źœ±į“˜Ź€ÉŖÉ“É¢ Ź€į“€ÉŖÉ“ į“›į“ į“Ź į“…Ź€į“į“œÉ¢Źœį“› āœ§ Źœ...

By StrayJeans

š–  š—Œš—š—ˆš—‹š—’ š—ˆš–æ š—š—š—ˆ š–»š–¾š—Œš— š–暝—‹š—‚š–¾š—‡š–½š—Œ š—š—š–¾š—‹š–¾ š—ˆš—‡š–¾ š—ˆš–æ š—š—š–¾š—† š—Œš–¾š–¼š—‹š–¾š—š—…š—’ š–暝–ŗš—…š—…š—‚... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53/Epilogue
News: A New Book?

Chapter 46

350 12 13
By StrayJeans

You're now in your room as you're finishing up the last of your never ending reports you needed to finish for your course faculty before you're going back home. As you're printing up the reports, your door was swung opened and entered was the love of your life. "What are you doing~" Hanni greeted you as she's closing the door before getting over to you.

"Just printing out some of the reports and final essays" You answered her as you're by your chair, organizing stacks of papers before her arms were safely wrapped around your neck from behind then she went over and gave your cheek a kiss. "Seems like a lot of work. Need any help?" She asked as you just shook your head. "You being here is enough help already." Hearing that made Hanni smiled before giving your cheek another kiss.

"I just need to finish these parts today because Danielle's coming over to pick them up..." And hearing that suddenly made Hanni gasped. "You okay?" You looked over to her in worries as she had her palm covering her mouth. "I totally forgot that Danielle's also in the exchange programme... I didn't event tell her that I'm coming over here before..."

"I thought it was something serious..." You heaved out a sigh in relief. "...I mean she didn't tell you that she also studies here so why not use this chance to surprise her?" You suggested and the look of approval on Hanni's face was visible. "You're right~ I bet she'll be surprise to see me later..." Hanni just chuckled as she went over and comfortably got on your bed.

"When will she be coming over?" Hanni asked as she's on her phone. "About an hour or two maybe." You answered her as Hanni immediately went over to her chats with Danielle. The two haven't texted each other for a while so Hanni immediately wrote. "Dani~ How are you? It's been a while since we last talk. Everything okay in Australia?"

"I just texted her asking how is she... Why am I getting all excited, gosh..." Hanni just laughed at herself for being too excited and you just chuckled with her as you're finishing up your work. "Oh she replied, she replied~" Hanni then checked Danielle's reply...

"Hanni~~ I've been great, thanks for asking~ I know right, it's been a while since we last texted each other. I've been great here in Australia, everything's going well with my studies as well. Actually I'm going over to meet Yongjae later to get some reports papers and also from the other students as well... I'll send you a picture of him later on okay?" Hanni read out Danielle's reply and she just smiled after reading it. "She really is a sunshine isn't she?" Hanni also could see what type of person Danielle is now that she got to know her better.

"Yeah. She is. Everyone in my course really enjoys being friends with her." You agreed with Hanni as you turned around facing her. "And I will be forever grateful to her because she's one of the few people who didn't give up on you and me. The amount of times she's there, consoling me and giving me advice throughout those first few months, I will never forget what she did for us."

"She must have her own story right? If only she's willing to tell me her story, I would love to hear it someday..." Hanni's smile was genuine as the thankful feeling she had in her heart for Danielle. Eventually an hour passed by as the reports and essay were done.

While you and Hanni were laying down, getting some rest, your phone suddenly buzzed and you looked over at the screen. "She's here." You told Hanni who slowly sat up. "Is she outside?" Hanni took a peek by the curtain and yes, Danielle's outside, standing by the front gate. "She's by the gate..."

"I get down first and while we're talking later, you surprise her. Sounds like a plan?" You held out your hand at Hanni as she just chuckled before shook her hand with yours. "Sounds like a plan." She agreed before you gave her forehead a kiss then went over with the papers and got downstairs.

Hanni followed behind as eventually, you went out first while she's waiting by the door. She's watching carefully from the small windows by the side of the door, just waiting for the perfect opportunity and when she noticed Danielle were busy reading out the papers on her hands while you're somehow blocking her front view, the opportunity's now.

Carefully you got out the front door before you tiptoe-ing your way to your behind. "I mean Yuna's report is not that bad to be honest but when comparing it with yours, it's kind of you know..." Danielle's chuckling slightly as her eyes remained on the papers.

"Everything okay here~" Hanni then interrupted you and Danielle as she showed only her face from behind you and Danielle who immediately noticed Hanni, instantly gasping in surprise to see Hanni. "What are you doing here Hanni~" Not even care for the report at the moment, Danielle immediately went over and shared a hug filled with squeals of excitements with Hanni.

"I guess we're even now~ I've been here about a week already. Actually, I came here as a surprise for Yongjae as well." Hanni explained as Danielle nodded before hugging her friend again. "I'm so happy to see you here~ Now I can finally rest assured now that you're here with Yongjae."

"And I couldn't have done it without your help. Thank you Dani..." Hanni patted Danielle's back as she nodded. "Now that I know you're here, we have to hang out somewhere in the next coming days."

"I am down for it. Just tell me when and we'll hang out." Hanni gave her friend a smile as she nodded in agreement.

"Your hair's getting longer~" Hanni's running her fingers through your hair from behind as you're just snickering while you're sitting down and reading an online book from your laptop. "Want me to cut it? I can cut it back home in a few days." You asked while your fingers remained typing.

"I want to see you have longer hair actually..." She wrapped her arms around your neck from behind as she rested her chin on the top of your head. "...I think you'll look great with long hair as well. You always cut your hair every time I said that your hair's getting longer ever since high school."

"Well I thought that having short hair is one of your ideal traits you're looking for in a guy so..." Your answer made her chuckled as she gave you head a soft smooch. "I don't mind with both to be honest. But now that you're mine then I don't have to hide anything that I would find great on you."

"You think I'll look good with long hair?" You asked as her cheek suddenly rested on yours. "I don't see why you wouldn't. I bet you'll look great." She gave you her answer as you gave her a nod. "Okay, I'll grow my hair then. For you." You looked over to her as she gave you her usual bright smile before she pecked your lips.

"You sure you're not coming with us?" Hanni asked as you smile at her. "I wanted to but I have to take Minji out to the café as she wanted to talk to me and I kind of want to spend tonight with Yongbok because you know, we're leaving here in two days..."

"I understand baby. Me and Danielle's probably going to be home by night if you're okay with it." She asked for your permission as it somehow fluttered you a little bit before nodding your head. "You two have a great time. Do call me if anything happens okay?"

"I will. I got to go change now, she'll be here soon..." Hanni glanced over at her watch before surprising you with a deep kiss. "God I love you so much." She then gave your cheeks a few pinches. "...don't stare at your laptop for too long boo~" She reminded you as she's getting to the door.

"Yes madam." You replied with your tone sounded very compliant, made her laugh as she exited your room. After Hanni exited your room, you gave Minji a call before she immediately answered. "Yello~" Her voice echoed in your ears. "You're ready to go to the café?" You asked as you heard a few rustling noises in the background. "You okay?" You asked. "Yup. What do you know... I asked you to come with me and I forgot. Give me five minutes, maybe ten okay~ Sorry..." Immediately she hung up her phone before you let out a light sigh.

"Kim Minji..." You made 'tch' sounds before you went back to the online book on your laptop.

"I guess I can count this as a way of you paying me back for that trip back in Jeju?" Minji asked as the two of you were on your way to a local café you always go to as you wanted to treat Minji after everything that she had done for you and Hanni. Also Minji said she wanted to discuss something with you so there's no better time than now.

