Dog breeds

By morgan123433

I will try to add new animals every day. Also before getting a animal make sure you do a lot of research 😁! More

Doberman pincher
Chow chows
Cats/kittens
Rottweiler
German shepherd
Baby farm animals
Kangal aka the Anatolian Shepherd Dog
American pitbull terrier (UKC.)
Great dane
Cane corso
Puppies 1/idk
Puppies 2/idk
Puppies 3/idk
Husky's
Afghan hound
Foxes
Foxs 2/♾
Beagle
beauceron
Golden Retriever
Labrador Retriever
Irish Wolfhound
Dog facts!
random dog stuff!
Boxer
What is a Service dogs?
Poodle (Standard)
American Staffordshire Terrier
American Water Spaniel
Belgian Malinois
Affenpinscher
Dalmatian
DUNKER (UKC dog breed.)
Mi-Ki (ukc dog breed)
Karst Shepherd Dog (UKC dog breed)
Airedale Terrier
Beauceron
Samoyed
Newfoundland
Basenji
Alaskan Klee Kai
Russian Toy
American Bulldog.
Let's talk about Brachycephalic dog part:1
Brachycephalic Dogs breeds part 2.
American English Coonhound
Otterhound
American Foxhound
English Foxhound
Cardigan Welsh Corgi
Pembroke Welsh Corgi
Akita
Poodle (Toy)
Poodle (Miniature)
American Hairless Terrier
Miniature Schnauzer
Standard Schnauzer
Giant Schnauzer
Smooth Fox Terrier
Wire Fox Terrier
Kromfohrlander
Karelian Bear Dog
Spanish Mastiff
Sussex Spaniel
Clumber Spaniel
Basset Bleu de Gascogne (UKC)
Basset Artesian Normand (ukc)
Biewer Terrier
Sealyham Terrier
Barbet
Komondor
Xoloitzcuintli
French Bulldog
Caucasian Shepherd Dog

Kai Ken

0 0 0
By morgan123433

Kai Ken are
loyal, intelligent, agile.
They are in the Miscellaneous Class.
LIFE EXPECTANCY:
12-15 years.

