stood infront of the huge wooden door that opens to the outside of this building.

"When asked what he wished for as a reward, he strongly insist on recieving Concubine Fuyou." I stated.

"He must have fantasized about it, even before he left home." Lady Gyokuyou

"Well as a military officer, he could never propose marriage to a princess." 

"But then she was pulled into the rear palace." Lady Gyokuyou

"And the princess also had feelings for her childhood friend. So that could be why she failed at her dance. to avoid the attention of the emperor. And as intented, the emperor never touched her. Her body was still pure. And that said, its entirely possible that the emperor would show interest in Cocubine Fuyou, now that she's scheduled to be given away." I continue.

"And so, she feigned somnambulism.... I can't say anything about the emperor. It's entirely possible."-Lady Gyokuyou

"The Barbarian battle took place in the eastern region. And Concubine Fuyou's dance took place on...." I added.

"The eastern wall?" Lady Gyokuyou asked as I nod.

"Shes probably wishing for his safe returns. And again all speculation" 

We then saw the massive wooden door open as light shined through.

Fuyou POV

I was waiting for the doors to be opened having to never seen my childhood friend I have loved for ages feels different. I look down, hoping he was alright.

As the doors open I slowly look up.

My eyes widen as I saw him.

I slowly walk towards him, seeing him bow and get up as we walked outside the walls and into a carriage.

Huifen POV

"Hey Huifen, would it make me a terrible women if I said I envy Concubine Fuyou?" She asked looking at me.

"No, I wouldn't say that." I says in honesty.

"Lets go." Lady Gyokuyou demanded in a calm tone.

"Yes." I nodded and follow her. ' I started to understand she dance at the east gate in particular because her beloved was coming home from an expedition in the east. She must have beenpraying for the safe return of her cildhood friend... That exquisite appearance it's because... she's in love.'

'Everyone here... must envy this happy scene. That night, lady Fuyo looked exceptionally beautiful... I wonder what it could cure.'

Later that day as night, I was outside and looking around if someone is watching me or not around this area. I close my eyes and take a deep breath as I started to dance so gracefully. 

( Pretend that's Hufien dancing I'm too lazy for typing this.)

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

6.3K 334 11
Liena the oldest daughter of the Emperor finally gained her first friend, but that was only after she tried eating something poisonous and getting sc...
4.7K 115 10
As another problem came for Fairytail again Eight members were chosen to visit a total different world where magic does not exist... A world where on...
81.5K 3.1K 74
─── 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐞𝐭 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬 𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐝𝐞𝐫, 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐬𝐞�...
37.1K 1K 35
kozume kenma did not know how to talk to people. he didn't want to, he didn't care to. but an unexpected girl, with an unexpected talent, pulled him...