Stowaway: A Star Wars Rebels...

MultiverseEnthusiast

Attempting to retreat from a losing battle, the Ghost Crew unknowingly jumps into a wormhole and crash lands... Еще

OC Datapad
Brace for Impact
Unidentified Fragmented Object
Detachment In Distress
Quick Recon
Immoral Compass
Sum of Their Parts
Under Pressure
Escape Plan
A Galaxy Far Far Away
A Noble Cause
Searching for Answers
Seasoned Veterans
The Bro Code
Friends Old and New
Search and Rescue
The Fights Get Harder
Newfound Wisdom
Creatures of the Beyond
Conflicting Perspectives
Within Reach
Home Away from Home
Part Two Sneak Peek
Reeling and Recovering
Brothers Divided - Part 1
Brothers Divided - Part 2
A Date With Darkness
Military Exercise
Bridging the Gaps
Close Encounter
Struggles
A Sign of Things to Come
Breaking Barriers - Part 1
Breaking Barriers - Part 2
Winds of Change
The Bigger Picture
Fading Fast - Part 1
Fading Fast - Part 2
Race Against Time
Redemption
Going Home
Far From Home
Author's Note

In Enemy Territory

362 10 0
MultiverseEnthusiast

"Alright, Y/N. Show me what you got," Sabine taunted. I got into stance and methodically approached my training partner. I stepped in, throwing a jab to gain space. I threw another one which Sabine blocked with ease. She threw a straight right, square at my nose. My head jerked back, but I stood tall. "Keep your hands up!" Sabine instructed, then went for a leg kick that I easily checked. I threw a right hook that she intercepted with yet another jab. I went for a two-three combo which finally landed, forcing her guard down. I stupidly decided not to continue the combo. Sabine recovered and sent a body kick to my ribs. I grunted from the direct hit. Time to switch up my strategy. I tried an overhead kick, but this proved to be an even worse approach. She blocked it and countered with a spinning back fist, knocking me down. Sabine pounced on me, quickly gaining control. I tried to gain leverage by turning my hips, but it was no use. I glanced down. She has me in a body triangle. I threw a punch but she swiftly dodged it, keeping my lower body locked in place. "Rinse and repeat," she mocked. I finally connected with a hook, but she ate it. I turned on my front, which was a big mistake. She slid her legs around my neck and locked both my arms around her waist. The choke was there and I saw no other options to escape. I tapped out to yet another defeat. "That's your sixth loss in a row," she said. "Can't you train me on how to do those moves?" I said, befuddled by how she swiftly took me down. "You can only learn to fight by fighting," she said. No matter how much I loathed losing, it was the truth. I still wanted to have her teach me the fundamentals, but I trusted her methods. "I will give you a tip, though. Stand up." "You guys, come quick! Hera called for an emergency meeting," Zeb said. We removed our headguards and gloves, dusting each other off. Then we followed the Lasat, wondering what went wrong this time.

A few minutes later, we arrived at the command center to see Hera and Sato awaiting us. "I have grave news. The supply run to Teralov failed, and we lost the entire escort of A-Wings. Six pilots and the transport's entire crew," Hera reported. "How many is that this month? At this rate there's not gonna be anyone left to fly for the Rebellion," Ezra said. I looked down in silence, the memory of the last crew I commanded burning in my head. We've been taking too many losses recently, and I knew all too well what that felt like. "Fortunately, I have been working on a solution with the help of Fulcrum," Sato said. "Ahsoka?" Ezra asked. "She's still alive?" I wondered. "No. Fulcrum is a code name we give to our secret informants. It was Ahsoka's idea, and there are other agents," Hera explained. Ezra and I frowned that we truly never were going to see her again. "So, what's our mission?" Zeb asked. Sato pressed a button on the holoprojector to play back an audio recording. "I have information that may help you replace your stable of pilots. There are Imperial cadets at the Skystrike Academy who wish to defect to the rebels. I do not know their names, but they will require some assistance to escape. I suggest you move quickly before the Empire discovers their intentions. Fulcrum out," the voice said.

