I Found You

By Courtney98xo

This story is based on the BBC show Peaky Blinders, we start off in the year 1921 and so forth, up until 1934... More

Actors and Actresses
Part 1. The First Time Meeting You.
Part 2. Moving, Moving Where?.
Part 3. We Meet Again.
Part 4. An Unexpected Invitation.
Part 5. A Problem Shared, Is A Problem Halfed.
Part 6. Billy Kimber.
Part 7. Killing Someone.
Part 9. The Lee Family.
Part 10. Our First Kiss.
Part 11. First Job Of The Company.
Part 12. Questions Spinning and My Head Killing.
Part 13. I Found You And You Found Me.

Part 8. The Races.

36 0 0
By Courtney98xo

I took a while to emerge from the duvet, the anticipation and anxiety flowing throughout my body, made my head spin.

"Today's the day". I whispered to myself, as I stared up at the ceiling. I then, with all my courage and strength, pulled myself out of bed and made my way downstairs to put the kettle on the stove, to warm it up for some boiling water, for me to wash my face. I also went outside and grabbed the tin bath, so I could have a full body wash and wash my hair. The boys were already out and at work, so I had the whole house to myself, as due to me going to the races with Tommy, I was allowed the day off.

The kettle began to whistle, alerting me that it was ready, so I took it off the stove with a tea towel wrapped around it, to protect my hand from being burnt and went up stairs and I poured it into the wash basin, that I had tooked away in the corner of my room. I then went back downstairs, kettle in hand and began the process all over again for a few times, to allow the bath to fill up. Whilst I was waiting for it, I managed to go upstairs and grab a fresh set of pyjamas, my dressing gown and my toothbrush from out of the cupboard. After a nearly an hour, the bath was filled enough for me to have a decent wash, so I stepped into it and did what I had to do, starting off by washing my hair, using the carbolic soap and then after that I had washed my full body.

A little while later, I had, had enough and finally got out of the bath and wrapped my dressing gown around me and went upstairs to get ready. For I couldn't empty the bath on my own, as it would take nearly all three of us in the house, to lift it outside to empty it. I walked over to my vanity and sat down upon it, with the bowl of steaming hot water on top of it. I sat there, taking a long hard look at my appearance in the mirror. My milky white pastie skin, my dark purple under eyes, that make me look as though, I am always getting into fights with people. My mangled and tatty, auburn locks that weren't very attractive to no man of this day and age, for all men fancy blondes, or brunettes. Why anyone would fancy me, I do not know, I thought to myself.

I sighed heavily, tutting aloud, as I picked up the flannel and dipped it into the hot water. Luckily for me, the steam from the water made the glass on the mirror fog up, so I could hardly see myself any longer, than I wanted too. I began to then, scrub the soap into the flannel, making it become all soapy, before applying it too my face and washing it. I then, splashed the water up on my face and got rid of all the soap, that was upon it. I then, patted my face dry, with the towel I had already placed onto my bed. After I dried my face, I picked up my tooth brush and rubbed it into the soap too and began to clean my teeth with it.

After my teeth were all shiny and clean. I then,  decided to place my under garments on, whilst I let my hair dry a little bit longer under the towel, that was on top of my head. I picked out a matching set, that was a lovely silky cream colour, that blended in with my skin tone perfectly, but it wasn't too riskey, it was just plain and subtle. Once I was decent and my body was covered, I moved on to doing my makeup. I picked my my powder puff and dipped it into the powder and started to dab it onto my face. Afterwards, moved onto mascara, blush and lipstick. For I never have been, the type of girl to wear too much makeup, light and delicate is my way to go.

I gently glided the lipstick, across my lips with my finger. Making sure it covered all of my lip surface, before I pressed them together, making a popping noise, as I parted them. Moving onto my hair, I took it out of the towel and put the towel down onto the bed. It was nearly dry by now, so I picked up my box of rags that I had, from shredded up old pillow cases and other artifacts, around the house and I started to twist them in my hair, to curl it. Once every last strand of my hair, was twisted around the rag tightly I then, stood up away from the vanity and retrieved the rest of my undergarments, starting with the garter and stockings. I placed the stockings, one by one, on each foot and guided them up both of my legs, just above each knee, being careful not to snag them and put a hole in them.

Then, came the garter belt, as I slipped into that and clipped both stockings to the clips, that dangled from it. Then the most important peice, of them, all the dress. I took it down from it's hanger and stepped into it, slipping both feet in first and pulling it up, past my bum and then I slipped both hands, through the arm holes and pulled it up over my shoulders. With all the skill I had, I also managed to fasten it up at the back by myself, to which I was really surprised, the fact I could do it. Lastly, came the hair, it was finally all dry, so I took it all out of the rags, one by one and brushed it out a little, so that they wouldn't look like, I had been dragged through a hedge backwards. It dangled just onto the shoulders, tickling them as it finally settled.

