The Concubine (Final Version)

By Coletxxie

"I'll do anything for you your Majesty" She said with cheeks stained tears, her lips are plump, red as the be... More

Warning
ARC I
The Concubine
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
ARC II
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
Not an Update
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX

XIX

341 20 0
By Coletxxie

DAE
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Sweating... She's sweating too heavily, her stomach was twisting and her heart was drumming faster. Neviska stood behind her, looking at her through the mirror with a worried glance, after her conversation with the princess, Dae had decided to go back to her room, she hid the key between her breast so it wouldn't be lose, but the feeling of apprehension never quite leaves her. She knows that princess said to trust her, but she's scared of the King, just the thought of his hand on her makes her nervous. What should she do? She didn't get to dwell on her thought for long when he door burst opened, her brother stepped in looking red in the face.

"Why are you not outside? What the hell are you doing sulking inside your room?" He roars in anger, she and Neviska both took a step back, but Neviska had actually grab on her, ready to protect her In case he did something bad again.

" I... I am simply preparing myself brother." She told him, trying to persuade him, trying to ease his anger, but it seems like it's not working.

" Preparing? You're already good to look at! What is there to prepare you stupid cunt?!" She flinched when he took another threatening step towards her.

" T-the king is to arrive tonight. Some of the ladies told me it is best to-to take a long bath with peach scent to entice the king... I-i plan on visiting him tonight... And offer some wine to share with him." She told him, and watched as his expression relaxes, his anger was quick to fade, he took a breath and nod his head.

" Good... That's good. Father will be pleased." He then looks at Neviska from head to toe.

" What are you staring at? Go and prepare for your mistress's bath!" He shouted again chasing her away. Neviska left them, and closed the door on her way out... Now that it was just the two of them, he smiled and turn to look at her.

" So you're planning to visit him." He stated with a mischievous smile.

" You should wear something nice, perhaps as thin silk would do you fine." Dae shivers when his brother smirks and looked at her from head to toe, his eyes lingers on her chest.

" Despite being young your breast is quite peaking... It's pleasing." He stated before looking into her eyes, she remained frozen looking into him.

" When you go to him tonight, try to bed him." He approached her and grab her arm to steady her, he didn't grab to hard, but a warning was there.

" And when you're done whisper to his ear... Tell him what good match it would be, between me and the princess." Dae had almost snorted at his word... Him? What makes him think that he is good for her? That he is up to her level? Compared to her Fredrick is nothing, he would just make a fool of himself. He would look like nothing but a roach on her heels... Nothing but a hindrance to her Majesty.

"But why? Aren't you... Married already?" She asked him, as far as Dae can remember, all of her brothers and sisters are already married. Two of her sisters were said to have been married to higher lords of their kingdom. Marcus, the crown prince of Lysos married a foreign princess from the living Island. While Ignatius married one of their third cousins, Fredrick had been married to a daughter of a lesser Lord, because of an accident, in which he got her pregnant, Clerick on the other hand married for love... They said that he married a common woman that he met on the market.

"Why? His father could take as many whore as he likes, why can't I?" Dae's eyebrow furrowed.

"Because you aren't the king... But a second son." Before she could see it coming her brother had struck her. Dae felt dizzy.

" Are you insulting me?" He screams, as his face suddenly turns red from anger again.

" I-i wasn't! I was merely stating a fact! You are a second son, before you could take a second wife the first son should have his first! Isn't It the law of our kingdom?" She asked stepping away from him, as he kept on advancing.

" You're insulting me! Belittling my position as a second son! " He screams again. Pushing her down to the ground, he sat atop her trying to grab her neck, but Dae started fighting back, no she can't have this! She won't allow it! She's done dealing with him! He wasn't her father. In her anger and frustration Dae had actually hit him in the face hard causing for him to stumble down, he was shocked by the force of her hit, and Dae took that chance to stand, scrambling on her feet.

" Y-you cannot hit me!" She screams at him. Although fear was already evident in her trembling body, she won't allow him to undermine her again nor hit her. She has the princess, the princess will protect her.

" I-if you dare and hit me again! I will tell the princess! And you will be just like your friend! A lord without a tongue!" She threatened him before she storms out of the room. She run away without looking back, she did it this time, she knows that the second he got a hold of her he would beat her closer to the brink of death. Dae let her feet take her where it wanted to take her, she didn't think, she just run... Run like a tiger that was caged would do when the gate is open... She only ever stops when she entered the princess' garden. The scent of the flower washed over her body, calming her beating heart... Telling her that... She no longer needs to run. That she is safe. Away from the chaos.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
PRINCESS ROSHANNE
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Roshanne watches from her window as the large beast Aureus flew above the castle, it's loud rumbling shakes the foundation of the castle, announcing that the king had arrived. Followed Aureus is none other than sunstar, the traitorous beast atop him is the bastard son of the king.

