When Dreams Come True

By dreamerek

Can Yaman is an internationally known actor and model. His shows have had great success but he hasn't been ab... More

Author's Note
Sanem Aydin
Can Yaman
Yachts and Meetings
Fountains and Wishes
Choreography and Tours
My Name is Sanem
Past History and Future Plans
Movies and Taste Testings
Bandanas, Fans and Albatross
Fame and Falling in Love
Hot Air Balloon Rides and Paparazzi
Pajamas and Decisions
Author's Note
Introductions and Impressions
Future Promises and Announcements
Wine and Doubts
Opportunities and Sacrifices
Devastation and Endings
Author's Note
Tears and Revelations
Dreams and Rainy Saturday Afternoons
Reunions in the Rain
Love Reborn and Pottery Throwing
Paris in the Rain
Happy Ending or New Beginnings
Ready for Book 3?
Author's Note
Author's Note
Author's Note

Destiny and Offers

811 82 11
By dreamerek

Trying to reorient her mind, Sanem walked up to Marco who gave her a quizzical look.

Everything ok, hermosa? I'm sorry if I spooked you with the entrance idea, he said with a frown.

No, no, Marco. It was a great idea. I'm just..just a little bit flustered, she said trying to convince him that she was alright.

Looking at her more intently now, his head swaying from side to side, a huge smile began to form. 

Sanem, your cheeks and neck are red, your lips are swollen and you have the look of a woman who has just been kissed to distraction, he said amused.

Gasping again, her hand went up to her mouth to cover the evidence.

Don't, don't be silly! I'm just nervous, giving him a side eye glance. I must've bitten my lip from nerves, she said hoping that silly excuse would suffice.

Suddenly there was applause and Marco took her hand and said, If you say so. Are you ready?

Nodding her head yes and taking a deep breath in and exhaling, Sanem readied her mind for their dance. She needed to concentrate. This was important to her group and to Baris.

She had no idea what was happening on stage because she couldn't see anything from where she was but she hoped whatever was said would put the crowd in a good mood for their performance. She heard someone speaking but her heart was still thundering in her ears.

Hearing their introduction, Marco squeezed her hand as he led her to the stage.

________________

Running back into the cabin like he was being chased, Can looked around. Hello! Are you still in here? The silence confirmed that she indeed was gone.

Sighing heavily and running his hand over his face, he walked quickly out the other door where he was to meet the guys, hoping that he could still find her. Maybe she hadn't left the yacht, not exactly sure how he would find her. Walking around sniffing women was sure to be the end of his career.

Almost running into Tahir, Can looked around frantically.

Did you see a woman come out of here, he asked with a crazed look on his face.

A woman? Why would a woman have been in here, Can? And, no. We got caught by some businessman while you were speaking and just got here. What's wrong? Roberto asked frowning.

Sighing again, he walked around the deck not knowing how he would recognize her since they were in a dark room but he had to at least try since the sniffing idea was a bust.

He heard the music ending and heavy applause but couldn't see what was happening at the stage because Tahir was leading him by the arm towards the exit.

Can, if you go into that crowd you know we will be here for hours. I don't know what's going on but we really need to leave before this turns into a circus. One IG post and we will be mobbed at the marina, Tahir said with a worried look. He had never seen his friend like this.

Hanging his head and knowing he was right, Can turned towards the exit. He knew that if he went back to the crowd, all the attention would be on him and not the performers and he didn't want that. Reluctantly, he walked towards the car and got in.

Can, what's going on? Roberto said loudly, his concern growing.

Rubbing his finger across his lips, Can recalled their encounter.

Wildflowers, passionate kissing, warm skin, beautiful lips. But even more than that. It was the connection that affected him more than anything.

He could almost trace the outline of her face in his mind and would have given everything he owned to have seen her face; to have taken her away with him so they could talk; to find out everything little detail about her and her life and somehow convince her to be his forever.

I don't know, Roberto. I walked into that dark cabin and lost my heart, Can said with a faraway look.

Lost you...lost your heart? Brother, you're not making any sense. You've got to tell us what happened! Tahir said as he drove carefully out of the marina parking lot.

Recounting the best few minutes of his entire life to his two closest friends, Can looked out the window wondering how he would ever find his mystery girl again.

His mystery girl.

Chuckling at this absurd thought, his mind sobered to the realization that he had indeed just lost his heart to a woman he may never see again.

Maybe we can find out from the event planner who was there. A guest list maybe, Roberto offered when he saw the sadness in Can's face.

Tahir countered, Well she could have been anyone there, though. A worker, a guest..or maybe even one of the performers. Where would we start? 

And how would I describe her though? Can said anxiously. I couldn't see her! Honestly other than her lips, the only identifying quality was her fragrance.

Her fragrance? Tahir said, looking quickly at Roberto.

Getting lost in his thoughts, Can said out loud, Yes, wildflowers... 

OH man, you're a goner. One kiss and the smell of perfume and you're GONE!, Roberto said, gesturing to the sky. Can, I've known you for years and I've never seen you like this, not even with Ezgi.

Shaking his head slowly, Can answered, That's because I've never in my life felt this way. She has ruined me for every woman now, his gaze moving in the direction of the city lights.

And she's gone...

________________________

Bowing several times, Sanem, Marco and the group thanked the audience as they made their way towards the exit.

Go on ahead. I'll be right there. I just need to run back to the cabin I was in. I think I left something there, Sanem said quickly walking towards D4.

Opening the door, she said, Hello..is anyone in here? But she was met with silence.

She bitterly regretted having run away without getting at least some kind of information from him but at the time, she couldn't breathe much less think straight. Even his name could have helped her find him again.

Her fingers rubbed her bottom lip as a smile came across her face but was quickly replaced with a frown.

How will I ever find you? she asked the empty cabin.

Sanem knew something significant had just happened to her. Something that had changed her forever. She had read about these life altering moments in novels but had never experienced them in real life. 

Not even with Engin. How strange, she thought, that a stranger had touched her soul more deeply than a man she almost married.

Shaking her head, she closed the door and walked towards the parking lot to meet her friends.

But he was gone...

_______________

Sanem, Mia and Frankie met at their favorite outdoor cafe on Sunday morning, catching up on each other's lives.

Frankie, Sanem, I'm so sorry I wasn't able to see the performance last night but tell me all about it! Mia said excitedly as she dove into her eggs.

It was a great experience, Frankie said. The crowd loved all the dance numbers and Baris was very pleased. But Sanem and Marco were the real stars of the show!

Shaking her head, Sanem said, No, no. We were all great. It was a team win, for sure. She was nursing her first cup of tea and trying to keep her mind focused on the conversation. 

She wanted to tell them about what happened but was waiting for the right time. Wanting to hear about Mia's trip first, she pushed it to the back burner for now.

Turning her attention back to the girls, she realized they were both looking at her curiously.

What? Sanem asked.

Spill. Now! Mia said emphatically. I know you, Sanem. Something is up.

Yeah..you were kinda off last night but I chalked it up to nerves. But Mia is right. Something is definitely up, Frankie said, now leaning her head on her hands and looking intently at Sanem as if examining her.

Well..I don't..I don't know how to describe what happened last night, Sanem stuttered, suddenly nervous under their intense scrutiny.

Mia looked at her with one eyebrow lifted high. She knew Sanem well. If she pushed, she would clam up and try to sway the conversation elsewhere. She would wait her out. Whatever this is was big, she felt.

Looking down, Sanem tried to explain the best way she could, hoping not to draw too much judgement from her friends. They loved her unconditionally but let's face it. 

She had basically made out with a perfect stranger in a dark room!

Perfect..

Yes, that's exactly how she would describe him.

Inhaling in, she told them everything. The dark cabin, the yacht tilting, the kiss, all of it.

Frankie choked on her coffee, nearly spitting it out onto the table. Grabbing a napkin, she tried to recover.

You..you..kissed a man..in a dark cabin? Mia said as she lightly tapped Frankie's back, helping her recover.

I did, Sanem said shyly.

Recovering her voice, Frankie said, I felt the yacht tilt too but...I mean...I've been trying to get you to even look in Sukru's direction or even Marco's for that matter, for months now and you..kiss a stranger??