Once I was finally dressed, I took one last look at myself in mirror and admired myself for a moment, before I went and made my way downstairs. For some reason, my guts were all in knots and it finally hit me, at the danger I could be placing myself in. And upon a strange train of thought, I ran out into the backyard and into our little garden, where I planted the gun the I had killed the man with and I dug it up, being careful not to get mud on myself or my dress. I filled the hole back in and took the gun inside, gave it a clean and then put it inside my handbag. I knew it was wrong of me and I knew that this little object, had already made me kill someone, but for some reason my head was telling me to keep it with me for protection, but for why I do not know.

Just as I was about to leave, to go and meet Tommy, I heard the front door open, so I quickly scrambled to grab my bag and make sure that whoever it was, couldn't see the gun that was within it. The figure happened to be father, who just stood at the doorway, stopped in his tracks and staring at me. "What are you doing home?". I asked him curious. "I errr, I err, I'm on break and I wanted to come and see you before you went and I wanted to meet this Tommy fellow". Dad said, as he stuttered and blinked a few times, trying to take his gaze from me. "Oh". Was all I replied. "You look beautiful sweetheart, just like your mam did, when ah used to tak' her out on dates back in ma day". He said, as he came forward with arms open wide and placed both his hands upon my arms and kissed the top of my head, making me close my eyes with the contact.

"Thank you dad". I whispered. "So, what times he comin' then?". He asked me. "Actually I'm meeting 'im at the Garrison at nine o'clock". I told him. "Ah, can you not mack on that ya late and then he might come 'ere for ya instead?". Dad asked. "Why?". I replied. "Well I wanna meet 'im, find out what kinda man is going to tack my daughter out on a date". He said. I just smirked at him and walked over to the sette and sat down. "Fine!". I sighed, I looked over to the mantel clock it was already five to nine, I should have made tracks about half eight. "I want ya back in this 'ouse for ten at the latest mind, I'm warning ya now". Dad said. "Yes dad, anar man!". I snapped slightly.

Just then, there was a knock at the front door. Dad jumped up from off the sette beside me to go and answer it. Meanwhile, I smoothed my hair down and my dress to make myself look more presentable. "Mr Taylor?". I heard a gruff voice say from the otherside of the door. "Who's asking?". Dad replied. "Mr Taylor, I'm Thomas Shelby, I'm here to take your daughter to the races, is she here?". The voice replied, straight away I knew it was him. "Aye she's in 'ere, sorry she lost track of time, ya nar what women are like with getting ready and all that". Dad said, as he allowed Tommy to come further into the house.

He didn't look at me at first, he just looked around the whole living room. "Nice house". He told dad. "Cheers mate, I try me best to keep it tidy, but it's our Roselyn 'ere what does most of the cleaning, bless 'er 'eart". Dad said, as he pointed down at me still sat on the sofa. My heart was racing, I can't believe that thee Tommy Shelby, is in my sitting room, talking to my dad. Just, as dad pointed down at me, he followed my dad's index finger and looked directly at me and smirked slightly to himself, his peaked cap covering his eyes for a moment. "Yeah that's Roselyn for you, she keeps the Garrison spotless as well, you can see your face in that bar". He replied, as he smiled at me slightly, not taking his gaze from mine.

"Well I won't keep you both any longer, you both best head off". Dad said, as he went over to the front door and opened it. Tommy looked down at me and I looked up at him, both of us not breaking the gaze, he then leant out his hand for me to take and helped me up of the sette. I gladly took his hand, as he squeezed mine keeping a firm grip upon it to help me up, as my other hand was holding my handbag. I walked out of the house first and Tommy followed. "Have her back by ten please Thomas would you". Dad asked him. "Course Mr Taylor, you have my word". He replied. Dad, then shut the front door and headed off back to work. Myself and Tommy, stood there quite awkward for a moment. "Oh Dad, have you got your front door key!". I shouted after him, as he was futher down the street, I wanted to keep stalling him, so he didn't have to leave me alone with Tommy, as my anxiety was getting the better of me, by this point. "Aye, see ya later!". He shouted back, as he waved. My heart sank and my stomach flipped, as my little plan didn't work.

I then waved back, before turning my attention back to Tommy. "Nice man, your father". He said, as he held out his arm for me to loop my through. I hesitated at first, but then gave in and looped mine through his and we began to walk towards the Garrison. Silence ascended between us, the only sound that could be heard, was the sound of us both clicking our shoes off the pavement, as we walked. "I told you nine o'clock at the Garrison". Tommy then gruffly snapped, as he let go of my arm and walked with his hands in his pockets and his head down low. I was a little shocked by his turn of attitude and it took me a while to answer him. "I-i-im sorry my dad, he wanted to meet you first". I said softly.

"And when I say a time to someone I expect them to be there!". He snapped again, as he stopped in his tracks, this time and looked down the street, before turning back to look at me under his peaked cap. "Oh, so when you click your fingers, I have to come running, is that it?!". I snapped back. Just then, the children and people who were out and about in the street, stopped what they were doing and the whole street went silent, as though they were listening in on our conversation. Tommy then, grabbed hold of my arm slightly and dragged me further up the road and into the entrance of an alley way. To prevent people from listening in further.

"You work for me". He said, as he pointed a finger up at my face. "Yes I get that, but you have to understand a father's worry, when a total stranger who he has never met before, wants to take his daughter and his only daughter for that matter, out somewhere!". I told him in a whispered tone, so no one could hear us argue. "Well next time be on bloody time will ya!". Was all he replied with, before he started to walk off again, leaving me standing there. "Why and who says there's going to be a next time!". I shouted after him, as he took huge strides ahead of me towards the Garrison. I got no answer from him, as we were near the front doors. "Why were you so worried, as to whether or not I would turn up anyway, worried I would ruin your little plan did you, worried I would mess it all up between you and Kimber!". I snapped.

"I was worried incase summit had happened to you alright!". He snapped back. I was taken back by his outburst, I didn't know how to respond. The whole workforce of the men who worked around the pub, went silent and stood watching us. He then, walked round to the back of the pub and left me standing there for a few moments, before he came back round the corner, in a car. I stood there arms folded across my chest glaring at him for a moment, as I was still angry at him. "Get in!". He told me. I stood on the spot, for a moment like a spoilt child, not doing as they were told, until my feet finally moved and I was heading into the front seat, of the car.

"Is it just the two of us going to the races then?". I asked, trying to change the topic of conversation. "Something like that". Was all he replied with, before he took the handbrake off the car and we began to drive away slowly, through the street. People were looking at us, as we drove past, some stood with their mouths open in shock, others in disgust. For a moment, I began to feel like we were, King George and Queen Mary, being driven in a huge golden carriage, with magnificent white horses around London.

The drive to the races was an awkward one, with either one of us hardly speaking to one another. I spent most of my time looking out to the scenery before us, trying not to look over at him. Once we finally got there, he parked the car and got out first, before he quickly came round to my side and opened up the car door for me to step out. I got our of the car and stood waiting for some form of instruction from him. Instead all I got was silence and he just walked in front and I followed. "Now, no matter how mad ya are at me, you go along with the plan do you understand me?". He told me. I didn't say anything, as I was still angry at him inside. He then, stopped in his tracks once more and stopped and turned to look at me, raising his eyebrows and placing both hands on his hips.

"Am I talking to myself?". He said. "Yes, yes I understand!". I snapped back. He then, didn't bite back and he gestured for me to walk in front of him, as he walked close behind. He then, made us walk into a room, a room where it was full of people, people who were dressed to the nines and who seemed to have a lot of money and people who seemed to be the jockeys of the horses. We walked down some steps. "Are ya sure we're allowed in 'ere?". I asked him, scared incase we were going to get into trouble. "Well, I prefer to come to the races the back way". He told me, as he grabbed hold of my elbow and pulled me to walk closer to him. "It keeps me out of trouble the tracks are lawless places, I can't stand petty criminals". He then added.

"This way". He told me, as he pointed down another corridor for us to walk down, as quickly as we could. "Will we get to lay a bet?". I asked, with no reason as to why, that came out of my mouth, I suppose it was the anxiety catching up with me, that I started to say stupid stuff aloud. "Nah, gambling is for mugs". He told me. "This way". He said again, as he again pointed to the direction to walk in. "You're lucky your with me, you'd be wasting your money on fixed races". He told me. "Ooooo jealous that I might win a load of money are ya". I teased. He then stopped in his tracks again and looked to me and smirked, before he carried on walking.

"I always wondered, how do you fix a race?". I questioned. "How should I know". He replied. He then hurried us into another room, he pushed open the doors and we walked through down yet another one hundredth corridor. "Okay, you do the talking". He told me. "What!". I asked shocked. "This wasn't planned, you never told me I had to make converstion". I added, but got no repsonse. "Tell security you are Lady Sarah Duggan". He told me. "Excuse me, Lady Sarah Who?". I asked. Just then, people started to barge their way past us. "Excuse us, Excuse us". Tommy was asking them, as we tried to get passed. "Lady Sarah Duggan of Connemara". He told me. "Con where?". I asked him, but he just ignored me and carried on talking.

