BUILDER , Percy Jackson/AnnaB...

By TheHoundThatBegs

DISCONTINUED!! + new rewrite on account! PERCY JACKSON AND THE LIGHTNING THIEF โ›Take courage, my heart: you... More

BUILDER!
two
three
bonus chapter !
the good day !
four
five
PLEASE READ!!

one

341 14 2
By TheHoundThatBegs

o. BUILDER
[ 1.02 ] beginning !

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

' Percy never asked
to be a Demi-god,
I didn't either '

' most of the time it gets
you killed, in painful,
in nasty ways '

' if you think you might
be one of us, my
advice is turn
away while you still can. '

' Because once you know
what you are...they'll sense it too '

' and they'll come for you,
Don't say I didn't warn you '

「 ☆ 」──── Hayden sighed once more drinking their coffee, this time it was black coffee, the bitter yet stingy taste made them blink awake.

Their hair was still tussled [ not like it always isn't ] they sighed pushing the hair back, their was a blonde color, it was golden in the eyes of Percy, perfect faded from a darker brown/blonde to a golden color, like pudding. They sat on the bus playing with the two small braids in the front of their hair, across from Percy who talked to Grover. They stared outside the window jade eyes shining in the sun while their olive skin glistened in the bright light.

Hayden felt the bus hit a stop as they looked over at the two, Grover nodded at them as they stood up. They got up putting their hands in their sweat pants pockets. They sighed waiting for the kids to finally unload and finally when there was a space ahead of them they felt a harsh shove as they flew forward.

Hayden yelped hitting the dirty floor, their coffee splashed all over the floor and burned their hand as they hissed, kids laughed and giggled at them, pointing and staring at the scene with pure amusement, Percy stood up instantly to defend said kid but Grover held his shoulder in a tight grip.

"Oops..Sorry, gayden. I guess you were slow, mentally and physically, you-" Nancy hissed just as Percy was about to open his mouth until Hayden spoke up loudly.

"It's okay, Nancy, we're chill" they spoke in soft tone getting up, wiping the dirt and dust off their clothes. They walked off the bus taking on the fresh air, it was different from the usual musty kid smell. Hayden waited for Grover and Percy who seemed to be taking their sweet time.

The moment they got off the bus aster took to their side, "why does Bobofit always have to fuck with you, Hayden?" Percy hissed while glaring at the red head who giggled with her friends. Hayden shrugged, they put their bag down opening it to show a thermal filled with tea.

They took it out zipping up their bag, putting it back on their shoulders, they opened it pouring some in the small cup/lid and drank it, "wouldn't know, but this tea made my mood better, want some?" They put the tea in the direction of the two who shook their heads.

This tea really was good, the honey and berries made it even better.

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Hayden stood next to Grover rocking back and forth on their heels, "what you see here, they are not fictions. They are not fantasies. What you see here are the truest and deepest parts of yourselves. Friends...the gods, the monsters, the heroes you see here in this room. Are reminders of what we are capable of. Now, on your worksheets, I want you to choose one of the subject you see here. I want you to choose one of the subjects you see here and describe it. Not just how it looks. But how it makes you feel. Hmm? Okay, come on." Mr. Brunner clapped as Hayden moved away. Percy glanced at them with furrowed brows.

"Your not gonna do Perseus?" He mumbled, Hayden sighed taking another sip of their tea.

"Nah, I'm gonna go to the area where god of Fire is, he's my favorite ." They spoke softly, walking away towards said area. They looked up at the statue then smiled.

'Hope your doing well, Dad'

They sighed at their own thoughts, not noticing the commotion going on behind them. They yawned, "man, this tea is making me tired. I really need to lay off, I'm gonna pass out sooner or later." They mumbled, taking a deep content sigh.

"There are all sorts of schools of thought about what drives that kind of bullying, childhood trauma, feelings of inadequacy..." Grover spoke to Percy trying to cheer him up. Hayden bit into an apple, a satisfying crunch coming from the delectable fruit, savoring the taste of natures candy.

"Look, I get that Nancy has issues.im just getting tired of her taking them out on me and Hayden. I feel like...maybe it's time to do something about it." Hayden looked up at Percy, taking a sip of their tea.

"You could make an appointment to me Mr. Kane. He's really good at talking-" Hayden began but Percy interrupted them looking up the red head.

"I was thinking more like shoving Nancy in the nearest dumpster" Hayden's eyebrows raised, looking at Percy with a more of a 'maybe not' look which Grover copied.

"Oh! Oh, no. No, no, no, no, no, no, no. No, if there's one thing I know about bullies, is that you should never, ever stand up to them" Hayden face palmed as they felt stress pour into them, they quickly took a chug of their tea feeling that stress fade away, their body eased.

"That doesn't sound right" Percy spoke with furrowed brows, Hayden looked at him.

"Look..I know this place is hard for people like us. But we're not gonna be here forever. There are better places out there." Grover spoke to him as Hayden patted his shoulder, then a slice of ham hit them as they gagged.

"Oops." Nancy spoke while staring at them with a devious smirk, Percy finally stood up, stomping towards her as Hayden tried and failed to grasp his wrist to hold him back.

"Percy.." Grover spoke in warning tone, just as the boy reached out Nancy went flying into the fountain, Hayden standing up quickly as Grover shouted a 'no, don't!' Nancy blinked in the fountain looking just as shocked.

"Percy pushed me!" She screamed as Hayden covered their mouth, they had to admit it was a little bit funny but now wasn't the time. Stress was entering their body once more, their tea had spilled due to how fast they stood up so now their were stressed and tea less. Their hands shook as they covered their face trying to calm themselves down.

One minute Percy was a few feet away the next he was on the ground unconscious. They gasped speed walking towards him kneeling down as many others pooled around them.

"Is he okay?"
"Is he dead?"

Students mumbled next to them, Hayden patted his cheek for a good two minutes eventually slapping him so hard it echoed which caused them to wince. Grover grabbed their wrist in a tight grip looking at him with a 'what the hell?' Look.

Percy groaned awake as Mr.Brunner spoke, "give him some room, please." Hayden grabbed Percy's forearm pulling him up as he blinked dazily, he looked at Hayden, Grover, and Mr.Brunner confused.

"What happened? Where's Mrs. Dodds?" He asked, Hayden gulped looking over at Grover who glanced at them, wrapping his hand in theirs.

"I didn't do anything to him! He pushed me." Hayden heard Nancy speak in the back as they rubbed their pulsing head, Grover removed his hand from their hand and rubbed their shoulder in a comforting way.

"Everyone, go back to your lunches. It's all right. Percy just needs a moment, that's all." Mr. Brunner explained as the students grumbled and walked away, Hayden looked at the ground brushing their hair in a continuous pace in a way to calm their nerves and oncoming migraine.

"I don't understand. Didn't anyone just see that?" He asked the three, then looked around once more, "where's Mrs. Dodds?" Hayden looked at Percy who looked at them then Mr. Brunner who stared at Percy.

"Percy, there's no one here by that name" as soon as Mr. Brunner spoke those words, Percy moved his gaze over at them as they just stared at him, " all right, class, let's move along. Let's go. Finish your lunch" Hayden rubbed their knuckles nervously, then began to pack up their belongings. They packed up Percy's as-well and walked over to him handing it to them.

Before they could turn away they felt a hand grab their wrist, "Hayden," they looked over at him, nervous and slightly confused, "you saw what happened right? I'm not crazy" he asked, Hayden looked at the ground.

"I mean, Percy I barely saw what had happened- I- I haven't had enough tea or coffee today my brains all fucked up." They said, taking their hand away. They patted his back awkwardly.

"Don't worry, I get it. Thanks." They nodded feeling their gut twist and shape, biting their lip.

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

"The truth...can be so very hard to determine...but in this case, the truth seems very hard to deny. Mr. Jackson, a number of your classmates saw you, Mr. Underwood, and Ms. Woods arguing with Ms. Bobofit, yet, you have offered no explanation for how she ended up in that fountain, other than, uh.. "I didn't touch Nancy." no, isn't there anything else you'd like to say for yourself?" The headmaster asked, glancing up at the three.

Hayden seemed more relaxed now, they had gotten off the bus and said teen had been able to acquire another cup of coffee to calm themself down. They were more relaxed than before, clear-headed and zen.

"I didn't touch Nancy" Percy spoke back, Grover seemed to look down.

"Okay," the headmaster sighed, "Mr.Underwood, Ms. Woods? Do you have anything to add" Hayden sat up straight, cleaning their throat nervously, they looked at the coffee on the floor next to them.

"Yes" Hayden felt something hit their gut as they looked over at Grover, "I do." They could begin to feel the tension in the room rise as the headmaster gave the continue, " Percy had told me earlier in the day that he wanted to get back at Nancy for all she'd done to us" Hayden looked down, putting a hand through their hair.

"Grover?" Percy asked, Hayden could feel hear and feel the betrayal and confusion in his voice. They tugged on the front braids playing with the small leather rope and gem on it, one gem was white/grey in the shape of a sheep, the other grey in the shape of a cloud.