"This is enough to act on," Sato decided. "The mission is yours, Sabine. We've arranged to insert you into a squad of new cadets headed for Skystrike. AP-5 will prepare fake credentials," Hera said. "Wait, wait, wait. Shouldn't I be the one to go in? I've done this before, remember?" Ezra suggested. "Yeah, and I really was an Imperial cadet once. For years, remember?" Sabine countered. "I'm sorry, what now?" I said. I never heard either of these stories. Of course, they had very unconventional lives before and after they joined the crew, but getting this close to the Empire was a thought I had never processed. "The Empire knows you too well, Ezra. You'll be identified. Sabine is the least recognizable out of all of us," Hera rationalized. "If it's a secret identity you're looking for, why not send me instead? I don't even think the Empire has a record," I spoke up. The briefing paused as they all pondered my statement. Safe to say, the reactions were very mixed. "Y'know, Y/N actually has a point," Zeb said. "Well, we already chose someone for the mission," Hera emphasized. "Didn't he infiltrate and destroy a top-secret Imperial base a few weeks ago?" Ezra chimed in. "Yeah, with me. We wouldn't have succeeded alone, right Y/N?" Sabine said, getting my attention. "Yes, but me going in minimizes risk. If either of us gets caught, they don't have a name on me. Is that not protocol to register prisoners?" I retaliated. "Enough!" Kanan shouted, defusing the argument. "Sato, what do you think?" The commander thought for a moment before giving his verdict. "Y/N is more fit for this mission. He is correct that his lack of identity would cause the Empire some unwanted problems. I'm allowing him to redeem himself here," he ruled. I nodded at the commander, feeling pleased that I was given this opportunity. "Ezra, Sabine, and Kanan. You will shadow him and assist in his escape. Zeb and I have to supervise the escort for the new relief mission to Teralov," Hera said. I noticed the livid look on Sabine's face. I nodded at her, hoping that she'd understand this was in the rebellion's best interests. But she scoffed and turned away, which was reasonable. I'd probably do the same if she basically stole my mission. With our plan now in motion, I departed to the Ghost to rest.

The next day

I stood in a full TIE pilot's uniform as the Imperial shuttle that took me to Skystrike landed in the hangar. "Squadron, formation!" The accompanying officer ordered. We lined up as the ramp opened and we prepared to deliver our credentials. So far, the line moved smoothly. Then it became my turn. I handed the ID to the officer, who inserted it into a droid. However, I didn't get the beep of confirmation I was expecting. "There seems to be a problem with your credentials, cadet. Security!" The officer said, summoning two stormtroopers to take me away. "Hold on, you're still using these cards? They're a little outdated. Let me fix that," I thwarted. I brushed the ID on my suit to make it look like I was removing dust, then handed it back to the officer. He reinserted the ID into the droid and the codes checked out. "Proceed," he said. I took my comlink from my belt and signaled the crew that I made it in. I took a few steps to the side and waited for the squadron to finish checking in. "Squadron, advance!" A pilot said, who I assumed to be the instructor. He led us down the corridors of the academy. We took a few turns, sticking in formation until we stopped outside the dormitory. "And halt! Listen carefully, cadets. You are here because the Empire sees the potential in you to join the ranks of its most elite pilots. Most of you will fail. What you have accomplished before means NOTHING. Here, only the best survive. Your first combat training will begin tomorrow at 0600. Best prepare yourselves. Squadron, dismissed!" he announced. A good number of pilots broke off into groups talking about what I assumed to be different types of TIE Fighters. Not my area of expertise. I need to focus only on finding the defectors and getting them out of here. I went to my temporary bunk and quickly dozed off, prepared to act at a moment's notice for the Rebellion or the Empire.

The next morning

"Squadron, wake up! Report to the training room immediately!" the instructor demanded. I jolted out of bed and splashed some water on my face before equipping my helmet. Unlike yesterday, there was no order, only cadets scrambling to get to today's training session on time. I did the same and arrived earlier than most to seem loyal and dedicated. After all the cadets made it, the instructor gave his orders. "Cadets, here you will be given the opportunity to show off your skills, decision-making, and intelligence. You two will go first," he said, pointing to me and another pilot. I climbed the ladder and jumped into the pod. I started up the mock fighter and the screen displayed the vacuum of space. The only other object within my field was another fighter. "Begin," the instructor ordered. "This is TIE SS-16, on patrol at .149, awaiting wingman," I said through my comms. "Copy, 16. This is TIE SS-10. You can call me Wedge. What's your name cadet?" he asked me. "Don't break protocol, comm numbers only," Command interrupted. "Copy that, Command," Wedge said. "Scan is tracking rebel ships entering sector two. Move to intercept," Command said. "Acknowledged, let's go, 10," I said. We repositioned our fighters to face the ships. "I have a visual of the fighters at .847. Y-Wings," Wedge reported. "Heavy shields and turret guns. Command, how should we proceed?" I continued. "Eliminate all targets," they ordered.