"They've come." Odette whispered to her after she's done braiding her hair. Roshanne just started above for a couple of minutes, just admiring the clear skies... Earlier today the sky remained clouded, rain drizzles every few hours, the land remained wet... But tonight is a sign that tomorrow the sun will appear, to give blessings to the wedding that is to be held.

"Have the king's bed prepared... He should rest early tonight. Tomorrow he and his party will go to the hunt before he goes to his wedding." She commanded before leaving her room, the other servants that she met on her way out told her that the king went straight to his study.

" Are you going to speak to him?" Alastair asked as he met her on the way to his office, she nods her head while she keeps her head up.

"Better be careful." He whispered while he looks around as if he was on guard again.

"Why?" She asked him pausing a bit to look at him before continuing to move.

"He's been in a foul mood since. He lost two sons again." This time she stopped fully and looked up at Alastair. Eyer furrowed.

"Again? Who?" She placed her hand on her chest. A habit she had
made over the years to show anxiety.

"The 9th and the 10th prince." Roshanne gasp at Alastair's news.

"Lou and Aiden." She stated dismayed, those two boys, Lou and Aiden were both like Khalil at some point, they are both sweet and a great asset to their kingdom, and her potential allies. To hear them die during the battle is a great tragedy.

"Yes." Alastair confirmed. Roshanne closes her eyes, and clenched her fist, she took a deep breath before shaking her head.

"Tell me more of it on our way." She demanded Alastair as they continued to walk in a much slower phase. Lou and Aiden are the sons of lady Helena and lady Dara... This would devastate them for sure.

"I don't know how it clearly happens, But some of the soldiers told me that Lou was fighting besides the bastard. They said one of the sons of the king Of Adari took a spear and attacked them, the spear was meant for Kaspian, but Lou stood in the way, shielding him. The spear went through his throat, killing him in an instant... But there are also people who are claiming that Kaspian took Lou as a shield in act of desperation. And I choose to believe the latter." Of course it was the latter, Lou wouldn't risk his life! He's a smart boy who promised his mother that he'll be safe and promised his wife and two sons and young daughter that he will come back no matter what. Now that promise is broken all because of a bastard. Roshanne clenches her jaw, that stupid bastard! Oh Roshanne promised herself that she will not give him a quick death, she would make him want death to come by the time she is through with him... Death is a simple and quick compared to the misery he puts on Lou's family.

"And what of Aiden?" She asked again.

"Aiden's dragon was shot by a dragon bolt in the eye and neck, Xerxes fell from the sky and crushed Aiden when they hit the ground." Roshanne shakes her head, she could already imagine Lady Helena weeping as Aiden's younger sister try and comfort her.

"The bodies? Where is it?" It looks like there will be funeral after the wedding. It is something she will have to prepare, usually it's the job of the queen or the heir is the queen is not available, but since Kaspian is a bastard who knew nothing of royal duties, this duties actually fell to her.

"Aiden's body was left underneath his dragon, they said the fall was too gruesome and decided to leave it there. Lou's body was burnt on the ground after they retreat and father burned the fields as another desperate act into keeping the Adarians at bay." Roshanne quietly hissed, another funeral without a body.

"Father's going to send some daughters too, that's what he talked about with his generals before returning." This made Roshanne paused and stared at Alastair... Not long ago her father refused to send her and her other sisters who's volunteering into going to war when they had a shortage of men, insulting them and saying what do they know of war.

"No, that cannot happen, no daughter of his would be sent to war. Let him suffer the consequences of his actions alone." She growled before walking again, this time with hurried steps, Alastair followed her closely.

"Will you tell him too about our marriage proposal?" He inquired.

"No, not today... Maybe after the wedding." She smiles and held his cheeks, she kissed him before standing in front of her father's door.

"Wait here." She ordered before opening the door. Usually people who does that ended up dead or hanged, but she doesn't care, he can't touch her, if he does he will start a war with the temple.

"Father." She greeted him, he just regarded her with a displeased look. He was sulking in his chair, glowering, meaning he is not successful into conquering the kingdom.

"Daughter." He grumbles before looking away from her. When she closes the door Roshanne notices that his room was dark save from the light that the magic lamp besides his table was emitting.

"I heard of the terrible news. Lou and Aiden." She noticed the way his eyebrow furrowed.

"You lost two legitimate sons. Just to save a bastard who doesn't have stronger claim." He didn't speak, he remained silent, but she knows he is bothered.

"How was the assault?" She approaches him, standing in front of him, looking down at his pathetic form... Frail and weak... His hair turning grey and black, the golden locks are slowly disappearing, and the more it does... The more her hair glows. The soul of Sol is slowly transferring to her.

"A failure. They managed to get the other city back pushing us back at the bay road." He murmured looking down at the map that was on his table. The bay road serves as the boundary between the kingdom of Adari and Solvira. If they were pushed back... Meaning they managed to cease the Golden Hills... Puting the death of the former crown prince in vain.

"Hah! So Khalil's death was for nothing." She didn't flinch when the king hit his fist against the table.

