from the start | ran takahashi

By msleereiun

*inspired by the song "from the start" by laufey. a young girl that, unfortunately, fell head over heels on h... More

intro (new info)
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 5 (Ran)
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 10 (Ran)
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18

Chapter 12

172 11 0
By msleereiun

I threw the empty cans in the trash bin and tied it up so it wouldn't spill. Ran was washing the dishes and even though I insisted on doing it, he said I was more clumsy than usual due to the hangover and that I'd probably break all of his dishes.

I just gave him a glare as a response but said nothing more. I decided to just clean up his house as a token of gratitude. 

"Hey Ran, where's the garbage chute? Is it outside?" I asked.

"Yeah.. It's downstairs! But it's fine, leave it. We'll throw it out later." He reassured. 

I hummed in response. I went towards the kitchen and looked for a wet cloth. 

I peaked over Ran's shoulder to see if the cloth was in the sink.

"H-Hey! What are y-you doing?" He stuttered suddenly.

I looked at him weirdly, seeing that the tips of his ears were red.

"Uhh.. I'm looking for the wet cloth to wipe the table?" I tilted my head to the side, confused at his flustered state.

He crouched down, opened the cabinet that below the sink and grabbed the item that I was looking for. He then shoved it in my face as I backed away at the sudden movement.

"Why so aggressive, sir?" I gently took the cloth from his hands while looking away from me.

He shooed me away as I made my way back to the dining table.

'Weird.. He was fine not too long ago.'

After wiping the table, I went back to the kitchen to wash of the piece of cloth. I noticed that Ran was finishing up and decided to wait, leaning against the kitchen island. 

I crossed my arms with the cloth in my hand as I looked at him up and down, observing him.

He peaked over at his right shoulder, looking at me.

"Uhh.. Is there anything that I can help you with, Ms. Kobayashi?" He asked, slowly turning towards me.

I shook my head, answering his question.

"Nope.. Just waiting for you to finish so I can wash this cloth.. Continue." I smiled and stayed in my place.

He let out a sigh and reached out his hand.

"Give it to me.. I'll wash it." He beckoned.

"It's fine, I can wash it." I refused as I shooed his hand away.

"Rika, give it to me.. I'm already washing the dishes." He said as he walked closer but still keeping an arm length distance.

I couldn't walk back since I was already leaning on the island. 

I, being my usual stubborn self, shook my head. 

'I already made a mess since last night, let me wash the damn cloth.'

"No." I said, looking away from him. 

"No?" He questioned, cocking his head to the side.

I suddenly started getting nervous. I kept my eyes closed, facing away from him. I hid the the cloth behind my back even though I was already feeling timid.

I heard him heave out a sigh as I suddenly felt his body warmth near me. I opened my eyes to see that he did in fact get closer.

Way too close, to be frankly speaking.

"H-Hey!" I stammered, facing him.

He placed his hands on the island, cornering me. His face got closer to mine as I backed away even more.

If that's even possible.

I couldn't say anything as he kept leaning in. I instinctively closed my eyes, scared of what might happen.

'What the fuck..What the fuck..What the fuck..? Is he really going this far because of a piece of cloth?'

"R-Ran.. Wait a minute-" I brought my hands in front, trying to push him away.

My chest started to tighten, feeling my anxiety sky rocketing. 

I felt his wet and cold hands wrapped around my wrist as I jolted in shock because of the temperature his hands were in. I felt butterflies in my stomach.

The same ones I felt back in high school.

"Got it!" He beamed as he grabbed the cloth from my hand.

He smiled innocently as if he didn't try and gave me a heart attack. 

I looked at him with shock written on my face.

"Go chill in the couch.. We'll leave after I finish this up." He said, finally backing away.

I still felt my heart beating way too fast as I started to breathe heavily.

I must've looked horrified as I noticed his face changed from a sweet smile to a worried frown.

"Hey.. you okay? I just wanted to get this.." He said as he waved the cloth around.

Instead of laughing at it, I felt a sudden burst of rage. The event made me feel so anxious that I got angry that it was so easy for him.

It reminded me of my current boyfriend's habit. Forcing me into situations I didn't like or wasn't comfortable in. It made me develop an anxiety that I didn't know that started to grow in me.

"It's fine." I coldly said.

I tried keeping a cool head since I didn't want to be rude, but my voice betrayed me and the tone of it was too cold for my liking.

I walked out of the kitchen and plopped myself on the couch. It was dead silent until I heard the faucet running in the kitchen sink. I didn't notice that I was holding my breath until I started to take deep breaths to calm me down.

'He was stuttering earlier, looking like a small puppy and now he became a wolf?'

I had a sudden realization that even though I know he won't do anything to me, he can, with no difficulty, do something.

I'm a girl alone at his apartment. Him, being a man, and top of that, a volleyball player, can manhandle me. 

Easily. 

He was much taller than I am and of course, stronger. 

The thought unsettled me. This wasn't high school anymore, we're adults now and our bodies have matured. 

Especially him.

The scene earlier pulled a trigger in me, giving me flashbacks. Kenzo would usually pull something like that but in a harsher way on me. It gave me trauma but I didn't know it would be this bad since I've known Ran for so long, I felt comfortable to be joking around like that but when it happened, everything started to get blurry and dark.

As I was still processing it, I met Ran's face in front of me. I jumped in shock, feeling a sense of fear.

"Hey, calm down.. It's just me." Ran reassured as he softly held my hands. 

My widened eyes started to soften but I was subconsciously on guard, expecting something bad.

"Look, I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable.. I just wanted to get the cloth but you're too stubborn to give it to me.." He said as I felt his thumbs caressing my hands.

My beating heart started to calm down, making me relax my body.

"I should've just let you washed it.. You were always stubborn since you were a kid." He smiled, suddenly tucking a strand of my hair to the back of my ear. 

Though the events before were similar, this action was definitely a new thing. 

I was usually left alone if I made a big deal out of Kenzo's 'jokes' and he wouldn't talk to me for a week because I was being 'too dramatic'. 

I felt my eyes water as a tear suddenly rolled down my cheek. 

His eyes widened as he wiped my tear away.

"R-Rika.. I really am sorry.." He apologized, looking guilty.

I wiped my own tears feeling embarrassed.

"S-Sorry.. It's not you.. I just felt anxious that's all." I said, telling him half the truth.

I didn't tell him my situation with Kenzo since it wasn't really his business.

'I have to fix that myself'

He kept looking at me with worry in his face. I caressed his hands just to let him know I was really fine.

"I wasn't fine but now I'm okay.." I smiled.

He smiled back but knowing him, he would keep thinking about it the whole day.

That's how he is. A gentleman. He always cared for people and made sure they were okay even if he left. 

One of the reasons why I liked him.

"I'm serious, Ran.." I assured him.

"Also, look at the time! It's already past noon. Don't you have training today?" I asked, changing the topic.

"I do, but it's still later at night.." He muttered, looking at the time."

I nodded my head, accepting the information he said. 

"Let's go walk around a bit? Then I can drop you off." He looked back at me.

He was still crouching down, making me look down at him for the first time.

"At the train station right?" I asked, making sure that he isn't going to drive for half an hour.

He tilted his head as confusion was written on his face.

"Uhh.. no? To your hotel?" He said as if it was the most obvious thing ever.

I shot him a glare.

"No. You're tired and I bothered you too much already." I crossed my arms, leaving his hands.

His hands were then naturally placed on my thighs as my stomach did a few somersaults.

'Act cool, Rika..'

He was about to protest but I shushed him immediately.

"Shh. You already know I'm stubborn so there's no point in arguing back." I answered, deadpan.

He sighed in defeat.

"Fine.. But let's go to the park before I drop you off." He insisted.

I also sighed in defeat as I nodded my head.

"Fine."

He beamed with a smile and got up, almost giving me a strain in the neck from how tall he was.

"Let's go?" He asked as he gave me his hand to take, giving me a big smile.

I shook my head and chuckled.

"You're such a kid.." I muttered and grabbed his hand.

"Hey!" He pouted as he pulled me up.

I then went to grab my purse and made sure I didn't forget anything. He went inside the room to pack his bag and changed his clothes to his training ones. We both headed to the door and wore our shoes.

We headed out as Ran locked the door to his apartment. He was walking ahead of me as I followed him like a small duck. We finally reached his car and went in, finally starting our journey of the day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

252 15 5
Locked away. And she continued claiming that he had ruined their lives. Part 2 of "Does it?"
112K 3.5K 39
โœง๏ฝฅ๏พŸ: *โœง๏ฝฅ๏พŸ:* ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ค๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ ๐˜ง๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ข๐˜ญ ๐˜ท๐˜ฐ๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ๐˜ฃ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜จ๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ ๐˜ด๐˜ถ๐˜ฃ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฒ๐˜ถ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ฉ ๐˜ข๏ฟฝ...
209K 7.2K 116
#๐Ÿ ๐“๐Ž๐Š๐˜๐Ž๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ #๐Ÿ ๐Ž๐‹๐˜๐Œ๐๐ˆ๐‚๐’ | I was breaking up with my cheater boyfriend and there was this guy who made a spike out of nowhere and...