Stone World's Chef

By Septiplyierfangirl

Ishigami Byakūya adopted Senkū when he was only two year old when his biological parents passed away. The you... More

Chapter 2; Forest's Bounty
Chapter 3; New Glasses
Chapter 4; Foraging with Suika

Chapter 1; Good Morning

245 7 0
By Septiplyierfangirl

Jyūoku Ishigami was a smart girl. Nowhere near as bright as her baby brother, but she had some street smarts to her. She squinted her eyes hard at the blurry hand outstretched to her.

She had woken up to stone cracking and leaves rustling and birds singing their gentle tunes. She had passed out in her kitchen while taking her online college class. How did she end up outside and where were her glasses?

"Good morning. You have been reborn into a world that has no owner. No one owns the planet and nature provides us with a veritable bounty."

Jyūoku - "What? What happened?"

"Three thousand, seven hundred years ago, the world was turned to stone. Now, we are living the way nature intended without the greediness of the adults who owned everything. Join my Kingdom of Might and provide us with your useful talents."

Jyūoku - "Hate to break it to you, but I'm near sighted as hell. I can't really do anything without my glasses."

"Tsukasa, she's useless. Leave her here to be eaten by the wolves. We don't have the resources to spare for another useless mouth."

Jyūoku's eyes widened in disbelief and fear. That voice didn't sound much older than herself, and to hear that more contempt for another life terrified her.

Tsukasa - "Hyoga, be polite. Nearsightedness is an obstacle, however that is no reason for this young lady to be killed. Come now, miss. I have some clothes prepared for you."

Minami - "Hey Jyūoku! Long time no speak!"

Jyūoku - "Senpai?"

Minami Hokutozai was Jyūoku's senior back when they were in school. Minami was popular and often paid Jyūoku to cook and bake for her parties or to have her dear younger brother for tutoring.

Minami - "Okay boys, time to leave us be. No need to watch a lady change."

The sounds of the group leaving the area filled Jyūoku's ears.

Minami - "I know this is gonna sound strange, but the entire human populace has been petrified for over thirty-seven hundred years. That kid you knew, Ishigami Senku, was killed for wanting to use his science to bring back all of humanity or whatever, so don't worry too much about it."

Jyūoku - "Senku...was killed?"

Her eyes started watering immediately.

Minami - "There we go. A cute maroon dyed leather dress. Let's go show you around. I can't talk freely right now. I'll explain more later."

The last bit was whispered so quietly that she barely heard it, but she trusted her old friend enough to rub her eyes to vanquish the tears. Jyūoku was lifted to her feet, popping bones and joints she didn't even know she had. Minami guided her to a large open area where people were digging massive holes, a few fires were crackling away, and a loud voice kept screaming.

Minami let Jyūoku slump her weight on her. Try as she might, her voice refused to work and her limbs felt like jelly. She was petrified in stone for thousands of years and the second she wakes up, she's told her baby brother was murdered, so forgive her for not being able to function properly.

Tsukasa - "Minami, when I had asked you to find a cook, Miss, Jyūoku was it, was your first and vehement suggestion. May I ask why?"

Minami - "Jyūoku was a prodigy in the culinary arts. She took college level cooking classes in grade school and became club president of our high school cooking club. Before the petrification, Jyūoku got a full ride scholarship to three of the top ten culinary academies around the world. Le Cordon Bleu in Paris, C.I.A in America, and Bangkok Thai Cooking Academy in Thailand.

She takes online courses because she was the guardian of her younger brother while their father was away on business. She has a refined palate and an acute sense of smell for ingredients. Her family used to go on camping trips and she would sniff out wild vegetables, herbs, and spice plants. For a chef, no one is more skilled than Jyūoku."

Tsukasa - "I see. Jyūoku, it's a pleasure to have you join our ranks. I'll introduce you to the others."

A large, yet gentle hand was placed on her shoulder and another grasped her hand. Tsukasa led her around a mountain side. The closer she got to the mountain the louder the yells got.

Tsukasa - "You've already met Hyoga. He's chief of security. Yo isn't here, but he's in charge of our current prisoner. He used to be a former police officer."

She was guided to a rudimentary rope ladder that led into a tree.

Tsukasa - "Ukyo, come down for a minute. I want you to meet our new cook."

A yellow blur climbed down the ladder.

Ukyo - "Pleasure to meet you, I'm Saionji Ukyo. I heard that you knew this Senku guy, right?"

Tsukasa - "You knew Senku?"

Jyūoku - "He was a smart boy in the local highschool...president of the science club...he was sweet and incredibly smart..."

Tsukasa - "You sound rather upset by Senku's death."

Ukyo - "It's natural for someone to be upset by someone's death. Especially so if the deceased is someone they knew personally."

Tsukasa - "Alright. Ukyo, take Miss Jyūoku to Senku's grave to pay her respects. Then escort her down through the forest."

Ukyo - "Understood. Come this way Miss."

Jyūoku was transferred to Ukyo's arms. The yellow blur guided her across a barren dirt field. They soon stopped in front of a rudimentary cross of sticks. She couldn't stop the tears from forming.

Ukyo - "Senku was your brother, wasn't he?"

