Memoria Cordis (Nino x OC)

By keishirogane08

Memories are special, especially to us humans. It contains the events that we experienced all throughout our... More

OC Backgrounds
Chapter 1: A One-sided Reunion
Chapter 2: Long-lost Friend
Chapter 3: A Nightmare
Chapter 4: Monday Once Again
Chapter 6: The Fireworks I won't forget

Chapter 5: Scattered Memories

219 14 4
By keishirogane08

3rd POV. Nakano Residence.

It was once again, tutoring day for the Nakano Quintuplets.

After Fuutarou found out about Miku's love for Sengoku Generals, and Miku somehow having a glimpse of Aoto's situation....

Miku decided to help Fuutarou in dealing with Aoto's condition.

However, that planning will come later after the tutoring session.....if Fuutarou will be able to convince the other four people to study.

But....as soon as Fuutarou was able to gather all them.....

Nino as usual got in his way. She convinced Yotsuba to help the Basketball team to substitute for an injured member, and Yotsuba being always to never say no to those in need, she decided to choose the basketball club over studying.

Ichika had a part time job, so she really had to go. Nino was able to convince Itsuki to study at the library....

In the end, it was just Miku who stayed....

Until....the doorbell rang.

Fuutarou: Hm?

Miku: A visitor?

Nino: I'll go check it out.

Nino went to open the door. When she opened it, it was revealed to be none other than Aoto.

Nino: W-Who are you...?

Aoto: Uh, I believe Fuutarou is here?

Nino: Huh? It's you.....what do you want?

Aoto: Fuutarou asked me to come here for who knows what reason.

Nino: Then unfortunately he left-

Miku: Hm? Wait, isn't that...?

Fuutarou: Aoto!

Fuutarou and Miku checks on what is happening, only to find out the scene.

Aoto: Oh. There you are.

Miku: Please, come in.

Nino: Huh!? Since when-

Fuutarou: Is that how you receive guests?

Nino: Huh? Who are you to lecture me about-

Aoto immediately mediated.

Aoto: Please. If you don't want me here, I can only just leave. I don't know what Fuutarou is going on about, but if I will just get in the way-

Fuutarou: Wait, no! It's just-

Aoto: No, it's fine, Fuutarou.

Aoto: I'll be fine.

Aoto then turns to Nino as he smiles and bows to her.

Aoto: I'm sorry for the intrusion.

Fuutarou: Oi, Aoto-

Aoto: It's fine, Fuutarou.

Aoto: I'll....

Aoto gives Fuutarou a smile, but the latter knew it was a fake smile.

Aoto: Just write it down so I won't forget when Monday comes.

Aoto leaves the apartment complex, and this left everyone puzzled.....

No, not everyone.

Nino was the only one puzzled.

There was silence.

No one said a word for a minute....

Until....

Miku: Fuutarou....what Aoto said earlier....

Miku: Was that-

Fuutarou: Please. Not now. As much as I wanted to talk to you about that.....

Fuutarou: Now is not the right time.

Fuutarou: Besides, shouldn't be Aoto the one to tell us about it?

Miku: But with how his memories work-

Fuutarou: Ah, that slipped my mind.

Fuutarou: Damn it....

Fuutarou: I don't have any idea of what happened with Aoto back then.

Fuutarou: I just saw the aftermath, but not what happened...

Fuutarou: When I learned the truth, I always thought to myself that I can never forgive myself.

Miku: Fuutarou...

Fuutarou: Don't worry. Now that I saw Aoto just fine, maybe I can atone for my sins by helping him with his memory issues.

Miku: But Fuutarou, what are you planning when you asked Aoto about going here?

Fuutarou: For one.....

Fuutarou: I want him to have friends.

Miku: Friends?

Fuutarou: His little sister, Kocho, told me that ever since Aoto had that condition....

Fuutarou: He can't make any friends. From what she told me, Aoto really is different from the Aoto I knew back then as an elementary student.

Miku: About him losing his memories every monday, it looks like straight from a manga...

Fuutarou: Unfortunately, you already saw that it is real.

Fuutarou: To be honest, I can never imagine someone losing their memories over and over again.

Fuutarou: Probably the reason why he is so distant now.

Miku: When did Aoto had that condition?

Fuutarou: From what I learned from Kocho, it happened five years ago.

Miku: Five years ago?

Fuutarou: I don't also know the full details but Kocho probably hid more details.

Miku: But you saw the aftermath, right?

Fuutarou: Yes. Aoto was already in a stretcher and getting inside the ambulance.

Fuutarou: I just heard that he was in a state for coma for who knows how long. Until Kocho revealed that Aoto was unconscious for around 3 months.

Miku: Three months!?

Fuutarou: But his condition didn't help. That was where they discovered the side effect of the injury, Aoto's amnesia.

Fuutarou: Kocho said that at first, they thought it was your ordinary amnesia, but they soon noticed that Aoto was forgetting the events of what happened during the week.

Miku: Then, how did Aoto managed to....

Fuutarou: They decided to keep a journal for Aoto.

Fuutarou: And even took some pictures as a double measure.

Fuutarou: Not to mention, he was homeschooled for a year, so let's say he was homeschooled during his first year in middle school.

Fuutarou: Little did I know they moved to Osaka during that time.

Miku: So you were surprised to see them here?

Fuutarou: Yes. They already moved recently.

Fuutarou: Anyways, that is what I currently know about Aoto's situation.

Miku: So, Aoto's memory loss, huh.

Miku: What does it feel to lose memories?

Fuutarou: I don't know. I can only tell one certain thing about it.

Miku: And what is it?

Fuutarou: It's painful. I saw it from Kocho's expression. I feel like she's afraid that her brother will gradually lose all of his memories, not only about what happened in that week, but all of it.

Miku: Can't we really do something?

Fuutarou: That's what I've been asking Kocho all this time.

Fuutarou: But she told me they're doing what they can to help Aoto retain his memories.

Fuutarou: I fear for what will happen next Monday.

Miku: .....

Miku: Wait, Fuurarou, you said that Aoto's family kept a journal to record what happened to Aoto during the first days after having his condition....

Fuutarou: Help him record those memories. Journal, pictures, anything.

Miku: Exactly! That way, Aoto may remember!

Fuutarou: I just hope it works. But I feel it can.

Fuutarou: Miku, thank you for helping me with Aoto.

Miku: No problem. Also, I want to know this friend of yours.

Fuutarou: Yeah, maybe I can also help him gain a new friend after all these years.

Meanwhile, on Aoto's side....

He walked away and just decided to go home.

Then.....

Aoto: Agh!

Aoto felt a very sharp pain on his head. As if it was a ringing sound.

He fell into his knees, clutching his head in pain, to the point that he describes it as having his head being split open.

Aoto: Ah.....Aaaaaah......

Aoto: *groan*

Aoto: AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!

Aoto: DAMN IT! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME!? WHAT'S WITH THIS HELL OF A HEADACHE!

Aoto: IT HURTS TOO DAMN MUCH! AS IF MY HEAD IS CONSTANTLY BEING HIT BY A DAMN HAMMER!

The torturous pain continued until a certain flash of memory came.....

A girl with a pinkish red hair color. Yet her face was obscurred of something like a mist.

Aoto: Huh!?

He immediately snaps back to reality and founds himself in front of a restaurant's door named REVIVAL.

Aoto: .....

He looks around and he takes an empty table and sat down. With his hand holding his head....

Aoto: W-Who was that.....? Why did a sudden mysterious girl flashed through my mind.....?

Aoto: Who was that.....? Where......was that.....?

Aoto: Then.....when.....?

Aoto: Is this what they're talking about? About some of my repressed memories coming back.....?

Aoto flinched when he felt another jolt of pain on his head.

Aoto: Urgh! What....is going on......?

Aoto: When did I even met someone like that....?

Aoto: No, more importantly.....

Aoto: I can't seem to remember her at all.

Then suddenly.....his memory flashed a voice.....

Sweet to the ears and full of hope.

"Say, if we meet again, would you like to—"

But that too was cut off. Aoto doesn't seem to remember that part.

Ever since that day, his memories are like scattered leaves on the ground.

Memories that are also fragmented.

When certain memories are suddenly flashing back to him, they are mostly fragmented.

Aoto: What is happening to me....? What is wrong with me......?

For now, Aoto's memories will continue be fragmented....

But one thing is for certain.....

That certain memory is the beginning of Aoto's journey of putting the pieces back of his fragmented memories.

Meanwhile.....

A certain girl looks at the very distant sky.....

Her figure being shrouded by the rays of sunlight.....

???: So.......you really did forgot everything.......?

???: But not by choice.....

???: And.....

Her tears began to roll down....

???: I'm sorry, it's all my fault.

???: I'm very, very sorry, Aoto......

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 110 10
The saddest thing one can lose is a memory. Spirited Away ©2019
30.8K 1K 23
[F/N] [L/N] is a model and a part-time actor. Being successful he already has what most wish for; money, fame, looks. He also thought he had it all...
57.9K 1.7K 46
One day, one memory. Her first love, his mission. Tokugawa Daisuke had a memorable encounter with a girl that changed his life forever. Two years...
7.5K 134 19
2 years. 2 very long years of living in Greece with his parents, a boy manages to go back to Japan! by using his best friends family, he learns that...