The Y-Wings began their attack, their lasers forcing us to fly around them. On their new pattern, two of them broke off to flank us. "They're splitting up," Wedge told me. "Circle around to .4, I'll cut off their axis," I responded. Doing as we said, we took care of the small squadron with relative ease. "Excellent shot, 16!" Wedge complimented. "Right back at you, 10," I replied. "16 and 10, proceed to the transmitted coordinates and destroy the rebel vessel located there," Command ordered. I got the new coordinates on my dashboard and flew to them. "Please, do not fire! We surrender!" We're heavily damaged and have wounded aboard! Repeat, we surrender!" a man transmitted from the ship. "Destroy the vessel as ordered," Command said. "They surrendered. Protocol is to prepare a boarding party," I notified Command. "Destroy the vessel as ordered, 16!" they repeated. "Is breaking protocol part of the mission?" I muttered a little too loudly. "What was that, 16?" Command asked. "Uh, comm malfunction, sir," Wedge said, covering my disobedience. "Hold on. New target coming in at .17," Command notified. "I'm going in, 10. You stay the course," I said. What I saw speeding toward me was the Ghost. I hesitated to shoot, which was unwise. They quickly destroyed my fighter and my screen went black. "Simulation complete. Cadets, exit your pods," Command said. My pod rotated upwards and I climbed out. I descended the ladder and waited at the computer for debriefing. "What kind of ship was that? That was no transport," I lied, doing my best impression to keep my cover. Unfortunately, another pilot had the perfect answer. "Ah, but you are wrong, cadet. That was a transport. The Ghost was modified for combat and is a perfect representation of the extremists you know as rebels. They will attack us using any means necessary. This is why orders must be obeyed without question or hesitation." "Your piloting skills were exceptional, up until you got killed. Never, ever leave your wingman!" the instructor reprimanded. "Understood, cadet?" "Yes, sir," I replied with a sour taste in my mouth. No, actually. I don't understand, do you? "You may go," he said. I left the training room and looked around for the mess hall to get breakfast. "Hey," a voice said. I turned around to see Wedge. "I see you don't just take risks when you're flying." "Well, I trust myself. I know right from wrong," I responded. "I respect that. A lot of people here don't," Wedge said before walking off. I wasn't completely sure if he was one of the defectors, but the signs were encouraging.I entered the mess hall and thought about how I would continue this investigation.

Kanan's POV:

Ezra and Sabine have been much more antsy than I anticipated. My Padawan had already expressed his displeasure about solo missions and had resorted to pacing back and forth to quell his nerves. Sabine, however, just remained silent. There was a huge conflict within her, and judging from this and her behavior at the briefing, she has an astoundingly large worry for Y/N. A greater connection might exist between the two of them, but I can't tell for certain. While we stood by waiting for any type of signal, I had to deal with Ezra and Sabine first. "Both of you need to calm down," I spoke up. "How can I be calm, huh? Y/N is stuck inside the academy, and there's nothing I can do," Ezra snapped back. "That's right, there's nothing you can do. So nothing you are doing right now is going to help," I said, giving Ezra something to think about. "He stole my mission! I would've had the whole thing under control. He is nowhere near as adept with Imperial protocol or piloting as I am. Hell, the only reason he got assigned is because Sato pities him!" Sabine ranted. "Sit down and relax," I instructed my crewmates. "Part of a Jedi's wisdom comes from learning to accept when things are out of our control. Ezra, do you trust Y/N?" "Of course I trust him," he answered. "Then trust he will succeed," I said.