Jyūoku broke down and started sobbing over the cross. She fell to her knees and tried to keep her cries as quiet as possible.

Ukyo - "Listen, Miss Jyūoku. Some things are going to happen within the hour. I want you to stay here, no matter what you hear."

Jyūoku - "I understand, please leave me alone."

Ukyo ran off, leaving Jyūoku to her thoughts.

Jyūoku - "Sen-chan, I'm sorry...I couldn't be there to protect you...Some big sister I am. I failed you and Dad as a big sister and as the oldest child. Sen-chan, do you remember that game we used to play? Guess the Compound? You would be so confused when I showed you the different flavor profiles in chemistry form. You would demand me to teach you food chemistry and how to cook and bake. It's all science in the end right?"

She choked on a wet laugh.

Jyūoku - "It's strange. It's hard to believe that I've been stone for the past three thousand seven hundred years. It feels like it was just yesterday that I taught you the chemistry and aroma compounds of ramen. It feels like yesterday that Dad brought you home. You were so tiny, you looked like a one year old. You had such a cubby baby face and you were just learning to speak, but you were so much smarter than everyone in your age group. I remember when you found my chemistry textbook and gave it to me for your bedtime story."

She laid next to the cross.

Jyūoku - "The look of fascination on your tiny face was so cute I just couldn't resist. I think...I may have helped your big brain to latch onto science. Maybe...if I read you a cookbook instead, you might've become the world's greatest chef instead of a scientist. You would've been so precious in a little chef's coat and hat. You could've been my little sous chef. But you were the smartest person in the world. So smart...that you..."

She sniffed and more tears fell down her face.

Jyūoku - "That you were murdered because of your big brain and even bigger heart. You wanted to bring back all of humanity and because of that selfish desire I'll never see you again. I'll never be allowed to force you to sleep or eat proper meals again. I'll never have a life sized Sen-chan plushie to snuggle with at night. I won't ever be allowed to make you eat new dishes."

Jyūoku sat up and forced a smile at the cross.

Jyūoku - I hope you get to show off that big ol' brain of yours in the afterlife or in your next life. Let's spruce up your grave with some flowers. I should whip up an offering, but without my glasses, I don't trust myself around an open flame so flowers will have to do instead."

Jyūoku got to her feet and stumbled into the forest.

Jyūoku - "Some hibiscus, red spider lilies, wisteria...his grave will be fit for the smartest person that lived."

Jyūoku smiled solemnly and started to make her way back to the grave with her arms teeming with flowers. Two blurry figures stood by the grave. Well one of them stood and the other was kneeled down. She continued to make her way over, but she stopped when the kneeling figure sharply rose while yanking something out of the ground. Jyūoku heard something heavy fall off a cliff and she turned to see an orange-redish box falling.

Hyoga - "You are coming with me, my dear."

Jyūoku turned back around to see the blackish cloak that Hyoga wore. The flowers were slapped from her hands and her hands were wrenched behind her back and tightly bound with a coarse rope.

Jyūoku - "What the hell are you doing?! What's happening?!"

Hyoga - "Shut your mouth. You've been in contact with him. Now, you are our hostage."

Hyoga - "Senku was more than a kid you knew. He's your younger brother, isn't he?"

Jyūoku kept her mouth shut as she was forced to walk. The tip of a spear was pressed against the small of her back. Jyūoku stumbled into the clear that she was awakened in. She bore witness to a large machine falling on its side. 

Vote, comment, and have a fantabulous day 💚💚😊😊 
1634 words 
Enjoy 

Dr Stone is one of my favorite animes and this idea had been floating around my head for a while. Senku with an older sister is so simple yet an untapped vein of fanfic gold.

Name: Ishigami Jyūoku

Age: 22 years old

Birthday: March 24th, 1998

Jyūoku is Ishigami Byakuya's biological daughter. She is basically his doppleganger with the exact same hair and eye color. She has a severe case of nearsightedness that she uses glasses to correct. Senku was brought to her home when they were seven and a half and two respectively. Senku loved his older sister more than anything and vice versa, much to Byakuya's chagrin. 

Head of every cooking club she'd ever been apart of, she had gotten full ride scholarships to three separate culinary academies; Culinary Institute of America or C.I.A, Bangkok Thai Cooking Academy in Thailand, and Le Cordon Bleu in Paris. Jyūoku was permitted to attend virtually due to being the sole guardian of her baby brother since their father was in space. 

Jyūoku was in her kitchen while Senku was at school during the petrification. She was attending one of her online classes when her teachers and classmates were turning to stone. She was confused until her own vision went dark and she was left to her thoughts.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6K 290 42
(Inspired by the movie the age of adaline and the anime series Mermaid forest also the tappytoon series the beloved little princess along with some c...
3.6K 228 12
﹆🧦" 𝗕𝗨𝗧 𝗦𝗜𝗥, 𝗪𝗛𝗔𝗧 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗙𝗨𝗖𝗞 𝗔𝗥𝗘 𝗪𝗘 𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡 𝗗𝗢𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗘? in which shinju doesn't see the point in fighting and tries to...
674K 33.4K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...
308K 6.8K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc