Hunger games oneshots (backgr...

By Theduckstreet1994

โ„๐”ผโ„š๐•Œ๐”ผ๐•Š๐•‹๐•Š = ๐•†โ„™๐”ผโ„• So basically a bunch of oneshots/imagines about characters from the hunger games that... More

Request

Mizzen - Please say this isn't goodbye

117 0 2
By Theduckstreet1994

𓇼𝓟𝓵𝓪𝔂𝓵𝓲𝓼𝓽𓇼

ᴛʜᴇ ɴɪɢʜᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴍᴇᴛ - ʟᴏʀᴅ ʜᴜʀᴏɴ
ᴛʜᴏᴜꜱᴀɴᴅ ʏᴇᴀʀꜱ - ᴄʜʀɪꜱᴛɪɴᴀ ᴘᴇʀʀɪ
ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ɪꜱ ᴍʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ - ꜱʏᴍʟ

----------------------𓇼 ⋆。˚ 𓆝⋆。˚ 𓇼----------------------

Hi, i'm Y/N odair. That's right, odair. You might be wondering what relation do I have to Finnick. Well I'm his aunt. But this is a story for another time. The story that I'm about to tell you is about how I lost the love of my life to the cruel game that people call the hunger games.

----------------------𓇼 ⋆。˚ 𓆝⋆。˚ 𓇼----------------------

It was just another hard day working at the marina for me. Ever since I was 10 I started helping my dad at his marina, but I dreaded going there everyday. I just don't like working there.

You may ask yourself why I still go and why I just don't say to my dad that I want to work some place else. Well, the reason for that is my bestfriend Mizzen.

Him and I have been friends since we were 7. We met in school when he bumped into me because he was being his clumsy self. Not that I'm complaining tho. I really couldn't imagine a world without him anymore.

This made it very hard for me to hear when he said he found a job at some stupid fish store when we were 10. I mean I knew it was going to happen, since everyone needed to start working when they were 10, but still it was hard. I knew I was going to be seeing less of him and that we couldn't hang out anytime we wanted.

I wasn't able to talk to him for quite a while because we were so busy. During this time I really missed him and as cruel as it sounds, I kind of hoped he would quit or get fired. This way I could maybe find a way he would be able to work at the marina with me.

So a year later when he got fired, I immediatly went to my dad begging if he could work at the marina. This way I would spend even more time with him again. Luckily for me, my dad said yes and I was so happy that I jumped around on the spot.

"Why don't you go tell him sweetheart", my dad said to me.

"Okay okay I will", I said happily. To be honest I didn't expect my dad to agree so quickly but anyhow. Now my bestfriend will be able to work alongside me.

One the words left me mouth, I immediatly started running towards the place I knew Mizzen was going to be, his home. After running a good 5-10 minutes I finally arrived at my destination.

When I was walking to the door there were a couple thoughts running through my head. 'Will he even be home?', 'Will he accept the job?', 'Does he even want to work with me?'

Once I arrived at the door I decided to push these ideas out of my mind before bringing me hand up to knock on the door.

When I knocked I heard a voice call out. "Be there in a minute"

I stood there for maybe a good minute when the door was opened by a middle aged woman. I knew who it was, it was Aruna, Mizzen's mother. I've met her a couple times and she is a complete sweetheart. She was looking at me waiting to hear why I was hear.

"Hey Aruna, I'm looking for Mizzen", I told her. During our first meet she told me I could just call her Aruna because she thought miss made her sound so old. Her words, not mine.

"Hey sweetie, he's in his room", she replied. "You know where that is right?"

"Yes"

She opened the door for me so I could step in the house. I started to make my way up the stairs to Mizzens room while Aruna went back to the kitchen. I suppose she was making something to eat for Mako, Mizzen's little sister. She is an absolute cutie. She was currently sitting on a carpet playing with a couple toys when she saw me. She dropped the toys she had in her hands and ran towards me. When she got to me, I scooped her up in a hug.

"Y/n/n I missed you", she said to me.

"I missed you too"

"You want to play with me?"

"Maybe later, okay? I have to go ask Mizzen something first", I said to her breaking the hug and crouching so I was around the same height as her.

"Okay, then", she said sadly. I saw that she was a bit dissapointed but I told her that I would make it up to her later.

After the encounter with Mako, I started my journey to Mizzen's room again. When I finally arrived I knocked on the door, waiting for an answer.

"Come'on in", I heard someone say. This was my queue. I opened the door to see Mizzen and his older brother, Caspian, sitting on his bed.

Mizzen looked a bit startled when I walked in. "What are you doing here?", he asked. "Aren't you supposed to be at the marina? And I thought we didn't make plans today?"

"I know I know. Sorry for just bargin in here, but I need to ask/tell you something", I told him.

Caspian took that as his queue to leave. He wlaked towards the door, where I was still standing. So I took a step aside so he could pass me. We exchanged quick greetings before he left the room and closed the door behind him.

"So, why are you here?", Mizzen asked curiously while patting the spot on his bed where Caspian was a couple seconds ago, telling me to sit there.

I took up on the offer and sat down on his bed. "Well, you know how you don't have a job anymore?"

He jokingly punched me in the arm. "Way to remind me Y/n/n", he said. "But yeah..."

"Here's the thing. I told my dad about it and he said that he has a job at the marina for you. At least if you want to"

"Are you serious?", he said. I could hear the excitement in his voice and a huge smile was plastered on his face.

"Yes", I said. A smile making it's way on my face. Going from his reaction, I thought that he will take up on the offer.

Suddenly he leaned foreward to me a hug. The embrace lasted a good few minuted. Both of us having a wide grin on our features.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you", he kept repeating in my ear. The words sending a sensation right through me. I thought it was weird, I have never felt like this while hugging Mizzen. But I pushed the feeling away and just enjoyed the hug.

After that I stayed at his house for a good hour, just talking about everything and nothing but mostly about his new job.

On the walk home, I kept replaying the one particular moment during our hug in my mind. I couldn't underdstand why it made me feel that way and why the feelings came back up everytime I thought back to that moment.

Before I left I did make sure to play with Mako for about 30 minutes. I mean I did tell her that I would. And I always keep my promises.

----------------------𓇼 ⋆。˚ 𓆝⋆。˚ 𓇼----------------------

It's been two years since Mizzen started working at the marina with me. Just like planned he spend most of the time woeking on the nets with me, but there were a couple times he went with some otherd to actually go fish. Because of this he became very skilled with a trident and would often show me tricks he could do with it during our breaks.

During this time I also realised that I started looking at Mizzen differently. I started seeing him less in a platonkc way and more in a romantic one. Obviously I never told him and I'm not planning on ever doing it. He probably just sees me as a bestfriend and I would just ruin our friendschip if I told him I liked him. I rather be the bestfriend than have no connection with him at all.

Currently both of us are sitting at our little spit during one lf our breaks. It was this beautiful spot by a waterfall and you're surrounded by the trees. We found this place not long after he started working at the marina. Ever since then it had become our spot.

"I'm scared Y/n/n", he suddenly said out of nowhere.

"Why? Because of the games?", I asked and he nodded as respons. In a week it is time for our least favorite day of the year, reaping day. "You don't have to be scared Mizzy. There is a low chance we get reaped"

"But still...there is a chance"

"We're 13 Mizzen, our name is only in their twice"

"Still...", he began before I interrupted.

"Mizzy, I know others of our age that have their name in their more than us combined because they sign up for tesserae. We are probably one of the few 13 year olds that only have their name in the bowle, the amount of times intended"

"Okay fine, you're right", he started. "But just incase. If it comes to the worst case scenario, I wanna know I can count on you"

"Count on me for what?"

"If I get reaped and die in th-"

"That won't happen! You are stronger than you think"

"Please...please just listen to me for a minute", he says. I see the desperation when I look into his eyes. "If something happens to me in that arena, I need you to take care of my family Y/N. Check on them regularly.", he said. Now I knew he was actually serious. He never calls me by my name like this unless he is serious. Otherwise he would call me Y/n/n. He was the one to come up with that nickname in the first place.

"Nothing is going to happen to you Mizzy", I said trying to console him by rubbing his back.

"Please...please promise me", he said quietly. We were looking and I could just see his eyes watering. He was convinced that something bad was going to happen.

My own eyes were starting to water after seeing his expression. To not show him that, to not show weakness, I pulled him in for a hug. I hugged him for sometime before silently whispering in his ear.

"I promise Mizzen"

----------------------𓇼 ⋆。˚ 𓆝⋆。˚ 𓇼----------------------

Today was the day. Reaping day. The day everyone wishes to avoid but can't. I don't get why the games even exist. Why do they think that punishing us with these games are a good idea. Does the capitol really think that people won't rebel again as soon as they have the materials and supporters? If these games continue I think a lot of people will join a rebellion when it comes.

Anyway right now I'm on my way to the town square, where we are expected to be every year for the stupid reaping.

As I'm walking I'm constantly fiddeling with my fingers, in hopes of calming my nerves but it isn't really helping.

Suddenly I felt someone walking next to me, to my right. I turned to see who it was, I was Mizzen. He wasn't looking back at me though, he was looking at my hands. What he did next really chocked me. He unexpectedly grabbed my right hand and put his in his left.

Both of us kept walking, but neither of us muttered a word. We just continued our stroll without any words spoken. Not that I minded. I mean even if he talked to me, I wouldn't be able to form a word, let alone a sentence. It was like all my knowledge, all my thought were gone. It was replaced with the reflection that he was holding my hand. I couldn't focus on anything alse beside his hand in mine.