"Sabine, do you trust Y/N?" "Yeah, I guess," she replied. "That doesn't sound very convincing," I pointed out. "Well, I do. But there's always more isn't there?" she angrily said. "Yes, there is. Let go of your anger and tell me how you feel about him right now," I suggested. Negative feelings bottle up if left alone, and could cause a disaster once let out. Cleansing the mind of those feelings is the only way to heal and keep a level head. "He's taking such a big risk for us. I think he was being reckless by essentially handing himself this mission. The one person who's been closest to me- our crew when we needed it most. And I just don't want to lose him!" she exclaimed. My judgment was proven correct, they are very close with each other. "I understand that, and you're right. But he was very well prepared for this mission. He's smart, resourceful, driven, and a little persuasive. Wouldn't you agree?" I probed. Sabine paused for a second, trying to process my words. "Yes," she said with full confidence. "Let me ask you again. Do you trust Y/N?" I asked. "With my life," Sabine responded. "Good. Now stay ready for when he returns," I recommended. Problems solved. Time is our best friend here. Y/N will be back. I am certain of it.

Y/N's POV:

My search for Wedge continued but yielded no results. I couldn't be too obvious because the other pilots would see an alliance as threatening. As it turns out, the Empire followed my logic. Governor Pryce and Agent Kallus have questioned our squadron on the whereabouts of these defectors. I think I got out of it safely, so I could refocus my efforts on the objective. While I was walking through the building, I eavesdropped on a conversation. Maybe this could be it. "I told you it was too risky!" someone said. "How are we gonna get out of this?" another pilot responded. I peered out and saw Wedge in the group. "Will you just relax? They don't know. If they did we'd be in the brig," he said before leaving. Bingo. I kept a safe distance while following him out toward the hangar. As soon as he went outside, I waited a few seconds before revealing myself. "Something wrong, Wedge?" I asked. "Uh, no. Why?" he said. "You look nervous. Kinda like you're doubting something," I pointed out. "Sort of. I was thinking about what you said in the simulator. About how this wasn't what you signed up for," he confessed. "Yeah, firing on unarmed ships is just...wrong. What about you?" I wondered. "I was flying cargo ships when the Empire recruited me. At the time I thought, 'Why not?' But if this is what they're becoming, then what's the purpose?" Wedge explained. "I know that feeling. Ever thought about escaping from here?" I questioned. "That's not really possible, is it?" he said. "Nothing's impossible, Wedge," I replied with a smirk on my face. "What do you mean?" he asked. A lot of questions, but the right ones nonetheless. "My name is Y/N L/N. I was sent in to get you out," I admitted. "So the Rebellion did get my message," he said. "Yes, but I heard there are other pilots who want out too," I recalled. "There are," Wedge said. "Perfect. Get them ready to leave. I'll let you know of the plan when I meet up with you," I said. "Are you serious?" he said, dumbfounded. "Welcome to the Rebellion," I responded, smiling. I ran off towards my bunk to get my helmet and life support. This escape needs to happen soon or we might not get this chance again.

"Squadron, report to Hangar 6. I repeat, report to Hangar 6," the instructor announced over the intercom. "Y/N, this is Rake and Hobbie," Wedge said, introducing my allies. "Are you sure you want to go through with this?" I asked. We couldn't afford anyone to switch sides or the entire plan would be shot. "We've made our choice," Hobbie confirmed. "No turning back now," Rake said. Good. "Listen. There's a rebel ship nearby waiting for my signal. Watch me. When I go, you go. But you have to trust me. Understood?" I explained. "These rebels, do you trust them?" Hobbie asked, unsure that they would help us. "They trusted me first. Now let's go," I said. I briefly thought back to the beginning when we met under those unexpected circumstances, and it's astonishing how far we've come since then. I hopped in my TIE Fighter and powered up the ship. Pulling out my comlink, I set the plan into action. "Spectre 1, this is Traveler. If you're receiving this, lock onto my signal," I transmitted. We flew up into space as we waited for an opportunity to arise. "Squadrons, prepare to break formation and engage in a simulated dogfight. Your lasers have been nullified, but your hits will still register and be scored," the instructor directed. "On my mark. Three, two, one, mark!" I turned my fighter and went after an Interceptor, attempting to chase it down. However, their superior mobility made it difficult to get a shot on target. I focused up and anticipated their path, finally scoring a hit. This charade continued as I was trailed by another fighter. I dodged its shots and tried to find another path until I got a signal from my comlink. I smiled as I saw our friends emerge from hyperspace. "We read you, Traveler. Come aboard," Kanan said. "On our way," I responded before rerouting toward the blockade runner. This was it. A flawless escape. With three elite pilots trailing behind me. And three more trailing behind them. Wait. That's not our friends. "Cadets, return to base immediately. This is your only warning," a female voice ordered. "Yes, ma'am," I lied, keeping the TIEs going. Then something strange happened.