"and he isn't being truthful about what happened at the fountain" Grover continues, Hayden turned their gaze back at the ground, counting the carves into the wood.

"Grover!" Percy interjected a bit more louder.

"Excuse me. Are you saying you saw Mr. Jackson assault Ms. Bobofit" Hayden slowly turned over to see him looking at not only Grover but Hayden too, they winced.

Grover was the first to look away, but Hayden held his gaze longer then slowly looked down as he gaped, "yes, I did." The deal was sealed and now, the coffee was cold.

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

"I'm sure he'll be fine, Grover"

"Fine? Fine? I could feel him killing me with his gaze! It physically hurt!" Grover yelled, stomping his foot. Hayden patted his shoulder, they took a sip of their coffee.

"I know, Grove. Don't worry about it, he's strong. He's a strong, kid. I can feel it" Hayden said putting on their sunglasses leaning back. The two sat under a tree, Hayden holding an umbrella above the two.

"Now he knows. Well, not completely but He definitely has an inkling that something is off with him." Hayden gave him a look as he reworded it, "something like-like, I don't know you know what I mean!" Grover shouted, he stood up zipping up his jacket, rain pouring down on his dark curls.

Hayden stood up aswell, "me and you, we gotta go today! Like, now!" Grover shouted, Hayden stood up.

"But we told Mrs. Jackson we would go tomorrow!" Hayden shouted throwing the umbrella away.

"I'm going!" Grover shouted running away as Hayden huffed chugging the rest of their drink then running the same way.

"Goddammit Grover!"

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Grover panted as did Hayden who shivered in the cold, Grover took to long to knock on the door so Hayden began to pound on the door, "Mrs. Jackson?it's Grover and Hayden! Please open the door, it's a little time sensitive and it's cold" they shouted in the rain.

Mrs. Jackson opened the door halfway just enough so she could fit through, "I asked to have the night, you said we could all leave in the morning" she spoke.

"Sorry, we're early, but we didn't have any choice. Things have changed, this is all developing a lot faster than we anticipated." Grover spoke in a fast yet nervous way.

"Early? you should've asked me before- whatever it is you're gonna say I don't wanna...hear it. Grover? Hayden?" Percy stopped, Grover now had the bottom half of a goat, hoofs beating off the ground.

Hayden had steam flowing off of them as they set fire to their hand throwing it at the nearby fireplace, they shook the water out of their hair drying the rest of. Their hair seemed a bit longer aswell, more of shag cut but still had the same two braids in it.

"Percy" Grover spoke back, "okay, so something's coming.."
"Grover, Hayden?"
"And I know that sounds really bad.."
"Grover, Hayden?"
"But the important thing is not to panic"

Grover explained, Hayden nodded their head, rubbing their arms that heated up to warm up their cold arms.

"I'm not panicking" Mrs. Jackson spoke, hands on her hips in a mother like stance.

"Grover, Hayden!"

"Great! Me and Grover also are definitely not panicking. We feel very about how we're doing so far-" Hayden spoke up, putting a hand on Grover's shoulder.

"Grover! Hayden!

"What?"
"Oh my god, what?" Grover stomped his hoof as Hayden let their cheeks heat up to show a more yellow/orange color in aggravation.

"Grover why is there half a goat in your pants? Hayden, why do you look like lava girl?" Hayden brows furrowed as they grabbed their cheeks, slight insecure until they blinked.

"Hey! It's-oh! Oh, she didn't say anything about.." Hayden pointed at the Grover and themself, Grover looked at him and then Mrs. Jackson.

"you didn't tell him about us?" Grover spoke, Mrs. Jackson made a face at him.

"You guys are early. Hayden, Sweetie careful with the fire your gonna burn the house down" she quickly spoke, Hayden let the fire die down as held their hands.

"So..the important, crucial, thing is not to panic" Hayden spoke, playing around with their necklace.

Mrs. Jackson sighed, "we'll continue this in the car. Let's go." Hayden looked back at Mrs. Jackson then at Percy who stared a little too long at their steaming body/hands.

"Will I melt anything?"

"Our job has been to guide you to this moment. It's always an emotional rollercoaster for a young demigod. So providing a support system is really-"

Grover had began to explain but Percy interrupted, "who are you two?" He asked.

"I'm Hayden, you know, you've called me your long lost sibling from time to time"
"I'm Grover. Im your bestfriend and-" poor Grover seemed to always be getting interrupted by Percy who was full of questions.

"What are you two?"

"I'm a satyr. And we're your protectors. Well, Hayden is a Demigod but the fire is a pretty rare thing they got so just be careful" he laughed nervously.