"You got lost when you went to look for the boy riding your horse, errr Dandy Flower". He added. I just smirked and giggled. "Dandy Flower". I echoed back. But again got no response from Tommy, who kept his gaze straight ahead and not even looking at me hardly, when talking to me, as though he was frightened incase, he was going to bump into someone, before he got the chance to tell me his plan. "If they ask about me, say that I'm Prussian and don't speak a word of English". He said. "Prussian, what!". I splurted out laughing, as I couldn't believe what I was hearing. "C'mon posh girl earn your three quid". He said. I stood there once again, shocked at what he said. "Do you want a smack, Shelby or not!". I snapped at him.

"A deals a deal". He sternly said. I just closed my eyes and sighed heavily and walked in front of him and went along with the plan. We then, walked up to the security guard and I told him everything, Tommy had told me to say and to my surprise to worked and we were allowed inside. Once we were in, we were greeted by a room full of people, with live music playing and a group of women dancing upon the stage, whilst people danced, upon the dance floor to the music. Myself and Tommy found ourselves, upon the balcony, within the room so that were were staring down at everyone.

Tommy as always, had lit a cigarette and was taken slow drags of it, as he was looking around the room at the people within it. "I still prefer the Garrsion". He turned to me and said, out of the blue. I turned and smirked at his comment and he did the same. "Do you dance?". He asked me, in an even more lower tone of voice, than normal. I stood there, as my breath caught in my throat, I didn't know what to say at first. Then, I said the first thing that came to mind. "If I'm asked properly". I smirked at him. "Lady Sarah of Connemara, would you dance with me?". He then said. I just smiled and nodded, as he held out his hand for me to take and I gladly accepted it and he then lead me to the dancefloor.

The music picked up the pace, as we entered the dance floor, he held me close to him, that close infact I could smell his cologne, it was a sharp spice, mixed with cigarette smoke from the cigarette he smoked earlier. The dance was awkward at first, as he didn't even make eye contact with me. He just kept on looking around the room at other folk, as though his mind was elsewhere. He did then eventually, make eye contact with me and gave me a delicate spin, smirking at me, as he did so. Making me return the smirk. We then kept on dancing, right through until the music finally stopped and then started again.

Suddenly, Tommy then looked at his pocket watch and then it felt like he was trying to hurry us both, from off the dancefloor. "Either your left leg is stronger than your right, or your trying to mack a run for it". I whispered to him, so no one else around could here. "Neither". He said back, as he continued to usher us both, away from the dancing crowd. "I hope this dint involve those razor blades". I asked him. "I've decided to move up in the world". He then replied, as he let go of me and dragged me by the hand, to follow behind him. "Become a legitimate businessman". He then added, as he walked through a door, that lead to another room. "My god your bloody serious aren't ya". I replied, as I stopped following him and stood still on the spot. At this point, I wanted to turn around and go home, I had enough now, I didn't want to know anything that was going on.

He then stepped back out of the doorway. "I'm always serious!". He said, as he raised both eyebrows again. Just then, I jumped back in shock, as out of nowhere, Tommy's older brother Arthur appeared, out of breath and had blood smeared on his face, as he dropped two bags upon the floor. "We chased the Lee's across the track and down to Devon Road". He whispered to Tommy. "We got every penny back". He then added out of breath. I turned around to make sure no one was looking, as I didn't want anyone to see, as someone could know my father for all I know and then, I would be in for it big time.

"Nice dress, you can wear that to my pub". Arthur addressed me, as I quickly whipped round in shock, at his statement. Tommy cut him off from saying anything else. "Buy the boys a drink, anyone hurt?". He asked him, as he placed a hand, upon his brothers shoulder. "Nah, just a few cuts and bruises". Arthur told him. Tommy didn't reply back to his brother, instead he tapped him a few times on his shoulder and then grabbed me and whisked me off with him. "Off we go Lady Sarah!". He said in a hurry, as he picked up each bag and placed it on one his shoulders.

He then, began to push past the crowds of people, still clutching my hand. "Steady on". Someone told him. "Excuse me". He said to another, as he pushed passed someone, as he let go of my hand and slammed the bag upon a table, that had another familiar face, sat upon it. Tommy then, picked up one of the bags and tipped the contents out onto the table and out from the bag, spilled loads of coins, that spilt all over the table, some even onto the floor. "Your money Mr Kimber". Tommy said. I then, jumped back slightly and raised my eyebrows in shock, as I thought I, recognised the man at the table however, I'm good with names but not so good with faces. That was, until Tommy said the man's name.