"If you're here just to mock me! I suggest you step out." She smiles at him.

"Mock you? Father I was merely stating a fact, and I wasn't blaming you. Wasn't it Kaspian who took the charge in the assault? Wasn't it him who failed to do what you wanted? God's if you didn't help maybe the Adarians might have conquered few of our territory. Imagine how weak he is." This made her father stop from frowning, she's getting him.

"It was a simple job. Secure the Golden Hills, cease the neighboring city and done." She looks at him.

"I could do that." This made him look at her, his eyes filling with hope. Oh but she wasn't going to do it.

" But I couldn't, the temple needed me and the people needed the temple. I can't just leave." She shakes her head before placing her hand on her hips. He frowns again.

"Speaking of the temple... A letter arrived from Cardinal Francois." She placed the envelope to the table. She watches as he opened it slowly and waited for him to read it before speaking.

" They are inviting you to held your wedding at the temple, he will officiate the wedding with the blessings of Cardinal Theo and Cardinal Agustus." This seems to enlighten their father, his eyes glowing with delight.

" The Gods blessed this wedding." He stated reading over the that one particular sentence where the Cardinal mentioned of a dream from the Goddess says it's a wedding she have blessed.

" The Gods must have took pity on me." He murmured before laughing.

" I will have my golden child." He stated again before setting down the paper.

" Very well, I shall take my leave... I will rest to prepare for tomorrow." She nods her head and bowed before stepping out of his office. Alastair was still standing where she left him. She quickly approached him and intertwined their arms.

" Hurry, we must go and see Dae... I need to speak to her." She told him pulling him with her.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

They arrived at Dae's room just in time to see her donning on a red silk nightgown.

Roshanne stood their for a moment just looking at the woman Dae suddenly had became, her eyes glimmers beneath the light of the chandelier in her room, her skin looks softer than usual, her hair was on her shoulder oiled up, flowers adorned her hair, she looks radiant, that even Alastair was left speechless with his mouth agape.

"Well... Ehm... Excuse me." He said before stepping back out of the room, she looks at him just in time to see a prominent blush on his face... Which confused her, Alastair? Blushing? It's quite unusual of him. Anyway she returns her attention back at Dae who remained standing as the servants continues to dress her up, applying some blush aswell as Spraying some perfumes.

"You... Look pleasing. " She complimented her, Dae smiles at her before biting her lower lip. She couldn't fight the smile that crept upon her lips. She was pleased that the princess had complimented her looks. Roshanne then looked at the servants and deared her throat an indication that she wishes to be left alone with Dae. The servants cast her one glance before nodding their head and left.

Once alone Roshanne approached Dae, and upon Closer inspection she realized that Dae's clothes are thin enough to show what was hidden beneath. This made her raise her brow.

"With this kind of clothes the king would think that you'll likely going to let him have you." She murmured while fixing Dae's hair. Her hair was softer tonight.

"I - I wasn't you're Highness!!!" Dae had exclaimed. She smiles though she could already tell that a frown was setting upon her lips. Something about the thought of her father laying his hand on her possession leaves a bitter taste in her mouth. Dae was basically hers. She owns her, the bracelet was its proof. Her alliance to her was the proof. But she also understand that Dae is an important peace in her plan... So why was she upset about it? Why is she thinking of changing her plans?

"You're highness?" Dae called her snapping her out of her own bitter thoughts. She almost made a stupid decision.

"Hmmm, I'm just Jesting." She stated averting her gaze from her.

" Tomorrow's is your big day." She murmured.

" Your father won't arrive on time. So it would be your brother who's going to walk you down the isle." She told her, watching carefully for her reaction, Dae did not say anything just listened. So Roshanne continued speaking.

" Are you ready? My father's already in his room. The wine would be sent to his room, and he will be informed that you will visit tonight." Dae looks down into her hand and nods her. Roshanne smiles and reached towards her, giving her hand a small squeeze.

" Everything will be fine. If he tries to touch you tell him that you are saving yourself for the big day. But I doubt he wouldn't have the time to even ask that." Dae nods her head, but Roshanne could still see the tail tale sign of doubt... And she sighed wondering what it is that she'll have to do for Dae to completely trust her.

"I'll take my leave now. Just don't forget our deal. I'll get the dagger to you tomorrow." She reminded her before kissing her cheeks and left without another word.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

193K 5.9K 31
"Alex ..." I almost did not recognize my own voice which had dropped by a few octaves becoming hoarse and sensual. "Shhhh" she sighs. "Please Elianna...
13.6K 672 26
A vampire who has given up on love at last have a shot at happiness? Can a woman with secrets of her own embrace, accept, and love the mysterious wom...
559K 14K 39
She was my sin in the middle of the night and the name my body craved. She was my passion and I was her curiosity. From her infectious smile to those...
305K 8.6K 74
This feels so wrong, I can't help but think as I'm perched on the edge of her desk, my legs spread wide as my knuckles turn white from gripping the e...