He's More Like it

By Believe01

Devin and Cameron are new in town and find the crowds they think are the most hottest! Cam finds the handsome... More

He's more like it
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11

9

279 10 0
By Believe01

Chapter 9:

"Dev." someone's small voice whispers close to me.

Slowly I open my eyes to see Cam's bright blue ones staring back at me watery. Cocking my head I bring my hand up to her face and wipe at her wet eyes. "Why are you crying?" I ask groggily and she sniffles wiping at her own eyes.

"Bruh you know i'm a cry baby." she says trying to make a joke and I give her a small smile because it was worth the try.

"Dude I know but whats the point in crying? I just have the flu or something." is ay trying to write it off.

Cam shakes her head and her lips wobbles making more tears break free. "The Doc doesn't think its only the flu."

"What do you mean?" I ask a little confused. He can't just know what it is by the symptoms can he? "Where's daddy and Silas?" I look around the room and neither of them are anywhere in sight.

Avoiding my question she says "They stepped out for a few to talk to the Doc."

Putting my legs over the bed I stand and Cam rushes over to me telling me  should sit back down. I shake my head and walk around her. I am the patient and if he thinks I have something he should tell it to me.

Opening the door I spot Silas my daddy and an older man I a lab coat that I assume is the Doc. Their standing on the other side of the hall taking in hished whispers. "Daddy." I say getting his attention. He jumps a little frightened and looks over to me. His eyes are bloodshot and I know he has been crying. "Are you okay?"

Daddy walks over to m and puts his hand on my shoulder trying to steep me into the room but I stay planted. He would have been able to move me but hes being way to gentle so I know somethings up. "I'm fine baby girl. You should go back and get some rest."

"I don't want to rest I want to know whats wrong with me. Why do you all look a mess?" I demand looking at them all. Cam is standing in the doorway of my room looking like shes been hit by a school bus. Daddy looks like he hasn't slept in days and Silas hasn't stopped staring at me since he knew I was here.

He doesn't looks like he has been crying but he looks like he could break down any minute if he wasn't trying to stay strong.

"If its okay with you we are going to keep you over night so we can preform a series of tests on you. We want to know why you are feeling the way you are feeling." the Doc says after a few minutes f no one else saying anything.

"I think you already have a feeling why."

Doc nods slowly and says "I do but I don't know I could be wrong."

"You're probably dude not so go on.." Daddy shakes his head and picks me off of the floor taking me back into the room. He sets me on the bed and takes a seat beside me.

"You don't need to know what he thinks because its only going to make you discouraged and I want you to be so encouraged you kick this thing in the shin."

"Fine but you gize cant go around moping because its only going to make me sad. I don't wanna be sad." My eyes start welling up with tears and daddy pulls me onto his lap squeezing me tight.

"You are alright baby girl."

He embraces me a long time before the Doc speaks up. "We have a room ready for you. Amanda will show you the way while I schedule the tests and then I will be up to let you know when and what will happen during these tests."

The way up to the room Silas and Cam hold my hands. Daddy stays close to me as he chats with the nurse asking her when I eat and drink. Just anything that will keep his mind off of what the Doc said to them.

My rooms pretty nice and cozy theres a small little sofa that looks a little smaller than a loveseat and a few other chairs for people to sit on. My beds in the middle of the room with a flat screen pointing toward it and then theres a bathroom.

"I'm going to bring you some water and if you don't drink it all within an hour im gong to have to put you on an IV because your getting dehydrated." the nurse informs settling us in. Nodding I lay on the bed getting comfortable. "Would you like anything else?"

"Nope."  She lets us know she will be right back and leaves the room.

Everyone just stands around staring at anything but me. Sighing loudly I ask "So how's Wayne?"

Cam gives a real smile since she has got her and crawls into the bed beside me getting comfortable. "He's been sitting with me at lunch and walking me to and from class since you've been sick."

"Why didn't he do that before?" I ask truly confused.

"He said something about not wanting Ryder to think he liked you."

Rolling my eyes I lay my head back on the pillow. "Why would Silas think that when hes all over you?"

Cam shrugs and says "He's really sweet though and I really like him."

"Are you excited for Friday?" I gush because if shes not I have enough excitement for the both of us.

Cam looks out of the window and whispers "I canceled." with a cringe.

"What?" I ask in disbelief. The girl is practically in love here and she canceled on the boy. "Why?"

She looks back at me watery eyed again and I sigh laying my head on her shoulder. I cant see her like that because Cam never crys and when she does you know its something serious. "I wanna be her with you."

"I'm gonna be outta here and healthy as a horse by tomorrow. Stop trippin dude."

"I can't do this." Silas says angrily and I look up just in time to see him walk out the door.

My eyes widen largely and I get that feeling of chlorine being in my nose. That annoying feeling you get when you feel like your going to cry. Only I don't feel like im going to cry I bust out crying thinking hes leaving me. He cant handle that im sick so hes just going to leave.

He changed around me but I guess not that much. Not enough to stay when im sick.

"Shh." Cam coos wrapping me in her arms. "He's not leaving Dev he just needs some air."