Once we got to the town square, we still hadn't talked. Not even when we had to part ways and he let go of my hand.

I went to stand with the rest of the 13 year old girls and he with the 13 year old boys.

We all stood silently waiting for the mayor to come to the stage and announce the two children who will have to fight to the death in the hunger games.

During this time I decided to take a peak at Mizzen. When I saw him standing with his head down, I wanted nothing more than to run to him and give him the biggest hug ever. Unfortunatly, I couldn't do that. I decided to also take a look at his outfit. He had on a button up t-shirt with long sleeves. It looked to be a dark blue and with polka dots. On top of that he wore on of his vests. Than my eyes landed on his hat. I remember it as the one his dad gave to him before he died. Lastly his pants caught my eyes. On his pants you could find an embroidery of a starfish on both kneecaps. This took me back to a moment not to long ago.

Mizzen is a very clumsy boy. So when he came to me one day saying he fell and made two holes in his pants, right by his knees, I wasn't suprised. I remember I told him to bring me the pants and I would try to fix them up. It was hard, but than I had the brilliant idea to grab a patch of fabric that I had laying around and to embroid a starfish on them and to then sew the patch to the trousers. The reason I chose a starfish was because they were his favorite animal. He could talk about them for days and nonstop.

I also remember the moment I gave them back to them. Seeing how happy he got  made me happy and the thing he said next was something I would get reminded of everytime is saw him wearing those pants. He had said: You're the best Y/n/n. This was the moment I really knew I liked Mizzen as more than a friend. Everything he did or said would make my heart skip a beat.

So seeing him wear those pants to the reaping meant a lot to me. Knowing that people showed up in their best clothes, just incase they got reaped to go to theirs deaths. At least they would look somewhat the best they could. It hit even harder for me seeing him wear those pants, when I realised that he had at least two pair of trousers that looked beter. But he still chose those. I know it was a bad moment but it stilled cause my heart to flutter and my cheeks to become a soft red shade.

My thoughts were interupted however when the mayor took the stage. My eyes shifting from Mizzen to him in an instant.

The mayor started with the same speech like always. At this point I wasn't even listening anymore. I might of been looking at the stage but my mind was somewhere else.

I only tuned in after hearing him say ladies first. I was super nervous, but there was a slim chance it would be me. I mean Inwas in there two times. I have heard from others that there were even some kids that were in their 30 times.

I saw the mayor going to the bowl and grabbing a piece of paper before going back to the microphone. Next thing I know he was calling out the name for the female tribute of district 4. "Coral underbreeze"

I let out a sigh of relief. Of course I felt bad for the girl but you are going to be happy if you don't get picked to go to a deathgame.

I saw a girl, who looked about 16 and with short ginger hair, step out of the crowd. I don't know her but she seems tough. I think she will make it far, maybe even win.

While she was walking towards the stage with peacekeepers by her side  the mayor went to the bowl with boys names. He retuned to the microphine at the same time the girl reached her spit next to him.

I was attently listening to the boys name, but nothing could of prepared me for what was going to happen a secind later. "Mizzen keenwater"

My heart broke hearing that name be called out. I wanted to cry, but I knew I had to stay strong. The worst part is that I had been telling him that there was no chance he would get picked, but here we are.

I wish I could've volunteered, but unfortunatly you can't volunteer for the opposite gender.

----------------------𓇼 ⋆。˚ 𓆝⋆。˚ 𓇼----------------------

After the mayor finished his speech I saw peacekeepers guiding both Mizzen and Coral to the building bheind the stage. I saw Mizzen look back and we locked eyes. I saw the sadness in his and I'm sure he saw the worry in mine.

I stoid there for a good moment trying to take everything in when Caspian put his hand on my shoulder. "We were told that we could go say goodbye. You want to come with us. I mean he is your bestfriend, you deserve to say farewell too", he said with tears in his eyes. I was only able no give a quick nod, still not processing the fact that Mizzen got reaped.

When we got to the building we were told that the tribute were split into two rooms and that we would go in one after another. Each person would also get one minute and nothing more.

We decided Aruna would go first, she was allowed to take Mako with her though because Mako was still young. They will be followed by Caspian and lastly me.

When Aruna and Mako went in, Caspian and I stood in silence. That was until I heard him sob. I am maybe losing my bestfriend/crush but he is maybe losing his brother and I can't even imagine what that would be like. I wanted to be there for him but I knew words wouldn't be on my side, so I just hugged him. I felt him hug me back instanly, crying into my shoulder. We stood there ik a silent embrace until Aruna and Mako came out of the room.

