MAGE CHRONICLES: THE BEGINNING

By GW_Merak1

BOOK 1 Mage Chronicles: The Beginning. New world, New family, New friends... and enemies, Multiple mates? K... More

1. The Beginning.
2. Magic or No magic?
3. Zoomies.
4. Revelations.
5. Cold Curse.
6. I Choose Death.
7. Sad Goodbyes.
8. Mother O' Faery.
9. Glass Rooms.
10. Dru.
11. The Black House.
12. Haunted Haven.
13. Sensual Illnesses.
14. Poles and Laps.
15. Magic Words.
16. Frustrating Females.
17. Baby Unicorns.
18. Lesser Evils.
19. Fakers in Leathers.
20. New Friends.
21. Catfight?
22. Shadow Attacks.
23. Firing Squad.
24. Scary Legends.
25. Nyx.
26. Bright Princes.
27. An Unwilling Royal.
28. Ice Princess.
29. Inside Voices.
30. Magical Makeover.
31. Winter Wonderland.
32. Beautiful Stranger.
33. Girl's Night.
34. Blind Masses.
35. Rosy Bargains.
36. The Extra Mile.
37. Filter
38. Chatty Doorways.
39. Hellhounds.
40. Vengeful Psycho.
41. Spam Box Prayers.
42. Trial or No Trial?
43. Voices in My Head.
44. Headless Princess.
45. Soul Ties.
46. Knight in Flaming Armour.
48. Bitter Sweet.
49. Back in Faery.
50. Faery Godmother.
51. Faery Godmother.
52. Emotion Avalanche.
53. Steamy Predicament.
54. Mates?
55. Tough Luck.
56. Little Spitfire.
57. Love Language.
58. Snarly with The Scales.
59. Pant-ups.
60. A White Lie.
61. Leashes.
62. A Spar Gone Wrong.
63. 'Gentle' Master of War.
64. Dream-Napped.
65. Broken Shackles.
66. Beautiful Rapture.
67. Morning After.
68. Superstar in Hiding.
69. The Calm Before the Storm.
70. Peaceful Oblivion.

47. Eleena.

221 18 0
By GW_Merak1

"I shouldn't even be surprised," mutters Killian as he yanks me through the shield, sword in tow. I needed to name it, something that magnificent deserved a name.

I have a name.

Shock has me screeching to a halt gaping up at it, causing Keon to almost crash into my back.

Did it just talk?

She.

Huh?

Not it, she.

What's your name?

It's...

"Why are you gawking at it? We need to keep moving."

The sword zooms towards Killian at his irritated words, sparking agitatedly.

The man has the sense to at least back away eyes wary, there's hope for him it seems.

My name is Eleena, it means one who shines in the darkness, now keep moving, Rhys is getting antsy.

"Who's..."

I'm slammed to the floor of the forest before I complete my sentence as Keon tackles me to the ground.

There's a thunk of something sharp on a fleshy surface the next minute and I look up at the arrow still vibrating on the tree bark right where my head would have been.

Well shit!

"Move it! They mean business." Keon barks helping me up.

I'm looking at Eleena wishing there was a way to carry her easily, when she disappears in a flash. A familiar tingling travels through my body again, but before I can think more about it, we are running again.

After what feels like two hours of running, my legs give out and I fall to my knees, huffing and panting.

Keon sighs as Killian just looks at me like he wishes I would just disappear.

"What? I start irritated, "I need a breather, no use coming all the way here to just escort a dead body home that would be stupid, so rest... please," I add as an afterthought.

"Where did it go? demands Keon.

I knew he meant the sword but I wasn't ready for that conversation so I just shrug.

His face scrunches and he gives me the eyes mama does when she thinks I'm being naughty, right before she whoops my ass... and no I'm not kidding, it has happened.

"You really have no..." Killian starts before I cut him off.

"Nope, nada, zilch, zero ideas, this here," I gesture to my head, "Is very empty... nothing in there... capiche?"

"Yo..."

"Breaks over, stand up," says Killian cutting Keon off.

"Why can't you guys just use magic to get us there in a jiffy?"

Killian looks affronted as he answers, "That would have been my first option, but we can't."

"Why..." I insist.

"Move."

I sigh as I stand up again, legs wobbly and from the corner of my eyes I catch both men jerking as if to catch me before I fell. Somehow the fact that they care enough to catch me when I fell gives me a surge of energy and I'm moving again, my stupid heart pumping faster and not because I was panting

                                                                                     ******

"Oh my God!" I huff as we continue running up another hill, "Why does our escape route have to be this way, if I don't stop, my heart will."

"Again?" growls Killian, "I'm going to run you to the ground during training, we need to work on your stamina."

"Oh, my stamina is just fine, pretty boy," I croon.

To my surprise, the broody man flashes.

Score!

"I would offer to carry you, but I know that would only make you crankier." Keon starts.

"Hell no, you didn't say that was an option," I say jumping onto his back, and wrapping my limbs around him like a baby monkey.

"Let's get on with it Dracula," I continue once I'm settled, "I'm pretty sure they've already realized what is going on."

"What!" He splutters.

"You think I'm going to go all 'feminist' on you? I know I am mortal or infant immortal and also allergic to exercise whereas you are a freaking fireball, you wiped the floor with those knights; that means experienced and strong. Also we have been running for hours, I am drenched in sweat but you look like you're in a photoshoot. It's cruel that you're only offering me help now, watching me suffer all along...so git. I assume you are fast, ey fire boy?"

I hear a choked-off cough and turn to find Kilian gaping at us, "What is it Kilian stop gawking, you are going to unhinge your jaw, haul ass it's not like they are giving us a handicap," I scold while still trying to get Keon to start moving.

"Oh, now you remember we are being chased?" says Keon, hands still spread.

"How has he not killed you yet pip? Killian starts curiously, "No one touches Keon, especially without permission."

"Hey," I defend, "That was an opening, you've got to recognize, besides he practically hoisted my ass, so I'm pretty sure he doesn't mind."

"There's also no way in hell I'm getting down again till we get to the academy, he can kill me or teach me about boundaries when we get there," with that I tighten my legs around Keon. there's no way they are making me walk again.

I had been joking when I asked Keon if he was fast before, but now mad respect filled me and a twinge of guilt, I must have been really holding us back.

Damn! the guy was really fast, even with me hanging on his back, Killian had remained behind us but he was also pretty fast, keeping up with us effortlessly... show-offs.

Ahead of us a weird gate shimmers into view; half of it glimmers brightly while the other remains cast in shadows despite there being nothing around it to create said shadows.

Light and shadow.

"Is that the border?" I ask.

"Yes, once we go through, we'll come out at the academy gates." Keon answers.

I clench my eyes shut as we approach the weird gate and Keon shows no signs of stopping.

"You can open your eyes now pipsqueak," That was Killian.

Why the hell aren't we going in?

We need to get on our side of....my words die in my head as I realize we've already gone through the gate and it didn't catapult my ass.

I turn back to the gate to see our "entourage" pacing along it anger clear on their faces, Jain alights and kicks at the gate as if frustrated.

The king is staring straight ahead, right at us.

They had horses and still couldn't catch up, pathetic.

Petty as always, I stick my tongue at the king.

"He can't see you, and where does it keep coming from?"

"Huh?" I turn to Killian at his question and he points at something above me.

Tilting my head, I see Eleena hovering above me as sparkly as ever.

I shrug.

"Are you coming down?" Keon asks though his hands are still holding onto me firmly.

"No chance in hell, you are stuck with me until we go through that cursed gate," I answer tightening my grip on him.

"Cursed gate?" he counters curious.

"Yeah, I'm not hanging upside down again, at least not alone, we go through and I get off you, deal? Great."

He turns to Killian who can't hide his humour, it was practically dancing all over his face.

"Don't ask." He answers Keon fixing an amused glance at me.

"Wonderful plan," I say fixing my meanest glare on Killian, daring him to share my humiliating introduction to Faery.

The infuriating man just smirks and walks into the school.

Keon moves through the gate unscathed, disappointment fills me, and nothing happens, except Eleena who was now hovering closer winks out again.

"Where does it keep going?" Killian grumbles.

Time to come clean.

"I did something."

"Talk," they say at the same time. Bossy.

"Iwasthinkingofhowcoolitwouldbeificouldsomehowabsorbitliketheydoinbooksiwouldlookbadassanditwillbeeasiertocarryiswearijustthoughtabuotitandvoilaswordtattooonmyarm."

It goes silent for a couple of minutes.

"Are you fucking crazy, do you know the amount of energy and power it takes to bond with an ancient power, you're practically an infant!" Killian barks with Keon huffing in support.

How did they even understand that?

"I'm well aware and don't shout at me. She said I'm okay and that being back here means she doesn't need to feed on me she can feed off the land."

That shocks them into silence again.

"She?" Keon asks.

"It talks to you?" Killian mutters sceptical

As if on cue, shimmering turquoise light moves from me swirling around creating a mini tornado with some fallen leaves, when it finally settles, it is my turn to gape.

"What the...!"

"Dramatic entrances seem to be your thing Mahina," drawls the dean from the administration building steps cutting off my expletive.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74 9 6
Nova disguise as a boy to enter the military school. If she is discovered as a girl, she will be kicked out. She is desperate to hide from trackers w...
1.3K 60 59
HER It's been over a year since my first taste of blood, since I've learned what it means to truly evolve in order to survive. I'm not proud of what...
1.2M 43.8K 69
Book 1 of "Bloodlust" series. "I'm going to give you one chance to answer me. Where is she?" She asked, looking into my eyes. I looked back at her, t...
1.6M 51.7K 54
❝He has a heart of stone. I have a heart of glass. I just have to pray mine won't shatter...❞ ******** The werewolf world is brutal. From the moment...