Closing her eyes and recalling it, Sanem said, Girls, it wasn't just a kiss. It was a passionate, moving, life changing soul connection.

Looking back and forth at each other, Mia and Frankie smiled.

So, do you remember anything about him? Mia asked.

Opening her eyes again, Sanem said, Remember? 

Blowing out a puff of air, she continued, I've memorized his scent, the feel of his lips on mine, the way he breathed, the tickle of his beard, the heavy beat of his heart, his touch on my back and my arms. Remember? 

I'll never forget anything about that moment.

Oh wow..Sanem...did you fall in love? Frankie said with a smile.

Love? No, that's not possible. Although I will admit that the experience has changed me, Sanem said with a strange look on her face.

Changed, how? Mia asked.

Looking between both of her friends, Sanem answered, Yes. Changed. Forever. I felt more in that moment with a complete stranger than I have with any man. It's unnerving and I haven't been able to process it completely yet. I'm not sure I ever will. But I know what's possible now and I won't ever settle for anything less.

Stunned, they sat there staring at her in wonder.

Sanem, I don't know what to say. But how will you find him again? Mia asked.

They both saw when Frankie's eyebrows went high up her forehead as she gasped. Her attention had just turned to her phone when they heard the familiar ping.

What?? Mia asked.

Turning her phone around to show them both, Frankie said, Well, it's just that Can Yaman was tagged in photos last night... At an event. ..On a yacht..

OH man! Was he here in Istanbul? Sanem asked, irritated that she may have missed an opportunity to see him. 

What yacht? she asked.

Well...actually on the same yacht we performed at last night. 

Sanem. He was there. 

On. The. Yacht!! Frankie said raising her voice, her arms producing goosebumps.

What?? How could we have missed him? she said grabbing the phone.

I don't know but it seems like he was there to make some kind of speech but disappeared right after, Frankie answered.

Ohhhh, man...And, he does have a beard just like your mystery kisser! Mia interjected.

You, you don't think...No! NO NO. There's no...could it...Sanem stuttered, feeling faint.

They all just looked back and forth at each other for a long minute and then suddenly they all laughed out loud.

Yeah, right. As if...Sanem said shaking her head at the absurd thought.

Keske..If only..

Ping!

Sanem and Frankie both got a notification from Baris. 

Smiling at each other, they yelled, What?? We're going to Italy!

___________________

Back at the house, Can took off his shoes and jacket, slumping down into his sofa.

Need a drink, brother? Tahir asked.

Yeah, that would be great. Thanks, man, he answered.

Can, I can ask around. Just see what I can find out from the event planner, like I said. It's a long shot but you never know, Roberto added.

Yeah, sure. It can't hurt, Can said. His thoughts were already back to that cabin.

He was never one to believe much in fate but he had to admit how crazy this was. 

Of all the places in all of Istanbul, how did two complete strangers find each other in a random cabin on a random yacht on a random night?

Strangers. 

Why didn't he feel that way about this woman. He must be losing his mind or working too hard. How could he possibly feel so deeply connected with someone he's never even seen. He was right when he told his friends that she had ruined him for life.

He couldn't fathom the depth of emotion she evoked in his heart that no one had even come close to causing. 

He felt exhilarated and confused, giddy but sad all at the same time. To have experienced this with a woman he may never see again was more than he could process.

Taking the drink from his friend, he sipped it and made a decision. The series was ending soon and he needed to concentrate. He would have to put his focus on his real life and not this fantasy that he was indulging in at the moment until he could figure out how to find her.

Roberto opened his laptop and smiled after reading a new email from Mamut, Can's agent.

So, Can. What do you think about Italy?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.6K 2.5K 30
This was not what Sanem had envisioned for her life. A young widow running her own publishing company..alone. She also never thought she'd love again...
15.9K 1.9K 58
Sanem is a young girl who lost her parents in a car accident. Sanem and Leyla Sanem's sister, lived with their aunt and uncle for a couple of years b...
25.2K 2.6K 38
Sanem Aydin is living her dream life in Paris, as she is about to graduate from college with the intention of starting a company and launching her ow...
131K 7.3K 47
This is a different type of Erkenci Kus story. The characters are familiar, but their interaction has changed from the series, and quirky funny thin...