My Little Miss Lawyer |BTS JI...

By AllForMrPark

'We... we took the wrong girl.' 'So, you're telling me that we just kidnapped someone?' Getting abducted was... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45 (+18)
46
47

25

1.7K 104 11
By AllForMrPark

I was way too pumped after the email and instantly requested the man to join me in a video call to get as much as possible, and to record it, and he gladly accepted.

So, now I'm here, at 6 in the morning, sitting in front of my laptop and waiting for the call from the man. Boston is 12 hours ahead, so he said he would call around 6 in the evening, when he's home from work. I would take it even if it was 3 in the morning.

I kept sipping on my coffee, clicking my nails on the surface of my desk, impatiently waiting for that damn call. And it finally happened.

06:03 AM

I answered the call and was met with a young man who smiled politely, greeting me in English.

'Hello. Miss Moon, I presume?'

'That would be me, but please, just call me Shinae, Mister Tullings.' I smile back. So damn happy I can speak English.

'Please, Josh is more than alright.'

'Alright then, Josh it is.'

I explained the entire thing to him, telling him the truth. I told him that I have a dear friend who seemingly suffered the same fate as him, and he only seemed even more angry and eager to tell me all about it.

'She was always a bit bossy, but no one minded that much. We all just took it as her ego, but it was more than that. She is a very stubborn and disrespectful woman. I turned her down at least 8 times before she even asked for sexual intercourse. And that's when I kind of snapped and told her I would report her.'

'Would you be alright to explain in detail how she asked you and what did she do, please?'

'Absolutely. I still remember it like it was yesterday. It was tuesday evening, April 17th. I was just getting ready to go home after my shift ended, and she came herself and called me into her office. She looked quite angry, so I was afraid that I might have done something wrong, but I couldn't be more wrong.'

'She told me to sit down, and then she sat down in front of me on her desk and suddenly spread her legs. At that point I felt like jumping out the window, but I didn't even get to get up because she sat down on me, pushing me back into the chair. She told me to be a smart man if I wanted to keep my job, and she forced a kiss on me, so I pushed her off of me and ran out. Tomorrow when I came to work, I went straight to the HR with a complaint already written up, but that got pushed straight into the bin. Instead, they redirected me to her office, where she handed me a termination contract. It didn't have a single reason on it. It only said that I had been let go. And she gave it to me with words 'if you were smart this never would have happened.'

'I am so sorry that happened to you, Josh. I truly wish you never had to go through that.' I cant even imagine going through all of that...

'I was too, but I was mostly angry. I still am. If anyone listened to me, your friend never would have gone through the same thing. It is something vey embarrassing when you are a man. No one tends to believe us, no matter how much we speak up.'

The poor man was wiping his eyes, trying to hold back his tears that seemed to pour out with every word spoken in frustration.

'Josh, do you still have that termination letter?'

'Yes. I have it right here.' He sniffled and russled on the side for a moment before showing it on camera, moving it slowly so I could read it. It even had her signature underneath. 'I have more proof. I have text messages that she sent me, asking me to meet her. I also have a witness who saw her grope my bum.'

'Josh, I have one final question for you. If this was to go to court as a case, would you be willing to come and testify as one of her victims?'

'I would honestly love nothing more. I would walk to Korea just to see her pay the price for what she does to people. Please, Shinae, if you take her to court... Take her down.'

-----

I completely took over the kitchen island, turning it into my workspace. I needed coffee. Coffee was behind me. And many hours later and many of those coffees later, my mind was still racing through everything I collected.

Now, I was contacting the list of people Josh gave me as witnesses and victims, I was contacting her old company's HR about the complaint Josh filed, and I was getting back more than I thought.

2 people agreed to a witness stand. 1 more person agreed to testify as a victim, although their case was a lot less severe and they quit on their own, but they did it because they felt harrassed. And the HR team actually sent the complaint he filed in, and explained that never processed it because Eleanor told them that she already dealt with it. Wha t dumb fucking HR team. No wonder they have a fully new HR team now.

But now I had an actual case.

I had people willing to testify.
I had proof of her behaviour.
I had multiple compaine's interviews on recording.
I had her on recording, lying about not knowing him and such.
I had the filed complaint.
I had emails from previous employees. 2 of them had only good things to say, but 1 of them did not like working under her, and they expressed it. 1, I never got back the response, but I didn't really expect any of this, so I can't complain.