"You guys are my protectors?"

"If me and Hayden hadn't gotten you kicked out of school, you would have never survived the night. And what's chasing us now would have found you there easily...I'm sorry.." he apologized, Hayden finally spoke up.

"Usually, I can sense danger coming a mile away, but this time...well, none of us saw Dodds coming and I was a bit off my game." They spoke, wrapping their arms around themself tightly for warmth.

"So you guys knew, that thing Dodds turned into, you guys saw it happen? Why didn't you say anything, Hayden?" He questioned, brows furrowed in anger.

"We saw some of it. The most kept her hidden even from us until it was too late" Hayden explained.

"Mist? Whats a mist?"

"The mist, it's a veil that hides the magical world from the human world. My legs, Dodds' wings. Even Dodds' absence, but it isn't suppose to hide things from us. That never happens. Something powerful is at work here. The sooner we get you to camp, the better off you're..." Percy looked over at Grover as Hayden facepalmed.

"You told him about camp, right?"
"Not yet, no"

"Camp is a sanctuary for half-bloods. A safe space wheee you can learn who you are and what the world is like on the other side of the mist. Uh, it's not far, actually just a little ways past the bend up there." Hayden felt their head pulse strongly as they groaned, their hands heated up as they placed them to their temples to help ease the on coming migraine.

"Mom, what else haven't we talked about?" Percy asked his mother, "what else haven't you told me?" He asked once more. Suddenly, a loud boom made the car shake just a bit as Hayden stood up straight looked over their shoulder to the road behind them.

"Is that the Minotaur?" Percy exclaimed.

"Once the attacks start, they never let up. Okay? Dodds was just the beginning. He is next. He-he is brutal. He is relentless." Grover shouted tone a bit shaky.

"He is still wearing underpants" Percy concluded, the sound of the Minotaurs hooves hitting the road made Hayden shiver.

"The mythological cards were training. Everything has been training for what's still ahead of you" Hayden spoke up, they gripped Percy's seat tightly, melting it a bit.

"What's ahead of me?"

"Kids" Mrs. Jackson spoke up.

"Yeah?" Percy responded .

"I'm actually 24" Grover interjected, Hayden groaned.

"I'm still thirteen, don't worry"

"Hold on, please." Mrs. Jackson said, the Minotaur had gotten right next to the car as Grover screamed in fear scooting back into Hayden who held him close wrapping an arm around him. Mrs. Jackson suddenly swerved the car hitting the Minotaur who grunted and slammed into them effectively trapping his horn in the steering wheel. A loud honk caught the attention of the people in the car.

Mrs. Jackson sped the car up as the truck hit the beast blasting it back, the car slid out of control as Hayden wrapped Grover in their arms tightly then it went faded to black.

Grover was the first to get out, pulling out a passed out Hayden with him. Percy had also gotten out helping Grover with Hayden. Mrs. Jackson had gotten out with the help of Percy.

"Is everyone okay? Oh my god, Hayden! Are they okay? Their face is bleeding." She spoke grabbing Hayden's limp face. They had a cut coming down from the middle of their forehead to their cheek. It ran right through their eye.

"I don't know their unconscious, their breathing is just fine though." Grover spoke as they followed Mrs. Jackson.

"This way!" She shouted, leading them towards a him with a pine tree on top.

"We're here. That's the boundary. No monster can cross it. Percy will be safe on the other side." Grover spoke, turning around as he held onto Hayden.

"Percy will be.." but won't all of us be safe?" Percy looked confused, Mrs. Jackson marched and stood infront of Grover who looked up at her.

"Grover, I am trusting you to protect my son, my only child" she spoke in a shaky tone.

"Don't worry, Mrs. Jackson, Percy will be totally safe at camp-"

"Swear it" she hardened her tone and eyes at Grover.

"What's happening?" Percy asked.

"Swear it, Grover! Keep him safe from anyone or anything that wants to do harm, that looks at him the wrong way. Do you understand me?" She spoke in a scared yet serious voice.

" I swear!" Grover shouted, Mrs. Jackson nodded as the Minotaur roared which caused Hayden to stir.

"I gotta go now, sweetheart." Mrs. Jackson breathed heavily as she spoke.

"Go? What do you mean go?" Percy looked at her perplexed.

"I can't go with you" she said, shaking her head as her eyes held sadness, Percy was completely confused and scared.

"Why can't you?"

"She's human" Hayden spoke up, they shakily stood as they held their face. Wincing at every drop that hit it, Grover turned them away. He ripped some of his shirt and wrapped it as well as he could around the wound.