"What do you mea- Oh... you mean that night in Jeju... and you with your makeup ruined- Yup I remember. You could say that this is my repayment to you." You and Minji then shared a laugh before you arrived by your destination and the coffee aroma immediately enveloped the two of you.

"I always love the smell of coffee shop..." Minji whispered to herself. "What would you like to get?" You asked her after getting to the counter. "Do you mind if I get a vanilla latte and a caramel latte?" Minji asked with an innocent smile as you just chuckled. "Alright you can."

After getting your drinks sorted out and found yourselves a table to sit on, Minji certainly enjoyed the first few sips of her drinks. "This is nice..." She heaved out in relaxation as she leaned back against her seat. "...having coffee while having your vacation and away from your daily job..."

"I'm sorry that I didn't get to spend more times with you these past weeks." You said as she just shook her head to your apology. "No need for apology. You don't know how happy I am to finally see two of my precious friends now happily together. Just like Yongbok and Haerin. But with you and Hanni, I felt a bit happier..."

"...because unlike Yongbok and Haerin, you and Hanni walked through a roughed up road just for you to be together now." Minji's response made you smile lightly. "That's because you and many others had stayed by our backs. I couldn't thank you enough Minji, for everything that you had done for us."

"You've been there when I was vulnerable and in mess and you stayed behind just so you could help me get out of my past and find my closure. I'm just returning you a favour. That's what us friends are for right?" You just nodded at Minji's response.

"You're absolutely right. So what is it you wanted to talk to me about?" You asked her after taking a sip of your drink and instantly you could see the hesitation and restlessness in her face. "You okay?" You asked as you're worried about her but she just gave you a smile before nodding her head.

"I'm okay... it's just... I need to hear your opinion on this. I don't know who else I can talk to and I don't think my brother would want to hear this as well..." Minji played with the hem of her shirt after a silent sigh. "Okay, let me hear it." You replied her calmly.

"It's umm... It's about Yang Jeongin..." You were quite surprised to hear the familiar name again coming from Minji's mouth. "Oh... what happened to him?" You asked calmly as she shook her head. "Nothing bad actually. But I don't want to hide anything, me and Jeongin's been talking to each other again since last month..."

"...and to my surprise, I was actually happy that we're back communicating with each other after all those years being apart. Is it..." Minji bit her lower lip in hesitation. "...is it wrong for me to talk to him again?"

"You're feeling guilty for yourself didn't you?" Minji immediately nodded to your question. "For me, I don't think that it's a bad thing if it actually makes you feel happier for yourself. You and him are on good terms already right ever since that night?"

"We are and even I could see how he's enjoying his life living abroad but here's the thing Yongjae..." You then listened carefully as Minji breathed out a long one. "...Jeongin's going to come back to Korea during the winter holidays and he asked me if I would like to go out and have lunch or dinner with him sometimes..."

"I see..." You finally realized the situation of Minji's restlessness. "...you're not sure what to answer him. But can I ask you one thing?" You leaned your body closer to her as she nodded. "Do you still care for him?"

"Can I answer you with a different one? The whole month since I started talking back with him... I felt like I'm back to being me a few years back but the difference this time... I felt like I'm back to being my younger self but still being able to accept my story and just being happy for myself once in a while." Minji had to lie because deep in her heart, she's still indecisive on what to actually feel about the whole thing... Her heart's still in the mess of decision making.

"Then accept it. Accepting it doesn't mean that you're trying to win him back into your life but you're accepting him as he's that part of your story that would leave a huge void in your heart if you somehow trying to remove it. Am I right?" You gave her a smile of comfort as Minji took those words deep into her before exhaling in relief.

"As always Lee Yongjae. You give the best advice. Thank you." You could see the relief in her eyes as you nodded. "You're welcome. Now you just have to convince Mingyu hyung about it." Then Minji just whined to herself quietly. "I hope Mingyu oppa is in a good mood nowadays..."