I had everything I needed to take her to court. Now I needed Jimin.

I created organized files for everything, separating it by importance and such. Purely to find everything easier. I felt like an actual lawyer with all the things. I felt proud.

Now I just need the main person that I've done all this work for. And I hope to god he doesn't kill me.

I actually had to drive over because I had so many papers and my laptop to bring, and then it took me a good minute to bring it to their house.

'She returns.' Jimin was manspreading on the couch, crossing his arms on his chest, poking his cheek with his tongue.

'I sense a cat fight.' Jungkook whispered to Taheyung, and the three of us burst out laughing, and then Jimin ended up laughing, too

'I'm sorry, but that was just asking to happen. And you looked adorable.'

'Obviously. It's me. Duh.' He shruged, being playfully cocky. 'But you don't look so adorable. You look like a roadkill.'

'Aww, thank you ever so much. You just know how to win over a woman.'

'I aim to please.' He grins. 'But seriously, are you okay?'

'Yes. I just haven't slept in... 37 hours or so. Doesn't matter.'

'Sorry, you what now?!' Jungkook almost screamed at me

'Trust me, it was worth it.' I walked over to them, and they instantly moved over to give me some space to sit down

'What are those? School stuff?' Taehyung asks, pointing at 7 files I brought with me

'Not exactly. But it is a case. A proper one.'

'Since when are you working cases?' Jimin asks, grimacing a little in confusion

'Since I wanted to help someone I care about.'

'Oh, shit. Did you-'

'Yes.' I cut Taehyung off, still looking at Jimin

'Do I have cat whiskers still? Why is everyone looking at me?' He actually rubbed his face, although there is nothing to get off

'You might want to take a look at this.' I passed him the first file, the one that held the emails I exchanged with Josh.

He furrowed his eyebrows, but he opened the file, calling me crazy, and then his face quickly switched to the one of shock. His eyes shot wide open and he sat up straight, pulling the file closer to read what he held in his hands.

'That is an old employee of Eleanor's from Boston.'

'What the- how do you even know who Eleanor is? How did you get to this guy? Like- what - I-' He was stuttering, unable to finish a single word he started saying. 'What is all this?'

'They guys told me a few weeks ago why you lost your job at SouLife.'

He shot them a look that was between anger and confusion, and they both moved back. 'How do you two know about it?'

'We... we heard you talking to your mom.' Jungkook admitted

'And good thing they did.' I cut in before he kills them. 'All of this.. all of this is the research I've been digging out for weeks. I have emails, interviews, proof, witnesses and even victims other than Tullings. She did all this before. And she did a lot more than just get you fired.'

'What- I am beyond shocked. Give me a second.'

'You can filter it later. Listen to me. Did you ever think about why your job applications have been rejected by other photography companies? Well, let me save you the trouble.'

I opened my laptop and played him the interview with the CEO of Beholder, the woman who wouldn't stop talking. He leaned forward, closing in on my laptop as he listened intently. His jaw kept clenching and he balled up his fists the more she spoke.

'That's not all. I have interviews with NewPolaroid and HQ IMAGINES. They said the same thing. They also sent me your job applications. And I have an interview with Eleanor.'

'YOU WENT TO HER?!!?!'

'Shut up. Of course I went to her. Listen to this.'

I played him her tape, and he looked about ready to throw my laptop out the window.

'I have a lot more than this. Josh Tullings will come to testify, and I have his video interview. I have another victim ready to testify. We have witnesses who can testify to her behaviour towards victims. Text messages, threath, complaints filed all the way back in Boston, CEO's themselves confirming that she is blacklisting you... We have it all. We can take her to court. Now all we need is your testimony.'

'How... how did you even get all of this?'

'Weeks and weeks of internet, running from company to company, tracking down old employees and dissmisals, interviews, emails... Basically everything. A few hours of sleep sacrificed, but it was more than worth it. But that should be the least of your worries.'

His eyes were turning slightly glossy, a light pink shade rounding his dark irises.

'Jimin,' I placed my hand on his and he didn't move it. He just kept looking at me like a confused puppy. 'we got her.'

'You... you did all of this... for me?'

'Who else would I do it for?' I smiled, feeling like I'm about to cry myself. 'Now it is up to you. I built it around you. Without you, all of this work... it falls down the drain. Just tell me, what do you want to do?'

