Treacherous (Taylor x Fem OC)

By andshesweird

Emmy-award winning and Academy Award winning actress Wrenley James Grant attends the 2016 Met Gala, expecting... More

Introductions
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52

49

6.7K 301 141
By andshesweird

A/N: ATTENDANCE TIME!!!

A cute soft Wrenlor chapter for you all :) 

Taylor POV

The talk had to have worked somewhat, because for the past three days it's been just Wren and I. But today I woke up to an empty room, Wren's side of the bed cold.

My eyebrows pull together as I sit up, looking around, towards the bathroom to maybe catch a glimpse of a light peeking out from under the door, but it's dark.

"Wrenley?"

Puffing out a stream of air I sit up in bed and reach for my phone, opening it to see if maybe she had texted me, but I don't see anything from her, just messages from Gigi, Selena, Tree, all talking about how great the song with Zayn is, that the teaser images for the music video all look great, though it is still well over a month away from release.

Tree's messages are kind check ins and updates that no one has spotted Wren or I still, that people still think Wren is with Selena, that rumors claimed Wren was with Selena on her recent trip, to which Selena did not hold back in teasing about, bless her soul for never failing to help us out.

And then come in the other messages and tweets and posts, the ones that come once a day every single year.

I pull myself out of bed and chuckle at some messages, some of the fans' Tumblr posts and tweets, I find myself even responding to a few on Tumblr, joining in on their jokes and sending them love, a place where I know it's just an us thing, that my fans that truly care protect the privacy and enjoy interacting with me.

The floorboards creak as I take each step with tired ease, washing up with my mind barely awake, heading towards the stairs, each level of wood groaning with the exhaustion I feel from the past few days' activities.

She must've forgotten.

She must've gone to see her mother again.

I rub the sleep from my eyes, shooting a quick text to my Mom, telling her I'll give her a call later, not at all noticing the sweet aroma wafting in from the kitchen.

Each new step I get closer to it and it isn't until I reach the island that I notice the plates of eggs, bacon, and other breakfast foods. Frowning, I look up and am met with those beautiful blues that look brighter than any star in the sky.

"Good morning?" I chuckle and Wren grins widely at me, smiles cheesy and kid-like but beautifully wide.

My doe-eyed and bushy tailed girlfriend springs up with her arms out wide, presenting the food I can already see.

"Happy birthday!"

She remembered.

"You remembered."

Wren snorts as she rounds the island and cups my cheeks, pressing her lips into mine deeply, happily, perfectly.

When we part, she stays close, resting her forehead against mine, those eyes ever so kind, ever so beautiful, before she pulls back a bit, chuckling.

"Of course I remembered. Why wouldn't I?"

The list could go on for hours if I start reading it off; coming to London, work, her schedule, the paparazzi, the headlines, Kanye, Kim, Alice.

But I don't need anything making that beautiful smile of hers disappear right now, because she made a whole breakfast feast just for me. That smile that is so wide, bigger than I've seen it since that day we spent in Camden Market. That was over a week ago now.

I shake my head, matching the grin and before I can speak, Wren smirks, kissing my cheek and taking my hand into her sweetly soft skin, rubbing her finger over the back of it.

"I've made your favorites, plus, this is the best part, hold on now."

She holds up a finger in patience, practically skipping behind the counter and grabbing two tea cups from the cabinet, and pulling out her big bag of Yorkshire Tea and plopping it on the tabletop.

It's the same thing we've been drinking the past few days, but the way she so excitedly gets it all together, the kettle, plopping bags into each cup, pouring the hot liquid on top of each, using the teaspoons to squish the bags against the sides of the cups to darken the liquid more, pouring the perfect amount of milk into the glass I know is going to be mine and just a little less in her own, I can only be thrilled by the act.

"Cuppa tea for the birthday girl," She hands me my cup and I take it with appreciative grace, lifting it in a cheersing gesture but she stops me before I can take a sip, placing a finger atop the thin rip and smiling.

"Hold on, not just yet. Follow me."

She hands me her cup so that she can pile plates of bacon, toast, and eggs, then nods for me to follow, towards the door of the green room.

"The green room? Little cold for that yeah?" I snicker, thinking about us freezing our butts off in a screened green room, but Wren laughs and shakes her head.

"Changed the screens out for the windows the other day while you were in town. Gotten too cold, should've changed them a while ago or asked Florence too. No worries, love, it's alright. I'll keep you warm."

