you are in love ~ jordan bake...

By 629rylee1

Kennedy Johnson has always been independent. She's never needed a man in her life. Jordan Baker is lover boy... More

Jordan & Ken's Soundtrack
1. new boy in town
2. fake date?
3. crenshaw visit
4. bet.
6. ken & jj time
7. first date
8. junior homecoming
9. disappointment
10. challenge
11. you're my best friend
12. just the coach's son
13. blast to the past

5. school skipper

220 9 0
By 629rylee1

"Why am I hearing that you are going on a date with Tommy this weekend?" Jordan asks immediately when he sits down next to Kennedy in first hour.

Tommy Jacobs was a senior. He was a tight end for Beverly. He's slept around, but he's been acting pretty sweet to Kennedy. She just wanted one simple date, that's it.

Kennedy sighs putting her pen down, "probably because I am,"

"Why?"

"Maybe I want some change," Kennedy shrugs.

"Why do you want change? You're perfect how you are now," Jordan exclaims.

Kennedy tilts her head, "why are you asking so many questions? It's none of your business Jordan,"

"One it's so unlike you to just go out with any guy and two especially because it's Tommy. Ken, he's a known player," Jordan points out.

"And what are you?" Kennedy retorts, "I can handle things without you butting into everything,"

"Okay but this guy hooks up with girls that's what he considers dates, he doesn't just take them on cute little dinners," Jordan goes further.

"I'm not going to listen to your advice so just stop it, seriously," Kennedy turns back to her work.

Jordan sighs heavily worried about what could happen to his best friend. Kennedy's phone vibrates with an invitation to Spencer's birthday party at the Bakers on Saturday, "hey it's Spence's birthday today?"

"Um yeah, guess it is," Jordan mumbles.

"Okay what's up with the mumbling?" Kennedy asks starting to become nosy herself, "I thought you and him were good?"

"I think he might be my brother, Kennedy," Jordan admits quietly. Kennedy is almost unsure if she heard him right.

"Jordan," Kennedy pauses, "that's insane, why would you think that?"

"My dad and his mom used to date back in high school, and he's just got this really weird connection with him," Jordan explains.

"I think you're overthinking it," Kennedy tries assuring him, "don't be reading into it too much,"

"Kinda late for that," Jordan looks at the girl as her eyes widen more.

"What'd you do, J?"

"My dad has also been transferring money to a Crenshaw bank account for 17 years, how old is he today?" Jordan asks.

"Seventeen," Kennedy answers, "shit, Jordan that's some messed up stuff,"

"Yeah, why I needed to find Liv at the party, had to tell her," Jordan explains why he was a douche at Asher's party.

"Oh," Kennedy mumbles, "well I really hope you're wrong,"

"Trust me," Jordan starts, "me too,"

Kennedy was picked up by Tommy to go to Spencer's birthday party at the Bakers. Then they were going to get dinner or something, Kennedy didn't really know the whole plan.

"So Asher was all no please no!" JJ mocks in a high pitched tone.

"You're exaggerating a bit," Asher laughs.

"The car just kept rolling out into the street!" JJ explains to Jordan about what happened to Asher's dad's Porsche.

"That's because you forgot to put the parking brake on," Leila speaks up for her boyfriend.

"Doesn't matter, why are we talking about this? The cars fixed- move on," Asher shrugs.

"I'm surprised you even remember that JJ, you were pretty wasted," Kennedy points out.

"I always remember," JJ tells her as Tommy's arm slips around her waist as he hands her a drink. Jordan's eyes daggering at him.

"Oh thanks," Kennedy gives him a smile.

"Of course, what's going on?" Tommy asks mainly Kennedy.

"Uh just talking about all the different shit that went down at Ash's party," Kennedy informs him as he slowly drags her away from her friends.

"You wanna get outta here?" Tommy asks.

"Um we just got here, I haven't gotten a chance to talk to Spencer or Liv, but then maybe I will be," Kennedy assures.

"Okay, get on it then I want to hang out with you," Tommy unwraps his arm from her.

Kennedy found Spencer inside, "hey happy birthday!"

"Thanks Ken," Spencer gives her a hug, "are you and Tommy that serious?"

"Um no, we're just hanging out," Kennedy tells him, "but I don't think we will be, he's kinda an ass,"

"You want to prove Jordan wrong because of the whole bet thing, which I told him was wrong just letting you know," Spencer explains.

"Yeah maybe," Kennedy shrugs, "I'm just so over boys, no offense,"

"None taken," Spencer smiles.

The party started to die down so Kennedy felt that it was okay to leave Spencer's party. Her and Tommy were now at his 'private spot', so he claims. It was a long drive from town about an hour away. It was a pretty drive. Kennedy had an odd gut feeling, but she chose to ignore it.

"Are we not getting dinner then?" Kennedy asks, "I thought that was the plan,"

"Mm, not really hungry," Tommy shrugs leaning his seat back, "now come on let's do this,"

Kennedy gave him a disgusted look, "do what?"

"Come on Johnson, you know what," Tommy scoffs grabbing her thigh.

"I think we had different ideas about this, Tommy," Kennedy says pulling his hand off her thigh.

"I thoughy we were on the same page, I mean you and Baker were fuck buddies for the longest time why can't we?" He asks as Kennedy's eyes bulge out of her head.

"Jordan and I never did that," Kennedy shakes her head, "and I'm not doing it with you now,"

"Oh so you're a liar and a prude everyone knows you and Baker fuck," Tommy insults her, "what a fucking waste of my time, get out of my damn car if you don't want to do this,"

"Fine, lose my number," Kennedy scoffs getting out. It doesn't even take two seconds before he drives away leaving her alone on a pretty deserted dead end facing the sun which was quickly setting.

She didn't even hesitate to call Jordan. He picked her up almost instantly. "Hey Jordan,"

"What's wrong?" He asks hearing her tone, "aren't you with Tommy?"

Kennedy ignored his questions, "can you pick me up? I'll send you my pin,"

"Yeah, on my way," he hangs up.

Kennedy sat on a rock and waited an hour for him. She finally stood when she heard his car pull into the dead end. It was now dusk. "Ken?" He gets out hugging her as soon as she was in reach, "are you okay?"

She sighs into his chest, "I'm better now,"

Jordan walks her over to the car and now they were driving back home. "Can you tell me what happened?"

Kennedy sighs quietly, "you were right, Tommy dragged me out here to have sex, and when I told him I didn't want to be claims that you and I were fuck buddies and that I'm a liar and a prude,"

Jordan grips the steering wheel tighter trying not express to much anger, "what, ken, I'm sorry,"

"Then he told me to get out of the car if we weren't doing it so I did," Kennedy continues.

Jordan didn't know what to say. He was angry. Tommy messed with his best friend. It was his Kennedy. HIS.

"Thank you for getting me, Jordan," she speaks up after a couple minutes of silence.

"I'll always come and get you, Kennedy," he assures her.

When they reach back into their part of town, Jordan drives right past the road to Kennedy's house. "Jordan you missed my street,"

"Um no I didn't," he shakes his head, "you're staying with Liv tonight, I know you gave Rosie the weekend off,"

"I don't need a babysitter," Kennedy scoffs.

"I know, but you shouldn't be alone," Jordan tells her.

Kennedy couldn't help but smile to herself as they pulled into the Baker's driveway.

"Did you hear?" Leila asks coming up to Kennedy during passing time.

"What?" Kennedy asked clueless on what was going on.

"Jordan beat up Tommy in the locker room," Leila informs her, "are they fighting over you?"

"Something like that," Kennedy mumbles mostly to herself, "I'm gonna find him,"

She turns the corner and sees Jordan and Asher walking down the hallway. "Jordan,"

"Shit, you're in trouble." Asher nudges Jordan.

"Shut up Ash," Jordan bites back.

"Take a walk with me please, Jordan?" Kennedy asks trying to keep her temper down.

"Uh yeah," Jordan nods following after the short brunette.

Jordan gets nervous on her silence, "what do you want to talk about?"

"Um maybe how you're fighting your teammate in the locker room," Kennedy says sarcastically, "are you trying to get suspended? Or kicked off the team?"

"Relax," Jordan pushes his hand to her mouth, "let's go outside,"

"We have class in three minutes," Kennedy says.

"So let's skip a class," Jordan shrugs.

"Skip? Jordan you know I don't do that," Kennedy scoffs going to walk away before Jordan grips her arm.

"You need to give yourself a break, it's the last class today," Jordan explains, "you catch up easy anyway,"

Kennedy realizes that it doesn't really matter if she skips because it's not like her parents paid attention, "fine, you have serious explaining to do as always,"

Jordan drives them to the cafe. As they're walking in Kennedy notices the bruises on his hand, grabbing it. "Woah you really want to hold my hand, Johnson?"

"I can't believe you punched, Tommy," Kennedy shakes her head, "how are you so careless? You could've been suspended,"

"That asshole deserved it, Ken," Jordan says sitting down across from her, "after what he did,"

"Nothing even happened, Jordan,"

"He left you alone, stranded 45 minutes out of town and you think that's nothing?" Jordan shakes his head in disbelief.

"It was handled, you didn't need to do that," Kennedy informs him, "I can defend myself,"

"Well I wanted to help," Jordan defends his actions, "you don't have to do things on your own, I'm your friend,"

"I know that," Kennedy mumbles.

"I don't want any guy, especially Tommy, thinking that they can hurt you like that, treat you like an object or like shit," Jordan explains.

"Even with the whole bet," Kennedy scoffs.

"I'm sorry, Ken," Jordan apologizes, "I really am, I was drunk when it happened and-"

She cuts him off, "it's fine, I'm over it, but you can't try and beat up Tommy and say I can't let anyone hurt you like that when you hurt me Jordan,"

"I know, I hurt you," Jordan says, "I'm trying to make things better,"

"Okay," Kennedy nods, "now buy me a smoothie,"

Jordan gives her a look. "Okay you guilt me into skipping school and you aren't going to get me a smoothie with your daddy's money?"

Jordan rolls his eyes at her sass getting up to get her a smoothie.

Liked by jordan.baker and 7.9k others

ken.johnson: skipped last hour and got a smoothie
- thanks coach baker 😘

tagged: jordan.baker

829 comments

jordan.baker: you're welcome.
-> ken.johnson: um cool.

leila.keating: you are such an icon, Kennedy 😭
-> ken.johnson: love u miss keating 😘😘

jj.parker: okay ken skipped school and no one invited me?!?
-> ken.johnson: maybe we didn't want u there
   -> jordan.baker: I second ken
      -> jj.parker: OH. it was a date, I see u 2👀

Load more....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.4K 90 29
Donnie, Danny, Joey, Jordan and Jonathan(: I do not consent to my imagines being stolen from me, these are written specifically by me, don't steal my...
10K 229 21
maverick meets carli, Dani's bestfriend. maverick ends up catching feeling for carli and she returns those feelings. maverick has a past of cheating...
781K 9.5K 46
Sequel to I Want Mr Baker! After hiding their relationship for a year, Riley Spence and Caleb Baker finally have the perfect relationship. They have...
16K 872 28
Two college students from two different sides of the country, Olivia Baker and Spencer James meet in the most unlikely way, which makes their budding...