'Can you... I need a minute.' He sniffled and got up from the couch, leaving the room and heading up the stairs

'You are actually absolutely insane. I can't believe you've done all of this.' Taehyung was the first to speak after Jimin left us in silence

'Is it legal to record conversations?' Jungkook asks

'Yes. Besides, I did ask them if it was okay and they all agreed. Well, I didn't ask Eleanor. I lied to her about who I was, so her recording may not be viable, but that one is not even close as important as the other ones are.'

'What happens now?'

'That is completely up to him.'

The sounds of Jimin's footsteps coming down gave us all a new focus. He looked like he cried. His eyes were slightly pink and his eyelashes were wet.

'Can you come with me for a minute?' He spoke to me in a voice that was slightly choked up

I got up from my spot and walked over to him, putting my hand in his that he held out for me. His fingers gently wrapped around mine, and he led me up the stairs like I'm a child, and right into his room.

I don't know what he's doing, but I'm just following him around, letting him lead the way. A way that seems to lead to his bed.

'Sit down with me. Please.'

'Are you okay?' I ask, sitting in the spot next to him

'No.' He scoffs. 'How could I be?'

'What's wrong, Jimin?'

'You are what's wrong.' Holding back the tears was not working for him. His voice was muffled even more than earlier, and his eyes watered in no time. 'Why would you go through all that trouble for me?'

I smiled and reached for his face, wiping the tears from his cheek. 'Because I care about you. And it is not trouble. I wanted to do it.'

He took my hand in his, letting them fall down on the bed between us. He was looking at our hands as his thumb softly moved over my palm, caressing it gently.

'You are incredible. Do you know that?' He looked up and smiled a little, catching me out with a compliment that I never thought he'd give me. 'You are so goddamn smart that it's terrifying. How you can read people, and tear down their walls while keeping yours up firmly... I wish I had the third of the backbone that you do.'

'Jimin-'

'I wish I had half the courage that you do.' He cut me off, squeezing my hand a bit tighter. 'I couldn't even tell anyone about why I lost my job. I was afraid of being embarrassed. I was afraid no one would believe me. I was afraid of even trying to fight it because there was no way I'd ever win that. And here you are... All you knew is that I lost a job, and you bulldozed down everyone you could just because you wanted to. You didn't even ask me a thing, yet you found out so much. Just how amazing can you be?'

I moved a bit closer to him, letting out knees touch, and placing my other hand over both ours. 'There is nothing wrong with being scared and doubting yourself. It happens to everyone, including me. But even if the fear is there, I remind myself of why I'm doing it.' I let my hand lay over the side of his face, looking right into his eyes. 'And I'm doing it for you.'

'I'm sorry, Shinae.'

He didn't explain what he was apologizing for, but he showed it instead. He pulled me on himself, and then he laid down, holding me tightly against his chest.

It happened so fast that I couldn't react even if I wanted to.

'I'm sorry, but I just want to hold you.'

His arms were wrapped around my back, holding my body closely pressed to him. It wasn't just his arms that wrapped around me. His scent was invading my mind, and as if on instinct, I nuzzled closer to him, leaning completely into his chest.

His heart was beating steadily in his chest, unlike mine, which was racing a mile per second as he made slow caresses on my back.

Even our legs became intertwined, and we completely relaxed into each other, with him resting his cheek on the top of my head.

'You must be so tired.'

He's not wrong. I'm barely staying awake, especially when he's holding me like this, and his scent is pulling me under.

'Mmm.. a little.' I murmur into his chest, wiggling to get closer even though it's not physically possible.

He pulled the covers over us, only making me more cosy.

'Rest now. You worked hard.'

His soft voice was barely a murmur in my ears, melting away in my mind with each word as I was falling into sleep. But what I clearly felt were his lips on my hair, followed by another whisper that I was too late to hear.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

510K 21.7K 48
in which a girl sends the right snap to the wrong person. - jimin/snapchat au! ©jeonsworthy 2020
7.2K 315 36
•If it's not you it's not anyone• He has waited for you since so long and now after he has the chance to be with you, he will make sure that he gets...
20.5K 637 26
You and the guys went on a road trip which you guys wanted to have for a very long time. While everything was fun and sweet, it didn't last long when...
208K 6.2K 42
"Just let me go aight? I ain't gon' tell anyone." I explain for the millionth time, when will these fuckers believe me? "You don't make the rules bab...