Ever since Hanni and Danielle exchanged numbers, the two had been texting and talking to each other more frequently and surprisingly the two ladies have more in common than the two had expected. The two somehow shared a fairly great sense in fashions, even greater interests in delicious foods.

Even though Hanni and Danielle's now getting closer with each other, Hanni couldn't help but feeling guilty with the fact that she used to feel jealousness towards Danielle who sometimes being with you ever since the start of their university life.

Now that Hanni had a chance to finally spend some quality times with Danielle, she will let Danielle know about it and hopefully they'll grow closer by the end of the day. As soon as Danielle came to pick Hanni up from Yongbok's house, the two then got an uber to take them to Danielle's favourite parts of the town.

"I'm so glad we decided to wear blue today." Danielle pointing out the way their outfits somehow matched closely in terms of the color blue itself and it made Hanni snickered by how she's right. "You won't believe how many blue clothes I have in my closet back home..." Hanni then pictured her closet in her mind that's filled with 'blue'.

"So now that we're in town on this sunny day. Where do you want to take me?" Hanni asked as Danielle humming to herself as she's thinking. "I mean we can have lunch but it's still quiet early now. To be honest, I kind of want to go to the salon now..."

"You're cutting your hair?" Hanni exclaimed in excitement as Danielle's shaking her head with a chuckle. "I just want to straighten my hair and probably have it trimmed a little bit." Danielle answered and Hanni just let out a light squeal while holding onto her friend's arm. "Then let's go~ I want to see how you would look like with straight hair. I'm sure you'll look amazing!"

Not long after that, the two ladies now found themselves at a salon, Danielle's safely seated by the saloon chair while Hanni's waiting beside her by the couch while holding onto Danielle's bag. After some moments, Hanni stood up and got over to Danielle while her hair's now halfway done.

"How do I look?" Danielle asked with a shy chuckle as Hanni's loving the way Danielle's pulling off the straight hairstyle. "Dani you look gorgeous girl, I swear." Hanni whispered to her friend with excitement. "Thanks." Danielle felt grateful as Hanni just nodded her head. "It might seem crazy what I'm about to say but how do you feel about bleaching your hair as well..."

"Maybe save that for another time Hanni..." Danielle and Hanni shared a laugh and as time went on, Danielle's done with her hair and was satisfied with the final product. After taking a few photos of Danielle for her, Hanni then got her eyes on a souvenir shop just a few shops next to the salon. "Can we go to the souvenir shop first Dani?"

"You want to go there?" Danielle glanced over to the mentioned shop. "...sure, let's go." In the end the two ladies got themselves into the shop and Hanni's enjoying her time, looking through some of the souvenirs being displayed before a certain ones caught her eyes.

"Dani-ya look at how cute this knitted animals are..." Hanni found herselves looking at a tiny animals plush knitted cutely. "There are cute~" As usual Danielle's had the same reaction as Hanni. "Wait wait wait, I think I know what animal suits you..." Hanni scanning through the plush and eventually found what she looked for.

"A tortoise~" Hanni grabbed onto it as Danielle gave her a soft laugh. "You sure it's not a puppy or something else? But hey, tortoise works just fine and I think that's really cute." Danielle held onto it before Hanni grabbed a bear and a frog after that. "Minji's a bear and Haerin's a frog who think she's a cat..." Hanni chuckled to herself before she then took the tortoise back from Danielle.

"Okay I got all I need, I'll be right back and you can have your tortoise~" Hanni went over and purchased the knitted animals before the tortoise went back to it's intended owner, Danielle. "Thanks for the tortoise. I'll call it Jerry from now on."

"That's so Danielle Marsh I have to say..." Hanni and Danielle made their way out before proceeded in getting a late lunch and spend hours and hours talking with each other and took this chance to get to know each other more.