I couldn't control my fighter. I peered out the glass to see our wings float away into the vacuum of space. "Our TIEs were rigged! Abort the mission! I repeat, abort!" I ordered. Our ride home then faced a relentless barrage of laser fire. I saw an explosion from the top of the ship. That definitely took out their deflectors. "No, Y/N! We're not leaving without you!" Ezra argued. The ship turned towards us to extract me and the other pilots, but they took another beating. "Please! I'll find another way," I begged. "We're not going to ditch you! Just trust us!" Sabine shouted. "You can't help me if you're dead! Get to hyperspace and come back later!" I yelled. They finally realized this wouldn't be a noble sacrifice and jumped away. I sat in silence, waiting for the Empire to lock me up. Once again, I failed my mission. And there was no way to contact the Rebellion. By volume, it wasn't as bad, and all of my allies were still alive, but this definitely felt worse. I said I would redeem myself, and that was Sato's logic to send me here, and I broke his trust. I heard a group of shuttles come to get us and put us in binders, transporting us to the academy's prison. One by one, Wedge, Hobbie, Rake, and I were pushed into a cell. Minutes later, a woman whom I dreaded to see waltzed into the room.

"I have so many questions. But first, I would like to know which of you is the rebel agent," Governor Pryce said. She held a datapad in her hand and pressed a few buttons. A shocking device turned on and the board in front of us turned. "Do you know what this is? It's most effective at extracting information," she sneered. "You," Pryce pointed at Hobbie, who was stood up by the stormtroopers guarding us. I saw what they were doing and I had to step up. "Wait! It's me. I'm the informant," I confessed. "Y/N, don't," Wedge said. "And now we have a name," Pryce taunted. "Agent Kallus, escort these three to their designated cell. Y/N and I have a lot to talk about," she ordered. The pilots were pushed out and the door slammed shut, leaving me and the governor alone. "Y/N, L/N, is it? Bold of you, galaxy traveler, to get involved in this "rebellion." And here I was thinking these faraway places didn't exist," she taunted. "That's impossible. There shouldn't be a record of me in your database!" I said, shocked that there indeed was something. "You're quite right. But we imprisoned a pirate some time ago and he told us everything. Hondo, was it? But that hardly matters now. Time for you to talk," Pryce stated evilly. I grimaced at the mention of the pirate's name. This was by far the worst mistake he made, but I couldn't think about that as I was forced toward the torture device. A stormtrooper removed my binders and I acted quickly, elbowing him in the helmet and knocking him out. I threw a right hook to subdue the other trooper, but I was sent flying to the wall by a surprisingly powerful punch from Pryce. Hand-to-hand combat? She doesn't know just how experienced I am. Even if I got my ass kicked time and time again.

I recovered and sent a kick right to the gut. She countered with a cross that I intercepted with a jab, but she found a hole and used a hook on me. "Not bad," I said, impressed at her skill. "The Empire has taught me well," she heckled. Pryce succeeded at her takedown attempt and got me locked in a body triangle. Think, Y/N, think! What would Sabine do here? "Stand up," Sabine's voice rang in my head. Remembering my last spar with her, I got onto my feet and slipped out of her grip. She overextended on another punch, giving me the perfect opportunity to charge at her. The open electrical rod connected with the governor's face, knocking her unconscious. "My girlfriend taught me better," I mocked. I took the datapad lying on the floor and scrolled until I found where my friends were being held. Then I took a blaster and exited the cell. Conveniently, they were right down the hall. I sprinted to the cell and opened it, revealing the pilots' stunned faces. "Let's go find a ride out of this hellhole," I said. We ran from stormtroopers firing at us until a set of blast doors shut in front of us. So did the ones behind us. I raised my blaster, expecting a figure to come down the only other hallway. "Don't shoot," Agent Kallus said. "Give me a good reason not to," I replied angrily. "Avoid levels three through five. Go to Hangar 24," he said. "And why should we trust you?" I pressed. "Tell Garazeb Orrelios we're even," he responded. My eyes widened at that. How those two became friends or even owed each other favors didn't make sense, but I wouldn't waste this opening. I'll be forever grateful for this save if we make it out alive.

