King's Obsession

By ASTERHaru

In the realm of shadows, their souls collide, He, a tempest of hatred, she, love's gentle tide. A monstrous h... More

CHAPTER-1 Rouse Kingdom
CHAPTER-2 Crown Prince
CHAPTER-3 The royal family
CHAPTER - 4 (PURGE PART - 1)
CHAPTER -5 ( PURGE-2)
CHAPTER -6 ( PURGE-END)
CHAPTER -7 EMPEROR
CHAPTER -8 KING AND QUEEN
CHAPTER-9 FRUSTRATION
CHAPTER-11 First kiss of acceptance(END OF SEASON)
CHAPTER-12 Truth of 'The monarch'
CHAPTER-13 Preparation of wedding
CHAPTERS-14 Monster
CHAPTER-15 Fight to protect
CHAPTER-16 Escape part-1
CHAPTER-17 Escape-part 2
Author's note
CHAPTER-18 Crimson fire
CHAPTER-19 Last memories
CHAPTERS-20 Return to the palace
CHAPTER-21 Another beginning or end?

CHAPTER -10 CORONATION

110 5 0
By ASTERHaru

Today is hell for me,  because today is Ragnarök's coronation ceremony. As his future queen, the maids aren't letting me go.

I know it's the royal palace, but it's ten times worse than my mansion. Every part of my body shines like a diamond; I look like a boiled egg.

“Sofia, give me a break. I am tired,” Carol weeps while the maids were doing her makeup.

“No can do, your highness. It's the bare minimum for the future empress. We didn't have enough time to prepare. As the head maid, it's our duty to make your and your highness's coronation perfect.”

“Haah… at least let me eat something. I want to eat bread. Servants only gave me fruits for the past few days,” Carol whines.

“After the ceremony, you can eat all you want. Until then, bear with it,” she says as Sofia tightened her corset.

“Ugh… I am going to die… Sofia, be gentle. Where is that useless king of yours? Where is he when I am suffering to death here?” Carol shouts in frustration.

"The Emperor is also busy preparing and looking after the aftermath of the war.
All those taking care of rebels left some nobles displeased with him.

And in the past, your majesty wasn't everyone's favourite.

I have been working here for 40 years now, but still, I am afraid of the emperor,” Sofia said as she adjusted Carol's dress.

“He can be scary, but when I am with him, more than fear, I feel safe. Maybe because I know he won't do anything to me ,” Carol thought.

“Now, for the most important thing…" A silence filled the room as the corset for Carol appeared.

“What the hell? I am not wearing this!” Carol shouted in agony, tries to get away.

“Language and manner, your highness the crown princess,” Sofia said as she held her hand, preventing her from running.

Four maids grabbed her so that they could fit Carol into the corset.
It was hard work, as Carol hated it and struggled.

After a while of struggling and exhaustion, they succeeded in making her wear it.

“If I die because of a lack of oxygen, you all are to blame,” she cried in frustration.

Her ceremonial dress was blue, as the kingdom's royal color was blue.
Nobody else was allowed to wear the blue color at the ceremony besides Carol and Ragnarök.

Today, at the ceremony, they will be bound together forever.

ON THE OTHER SIDE:-

“Is it really a good idea, Chloe?
You know how cruel and ruthless King Ragnarök is.
If he knew about you meeting with your father secretly, it wouldn't be a light punishment," Grey said in worry to Chloe, who was getting ready for the ceremony.

“I am not Beth anymore, I am a Hemsworth, the family of fearless knights. You expect me to sit back and see my sister suffer.

No! If you would rather not help me, I will find a way,” Chloe said angrily.

She sat at the dressing table annoyed.
Grey got close to her slowly, hugging her from behind.

“I said all this because I am worried about you.
Not that I am scared.....
Fine, if you want it, I will fulfill your request.
I'll find a way for you to meet our Beth,” he coaxed her and made a serious face.

The coronation ceremony process will start with the Recognition, the anointing, the Coronation Oath, and the Homage. But because Ragnarök doesn't believe in those rituals and Rouse kingdom lost its divine power long ago, just an oath in front of the whole kingdom and the new noble he selected will be enough.

More than a coronation ceremony, it was an engagement ceremony for Carol and him.
.

.

.

In Ragnarok's offices:-

“So, who was it that had a problem with my wife-to-be?” Ruby eyes stared daggers at the man who was the new prime minister of the kingdom.

“N-No, your majesty, I was just saying… It is going too fast… we should investigate Carol Beth's origin and past. B-Being a queen is a big responsibility.” The man was scared but still dared to give him a suggestion.

"Gabriel Rouse, you have the guts to speak like that in front of me. As expected from Duke Rouse's son.

What?