The wink she tosses in sends tingles throughout me, and I don't say anything else, I just follow her until I am met with the most incredible birthday gift of all.

In the middle of the room, a table, not large, not small, but perfectly sized for two. A lit candle, despite not needing it for the bright and joyous morning sun right outside, not too high in the sky just yet. Wren's translucent glass plates, the ones she told me she only uses on special occasions, placed across from one another, glasses of water, and the cutlery, focused and intrinsic designs catered into its stainless steel metal, same as the plates in that she only pulls them out for special occasions.

Lifting my head, not a lot, just a bit, all my air escapes me. I gasp, short, and now breathless, my hand going up to my chest, the warmth of Wren's hand on my lower back, smooth against the silk of my pajamas.

The large window in front of me, taller than Wren and I, is bordered with frost so white and crisp, crawling along the edges of the glass like hands reaching to welcome me to the show. I have the same feeling I get when I walk out onto a stage, enveloped, loved, welcomed, the excitement.

"Snow," I whisper, my voice coming in the form of that breathless gasp.

"Breakfast on the first frost, I know how much you love snowfall. The Universe must be wishing you a well birthday."

Liquid prickles at the corner of my eyes before I can even realize it, a singular tear trailing down my cheek, the sun's rays reflecting into it, the beautiful layer of snow ever so gorgeous, fresh and new.

Wren's lips press into the side of my head, against my hair, and it takes a moment for the air to rush back into my lungs while she takes the tea from my hands and places the cups down on the table next to the tray.

My head shakes slowly as I look up at her, at the way the sun perfectly casts around her head, making her look like the true angel she is, the perfect woman, perfect human.

She doesn't let me say anything, not yet. She just smiles and cups my cheeks, giving me a kiss that says it all for the both of us, our hearts hugging one another through our lips, our love sealing.

Parting, Wren pulls out my seat for me, and I stare down at it, the tears coming even further.

On the chair, my chair, is a bouquet. Not a normal bouquet, though, not one you always see, not the usual roses or dandelions. It's a beautiful bouquet of white daisies mixed with purple rows of lavender, tied together at the bottom with the brown vine.

I reach for them, picking them up, my fingers touching the small petals and feeling how soft they are, marveling at the richness of them.

"Daisies. Like the ones you sent when you were in Atlanta. And Lavender?"

She flushes and breathes out a nervous chuckle, reaching over to feel the small plant petals in her fingers, "I wanted to get you flowers that showed more than just roses would. Daisies for Atlanta. Before I sent you those, when you came to visit, was the first time we said 'I love you' to each other. And the lavender...there is this phrase, from way back in the fifties. People would describe themselves being in love as being in the 'lavender haze.' It describes the type of love that runs so deep, so strong, that it makes you immune and oblivious to everything else around you, like being in your own bubble of love...that's how I feel when I'm with you. Like I'm in our own lavender haze."

I want to wipe the tears away, but I'm frozen at her words, my heart nearly hammering clear through my chest, trying to break out so it could jump across this table at her.

My smile starts to ache at my face and Wren matches the expression, swallowing and pointing at the flowers again as she speaks,

"They're spring flowers, I know. But I don't know, I guess I wanted to get them also as a way of saying that even though winter is upon us, that with you, every day feels like a perfect spring day."

As if this morning couldn't get any more perfect. As if this woman couldn't get any more perfect.

She chuckles again, that nervous one she does, shrugging, "It's silly, I know–" "It's perfect. They're beautiful, you're beautiful, and they're perfect. All of this is, and so are you. I love you. So much. Thank you."

I reach over the table and take her hand into my own, squeezing it as I place the flowers down to the side, using my other hand to wipe at my eyes with a light laugh.

"God, not even nine in the morning and you're making me cry."

"Never thought I'd be happy about making a woman cry, but here we are."

"Here we are," I scrunch my nose up at her and we start eating, all the while my eyes continuously flicking over to watch the snow continuing to fall.

Everything is perfect already.

Who ever thought that turning 27 could be so goddamn amazing?

After breakfast, despite my best efforts, Wren cleans up while I go and shower and get ready for the day. The day that she refuses to reveal the details of, but I can only imagine how extravagant it's going to be given breakfast this morning.

When she comes out of drying her way longer hair, she's sporting a soft cardigan over a sweater and a baseball cap on top with loose fitting pants that look oh-so-good on her.

Her eyes rake me over with a wide smile and she tilts her head, "Well don't you look delicious, doll."

I can feel the blush creeping its way up to my cheeks, and like a schoolgirl with a massive crush, I look away, as if it's our first date.

"Might want to take these with you as well," She holds out a pair of red gloves and I raise my eyebrows curiously at her.

"It's cold."

Obliging, she bundles up as well with a classically beautiful tan pea coat, me slipping on a tan puffer and red beanie. We drive for a little while, but I can't be true to how long it is because it goes by so fast, a quiet drive with just us two, singing to music in the car, driving far enough that the snow hasn't quite reached the area and the time has certainly ticked on unbeknownst to me.

Wren opens the door for me, helping me out and the sound of the leaves and nearly frozen grass crunching beneath my boots brings a grin to my face.

"We're in the middle of nowhere?"

Smiling, she takes my hand and locks the car, leading me away through the grass until my eyes catch wind of the gorgeous hills and peaks.

"We're in the Peak District. I wanted to take you somewhere for your birthday. Somewhere beautiful and calm, not flooded with people with cameras and screams if they were to spot us so...figured we could walk around, take in nature, explore the unbeatable views England has to offer. What do you think?"

My eyes scan over the hilltops, over the little rivers and streams cutting through valleys, the frost growing on each tree and plant, the emerging ice on the running water, fighting against its energy in an attempt to lull it into a winter's rest.

"I think that this is shaping up to be the best birthday ever."

Throughout the hiking and walking and talking, I catch Wren taking pictures and videos, just like she did on that first date day on Long Island, just like she does on days like this or when we're alone, like she's capturing each memory to hold onto.

My neck starts getting cold the higher we climb and Wren stops me, unwrapping the scarf from her neck while I protest.

"I don't want you to be cold–" "I'll be fine so long as you are. Take it, I have an abnormally warm neck anyways."

I narrow my eyes playfully at her and she snorts, holding it out towards me.

"Take it."

"Yes ma'am," I mutter teasingly and she raises an eyebrow pointedly.

"Careful now, love, else I'm gonna have you pinned up against that tree and your clothes off in seconds."

I spin back towards her after wrapping my neck up snugly, both my eyebrows up and my teeth clinging down to my bottom lip briefly. My mind wanders to the thought of Wren having her way with me here, with this view below us, the Universe getting to hear Wren claiming me and our love screaming from the hilltop.

"Well now, we wouldn't want that, now would we, Wrenley James?"

My voice comes out lower and huskier than intended, but it lands well. My girlfriend grips at my waist and tugs me in close, my breath flying out with the quickness of the action. She licks her lips and smirks down at me.

"Don't be a tease, my love. I'll bite."

"Please do," I dare and she dips her head down, capturing my lips with her own.

I groan into it, moaning at the way her fingers hug around my hips, the way her body is flush against mine, tongue poking between my lips until I grant entry, brushing up against my tongue. My whole body melts into her, giving in with such second nature ease until she pulls back, taking my bottom lip between her teeth, tugging a whimpering wince out of me.

My eyelids flutter open as she releases, my lip popping back into place, gaze meeting her heated one, that charming lopsided grin of hers.

"Told you, I'll bite."

She walks ahead.

And I stand there, glaring after her and huffing, "That wasn't very kind, Wrenley James!"

"I found it quite kind. Now, stop your badgering and come on."

She holds her hand out for me to take. I roll my eyes with a grin and follow along, my heart bouncing for joy and awe the whole day.

We come across some deer in a patch of taller grass and trees. Wren films me while we walk down the path and as I attempt to feed them but only manage to get one's trust while the others back up, staring at me observantly.

It's magical, the whole day.

After what feels like only ten minutes but is really four hours, we reach a small pond, completely frozen over.

I sit on the grass, opening the little cooler of sandwiches and waters Wren packed for us while she presses her boot against the ice.

"Babe? Maybe testing nature isn't the best idea? Don't feel like doing the whole Jack in Titanic sort of thing on my birthday."

She cranes her neck over to me and laughs, "It's not even deep enough for me to drown in!"

"People drown in bathtubs! Don't belittle the strength of water! Especially ice cold water!"

Like the stubborn woman she is, she ignores me with a dismissive wave of her hand and presses her other boot onto the ice. She even begins to hop on it.

"Wrenley James!" I scold as I place the food down and stand up, my heart lurching at her stupidity.

My girlfriend snorts and looks my way, "Relax! It's thick enough, come on!"

"Absolutely not, no thank you. Come back over here."

"Not until you join me for a skate!"

"Wren!"

"Taylor!"

We stand, staring down one another, my cheeks still aching from the smile I've seemed to have plastered on my face since breakfast, until I give in and groan, trudging on over to her.

"You're an idiot, you know that?"

"You love me, though."

"Maybe," I grumble and stop right at the border of where land ends and ice begins.

Wren walks over to me cautiously and grins, holding a supportive hand out.

"Come on, the water's fine," She jokes, which only earns her a glare.

"Not funny."

"Hilarious, actually. Come on, Taylor, live a little, yeah? I'll keep you safe, don't worry."

My lips press together as I stare down the ice, humming anxiously, reaching for my rings but feeling nothing aside from the gloves over my fingers and groaning more.

Wren's gloved hand captures mine and our eyes meet quickly, locking on.

"I got you. You're safe with me."

"I'm safe with you," I whisper back, reassuring my own mind until I take a step.

Both my feet get on the ice and Wren grins toothily, "See now, not so bad, right?"

I shake my head with a happy short laugh until we both slide a bit, like we're skating, and my arms flail drastically, my body nearly toppling over.

"Oh my god!" I shriek and Wren grabs at me to catch me, but her foot knocks into mine and we both fall down, her with her back hitting the ground first, smack against the ice and me on top.

Both of us let out a loud groan and I pick my head up, looking at her as I breathe out, "Are you okay?"

"Mmmm," She whines and blinks her eyes open, meeting mine.

We're silent for a moment. Nothing heard aside from the sounds of our breathing and the light wind whistling through the leafless trees, until we both break into hearty laughter.

"That hurt like a bloody bitch," She sighs as we come down and I giggle, kissing her chin and rolling off her, getting to my feet.

I reach a hand out and she takes it, groaning as she stands up and sighs.

"Alright, point proven. Frozen pond bad. Taylor one, Wrenley zero."

We head back to the car soon after that, the light joy humming on our chests, airy and fun, the whole walk back and the drive to a cafe off near a small village. A spot where no one seems to recognize us at all.

We order a small meal, deciding that we can ditch the sandwiches and grab a real plate and hot chocolate.

Our waitress comes by to check on our meal and does a small double-take at me.

"Has anyone ever told you that you look like a singer from the States? Think her name is um...oh! Right, yes, I think it's Taylor Smith?"

Wren smirks at me while I nearly pale, but feel so light at not being recognized, so filled with relief, that I just smile and shake my head.

"No, no I don't think I've gotten that before. But thank you, that's really kind."

She tilts her head at me with a soft smile while Wren leans in curiously, nodding.

"You know, you do kind of look like her. Can't believe I've never put that together before, great catch, ma'am."

Our waitress smiles and fills our cups, then heads over to tend to her other table, leaving me with my annoyingly adorable girlfriend.

"Taylor Smith," She whispers and I scowl, "Zip it, you."

The meal, while not five star, is still perfect. It's normal. We're eating in a cafe and nobody takes a picture, nobody stares. We are just a normal couple, holding hands, talking, laughing, joking about the ice, about our friends, taking pictures, and for the first time in months, I don't feel stressed or like I'm under a microscope. I feel free, like I've come up for air after drowning for so long.

And Wren seems to be feeling a similar way, because her smile has yet to leave her face.

We start to play a game of coming up with stories about everyone in here, about the family in the corner with the kids scribbling on their paper menus with crayons, about the older couple we've decided lives on a farm just up the street and are regulars here, about everyone in this homey cafe, the few people that are here.

And the whole time, this whole morning and afternoon, I can feel my words coming, I can hear the melodies and lyrics in my head. I take a napkin to scrawl a few down, feeling Wren's eyes on me the whole time, shaking her head proudly when she reads some of the words and breathing out lightly, eyeing me with a soft glimmer like she always does when I show her new lyrics.

"What a mind."

__

A/N: Desperately needed a fluffy Wrenlor chapter to break up the angst before I throw in...well more angst.

Anyways!!!

What do you think will happen?

What do you want to happen?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

91.3K 2.4K 51
... and in the death of her reputation, she felt truly.. alive The Met Gala usually wasn't a place to fall in love. It was more so an event that coup...
123K 6.2K 52
ATM is a global sensation, no doubt about it. They are well on their way towards a career for the record books. To the public, the band has the perfe...
784K 24.8K 42
sequel to DELICATE I know that you're scared because I'm so open In which famous English actress Kaia Browne is now in a serious relationship with i...
10.9K 334 29
when a fan goes to one of taylors concerts, taylor can't help but become obsessed over her beauty.