greek tragedy, 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐞 �...

By sadessinks

[ description ] ⤷ For as long as they could remember, Brooke and Ryland had hated each other to the v... More

GREEK TRAGEDY
P L A Y L I S T
A R T G A L L E R Y
E P I G R A P H
A C T I ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
i. pretty, pretty petty
ii. the big game
iii. welcome to my world
iv. at the rivercourt
v. nightingale
vi. girls, girls, boys
vii. it lights my fire
viii. it lights my fire, part 2
ix. still into you
x. every little step
A C T II ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
xi. laughter is for the weak
xiii. double dog dare ya
xiv. double dog dare ya, part 2
xv. space is just a word
xvi. what would brooke do?
xvii. shock after shock
xviii. im flattered but -

xii. mood swings

360 26 0
By sadessinks

GREEK TRAGEDY
:: xii. | mood swings

Ryland walked into school with Jake by her side. The two were headed in the direction of Jake's locker. As the two continued down the hall, someone shoved between them without saying anything.

Ryland scoffed, "Uh, excuse you."

The guy turned around and a smirk grew across his lips, "Didn't see you there, cutie." He turned back on his heels and continued his way.

Jake would be lying if he said he didn't feel a bit jealous. He knew the guy was just messing around, but it still annoyed him. Ryland noticed that Jake was somewhere else in his mind. She grabbed his hand and lightly smiled at him. With that, the two continued their way to Jake's locker.

Soon after that, the two separated. He went to basketball practice and she was headed to the rooftop. Smart, intuitive —— she just felt like skipping first period that day. She walked up all those stairs to be alone on the roof, only to find one of her good friends up there already.

Haley was sitting down on one of the benches with her acoustic guitar in hand. As soon as Ryland left the door behind, it slammed shut behind her. Haley abruptly turned around, connecting eyes with her friend.

"Sorry." Ryland quietly spoke, "I forgot how loud that is." She made her way over and sat next to Haley, "What you working on?"

"Just a little something." Haley was always a little secretive with her music, "However, I am surprised you're not in class."

"We all have our rebellious side, my friend."

Just before Haley could say anything back, commotion was heard outside in the lunch yard. Haley placed her guitar down and just like Ryland, she looked over the edge of the roof.

The two saw a crowd forming and two dudes yelling at each other in the middle. Soon enough, the two realized it was Lucas and Chad.

• • •

Lucas pushed chad back aggressively, "Calm down, Chad."

Chad approached him again. He spoke so quietly, "Look me in the eye and tell me nothing's going on between you and Peyton."

However, even though he spoke so lowly, it was still loud enough for some to hear. Haley and Ryland definitely heard and the two definitely had their thoughts about that.

"I swear." Lucas finished.

"Yeah." Chad nodded as he backed away, "If i find out differently —— " He just looked at Lucas, not even sure if he should finish that sentence. He just turned on his heels and headed back in the school.

Ryland went and followed him as Haley went to talk to Lucas. None of them would accuse someone of doing this, unless there was something to be accused of. Since it's Lucas and Peyton, anything could happen.

In a split second, Ryland chose not to go after Chad anymore. She had an idea and that was to talk to Brooke. She's so close to Peyton, so maybe she might know something if there is something to know.

But for Ashely's sake, Ryland sure hope there wasn't.

She never thought in a million years that she would willing go looking for Brooke for information. But then again, there's always a first.

Ryland walked around the school for about ten minutes before finally heading to the gym. She figured that would be the place where Brooke could be because she's a cheerleader. And as a result, the blonde was right.

She walked through those doors and immediately saw Brooke talking to her team. It didn't take long for her to catch some eyes like Jake, Bevin, Nathan —— because the basketball team was there too.

Ryland just ignored all the looks and headed straight for Brooke. As soon as she approached the brunette, she lightly tapped her shoulder from closely behind.

Brooke quickly turned around and a light scoff left her lips as her arms crossed over her chest.

A smug smile spread across her lips, "Always knew this day would come."

"Shove it. I need to talk to you." Ryland wasn't into the jokes this time.

Brooke stood there for a moment, thinking of what her next words would be. She considered since her and Ryland aren't technically friends and they don't ever come to one another unless it involves Ashely, she took it.

"Fine." Brooke mentioned to her team that she'll be back and they should continue to practice. She followed Ryland to the hallway where they could talk in private, "What?"

"Is anything going on between Peyton and Lucas?" Ryland got straight to the point.

She hesitated but answered, "No."

Ryland saw right through it, but she wasn't sure to believe her or not, "Deep down i know you're a good person —— maybe. I know you wouldn't do anything to hurt Ashely and if you were in her shoes, wouldn't you want to know if your friend was shacking up with your boyfriend?" Ryland continued, "All im saying is if it's true and you didn't say anything, we both know you and Ashely would be done."

"Is that a threat?" Brooke whispered.

"No. But unlike you, i protect my friends."

Brooke bit the inside of her cheek, "Well maybe not telling them is better that way because then they won't be hurt."

"Whatever, Brooke."

Ryland turned around and headed the other direction as Brooke went back into the gym.

Brooke herself didn't explicitly know anything, but she was good at picking things up. As far as she knew, something was definitely going on between her best friend and Lucas —— she just didn't want to be the one to say anything and maybe get it wrong.

Because accusing someone could put a lot of people in trouble and because of that, she had to do what she thought was best to protect those she cared for. By not saying anything.

That's the kind of friend she was.

But then again, not saying anything could also cost a lot.

The burnette teen had a lot to think about and get to the bottom of . . .

a/n:
next chapter is going to be
nuts 🤯

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

913K 21K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
311K 4.9K 25
i am bored and this is my favorite ship. I dont do lemons but ill try to do it. Also these charters are not mine they belong to the creator not my ug...
1.3M 56.9K 103
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
174K 6K 42
two influencers falling in and out of love because of some boys and a homophobic mother. a charli d'amelio fic (GXG) HIGHEST RANKS #1 on dixie tag 9...