General Appearance: The Kai Ken is a medium-sized, brindle, spitz-type dog: well balanced and sturdily built. Its conformation points to the agility and nimbleness required for a dog living and working in steep mountains: particularly the strength of the hocks, the balanced center of gravity, the springiness of the round, catlike feet. The Kai Ken Aigokai (Kai Ken Preservation Society in Japan, the registry for nearly all Kai in the country of origin.) describes two body types: the rangier "deer type" and the broader "boar type" to be given equal consideration. While these types are not kept separate, they can still be detected in the breed as a small degree of range notable in the tuck up and substance of frame, distinct from the sexual dimorphism. All Kai should appear alert and keen, ready for action, and capable of climbing and balancing on ledges, leaping fallen logs, and weaving their way through thick cover, regardless of type.
Size, Proportion, Substance: Kai are 10 percent longer than tall, with a height at withers to length of body of 10:11. The height at the withers averages 17 inches for females to 193⁄4 inches for males, with an allowance of an inch and a quarter above or below. Kai are well balanced dogs, with good bone and agile limbs. Faults: heights over 181⁄4 inches for females, 21 inches for males, and below 153⁄4 inches for females and 181⁄2 inches for males.
Head: Expression - Showing sexual dimorphism, and an unadorned, unsophisticated air known as "soboku," coupled with composed boldness. Sobuku might be further described as straightforward-ness and honesty. Alert and keen, Kai should express a sense of wildness (called
"yaseimi"); rustic and natural as opposed to appearing "cute" or highly-refined. Eye shape is triangular, but not as extreme as the other native Japanese breeds. Eye rims should be black in color, the iris dark brown. Gaze strong and confident. Ears - Firmly pricked, moderately thick, triangular in form and angled forward parallel to the line of the neck. Spacing between the ears is even. The ears are slightly larger than those of the other Japanese breeds. Skull - Forehead slightly furrowed, wide falling to a moderate stop. The length of the muzzle, measured from stop to the end of the nose is equal to the length of the skull, from occiput to stop. The skull and muzzle are parallel to each other when viewed from the side. Cheeks are well-developed. Muzzle is pointed, moderately thick. Lips tight and pigmented black. Nose - black, nasal bridge straight. Teeth are strong with a scissors bite. The mouth and tongue is generally spotted, with pigmented areas increasing as the dog matures. Faults - Lack of sexual dimorphism; light colored nose, lips or eye rims; light colored eyes; missing teeth; snipy muzzle, roman nose. Disqualifying faults - overshot or undershot jaw, ears not pricked.
Neck, Topline and Body: The Kai Ken is a medium sized dog. Neck has appropriate thickness and length without looseness, powerful and muscular. Chest is deep and oval. From the side, the lowest point of the chest is just behind the elbow, the forechest is well developed, the sternum should not be excessively pointed. Ribs are moderately sprung. Tuck up - the belly should be slightly (in boar type) to moderately (reflecting deer type) tucked up. Back - Well-developed withers, inclining slightly downward to a firm, level back. Loin is short, broad, and muscular. Tail is set on high, thick, and strong - either sickle, sword or curled when the dog is at ease and feeling confident, roughly reaching the hock when let down. The Kai has an expressive, flexible tail that lends balance when running, climbing, or swimming. Disqualifying Fault - a tail that cannot be carried up.
Forequarters: Shoulders are moderately sloping, well developed. The point of the shoulder forms a roughly 105 to 110 degrees angle with the upper arm bone. Forelegs are robust, straight, and parallel, with strong, moderately short, sloping pasterns. The shoulder blade and upper arm are roughly equal in length. The arm lies close to the ribs but is still very mobile, with the elbow moving close to the body. Feet - Toes well arched and tightly knit; pads thick and elastic, nails hard and preferably dark in color. All four feet should grip well, as the Kai is known specifically for climbing ability.
Hindquarters: Hips are powerful and tight. Legs - Robust, firm while providing for excellent leaping ability and speed. Thighs the upper thigh is a little longer than the second thigh. Hock Joint forms a 145 degree to 150 degree angle. Hocks are especially well-developed, tough and elastic, parallel to each other, perpendicular to the ground.
Coat: The Kai has a medium length, double coat. The outer guard hair coat is coarse and should stand off from the body with a soft, dense and thick undercoat. Kai Ken should have a mane. The hair on the head, legs, and ears is shorter than the coat on the body while the coat on the tail is somewhat longer and stands open in a brush. Kai should be presented in a natural state. Fault - long or wooly coat, lack of breed characteristic mane.
Color: The Japanese nickname for the Kai Ken is the Tora Inu, or Tiger Dog, so black stripes on a red ground are required. The function of the brindle coat is camouflage in the field, as ambush and flushing is a feature of Kai hunt style. The breed identifies three coat colors, given equal consideration: black brindle, medium brindle and red brindle. All densities of brindle have a
relatively even distribution of clear but soft stripes like a charcoal drawing. The color behind the stripes is a rich red to deep mahogany. Pigment should be strong. A small white blaze is allowed on the forechest, between the front legs and on the belly but white should never blend up into the body coat or produce socks. Faults - Faded coloration, socks. Disqualifying Fault - Pinto, cream, or any non-brindle coat.
Gait: The Kai should be gaited in the ring on a loose lead at a brisk trot. Movement nimble, light and elastic, with single-track strides of moderate length. The topline remains level and firm, reach and drive are moderate and efficient. Weight should be balanced and responsive.
Temperament: The Kai is a dog of exceptional astuteness and sensitivity. They are a natural hunter with a strong prey drive and while an independent thinker, they are extremely devoted to their owner and it is from the depth of this relationship that a Kai dog's cooperation and workability springs. With strangers the Kai tends to be reserved, but friendly and affectionate with those they know. Keen and alert, the Kai Ken has a strong homing instinct and propensity toward loyalty to one master for life.
Disqualifying faults:
Overshot or undershot jaw.
Ears not pricked.
A tail that cannot be carried up. Pinto, cream, or any non-brindle coat.

