Dog breeds

By morgan123433

I will try to add new animals every day. Also before getting a animal make sure you do a lot of research 😁! More

Doberman pincher
Chow chows
Cats/kittens
Rottweiler
German shepherd
Baby farm animals
Kangal aka the Anatolian Shepherd Dog
American pitbull terrier (UKC.)
Great dane
Cane corso
Puppies 1/idk
Puppies 2/idk
Puppies 3/idk
Husky's
Afghan hound
Foxes
Foxs 2/♾
Beagle
beauceron
Golden Retriever
Labrador Retriever
Irish Wolfhound
Dog facts!
random dog stuff!
Boxer
What is a Service dogs?
Poodle (Standard)
American Staffordshire Terrier
American Water Spaniel
Belgian Malinois
Affenpinscher
Dalmatian
DUNKER (UKC dog breed.)
Mi-Ki (ukc dog breed)
Karst Shepherd Dog (UKC dog breed)
Airedale Terrier
Beauceron
Samoyed
Newfoundland
Basenji
Alaskan Klee Kai
Russian Toy
American Bulldog.
Let's talk about Brachycephalic dog part:1
Brachycephalic Dogs breeds part 2.
American English Coonhound
Otterhound
American Foxhound
English Foxhound
Cardigan Welsh Corgi
Pembroke Welsh Corgi
Akita
Poodle (Toy)
Poodle (Miniature)
American Hairless Terrier
Miniature Schnauzer
Standard Schnauzer
Giant Schnauzer
Smooth Fox Terrier
Wire Fox Terrier
Kai Ken
Karelian Bear Dog
Spanish Mastiff
Sussex Spaniel
Clumber Spaniel
Basset Bleu de Gascogne (UKC)
Basset Artesian Normand (ukc)
Biewer Terrier
Sealyham Terrier
Barbet
Komondor
Xoloitzcuintli
French Bulldog
Caucasian Shepherd Dog

Kromfohrlander

0 0 0
By morgan123433

Kromfohrlander are
intelligent, active, sensitive.
They are in the Foundation Stock Service.
GENERAL APPEARANCE: Medium size. There are two separate varieties, distinguished by coat type:
• Rough coat.
• Smooth coat.
IMPORTANT PROPORTION: The length of the body is slightly greater than the height at withers.
BEHAVIOUR / TEMPERAMENT: Adaptable, docile and high- spirited companion and house-dog, somewhat reserved about strangers, with a little hunting instinct. Aggressiveness and timidity not desired.

HEAD
CRANIAL REGION:
Skull: Slightly roundish, no frontal protuberance. Frontal furrow indicated.
Stop: Well defined.
FACIAL REGION:
Nose: Medium size, nostrils well opened, preferably black, brown permitted.
Muzzle: Length of foreface in relation to length of skull = 1 : 1. Head planes of muzzle and skull parallel. Nasal bridge straight, moderately broad. Seen in profile and from above tapering slightly to the tip of the nose.
Lips: Close fitting, not too heavy; labial corner tight, with dark pigment.
Jaws/Teeth : Jaws strong with a regular and complete scissor bite ( 42 teeth according to tooth-formula of the dog), i. e. the incisors of the upper jaw closely overlapping the lower incisors, the teeth being set square the jaws. Pincer bite permitted.
Cheeks: Strong musculature, fitting tightly from lower to upper jaw up to the cheekbone.
EYES: Medium size, oval; set slightly slanting. Dark brown, medium brown permitted.
EARS: Set on high at the side, semi-drop ear with the fold not lying above the top line of the skull, triangular shape with rounded tips, lying close to the head. Very mobile, carried depending on mood ; slight flap ear permissible.
NECK:
Profile: Rising obliquely, slightly arched nape of neck. Length: Medium length.
Shape: Strong, well muscled towards back.
Skin: Close fitting to neck, no dewlap.

