MIDNIGHT | NEWJEANS

By canbefrommetoyou143

Falling inlove, It's uncontrollable. "I'll wait for you at midnight" This is work of pure fiction. Read at y... More

Author's Note
CH.1 PARTY
CH.2 WALK
CH.3 BURIED HEART
CH.4 A DINNER, A DRESS, AND YOU
CH. 5 YOHOO BEACH HOUSE FUN
CH.7 CHRISTMAS DOWNFALL
CH. 8 MY SWEET SERENITY
CH. 9 LONELY HEARTS
CH.10 WILL SHE COME BACK?
CH.11 ENDURE
CH.12 THE TEST OF FATE
CH.13 WHAT AWAITS YOU
CH.14 MAKE AMENDS
CH.15 JEALOUS
CH.16 ROOM OF MEMORIES
CH.17 AWKWARD

CH.6 SHE WAS EVERYTHING

238 19 2
By canbefrommetoyou143

Office
Narrator's Point Of View

It was a saturday night, most people would be out and about, drinking, clubbing, or just sleeping in the comfort of their home. Kang Haerin on the other hand had locked herself in her office, refusing to leave the premises. She's drowning in paperwork, focused on her books, and her own demons. It had been a week since their fun weekend together, a week had past since she saw Hanni. The night they went home, she waited for Eunchae to fall asleep, packed a bag, and went to her brother's apartment.

"Haerin? It's 12am what are you doing here?" Soobin had woken up from several knocks on his apartment door.
"I'm crashing here for a few days, if that's okay?" Haerin slumped her body on the couch, tired of everything. Soobin saw the distress his sister was feeling and went to the kitchen to make them Hot chocolate.
"Did you and Eunchae fight?" He said as he settled their drink on the table.
"No, I just need some time away from everyone." He knew something was up, growing up they only had each other to confide in, mostly Soobin talking and Haerin listening to him.
"I tell you my problems and you tell me yours, those are our rules Haerinie." He turns to her sister and holds both her hands.
"I think I like Hanni, but I..." She stops, deep in thought. Soobin waited patiently for his sister's next words.
"But I think I might still love Jihye or maybe I'm crazy, I don't know. I saw Minji when I was dress shopping with Hanni and the moment I saw her these feeling came flooding back in or maybe it was always there but I tried my best to ignore them." Haerin was rambling, something Soobin only sees when she was really stressed.
"Calm your shit down sis, I never really believed you when you said you were over Mo Danielle. Frankly, you have pictures of her at home." He gives her a disappointed look.
"You couldn't bring yourself to throw them away so you locked your room and moved out." He continued and with every word that came out of his mouth Haerin got deeper in thought.
"She was... everything." That was the only Haerin could say. It was true, she was everything to the younger kang. Their breakup affected Haerin so much, it was as if a part of her was taken, and what's left was already falling apart.

He remembered the pain his sister was in, it took her years to pull herself together, she barely did, and one bump could send Haerin back to zero. He didn't know what to say and it's not like he had the power to make things better, so he hugged her, she sobbed, the pain she tried so hard to let go of, it was still there eating her from the inside. He hugged her all night, it didn't matter if he was tired, all that mattered to Soobin was Haerin, to make her sister feel safe in his arms. He couldn't make it all better, he couldn't take the pain away. Sometimes all that matters is a hug, words couldn't heal her wounds, but a hug numbed them somehow. So that's what he did.

The phone rang, it caused Haerin to shift her gaze from her books to her phone. It was Eunchae again, calling for the 50th time, she wasn't kidding, 50 missed calls everyday. She sighed, guilt flooded her mind, her decision to leave without any trace or message, it was the right move at the time, so she opened her phone and messaged Hyein.

Hye-larious
Tuesday, 10:00am

Kang Haerin! We've been worried sick!
R

ead

Tuesday, 12:30pm

Eunchae is about to call the cops man

Read

Wednesday, 6:35pm

I went to the hospital, Chaewonie told me you were there but you didn't want any visitors.

Read

Wednesday, 8:50pm

I saw you at the campus park earlier, I wasn't sure if you wanted any company, you seemed deep in thought. I miss you Unnie.

Read

Thursdays, 11:10pm

We miss you, we went to the movies earlier. Hanni didn't talk much, I guess she misses you too. I don't know what happened or if something did happen. Please talk to us.

Read

12:00am

Unnie? You read it!

Read

12:01am

Hyein-ah, I'm sorry I know I made you guys worry, I just wanted to be alone. I know I should've said something but at the time, leaving seemed like the better option. I'm fine, please don't worry anymore. I miss you.

12:02am

I figured as much, Eunchae on the other hand really wants you back, I guess she can't live without you. I'm a little jealous.