And soon after that, a trip to the cinema covered up their afternoon all the way until the sun's setting down. And to finish off their lady's day out, Hanni and Danielle finishing it off with cups of coffee by a café. "I can't thank you enough for spending the day with me Hanni."

"Pleasure's all mine. You're fun to be with I have to be honest." Hanni's claim made Danielle snicker softly. "You're so fun to hang out with too. You have no idea how long I've been waiting for this day to happen."

"Yeah about that..." Hanni's whisper made Danielle glance over to her. "...I want to properly say sorry to you Dani. I've been keeping this in me for so long..."

"Why are you apologizing for..." Danielle placed her palm on top of Hanni's hand as worries shadowed her face. "No... don't tell me this is abou-"

"Yes. It's about me being jealous of you and Yongjae back in the past. I know that we talked about this before back in the hall but somehow that time my mind's a real mess and I couldn't even think properly and I felt like..." Hanni heaved out silently. "...I felt like my apology that time wasn't a sincere one and now I have the chance to come out clean. So forgive me Danielle. You're a great caring friend and I've seen that today."

"Apology accepted..." Danielle chuckled slightly. "...again. And I also think that my friendliness was a bit too much despite it's just a part of me that always try to be a caring person to the people around me. It wasn't for attention or to show to people that I'm better but it's just..."

"But that's just who I am... or that's just the person who I strive myself to become..." Hanni noticed the sudden change of expression in Danielle's face as she's patting her hand to comfort her. "...because I promised my late boyfriend on his deathbed that I'll keep on being this bright person and always try to do my best for myself and for everyone around me." And at that point, Hanni was a bit surprised but somehow she knew that Danielle just opened up to her and Hanni's starting to see the bigger picture.

"I'm so sorry for your loss..." Hanni somehow felt the slight pain that she's sure not even weighed up to the pain that Danielle had experience. "Thank you. But please don't tell Yongjae about this. This is something that I want to keep to myself and the only reason that I'm telling you this is because, the moment I saw how close you were with Yongjae the first time I saw you two by the cafeteria... you two reminded me of what I used to have with him before..."

"...And when I found out that Yongjae and you were going through rough patches before, I was somehow hurt just by seeing you and him growing away from each other. That's why I tried everything I could to bring you two together again and I'm sure I'm not the only that's trying to do that but... it's nice to help a friend once in a while you know." Danielle poured out the truth to Hanni and it made Hanni felt in ease and calm.

"Alright that decides it... You've officially become one of my many besties for life at this moment in time." Hanni held out her hand at Hanni and Danielle who just snickering while feeling flustered could only shook hands with Hanni rather playfully. "...I don't have many best friends in my life but once you're one of them, I will cherish you and care for you. Whenever you're in a pinch or in trouble, just know that you can come to me for help and I won't even hesitate to say yes."

"You're making me cry..." Danielle's eyes were indeed getting a bit teary as she's fanning up her face with her hands before Hanni had her friend in her arms, pulling her to her for a hug, making Danielle squealed and laughed lightly. "...I'm thankful that it turns out like this between us. The moment I saw you and Yongjae together, I could see how much of a fun person you seem to be and I'm happy that I was right."

"I really need to get you into the gang. I'm sure they'll be buzzing to have you in our group. Especially Minji, oh she loves it when the group's expanding, even more with a person as bright as you Dani." Hanni chuckled as Danielle's cheeks were hinted with redness as she's chuckling. "You sure I would fit right in?" Hanni immediately nodded at Danielle. "Oh don't worry, we already have an ice-cream shop owner, a man who's into modelling, an introvert yet unpredictable girl and then there's me and Yongjae, a great poet and a novice poet" Hanni proudly 'introduced' Danielle the members of their group. 

"And with you added into the lineup, our group will finally have the mood maker, the sunshine and the peacemaker... Sounds about right..." Hanni just chuckled to herself before Danielle's smile was warm as she nodded. "Alright... you tempted me and I will not refuse such grand offer. Maybe you can introduce me to the rest of your group when we're back home soon." Danielle accepted Hanni's offer. "Oh don't worry, you'll love my friend's ice cream shop. It's where we always goes to."