BODY:
Upper line: Running straight, slightly longer than height at withers. Withers: Indicated.
Back: Strong, straight, medium-long topline.
Loin: Slightly narrower than the ribcage, well developed.
Croup: Slightly sloping, well muscled.
Chest: Moderately broad and deep; sternal line at level of elbows ; ribs lightly rounded ; forechest slightly pronounced.
Underline and belly: Tucked up towards loins.
TAIL : Not docked, medium long, strong at set-on ; sabre tail, slight ring tail permitted. Coat of tail according to type of body coat. At ease carried hanging with the tip slightly curved up ; in action carried as sickle tail over the back.
LIMBS
FOREQUARTERS:
General appearance: The position of the forelegs seen from the front is straight and vertical.
Shoulder: Well muscled; shoulder blade moderately long and sloping.
Upper arm: Angle to shoulder-blade about 110°, well muscled. Elbow: Fitting naturally to the body, neither turned in nor out. Angle about 120°.
Forearm: Slightly longer than the upper arm. Vertical to ground and strong.
Pastern joint: Well developed, but not too strong and thick.
Pastern: Relatively short, seen from front in straight continuation of the forearm; seen from side slightly sloping.
Forefeet: Lightly arched, tight toes. Nails strong; pads well developed, dark pigmented. Pale nails permitted.
HINDQUARTERS:
General appearance: Seen from rear legs straight and standing vertical to ground.
Upper thigh: Well muscled. Angle of hip joint about 100°. Lower thigh: Sinewy; forms an angle of about 105° to the upper thigh.
Hock: Similar to front pastern, but vertical to ground. Without dewclaws.
Hind feet: Similar to forefeet.
GAIT / MOVEMENT: Flowing, active, with even strides; front action reaching well forward, hind action with strong drive. Likes to jump; no pacing.
SKIN: Taut connective tissues. Pigmentation according to coat markings.
COAT
Hair:
• Rough coat: Thick, rough texture, with beard. At withers and on
back hair not longer than 7 cm. Shorter on the sides, about 3 cm. The hair on the back and the fore-and hindquarters is harsher than on the sides. Longer hair on face and muzzle. Hair on ears according to type of coat on body. Undercoat short and soft.
• Smooth coat: Thick, smooth texture, without beard. At withers and on back hair not longer than 7 cm. Shorter on sides, about 3 cm. Coat lying close to body. The hair is longer on ears, lower side of neck and on the chest. Tail with good plume. Distinct feathering at rear side of forelegs and upper thighs desirable. On face and muzzle hair short. Undercoat short and soft.
Colour:
On body: Basic colour white with light brown, tan to very dark brown markings in shape of variously large patches or saddle. With a brown undercoat the tips of hairs may be black.
On head: Light brown, tan to very dark brown markings on cheeks, above eyes and on ears ; divided as symmetrically as possible by a white blaze which reaches up to the forehead or to the nape of neck without any interruption ( symmetrical mask with blaze). Height at withers: Between 38 and 46 cm.
Weight: For males from 11 to 16 kg, for females from 9 to 14 kg.
FAULTS : Any departure from the foregoing points should be considered a fault and the seriousness with which the fault should be regarded should be in exact proportion to its degree and its effect upon the health and welfare of the dog.
SEVERE FAULTS:
• Light eyes.
• Brown markings definitely too pale.
• Black shaded patches without brown undercoat.
• Absence of markings on body.
• Distinctly uneven markings on head.
DISQUALIFYING FAULTS:
• Aggressive or overly shy dogs.
• Any dog clearly showing physical of behavioural abnormalities.
• Unbalanced temperament (aggressiveness, timidity).
• Over- or undershot mouth.
• Absence of more than two molars or more than 3 premolars.
• Blue eyes.
• Unbalanced temperament (aggressiveness, timidity).
Note: A singular missing incisor in the upper or lower jaw as well as a somewhat shorter or longer coat should not be considered an eliminating fault if the dog, in all other parts, is qualified as excellent or very good.
N.B.:
• Male animals should have two apparently normal testicles fully descended into the scrotum.
• Only functionally and clinically healthy dogs, with breed typical conformation should be used for breeding.

About the Breed:
The Kromfohrlander is a medium-sized companion breed that is sensitive, loving and loyal to its owners. He has a distinctive 'smile' and will sneeze to greet you. Pronunciation of the breed is "krome-for-lahn-dair."
The Kromfohrlander is a very intelligent, funny, agile dog which loves to climb and jump and easily excels at agility and dog-trick training but can be fussy with food. They come in two coat types: wirehaired (with beard) and smooth haired (smooth face with no beard and beautiful, long, soft hair). The breed's nickname in North America is "Kromi" (krome-ee). The Kromfohrlander was bred to be a companion only, retains very little hunting instinct (despite its terrier heritage), and is often long-lived (17-18 years old). He is good with children and family and tends to be a one-person dog. He is very attached to his owner, will not run away, and is first to alert to strangers.

History:
Many troops in World War II had a mascot animal for comfort and as a reminder of home. This was often a stray dog or cat. 'Original Peter' was a scruffy terrier mix that US Army troops found in northern France and he became their mascot, but the troops lost him when they crossed into Germany at war's end. He was found by a local attorney's wife, Ilse Schleifenbaum, and after an accidental mating with a Fox Terrier named Fifi that produced uniform puppies that all looked like their father, she decided to create the breed and name it after the beautiful, local 'crooked furrows' (krumme furche) of farmland. After 10 years of careful development, the Federation Cynologique Internationale accepted the breed in August, 1955. The Kromfohrlander is still quite rare and is primarily found in Germany and other European nations. They are so rare, even in Europe, that individuals to export have been very difficult to obtain, as most breeders there prefer to keep the healthy blood-stock in close proximity.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

214K 10.8K 90
Being flat broke is hard. To overcome these hardships sometimes take extreme measures, such as choosing to become a manager for the worst team in Blu...
Muffin By Penelope

Short Story

382K 18.2K 21
"Hey Megan, did you find those notes?" "Uh, I think you have the wrong number, Sir." One wrong number with a very sweet outcome.
209K 1.5K 54
Sa muling pagkakataon subaybayan natin si Jude sa Malibog nyang kwento.At ang nga masasaya,malulungkot at nakakaiyak nyang karanasan. This story c...
19K 456 29
"you sure your up for the ride, Princess?" "I don't really have much of a choice, do I?" "Not really sweetheart." "Will You protect me?" "With every...