12:05am

I promise I'll be back, I have to go Hye.

Coffee Shop
Narrator's Point Of View

Haerin woke from her slumber, she laid in bed staring at the blank white ceiling of her brother's apartment. She wasn't sure what to make of this pathetic escape from reality, Hanni. She turned to her side looked at her phone, she checked it, Dead Battery.

"Might as well" she mumbles and gets up from bed.

Haerin lazily stumbled out of her room, seeing this Soobin chuckles and prepares her a plate.

"Good morning sleepyhead, you came home pretty late last night." Soobin said, wearing his clean white polo and black slacks.
"Yeah, I shadowed dad at the office, to meet with his patients and stuff, and lots of studying." Haerin slumps on the kitchen stool, resting her chin on her hand.
"Well then, I need to head out, Mom wants me at the office." He serves Haerin with toasts and eggs and hurriedly gathers his things.
"If you're not going to the hospital or anywhere else, order food, I do not want you burning my kitchen." He shouted as he left the apartment.

It was just Haerin again, alone with her thoughts, she wondered if it was the right time to return to her apartment. She misses her own bed and her roommate, the way Eunchae would barged in her room to wake her up or she would just jump in bed with Haerin to cuddle with her. Haerin chuckled at the memories she had shared with Eunchae, she finished eating and washed the remaining dishes, and got ready to leave.

In the midst of packing her clothes, Haerin saw something every familiar on the top right corner of her cabinet. A white jacket, black lining on it's sleeves, and star designs around. Haerin's heart skipped a beat, her breathing got heavier as each second passes, she slowly reached for it and held it in her hands.

"Just when I thought I've erased every trace of your existence, you keep coming back to me." Haerin mumbled to herself, clutching the jacket, it's been in storage for a while but a tinge of the calming sunflower scent she used to wear.

Coffee Shop, 2021
Narrator's Point Of View

"Baby come on! Hurry!" Danielle shouts at Haerin who was panting, trying to catch up to her overly excited girlfriend. She was doing her cute jump, her white star jacket hanging loose on her arms.
"I'm so tired! Why couldn't we just have coffee at the city!" Haerin shouted back, she finally caught up with her girlfriend who was smiling brightly at her, holding out her hand for her lover.
"We're always at the city, I wanted something new, something fresh! And cozy!" Haerin smiled at her cuteness and caressed Danielle's face.
"What's wrong baby?" Danielle asks and rests her arms on Haerin's shoulder, Haerin stares at Danielle with so much adoration.
"You're just so adorable." Haerin kisses Danielle's cheek and dragged the latter towards the coffee shop resting up on the hill.

"It's so beautiful!" Danielle exclaims, the girl looks around at the cozy coffee shop, paintings, aesthetically pleasing furnitures and the view of the city was seen through the big windows of the coffee shop.
"Let's go here everyday!" Danielle says as she happily drinks her beverage.
"Everyday?! Baby we drove for an hour to get to this place."
"Please! Haerin-ah" They way she says Haerin's name, it was too cute to resist, it made Haerin's heart jump up and down.
"Alright baby, we will." Danielle smiles at her and kisses her lips. It was the perfect moment, sitting down side by side, holding each other, drinking coffee and cocoa, and overlooking the city. Haerin couldn't ask for anything but to make this moment last.

Coffee Shop, 2024
Narrator's Point Of View

Haerin walks calmly up the hill, she forgot how tiring it was to come to this coffee shop, and she wasn't exactly sure why she chose this place, of all coffee shops in the city.

The aromatic scent of flowers and coffee lingered in her nose once she reached the top of the hill, it looked exactly how she imagined it, except there were more light hanged outside. Haerin entered the coffee shop, it wasn't crowded but it had a few people in it, some were on their laptops, and most were couples enjoying their time together. She was in line to buy a coffee when she heard something awfully familiar, an angelic voice.

Haerin's Point Of View

"A mochaccino and fruit tart please." That voice....
"Card or cash, Miss?"
"I'll play cash, thank you." It's no doubt, it's her voice.

The moment she turned around, I froze, she was looking at me surprised, and she was about to say something when I walked forward and ordered my coffee. I was patiently waiting for my coffee, knowing full well that she was glancing towards my direction from time to time.

"I don't what I did to deserve this, universe." I said to myself, trying to ignore the urge to look up.