The bed shift and I feel a hand on my back rubbing it softly before daddy says "He wants to tell you but I won't let him. That's why hes upset baby girl."

"I want him daddy." I sniffle calmed down a little. Since I know hes not leaving im better but im still upset that hes hurting I wish I could make it better but I can't.

"Okay baby girl ill go get him." Nodding I close my eyes and rest against Cam as she hums me a lullaby making me sleepier than I already am.

Not five minutes later I open my eyes to the bed shifting. Cam lets go of me and gets out of the bed quitly only for it to shift again and someone else get in. Silas wraps his arms around me and pushes the hair out of my face looking all over my face. "Have I ever told you how beautiful you are?" he asks and I smile up at him shaking my head.

He never has told me how beautiful I was and never had he hinted at it especially when we were in the presents of others like my father and sister. "Well I should have because you are just the most amazingly beautiful woman I have ever met." he runs his thumb over my cheek making my eyes flutter from the softness.

My heart does a little pitter patter making me smile all the more. "You are to sweet." I whisper and he whispers right back "Don't tell anyone."

"Only when I have to." I mumble and Silas chuckles leaving a light kiss on my lips. I jerk back and says "Silas Im going to get you sick."

He looks behind me before he says "I already told you baby, it doesn't matter."

"Alright i'm going to need you to drink this all and when its gone ill bring you another one." The nurse says finally coming in with my water. When I look behind me my eyes widen in disbelief.

"I have to drink all of that and another one?"

"Correct and if I feel you sill need more after two you'll have another." I sit up straighter as she hands me the 40 oz hospital cup. The thing is it has no ice or anything its filled to the brim with water. "I'll be back In an hour and the Dr. should be up around the same time.

Nodding I get to work on the water drinking as much as I can in one gulp. The only problem is after I drink some I feel sick. I don't want the IV but if I cant drink some water im probably goin to have to get it.

"Drink it slowly." Silas says watching me concerned.

"I want to get it over with."

Shaking his head he takes the cup from me and sets it on the bedside table. "Little sips are better than upchucking."

"Hows Sean and Zach?" I ask trying to change the subject.

Silas shrugs and says. "I havn't really seen them with work and you I've ben busy."

"When do you go to work today?"

"Mark said he doesn't need to come in unless he needs the money." Daddy says finally speaking. I look over to him and hes on the loveseat laying down with his arm tiredly placed over his face.

"You should go in i'll be fine."

He shakes his head quickly and says "I'm staying with you tonight. Cam already called the sofa."

Smiling up at him I say "So then I guess you get to stay up here with me."

"No wondering hands either." Cam says loudly making daddy frown and remover his hand to give her a look.

"Thanks because I wasn't even thinking about that but now that's all im going to be thinking about."

"Sorry pops, just wanted to set some rules." Cam says putting her hands up defensively. I laugh a real laugh making everyone smile for the first time today since we've been here.

.

"Hello again Miss. Carter. We're going to go through a series of tests today and a little tomorrow morning. First though im going to have to ask you to change into this gown," Doc says walking into my room. He hands me the ugly blue gound and I stand shaking my head. This is the most ugliest thing I have ever seen. "All of your undergarments are to be taken off also."

"Seriously bro?" I ask looking at the back of the gound. Theirs no back to it besides for some strings.

"I'm serious." he says with a smile.

With an eye roll I walk to the bathroom grabbing Cam on my way past. When we shut the door I start undressing and she screeches putting a hand infront of her face. I laugh loudly at her happy that shes still trying to make me laugh. "Dude you've seen me naked so many times."

Cam uncovers her eyes with a big smile. "I know but still it got you to laugh."

I get the gown on and shift uncomfortably. "Yo tie this like tight so my bum doesn't show."

"Wouldn't want Ryder to get a peep show now would we." My cheeks tint a bit because that would be something. The first time he sees my bum im in a hospital gound. "There you go."

We open the door and I scratch my head uncomfortably when everyone turns to look at me. "Okay the testing will take a while so I was informing your family they could go home and get some rest or wash up." the Doc says and everyone shakes their head.

Silas is the main one. He's standing there watching me closely not checking me out but concerned. Really concerned and it breaks my heart. Walking over to him I wrap my arms around his waist and his arms do the same squeezing me softly. "Go get some rest or something to eat." I say and then I look to my father and Cam. "All of you I know your probably hungry or tired and i'm not going to be here a few hours so why stay."

"I'm not leavin bruh." Cam says sitting on the sofa.

"Yes you are so get up." I get out of Silas's arms and grab her pulling her up. "I'll call you when im finished alright."

"Fine but yo you better not forget and we're walking down with you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4M 142K 60
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...
376K 23.4K 21
𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐚 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 𝐱 𝐑𝐮𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐤𝐬𝐡 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 ~By 𝐊𝐚𝐣𝐮ꨄ︎...
1.1M 27.2K 45
When young Diovanna is framed for something she didn't do and is sent off to a "boarding school" she feels abandoned and betrayed. But one thing was...
2.8M 182K 87
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...