The Prestige Club (TPC)# 2: I...

De Beyondtheclosedeyes

"I am fine" - said everyone who is not fine at all Ehan Usman is a world-renowned trauma surgeon. Why he cho... Mais

Preface
Characters Inspiration
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
Book three

Epilogue

80 9 1
De Beyondtheclosedeyes

A year had passed.

To their wedding. To their love.

Life was changing everyday and they were adapting to these changes.

She was more social now. Especially cause she has a social media best friend. Yes, she finally made a friend that is not her husband. Though she had reassured her husband he will forever remain her best friend number one.

"So you want to make an Instagram because there is a girl in your hospital who takes pictures of your husband without showing his face and claim he is her man?" Aaira said, "You know if you say this bothers you to your husband or your uncle they will have the lady out faster?"

She huffed, looking at the food in her plate that she didn't have any appetite to eat, "Its just she is always boosting about how everyone thinks they look amazing. Their picture are not even together!"

"Fine fine. No need to worry". Aaira said as she takes her phone assisting her in creating her profile, "Now. Since today is also your anniversary I will post yours and your husband pictures on my feed to congratulate and tag you in it so everyone is aware of you. Ok? But you should know that there will be lot of hate coming your way".

She bites her lips, shrugging, "I have always have hate in my life. It doesn't bother me now".

Aaira nodded, looking through her gallery and once she confirmed she can post the picture online - her phone started beeping like crazy. She gasped looking at the following number increasing by the minute.

"Woah". She said amazed, "I didn't even post anything yet".

"Thats social media for you". Aaira said, "Post some pictures with your husband".

Before she could do that she heard the tone of her husband's message. Apparently, her husband had set a different tone for himself so she knows when it is him trying to reach her. This was something he started doing after they got together. He would constantly crave her attention and texts her to know what she is doing or where she is at.

She looks through her gallery to million of pictures her husband takes of them. He had some in their home on the wall. She was surprised when he had showed her the gift he had prepared for her. The cabin where she can rest and read had melt her heart yet again.

There were time where she still try to learn to navigate her emotions properly. But she was doing better.

She posted a picture from their Henna function and smiles remembering that day. She had no idea he could do Henna and no one else know about it either because everyone was shocked.

He did a good job too. Now, he does her Henna whenever he wants to practice more or whenever she wants to have Henna on her hands.

She heard her phone ringing and immediately she recognize the tone. She said goodbye to Aaira before running out to her car. She knows it's an emergency call from the hospital and they usually call her when it is urgent.

She send a quick message to her husband about the change in plan. Once she arrives in the hospital she quickly changes into the hospital gown before meeting her peer who explains the case to her that causes her heart to shudder.

"She is an eight years old girl who was found this morning". Her peer said, "She was locked in a room, no proper food or care was given. Severely abused and she needs a surgery for some internal bleeding".

"What are we waiting for?" She asked as she tries to control her shaking hands, "Did we not get a child support team approval?"

"Her parents were murdered five years ago and no one found her".

Her breathing stopped.

"No one knew about her?"

"No. She wasn't even supposed to be in this part of the country. Her case was closed".

She closes her eyes taking a deep breath as she enters the room the child is in. Her breathing hitched when she found the child lying on the bed barely alive. She was skin to bone with no area of her body unharmed. She imagine the time she used to be locked away from the world and the pain she had to go through to see the world again. Her heart clenched as she starts to realized that this world will rip this child apart even after everything she had gone through.

Hence, she will do everything to protect her.

"What's her name?"

"Imaan Haider".

She nodded dialing Kabir's number to get to work and start the surgery to protect Imaan.

It didn't take much longer for her to start the surgery after the phone call. Kabir didn't ask her much details about why she has the request. But she knows he already knows everything that she might have said to him. According to the news, Imaan's father was arrested this morning. Fortunately, people had doubts that something was wrong when he kept buying same kind of painkiller and bandages from the local pharmacy. Everyone saw the pattern and soon reported him.

They didn't suspect a child - a woman or a person maybe. They were all equally shocked when they saw the body of a child who didn't look alive being carried through the doors.

They were right.

Because Imaan was barely alive and if she had been kept for a few more hours for social services she would have died.

Kabir had called and informed her husband as per her instructors. As much as she wants to explain the details to him, she had to start the surgery. She knows her husband will understand her need to save Imaan. The hesitation and fear that she still holds within was replaced by determination to throw such fears out and be a better person for those who are suffering almost the similar faith.

It took some hours before he saw her. She looks exhausted when she walked out of the room after the surgery. She falls against him almost as soon as she found him outside the room.

"Is she ok?" He asked wrapping his arms around her

"She will be". His wife said sighing as she raise her head to look at him, "We have to make sure she is ok, Ehan".

He nodded. He place a hand on her cheek kissing her forehead, "We will be there for her".

He meant it. He hadn't seen Imaan yet. His wife eyes told him that what he heard wasn't exactly how he imagined Imaan to look like. After he had made sure his wife was resting (sleeping) in their office. He had taken over the shift for her. He knows how mentally draining it was for her. He was so proud of her. She had come so far and he loves her more for that.

It wasn't an easy year. They had to learn to let go of their past and unlearn the things that were not good for them. They were still learning together how to build a better and happier home. It took efforts from both sides. Some days were worst than others. But they managed to pull through.

He enters the room where Imaan was kept and he felt his world shift when his eyes fell on her. He had been around kids all his life. He had seen all sorts of kids if possible. Imaan was different. He felt the shift in energy almost instantly. He felt the shift in him too. He took few steps towards the child feeling a wave of anger with strange need of protectiveness courses through him.

By nature, he had been mad protective of his family. He had always made sure they were never in the way of harm. But, what he feels right now was much more.

He wanted to kill her father (which he will) for hurting her. He wanted to hurt people. That was new to him. He always leaves dirty work to his family. He never involves himself. Yet, he wants to do it for her.

He understands now why his wife was affected in such strange way. While he wants to protect her, his wife wants to do the same. He knows that this little girl was going to become their world soon.

His words were true.

After four days, Imaan was able to gain full conscious. Ehan and his wife made sure that very few people interact and see Imaan. Especially the social/child services were removed from her case. She didn't need the pressure of strange people asking her questions and getting her to move past her trauma to find a new home. Imaan needs rest and comfort.

Once Imaan had gained consciousness his wife stayed by her side. Since Imaan never had a female presence in her life she had no idea how to act. His wife knew exactly what to do.

Ziva had never spoken so much in her life. She had talked little Imaan ears off. Imaan didn't seem to mind as she curiously looks at her. She imagine that Imaan vocabulary was limited and her sentences were barely there. Since she never had access to proper communication or education - she didn't say anything besides words.  Those words were also never questions and she imagine because Imaan wasn't allowed to ask questions.

Ziva's family was dealing directly with Imaan's father and all legal work. For now, she was the foster mother for Imaan. She likes it. She didn't say it to anyone but she likes the title a little too much. Her husband had only been in the room when Imaan was sleeping to not cause any triggers.

She had never seen his eyes soften the way they did when it falls on Imaan. He melts as soon as she is in front of him.

She had introduced her family (pictures) to Imaan and she seems to take it all of them with wide eyes. Possibly because there were so many people. Slowly, the ladies started to show up to meet her and she was taken back at how well Imaan adapt to the ladies. She seems too curious and cautious at the same time. The ladies brought her books to read and children shows to watch. After some difficulties, Imaan started to enjoy them. Her favorite character being SpongeBob.

She had just finish her shift and changed into different clothes to enter Imaan's room. She halted outside the room when she heard laughter and giggles from inside. She opens the door a little and found a SpongeBob costume figure standing in front of Imaan. At first she panicked at random stranger being there and only realized it is her husband when she saw his phone and ID on the bed. That day she fell more in love with him.

They both know that Imaan is family now and they will officially adopt her after she is discharged.  They had a therapist for Imaan. And they worked together to build a room for Imaan with all her favorites. She wasn't introduced to the men yet.  However, she was already spoiled by everyone. Their home was filled with gifts and things. Everyone assisted in creating Imaan's room.

After a few days, she officially introduced Ehan to Imaan. At first she was cautious and hesitant. But after a couple more days she manage to open up to him. She saw the anger in his eyes the first day he met her at how scared she looks of men. But, children were easy to teach and faster to learn.

Imaan was officially a part of their family. She was their daughter and the first ever grandchild of their family.

"Do you think we did good?" Her husband asked as they lay side by side

She cuddle into him, "Yes. I have never been more sure of anything in my life".

He kissed her forehead, "I love you".

She smiles, "I love you more".

That was them.

Ziva and Ehan.

The end.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

151K 6.7K 41
"So you approached me without being aware of my identity?" He asks me, while raising an eyebrow. To say I was shocked would be an understatement. It...
142K 5.7K 51
HIGHEST RANKING-1st in wedding! {23/05/18} & 1st in Laugh! {11/08/18} 13th in Romance! {03/12/18} Sequel to Mr Hulk's Jelly Bunny->Can be read as a...
30.6K 1K 33
Angel feels like dead weight on everyone's shoulders, useless waste of time for everyone else, yet for some reason they still cared about him. Angel...
745K 24.2K 52
Zoya Anwar an innocent Muslim girl. She is hardworking, always smiling, and is always ready to help others. Men were all over her whenever someone sa...