My eyes were glued to my phone, waiting for the barista to call my name to claim my order. It was quiet for a while, I was starting to ease up on my seat but then her calm sunflower scent had to invade my nose.
"Hi" I heard her say quietly, probably so she wouldn't scare me away. I paid no attention to her and kept reading emails on my phone.
"It's been a while since I've seen you and here of all places." She settles herself comfortably beside me. Scrolling through her phone waiting for me to notice her presence. She only got up to claim her order but she still sat beside me, enjoying her peace and food.
"Haerin-ah I-" That name...
"I don't see the point in us talking, Danielle." I cut her off, trying to calm my anger. The nerve of this girl to talk to me so casually, after everything that happened to us. Our fall out.
"I just wanted to apologize, I never really got that chance before, we didn't end things on a good note." She kept talking but I still couldn't look up to meet her eyes. I was too afraid that once I look up.
"Okay, you're forgiven so please stop talking anymore. I really don't need this today." I sighed and got up, claiming my order and leaving in a hurry.

Once I reached the the place I parked at downhill, I let out the breathe I didn't know I was so desperately holding. In a state of panic, I start my car and drove back to the city, swearing that I will never go back to that place again.

Apartment
Narrator's Point Of View

The moment Haerin arrived at her apartment she got jumped by her roommate, shaking, and slapping her torso. Eunchae opened up about how worried she was when she realized that the girl didn't come home, more over she didn't leave any message to anyone.

"I'm sorry! Please don't hit me anymore!" Haerin rubs her aching arm, which earned her a hug from Eunchae.
"I missed you bro, I had no one to hang out with, Hyein was too busy to stay the night, Yunjin Unnie was doing a creative film with Hanni Unnie." Eunchae's eyes went wide, running to her room to get her phone.
"Hanni Unnie!" She then shouted and jumping beside her roommate
"I promised to call her as soon as you came home." The girl was about to Hanni but Haerin took her phone.
"No! Do not call her, please." Haerin pleaded, which earned a concerned look from Eunchae.
"Did something happen?" Haerin sighs, not wanting to get into detail with what's happening with her.
"You'll be here when I need someone to talk to, right?" Haerin asks.
"Always, you're like my sister. If you don't wanna talk about it now, I'll be waiting when your ready. "

Midnight
Narrator's Point Of View

The apartment was peaceful and quiet, Eunchae and Haerin were deep asleep on the couch, until Eunchae's phone rang, Huh Yunjin, it stirred both of them awake.

"Manchae-ah." Yunjin's voice sounded a tas worried. Which in result alerted the younger girl.
"Unnie? Do you need anything?"
"Is Hanni with you? She hasn't answered my calls or texts." As soon as Eunchae heard Hanni's name she puts her call on speaker phone, pulling Haerin close to her so she can hear it clearly.
"No Unnie, Hyein told me Hanni was out with some friends. Didn't she tell you?"
"She didn't tell me, she has been quite gloomy and moody these past few days. Probably still mad about Haerin ghosting us." Eunchae looked at a guilty Haerin.
"I'll call Hyein and pick her Hanni Unnie wherever she is. I'll call you later."
"Thanks Manchae!"

Eunchae hurriedly dialed Hyein's number, both trying to figure out where there small friend might have gone to. Just then, Hyein remembered that Hanni mentioned the newly opened bar that they wanted to go to. Eunchae looked at Haerin, while the girl was just staring into abyss.

"What?" Haerin then asked, Eunchae buried her face on her pillow, tired of her friends cluelessness
"Well, pick her up! You heard Yunjin Unnie earlier didn't you, she's upset because you ghosted us." Haerin sighs and gets ready to head out, she was guilty about how the way she handled it all.
"I'll call you when I pick her up."

ASAP Bar
Narrator's Point Of View

Haerin was pushing through a drunk crowd, trying to look for Hanni. Just then, she spot a small girl, her jet black hair let down, wearing her black skirt, and black hoodie.
The girl was drunk and alone, where was these friends Hyein mentioned about, she sat beside Hanni, ordered a cold beer, and waited for Hanni to notice her.

"Bartender, another round please" Hanni said, all slurred and dizzy.
"Oh no no, she's had just about enough. The girl can barely keep her eyes open and her speech straight." Haerin politely smiled at the bartender.
"You? You!" Hanni then pushed Haerin and slapped her arm
"I hate you! You were gone for a week Kang Haerin! No text! no calls!, after what hall in the bedroom or what didn't happen...I don't know! I hate you!" She kept pushing and pushing Haerin.
"Okay, enough, I've already suffered Eunchae's punches, I don't want another round. Alright let's go." Haerin paid for her and Hanni's drink, then called Eunchae to ask for directions to Hanni's apartment.

"You're such an ass, you rejected my calls and messages. I'm not talking to you anymore." She cutely slumped into Haerin's car seat.

Hanni's Apartment
Narrator's Point Of View

"Hanni, what floor is your apartment?" Haerin was helplessly carrying her friend, Hanni's right arm on Haerin's shoulder while the latter's hand was on Hanni's waist to support and give her a little balance.
"9, you fucker." Hanni jabs Haerin's side which caused the girl to groan, almost losing both their balance.