You think Carol is like your sister, who had an indecent relationship with a mere commoner and even bore his child? Carol's origin is me, and her past is my existence.

Don't discuss this matter anymore.” He growls and glares at him in anger.

Gabriel clenches his fists in frustration and anger. He wasn't happy about his sister's death; he had to serve the one who killed her all his life.

" One day, I will take you down." He thinks clenching his fist.

Ragnarök steps outside in a bad mood. In a dark corridor, he calls out to CERBERUS.

A man with red eyes, black clothes, and black hair appears out of nowhere, kneeling.

“Your majesty.”

“In the ceremony, many people will try to find my weakness. For that, they will try reaching Count Beth. Don't let them meet him. Another thing, Carol's safety comes first, more than anything. If danger comes, save her first. If not, I will come to the other side to end your existence, Cerberus.”

Cerberus, his words made him frightened and tremble while kneeling. It wasn't a bluff; Ragnarök was serious about every word he said.

“Yes, your majesty,” he says as he disappeared into the dark.
.

.

“By the way, Sofia… Where is Cerberus's room?” Carol asks Sofia. Carol wearing a white necklace and white diamond jewelry to complement the blue.
She was looking like a mermaid in the Ocean, shining like a diamond.

“Cerberus? Your highness, whom are you referring to?” Confusion arises on Sofia's face as she asks.

“Cerberus… Ragnarök's dog, who has the same red eyes as him….”

“No, your highness. I have been working here for 40 years and I still haven't seen any royal raising a dog. Are you sure your majesty has one?”

Maybe he is secretly raising him and doesn't want others to find out. I shouldn't out my husband's secret. Ugh, what the hell am I thinking? What husband? We are not even married yet.....

Her cheeks flushed just by the thought, and she goes into her world.

"Your highness, you are ready to go.
Oh my God, you look so elegant and beautiful.
But please don't speak to the noble as you normally do.” Sofia and other maids admired her beauty.

“I will, I will. Don't worry.” She showed them a peace sign with a cheerful laugh.

“Now, your majesty is waiting for you. Go, your highness.” She hesitates a little. What was normal until now became a gigantic mountain to walk.

Her feet got heavy in nervousness,as if there is no strength left in them.

“Sofia, I am scared.” She turns to Sofia and steps back.

“No worries, your highness. He is your future now.” Sofia warmly smiles at her, making her comfortable.

She takes steps slowly. Before, her sister accompanied her, but now she doesn't have anybody other than Ragnarok.

She sees Ragnarök standing straight without a smile, waiting for her. In a blue suit, with gold blonde hair, shining from the light.

Her heels clacked along the floor, telling Ragnarok, her arrival.

He turns to her, her sight first gave him a surprise, left him speechless.
He looked at her as if she was the only one he could see at that moment.

But after he pulled out his hand, offering her, a bright smile appeared on his face.
As he said those love-filled, honeyed words.

“You look quite decent today, my wife.”he smiled.

Blushing wouldn't be fair to Carol's reaction; she was an erupting volcano, ready to explode.

His sweet words explained why he was the biggest Casanova of the kingdom.

“What… wife…? We are not married yet,” she says in embarrassment.

“Yet… I wanted to get married today though,” he laughs slowly.
She gives him her hand, he gently holds her wrist and kisses the back of her hand.

“Shut up…" Her continuing blushing and throbbing heart made her restless.

.

.

“Carol, will you marry me?” he asks as the fireworks cover the whole glass window.

In his red ruby eyes, the most beautiful jewelry will look like a pebble.
She was immersed in that beautiful moment.

The hand he's holding, she holds it back tightly and averts her gaze.

A low voice in the fireworks,
which brought Ragnarök's a genuine smile, not his usual mocking snicker.

“....... Umm... Okay......”

Meanwhile,

“Chloe, I will make an opportunity for you to slip into the dungeon.
Just don't get caught, my dear,” Grey says with a worried face while holding her in his arms.

THANKS FOR READING.
DO GIVE A VOTE AND COMMENT IF YOU LIKE.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9K 491 28
Him: I've become crazy in your love. She: I never asked you to love me. (She says with an emotionless face) Him: (Seeing her reaction, his heart ache...
653K 29.6K 42
'Do you know why you are suspended from ceiling krasivaya?' he whispers in my ears and wipes the sweat dripping from my neck due to the trepidation a...
809 54 25
[MATURE CONTENT/NO RAPE] He was Fire... She was Water... But how could fire and water become one without destroying one another? ~ "Why are you ru...
152 7 50
𝐀 𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐒𝐈𝐍│𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝟏 "Does that mean...", I hesitate to continue, looking down at my hands, too embarrassed to look him in the eyes fo...