"You're gonna need to be brave now. Remember what I taught you. Remember the stories I told you. Especially the stories, they will tell.."

"No"

"..You everything.."

"No way! Mom, I'm not leaving you!" He interrupted but his mother held a stronger voice.

"Perseus! Listen to me. You..are not broken. You are singular. You're a miracle, and you are my son. Hold fast." Hayden looked up the mention of the tale.

'Take courage, my heart:'

"Brave the storm"

'you have been through worse than this.'

"I love you"

'Be strong, saith my heart; I am a soldier; I have seen worse sights than this.'

Tears mixed with the rain as Hayden heard the voice fade away, the Minotaur roared once more, this time louder and closer.

"We need to move" Grover yelped.

"Give me your coats" Mrs. Jackson said.

"Why? What are you gonna do?" Percy questioned confused, taking off his coat quickly handing it to his mom, Hayden shrugged off their hoodie as-well.

"He smells half-bloods, that's what he's tracking, yeah?" She asked Hayden who nodded their head, "so if he smells you guys in two directions at once, maybe I can confuse him. Buy you both a little time to get away" she spoke hurriedly putting on one jacket and holding the other.

"Mom, please, don't-"
"Hey! It'll be okay." Percy shook his head as she began to get ready to talk to him once more until finally the Minotaur roared once more breaking through the trees.

There is stood walking towards them as Hayden gripped Percy slight tugging him away. Until Mrs. Jackson grabbed him once more kissing his head then pushing him towards them.

"Go! Now!" Hayden gripped the two running from the scene tugging them with until their vision got blurry, they groaned trying to push it away but alas they dropped and hit the floor as did Grover and Percy who groaned.

"Hayden are you okay?" Grover asked, Hayden just whimpered in pain. Looking up only to see Percy run towards the scene shouting something.

"Percy-! Wait!" They looked over at the scene only to see Mrs. Jackson fade into dust as they groaned, Percy shouted once more for his mother. The rain deafening his cries.

Hayden began to stand up as Percy unsheathed his sword, "Percy! No! Percy don't!" Hayden shouted, limping toward him. But Percy ran towards the Minotaur hitting it once knocking the both down.

Hayden hissed, "Percy..get-away!" They quickly ran as fast as they could towards the fight, they heated up their hands as much as they could in the rain and threw the fire straight at the Minotaur who yelled in shock. They kept throwing fire ball after fire ball to the Minotaur until Percy stabbed through its skull. But as Percy stabbed through the beasts skull Hayden hit the floor into a rock knocking them out once more.

The cold enveloping them.

'Guys! Help Hayden! Their injured'

'My gosh, he did it alone?'

'Holy crap! Hayden! Their bleeding hurry!'

A/N

HOLLY SHITT I finished the first chapter finally😢😢

Anyways so I'd like to give some memes I made while I was bored and if you have any comments, suggestions, or just questions go ahead and ask 😇 be nice tho🤨🤨 also to anyone who read the book before I edited it sorry yall I have other ideas for this way.🧍🏽‍♀️

───────────────────

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.9K 306 12
โ™† ๐‘ฐ๐‘ต ๐‘พ๐‘ฏ๐‘ฐ๐‘ช๐‘ฏ ๐‘ท๐’†๐’“๐’„๐’š ๐’‚๐’๐’… ๐‘ช๐’†๐’„๐’† ๐‘ฑ๐’‚๐’„๐’Œ๐’”๐’๐’ ๐’‡๐’‚๐’๐’ ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’‘๐’†๐’๐’‘๐’๐’† ๐’•๐’‰๐’†๐’š ๐’…๐’Š๐’…๐’'๐’• ๐’†๐’™๐’‘๐’†๐’„๐’• ๐’•๐’ ๐’ƒ๐’†๐’„๐’๐’Ž๐’† ๏ฟฝ...
121K 6.1K 29
her heart was wild, but i didn't want to catch it, i wanted to run with it, to set mine free. THE LIGHTNING THIEF - THE SEA OF MONSTERS. BOOK I.
2.7K 102 9
what if all i need, is you? Augustine has a peaceful life. Well, as peaceful life can get for a demigod, but peaceful nonetheless. A boy w...
6.1K 217 14
๐’๐๐€๐‘๐Š๐’ ๐…๐‹๐˜ โ› i'm captivated by you, baby, like a fireworks show.โœ ยฉ -๐—ผ๐—ณ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ถ๐—ฎ๐—น๐—น๐˜†๐—ผ๐—ฏ๐˜€๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜€๐—ฒ๐—ฑ- ๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿฐ ๐˜€๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ ๐Ÿญ๐Ÿฌ...