Haerin and Hanni stumbled towards Hanni's apartment door, the drunk girl was fumbling for her keys which turns out, it wasn't there. Haerin decided to knock inside, feeling Hanni's weight get even heavier.

"Excuse me is 3am-" Haerin was surprised, Minji wearing her white oversized shirt, and her hair tied up in messy bun.
"Haerin? Hanni?" Minji was standing there staring at Haerin.
"All this standing is making me nauseous." Hanni then said, slurred and dizzy.
"I got her, you should probably go." Minji was about to carry Hanni when Haerin picked the drunk girl up bridal style.
"Move it Kim, I can handle her. " Haerin slightly shoved Minji to the side.
"Her room is at the right, the only door there." Minji whispered and pointed at the door. She was feeling annoyed by how Haerin is carrying Hanni.

The ruckus caused another person to emerged from a bedroom, it was Danielle, surprised and slightly confused.

"Haerin-ah?" She called which was ignored by the latter.

Bedroom
Narrator's Point Of View

Haerin gently placed drunk Hanni on her bed, she was taking of the girl's shoes and was contemplating whether to change the girl.

"I can change her, thank you for dropping her off." The voice of her Minji resonated in the room, her annoyance was raging.
"I told you I can handle it, Kim" Haerin didn't spare another glance at the said girl.
"Come on Pham, work with me here." She was shuffling and navigating her way through Hanni's cabinet to find her more comfortable clothes to wear.
"You know Kang, you're such an ass." That phrase was on repeat, Hanni wanted Haerin to remember.
"So I've heard." That was the only thing Haerin said as she placed the clothes on the bed.
"The way you looked at me that day, the way you smiled, we danced together, had fun together, damn, I even go out at midnight because apparently that's your only free time." Hanni then pulled Haerin's collar, urging the cat-like girl to face her.
"I like you, idiot, but you're a damn flight risk. Atleast tell me face-to-face that you don't like me back, don't run off to God knows where." Hanni was drunk, that's what Haerin thought, she was just drunk that's why she was saying all those unbelievable things. Haerin knows better than anyone, that alcohol can be anyone's truth serum.
"That's enough Gin & Tonic for you, I swear Pham if you throw up on me, I'm dumping a bucket of ice on your head." Haerin chuckles lightly, the confession was a bit abrupt, but all she cared about was making sure Hanni was well rested.
"Didn't you hear me?! I said I like you, damn it." That's it, Pham Hanni has had enough, the girl on Haerin's collar tighten, and she got pulled towards Hanni.

Haerin felt a soft pair of lips on hers, the taste of lime still slightly evident on Hanni's lips. Haerin wasn't sure what to make out of her situation, she does feel something for the older girl but she was still figuring it out. Still, she closed her eyes and responded to Hanni's kiss. It was long, it wasn't a hungry kiss or a sexual one for that matter, it was rather sweet, Hanni poured her unspoken feelings into their kiss and so did Haerin.

Once they pulled away, they kept their gaze on each other, as if they were back at the beach house, finishing what they couldn't even start. Hanni looked at Haerin's eyes and then back to her lips. Haerin was staring straight at Hanni's eyes, trying to find meaning, not because they kissed, she treated Hanni like a mirror, she was asking herself what Pham Hanni meant to her.

Haerin's Point Of View

After I changed Hanni's clothes, I gently laid her body to make sure she's comfortable and rested. The week I've been through, to try and figure out what exactly I'm feeling, all thrown out the window the moment she kissed me. All efforts were rendered moot.

"I don't know if I like you, maybe I do? maybe I'm starting to. Please give me time Pham, I'm trying so hard to figure out where my heart's at, I don't want to hurt anyone, especially you." Those were the words I wanted you to hear.

"Even if I tell you the things I want to say, you wouldn't hear me." But these are the words I chose to let out of my mouth.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Note: currently figuring out how to put Dani into all of this:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.1K 2.5K 19
"I am a different kind of lover Hanni. I am a silent lover." 🐒 | Expect some wrong spellings and grammars | 🐒
108K 3.9K 33
#6 in stray kids series ❝I'll wait for you.❞ (Y/N) (L/N) isn't a normal high school girl. She doesn't have a normal life. Actually, quite the opposit...
6.4K 236 48
Even a fool knows this I don't have anything for you Back towards you One more step, I will never stop You can't turn around I know I'm a fool I can'...
10.7K 738 27
Inspired by Twinkling Watermelon. 🐒 | Reminder that I'm not a professional writer so expect some obvious mistakes thank you. | 🐒