About the Breed:
The Kai Ken is a medium-sized dog and is one of the six native Japanese breeds. Traditionally used to hunt a wide range of game in the mountains of Japan, the Kai Ken is considered a rare breed even in Japan. The Kai is highly intelligent and learns quickly. They seem to learn as fast as the other Japanese breeds if not faster. They are not as independent and are more willing to please their companions. The Japanese describe the Kai Ken as a trustworthy guardian and extremely devoted to his master.
Kai Ken are athletic and intelligent with a strong desire to hunt. The Kai is an independent thinker and can form a strong bond with their family. They are excellent swimmers and climbers and have been known to climb trees and swim rivers in pursuit of game. Kai have a distinct brindle coat that comes in three colors: Black Brindle (Kuro-Tora), Brindle (Chu-Tora), and Red Brindle (Aka-Tora). Red brindle is the rarest of the coat colors. The distinct coloring and brindle pattern enabled the dog to blend in to the mountainous forests in which it hunted, camouflaging it against prey and predators in ancient times. The amount of brindle will vary from dog to dog as well as the brindle pattern. Most puppies are born completely black and their brindle will emerge as they age and will continue to change for around the first five years of their life. In the home, the Kai Ken requires basic canine care. They can be kept in an apartment setting provided they receive regular exercise in the form of leashed walks. Being a naturally clean breed, bathing should be limited to only when dirty. Brushing is recommended, especially during twice-a-year coat blowing.

History:
The Kai Ken is one of the six native Japanese breeds. The breed was discovered in 1929 in the mountainous regions of Kai province near Mount Fuji. In 1931, the Kai Ken Aigokai was formed and is the oldest and largest Kai Ken registry. Due to the breed's hunting prowess and agility, it was traditionally used to hunt a wide range of game from pheasants to bear.   The Kai was recognized in 1934 by the Japanese Kennel Club. Because of the language barrier, there is very limited information on the breed, but it is believed that the first Kai Kens were brought to the United States in the 1950s by US servicemen in the military. A pair was also sent to Salt Lake City. It is not known what happened to these dogs or if there are any surviving offspring. The next known arrival of the breed was in 1990 when a four-year-old male was brought over and, shortly after that, three females puppies. In 1991, six more puppies were brought over and in the following year, one more male puppy was imported. These dogs made up the genetic pool for all the American bred Kai Ken; they are the foundation of the Kai we have today.        There were originally two types of Kai Kens from two great foundation studs. KAIKURO willed the "shishi-inu-gata" type which is a thicker, stockier dog with a more bear-type face. DAIRO, famed for his deer hunting, is credited for the thinner, longer bodies with foxier faces called the "shika-inu-gata" type. Each dog gave strength, speed, agility and quick thinking to its descendants as evidenced in the breed today. Currently in Japan, the Kai is regarded very highly by the Japanese people, they do not distinguish the two types anymore, and no one type is perferred over the other. The Japanese describe the Kai as a trustworthy guardian, extremely devoted to his master, and they say a Kai will lay down its life to protect its master. They are very loved and protected in their native country and is considered a natural treasure in Japan.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19K 456 29
"you sure your up for the ride, Princess?" "I don't really have much of a choice, do I?" "Not really sweetheart." "Will You protect me?" "With every...
Muffin By Penelope

Short Story

382K 18.2K 21
"Hey Megan, did you find those notes?" "Uh, I think you have the wrong number, Sir." One wrong number with a very sweet outcome.
35.8K 852 90
Continuation of Modesto story who happens to intercourse with friends,mature,classmates,strangers and even family...
4.7K 92 14
this is your story on how you met Andy and how he fell deeply in love with you :) also this is my first ever X reader story so u know also this is ma...