"Rescued from the Lee brother's and returned to you with a request, for a fair hearing". Tommy added, as he then sat down at the table. "Your own protection is failing Mr Kimber, your boys are taking cuts". Tommy told him. "I want to suggest that from now on, you contract out of your racetrack security to the Peaky Blinders, we would be saving you a lot of money Mr Kimber". He then asked him, as he put another cigarette in his mouth and lit it. "A lot of money, in return you give us, five percent of the take and three legal betting pitches at every race meeting, North of the river Severn, rising to six after one year, if we are all satisfied with the service". Tommy kept talking. "What do you say Mr Kimber?". He finally asked him.

The men both stared at each other for a moment, I on the other hand held my breath, in fear that Kimber might pull a gun on Tommy or something and it would be too late for him. "I say you talk business to my accountant". Billy finally replied. "I wanna dance". He then said, as he got up out of his seat and walked round the table. For a quick moment, I had my back turned to watch a loving couple dancing together, that I didn't hear the footsteps come up behind me, until it was too late. "Your man said it was alright for me to have this dance". I heard the voice say, from behind me, as I turned around in shock to find Billy Kimber, standing there.

I then, quickly looked over at Tommy, as I was about to protest, but then I remembered that I was working for him and I had to go along with the plan. So I grabbed a hold of his hand, which was rough and callice, not like Tommy's his were firm but soft. Kimber, then dragged me to the dancefloor and we began to dance around in a circle, I kept avoiding his gaze on me and just looked over his shoulder. However, I could feel a strong pair of eyes, not leaving my frame, as I moved around the dancefloor with Kimber, it was Tommy, he sat there still smoking his cigarette, leaning back in his chair, watching us both.

After a while, I think Kimber got bored of me and he let go of me and sat back down. He then, started whispering to Tommy. Leaving me stood there, in the middle of the dancefloor like a tin of milk, watching the pair, whisper like school boys in the playground, as they cast a glance at me every once and a while. "Looks like you two are making a deal". Kimber then said aloud, to Tommy and his accountant. "We are making progress". His accountant replied. "Then let me throw a small condition into the mix". Kimber then added. Meanwhile, I walked over to the bar and ordered a small white wine and was sipping it slowly. That was until, Tommy walked over to me, still smoking his cigarette before finally putting it out, in one of the ashtrays on the bar.

"So, listen err, we're going to go for dinner at Kimber's house, he has a place a couple of miles away, I have some business to settle first with his accountant, so you go on ahead with Kimber". He whispered to me. "What!". I shrieked silently. "This just keeps getting better and better!". I seethed through my teeth, at him. "Why do I need to be there and more importantly on my own with him?!". I added. "Till I'm done here, you will go with him yeah". He said. "Is that alright?". He then asked me. "What 'appens if I dint want tee?". I then asked. "Then you don't get your money". He said sternly. I just looked him up and down my face showing no expression upon it, as I gritted my teeth together on the inside of my mouth.

"Look, I'll throw in an extra three quid for your extra time". He then offered. "Ang on a minute I'm née whore ya nar!". I spoke rather loudly. When I get angry, my northern accent comes out even more, you can take the girl out of the North East, but you can't take the North East out of the girl. Tommy, then sighed and kept looking at me dead in the eyes. "Everyone's a whore Rosie, we just sell different parts of ourselves". He then told me. "Speak for yourself!". I muttered under my breath, as I crossed my arms over my chest and turned away from him. "You said you wanted to work for me, to do that, you have to sharpen up". He said. I just glared at him, my eyebrows knitted together, as I looked up at his through my eyelashes and gave him such a filthy look.

"The deal is I give him two hours with you". He then whispered. "Do what now!". I snapped. "I don't belive this". I added, as I ran my hands through my hair in disbelief. "He thinks he's a ladies man, he thinks he can seduce you". Tommy said. "Like fuck he can!". I snapped back, as I looked over my shoulder to look at Kimber, sat there ever so smug, as I shot him a filthy look too, lucky for me he didn't see me do it. "Whenever you want just kick him in the balls". Tommy then added. "Oh yeah great advice!". I said smug like. I then sighed out loud. "I'm a clause in a contract aren't ah!". I asked rhetorically. "If you want to be part of my organisation, you have to make sacrifices". Tommy told me. "What like sleep with men half my age, I told you what happened to me all them years ago and you said you understood!". I snapped, but got not repsonse.

Tommy then began to walk away, leaving me standing there, to ponder over what on earth was going on and if this was all just a bad dream. "Do we have a deal?". