A Survivor's life in the dung...

By TheManCandy

Witness the journey of a man who lost everything, as he dives in the dungeon for strength and power. will he... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Announcements
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
I'm sorry.
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Fuck Me
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69 (Noice)
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
No Update Today
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Announcement
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
no chapter today
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Sorry
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Not a chapter (contain slight spoiler)
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93 Epilogue (Book1)
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Heracles Familia (New Members)
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Greetings!!!
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Sorry
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Well, Y'all Might Be Wondering.
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Welp, it's that time of the year again.
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
Chapter 136
Chapter 137
Chapter 138
Chapter 139
Chapter 140

Chapter 117

242 13 6
By TheManCandy

A soft crackling of fire wafts through the air as August and the rest of the Heracles familia sit in their camp, waiting for supper.

A gentle smell of stew tickles their noses as Katty, along with Nadia, prepares the meal. Nadia, due to her elven heritage, is only preparing her rations, avoiding meat of any kind.

Jogu looks at Nadia weirdly. "No matter how many times I see it, I still wonder how you can eat that shi-" He pauses as he sees Katty glaring at him. "That stuff... It just seems so bland."

Nadia chuckles as she slices her fruits and mixes them in a bowl. "It is taught by my people that all life in this world is sacred, that everyone deserves a chance to live their life to the fullest." She then pours the sauce that she always carries whenever they are in the dungeon. "That being said, I do know that not everyone follows my belief, and that everyone has a faith of their own. But my people are elves who lived in Lady Gaia's forest, so we have always followed her teachings, believing that all life is sacred and should not be taken if it isn't necessary."

Jogu has a confused look on his face; he still doesn't get it because, for him, meat is good, meat is superior—why the hell would you eat something bland if you can eat meat?

Nadia sees this and smiles. "To say it plainly, I don't need to consume flesh to survive, so therefore, taking a life isn't really necessary, so I choose not to."

"So you can still eat meat?" Jogu asks again, still with palpable confusion on his face.

"Of course I can... But I choose not to since it isn't necessary." Nadia smiles and walks towards the table, finishing her fruit and vegetable salad and placing it on the table for everyone to see.

"I... I still don't get it?" Jogu mutters, still confused.

"Well, you're an idiot, so it's understandable." Kiez chuckles on the side, earning laughter from everyone, while Jogu glares at the young spearman.

The night continues with laughter and catching up; it has been an eventful two days, and a moment of relaxation is welcomed by the adventurers.

August, meanwhile, watches the familia with a soft smile on his face. He has made his decision; he will talk with Heracles the moment they reach the surface. His eyes land on Froke and Denki on the side, deep in conversation, and from the looks of it, the two of them missed each other dearly.

"A fine evening, isn't it, young August?" August almost clicks his tongue as he hears the familiar voice. He doesn't need to look back to know that it's Hermes talking to him.

"That it is, Lord Hermes," August answers curtly. The god has been chasing him all day, trying to talk to him. But there's something that's been bugging him about the god; his instincts tell him not to trust him, so he avoids him, finding excuses not to talk.

But now he's cornered. "I've been wanting to meet you and talk, young August, son of Siegfried."

August raises his brow and looks at the god, only to see him with that playful smile on his face—the very thing that makes him wary of the god. "You know my father?"

"Of course. Who wouldn't know the legendary Vanguard?" The smile on Hermes' lips rises even more as he inches closer towards August and whispers, "The former wielder of Beowulf, and the unsung hero of Orario." Hermes takes a step back, his eyes watching August's face, gauging his reaction. And with it, his smile deepens.

He knows it, curiosity. August, who at first had no intention to talk to him, has now given his whole undivided attention.

"Oh, you didn't know?" Hermes chuckles. "Your father was a hero. Well, I can't say I blame you, though. After all... Not many know of his heroism." He looks at August dead in the eye and smiles meaningfully. "His sacrifice." His eyes motion to the spear on August's back.

"What sacrifice?" August asks, taking a step towards Hermes, his mind full of questions.

'Oh... He's clueless... Should I tell him? What would his reaction be?' Hermes knows he's got August's interest now. This time, August is the eager one who wants to talk to him. 'Nah... I don't have a death wish. Heracles will no doubt kill me if I tell him the full story. But it doesnt's mean that I can't nudge him to the truth... After all, it isn't my fault if he finds it out by himself.'

Hermes smiled, and with a playful voice, he answered, "That spear... It's very special, isn't it? I heard some mortals, even gods, would kill just to have a weapon like that in their arsenal." He then turned his back away from August and walked nonchalantly. "Good night... Young August."

August paused, staring at Hermes's retreating figure, his head full of questions—questions he knew Hermes had answers to.

He was about to chase Hermes, but Beowulf vibrated, and he heard a voice inside his head. "Let it go... That god... He cannot be trusted."

"He has answers; I need to kno-"

"He has answers to questions that he himself placed inside your head," Beowulf snarled, cutting August before he could finish his words.

"He knew my father," August muttered.

"Be that as it may... You can't trust him."

"You were with my father in the times that he spoke of... Do you know anything about what he was saying? You said I can't trust him; then maybe you can provide the answer." August questioned, looking back at the spear snugly placed on his back. "What sacrifice is he talking about?"

"No," Beowulf answered straight up. "I do not have the answer to your question." The spear lied; he knew that if August discovers the truth, his life might be put in danger. And if he dies, he knew he will be sealed once again, without a master, stuck in his prison.

August, connected with Beowulf in a spiritual sense after his training in his dimension, can sense that even the spear is hiding things from him. But he also knows that he is right... That god, Hermes... Cannot be trusted.