It was Caspian's turn now and after mine. I really wasn't ready for it. I stood there in the room waiting for my turn while hugging both Aruna and Mako who were both crying their eyes out. I felt powerless. I wished I could've done something.

Time seemed to be going by very quickly because one second I'm in an embrace and the next Caspian tells me it is my turn.

I slowly started walking to the room, unable to progresd that this might be the last time I saw him, ever again.

The first thing I saw when I walked in was Mizzen with teary eyes and cheeks stained with them.

I ran up to him the next second. He hugged me back. Holding eachother close. Not wanting to brake the embrace.

"I'm sorry, I'm so so so sorry Mizzy", I kept repeating with my head in the crook of his neck. Somehow I felt like I failed him. Failed to protect him like I said.

Suddenly I feel him move. He moves a bit away from me and puts his hand on both sides of my face, making me look up into his eyes. "This not your fault Y/n/n"

"Then why does it feel like it is"

"It's not and you shouldn't feel that way", he told me.

I don't know what came over me, maybe it was the because I knew there was a chance I would never see him again or maybe I just get some confidence at the worst time possible but I couldn't keep it in. I wouldn't be able to handle to fact that I never told him how I actually feel about him.

"Mizzen, I like you", I said all of the sudden. "I have liked you as more than a friend for more than a year now and I wouldn't be able to handle it if I wasn't able to tell you that. I hate that it had to be in a moment like this but I have no other choice. Mizzen, I-I love you"

After my little rant, I looked into his eyes for some sort of reaction. He had this look in his eyes but I couldn't quite pin point on what it was. Luckily I found out soon enough what it meant.

He slowly started coming closer to me and before I know it I felt a pair of soft lips on mine. 'MIZZEN IS KISSING ME!' Was the only thing going through my mind. I closed my eyes and started to kiss him back. It felt like my heart exploded into a million butterflies.

I was wishing that this moment would never end, but we both knew it had to. We pulled away slowly but made sure that our foreheads were still touching. "I love you too Y/n/n. I have for awhile. Now I just wish that I would've said something sooner, then we could've had more time together", he spoke up.

Then we heard the dreaded knock. The knock that meant we had to round things up.

I kissed him again, just incase this was the last time I was able to do it, before slowly starting to walk towards. Our hands connected until we had no other choice but to let go of eachother.

Right before I walked out the door, I turned around and looked at him one last time.

"Please say this isn't goodbye"

"I'm sorry Y/n, I can't"

----------------------𓇼 ⋆。˚ 𓆝⋆。˚ 𓇼----------------------

I didn't know it back then, but that was actually the last time I spoke to him.
Now he was gone. Gone because of those cruel games.
Mizzen was gone.
My Mizzen was gone.

----------------------𓇼 ⋆。˚ 𓆝⋆。˚ 𓇼----------------------

"I'm sorry Mizzen, I wasn't able to keep my promise"

----------------------𓇼 ⋆。˚ 𓆝⋆。˚ 𓇼----------------------

In the end it was our goodbye

----------------------𓇼 ⋆。˚ 𓆝⋆。˚ 𓇼----------------------

A/N
I want to apologize if you think this is bad. This is one of the first oneshots I have ever written and I'm still learning to make them better. I did spend a lot of time one this so feedback is always appreciated.
Also if I made spelling errors, please let me know so I can fix them.
(English isn't my first language and sometimes I'm just stupid and press the wrong key and don't notice it)

Also did they already do the blood thing to check if you were present at the reaping during the earlier games? I didn't include it because I don't really know

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

228K 35.5K 92
แ€•แ€ผแ€”แ€บแ€žแ€ฐแ€™แ€›แ€พแ€ญแ€แ€ฑแ€ฌแ€ทแ€˜แ€ฐแ€ธแ€†แ€ญแ€ฏแ€œแ€ญแ€ฏแ€ท แ€šแ€ฐแ€•แ€ผแ€”แ€บแ€œแ€ญแ€ฏแ€€แ€บแ€•แ€ผแ€ฎ แ€Ÿแ€ฎแ€ธแ€Ÿแ€ฎแ€ธ แ€–แ€แ€บแ€•แ€ฑแ€ธแ€€แ€ผแ€•แ€ซแ€ฅแ€ฎแ€ธ
103K 1.4K 51
๐ˆ๐ญ๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ซ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐๐š๐ฒ ๐›๐š๐œ๐ค ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฌ๐œ๐ก๐จ๐จ๐ฅ , ๐€๐š๐ฅ๐ข๐ฒ๐š๐ก ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ง๐จ๐ฐ ๐ข๐ง ๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ๐ญ๐ก ๐ ๐ซ๐š๐๐ž, ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐ฅ๐ž ๐ฌ๐ก๐ž๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐ฌ๐ก...
164K 3.7K 62
imagines as taylor swift as your mom and travis kelce as your dad