We kept running to the hangar and dropped in a TIE Bomber after we arrived. "This tub?" Wedge questioned. "It's durable. Just keep it in the air as long as possible," I said. He powered up the ship and flew away. I signaled my friends just in case they were still there. A beep returned, but not from where I was hoping. "One TIE approaching directly behind us," Hobbie reported. "That's gotta be Skerris," Wedge replied. The best pilot in this place was hot on our tail. He took a few shots, some of which landed, crippling our ship and causing it to descend slightly. "Where are those friends of yours?" Rake questioned. "They're coming! Keep it steady!" I said, holding out hope. "He's got a lock on us!" Wedge shouted. We expected to get hit again, but no shots came. In fact, the Interceptor wasn't even on our scopes anymore. "Traveler, we're here. Get to the docking port," Ezra said. "Thanks for the save, Spectre 6. Let's get out of here," I responded. Wedge carefully guided the bomber to the docking port, attaching the ship to the blockade runner. We climbed out and went to the cockpit to see my crew all happy to see me. "Make the jump," I said proudly. A soldier plugged in the coordinates as the stars blurred before us.

A couple hours later, we finally returned to Atollon, safe and sound. Hera, Zeb, Rex, and Sato were all waiting for us, and they seemed pleased that I was able to return with three new, experienced pilots. "Commander Sato, allow me to introduce Wedge, Hobbie, and Rake. Formerly of the Galactic Empire," I stated. "Commander, we heard you're looking for some new pilots," Wedge said. "Indeed we are. Welcome to the Rebellion," Sato smiled, saluting the new recruits. They saluted him back, along with myself. "Excellent work, Y/N. I am elated that my trust in you was not misplaced," he praised. "And thank you, Commander, for giving me a second chance," I complimented. He nodded before getting the new pilots acclimated to life in the rebellion. "Knew you could do it, buddy," Ezra applauded, slapping me on the back. "We all had confidence. But there's someone you need to speak to. She's still a little upset," Kanan said. I looked into the distance and saw Sabine sitting alone on a crate. "I'll go talk to her," I said. I walked towards Sabine and sat on the crate next to her. "I'm sorry, Sabine," was all I could muster. Usually, I was good at explaining myself, but today I just felt lost and unsure what to say to her. Sabine kept silent, giving me some extra time to think before speaking again. "I know Sato snubbed you today. And I just wanted to apologize. I was arrogant and almost got us killed. You were the better fit for the mission, but what happened happened. Just for you, I'll do better," I finished. "Please, just give me some space," she said. "You know you can tell me anything, right?" I consoled her. "I know. But I want to be alone for a bit," Sabine repeated. I frowned that she tried to push me away, but I wouldn't abuse her desires. "I'll see you back on the Ghost," I said before walking back to my ship. I felt dejected that she wouldn't open up, but maybe this is for the best. I'll clear the air later. Time heals everything, right? I entered my cabin and laid on my bed. But I didn't sleep. Even after a successful mission, today ended on a low note. I stayed up all night, hoping the situation would blow over. I was strong without Sabine, but with her, I was even stronger. I hope she forgives me. I would hate to lose her this early on.

(A/N: Thank you all for 5k reads!) 

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

26.6K 575 28
Star wars rebels I After battling the inquisitor Ezra carries an unconscious Kaynan back to the ghost limping and falling, he comes to the door of t...
13.5K 498 32
Its been 5 months since Ezra and Ruby joined the ghost crew and their rebellion against the empire. Little by little they learn to trust and warm up...
36.6K 629 9
What if the Republic and the Jedi's had won the war?? Order 66 would have never happened. So how would the Ghost crew meet one another?? How would E...
22.8K 746 39
"I have heard that you rebel against the Empire. Is this true?" Hera stayed silent and looked at the man with disgust written all over her face. "Sh...