.
.
.
.
.

It was the break of dawn. August had woken up early, before the others; he went outside with his spear to do his daily exercise. The events of last night's talk with Hermes still fresh in his mind.

He moved deep into the woods and started twirling his spear, his swings cutting the air as he moved in his lethal dance, imagining multiple enemies running and charging towards him. He had gotten used to this type of training, especially after what he'd been through inside Beowulf's dimension.

"Tsk!" Still, he found it lacking; there was no danger, no one attacking him, and his imagination could only take him so far. He really wished there was someone who could actually keep up with him so that he could spar. Gods knew he needed it right now, to take his mind away from last night's talk.

'Denki and Helga are fine; they could keep up if I move at half my speed, but...' he flickered as he slashed his spear vertically, almost teleporting to the other side of the forest near the lake. Cutting all the trees in his path. 'They're still a bit slow for me.'

The trees fell down, creating a loud thudding sound that echoed through the area. Just when he was about to turn around and head back, he felt a tingle on the back of his neck.

He moved instantly, using his spear, he twirled around, surprised to see that he blocked a dagger coming his way. He then heard a splashing sound coming from the lake; he rushed forwards, not before grabbing the dagger that was flying mid-air, and with his spear at the ready. He reached the clearing and saw the lake; in the middle, a person was standing, daggers in their hands.

August moved on instinct, throwing the dagger towards the person, aiming for their head. The person moved, ducking under the water, and as they rose up, they too threw the dagger they were holding towards August.

August tilted his head. 'Fast!' he thought as he kept his eyes on the dagger now stuck in the tree behind him, where his head was used to be. A smile crept onto his face; it seems he got his wish, an opponent that can keep up.

He turned towards the person, ready to charge, but in the next moment, he stopped. He knew who it was after all. "Eh?"

He got a good look at who it is, his mouth moved, a seemingly confused voice exiting it. "Miss... Ryuu?" His eyes roamed down, seeing the elf, who was completely naked.

"August?" Ryuu answered, her eyes looking straight towards the young spear user.

.
.
.
.
.

August sat awkwardly with his back turned towards the lake; he never expected to see a girl naked early in the morning, much less someone he knew personally.

By now, the two of them had the whole picture. Ryuu, who was bathing, heard trees falling in the area and thought it was a surviving monster, so she threw the dagger, aiming for the sound.

August, the culprit behind the sound of falling trees, thought he was being attacked. He rushed forward to engage with the attacker, leading to this awkward situation they were in now.

"August." He heard his name being called, which snapped him out of his stupor. His mind was, after all, stuck on Ryuu's naked body. He blamed his hormones; he was still a teenager, after all.

"Miss Ryuu... I-I must apologize for disturbing your morning." August quickly stood and bowed toward Ryuu. "I thought I was the only one awake at this hour."

"It was my fault for throwing that dagger blindly. I too thought that I was the only one awake." Ryuu also bowed toward August, apologizing for throwing her weapon at him.

The two of them were quickly placed in an awkward silence. They may know each other, but they have had few interactions, if any at all.

August was always served by Chloe, and though they saw each other at the Hostess, they only exchanged curt nods and the usual greeting. The longest they ever talked to one another was when he was her waitress when Chloe was waiting on another table.

August would have loved to talk to Ryuu now, especially after seeing her fight three and a half months ago, but alas, he fell into a coma, so this was now their very first interaction outside of the hostess, with him seeing her naked. Of course, it would be awkward; it would have been more weird if it weren't.

"Uhmm... So... How was your bath?" 'I'm an idiot, aren't I?' August wanted to slap himself in the face. If Denki or Froke were here, they would be laughing their asses off, and he would have to make sure that the two of them would not speak of this with anyone, either with a bribe or a threat.

Ryuu looked at him deadpan, taken aback by his question. Her face remained stoic, but there was a slight red tinge on her ears. "It was fine," she answers without a noticeable tone.

August could feel the awkwardness in the air. He didn't really expect her to answer, and to answer plainly at that. Now they were back to square one.

Not knowing what to do, August wanted to break the ice, the only way he knew how. "Uhmmm... Wanna spar?"

Ryuu looked at him, her eyes gleamed, a sense of excitement momentarily showed on it. It was not every day someone got to spar with the Gaé bulg himself. She smiled and nodded her head. She then opened her mouth to answer. "Sure."

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

***

Chapter 117 is now complete. How are you all enjoying the story so far?

By the way, I may not post on Monday, I'm sure you guys know the reason why. So I apologize in advance.

Merry Christmas by the way, I hope your holiday season is cozy and warm.

Please leave a comment, review, and feedback to help me improve this fanfic. Every little thing helps me understand your preferences and will contribute to writing a better fanfic for you all to enjoy.

Thank you for following this fanfic. I hope you're enjoying it.

Have a good day, everyone. Love y'all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8K 125 27
2 men who refuse to accept themselves and there past can not properly cope and move on. when Niragi and Chishiya- who both absolutely loathe eachothe...
630 17 23
//He had my hands pinned tightly above my head as I squirmed beneath him. The blade twisting between his fingers. He held it up to my throat. I was a...
22.6K 738 39
" "Fine. If you don't want me to care, I won't fucking care. No one ever will! Enjoy being alone and hated forever!" That's one less who will miss m...
200K 7.2K 40
(spoiler warnings for vol 12 of the lightnovel for Tensei slime) Danmachi x TSSDK A country loses its king, and another gains a final boss. Having...