"Can't wait to be there..." After that, both Hanni and Danielle prepared to go home and before that, the two had to take a photo together to commemorate the start of their official friendship that hopefully blossoms into the same precious friendship she has with the rest of her friends. "Thank you so much for today Hanni. I'll surely cherish this new friendship between us and I am so glad that you and I get to be besties and to do that here in Australia... It's something that I will never ever forget..."

At the end of the day, you safely got back to Yongbok's house as Danielle too got safely back to her place. As Hanni went upstairs, she immediately went over to your room as you're laying down on your bed while on your phone.

"Oh, you're back~" You greeted her as she gave you a wave and tiredness was visible on her face as she instantly went over onto your bed, got inside the warm blanket and laid down next to you. "How's your day with Danielle?" You asked her as she wrapped her arms around your torso while you gave the side of her head a kiss.

"It was great. She's super fun to be with and the more I'm hanging out with her... the more I realized that we shares a lot of common things. We love talking about random stuffs, we love food hunting and she's a literal ball of sunshine..." Hanni making herself comfortable before burying her nose on your shoulder. "Hmmm did you just take a shower? You smell good~"

"Yeah, that sounds like Danielle Marsh alright..." You nodded your head before snickering at the way she's inhaling your scent. "... and yes, I took a shower not too long ago." You gave her cheek a soft pinch before you hugged her closer into your embrace as Hanni safely resting her head on your chest. "I'm sorry that I used to feel jealous whenever I saw you and Danielle together in the past. I guess even before we're dating now, the thought of you getting farther away from my life somehow frightened me..."

You remained silent but your hand was caressing her cheek and Hanni immediately pressed her cheek against your warm palm before her eyes landed on yours and upon seeing your soft smile, no words were needed as your smile was reassuring enough for her to know that...

...when two people are in love, you can see it in their eyes, you can feel the love. The way they look at each other, how they stare calmly into each other soul yet a fiery flames of deep emotional connection was burning in those eyes. The way their eyes are full of admiration, full of undying love they have for each other in the way their eyes are smiling towards one another. Even though they didn't say a word about it, there's this invisible thread, so strong and unbreakable, a bond, a connection that's connecting the two souls onto one another...

"I can't wait to be back home with you and experience life together..." With her eyes closed, arms safely wrapped around you, Hanni curved a light smile upon feeling your soft lips planted a kiss on her forehead, a simple action yet felt a hundred times better than any grand things that one my give to the other. "...I can't wait to walk at the park while we are holding hands, I can't wait for us to go to University in the same car again, getting lunches together again, doing each other's assignments with each other's presence..."

Laying side by side, arms safely around each others, the quiet and peaceful silence engulfing the room and it didn't take long for Hanni to fall into slumber whereas you couldn't even take your eyes off her sleeping face, so peaceful, so beautiful, so vulnerable yet so strong knowing what the two of you have walked through to get where you were now. 

You leaned your face closer to her before pecking on her lips softly before her head shifted slightly then her arms tightened around you as her head's pressing more against your chest making you smiled in adoration before you had your arms stretched out to turn off the night light beside the bed and eventually you too fall asleep, safe and sound in her loving arms.

I'm sure going to miss all of this once the book ends... ☺️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.4K 634 31
In a world where not everyone is given a chance to say goodbye nor a second hello, Danielle finds the girl who left her without a goodbye. Although g...
20.5K 904 17
In a school full of attractive people, Minji suddenly find herself choosing between 2 girls. Hanni and Haerin. Who will she choose? A love triangle b...
100K 5.4K 39
A Daerin AU A typical high school drama that mainly focuses around two individuals who are polar opposites and find themselves unexpectedly drawn to...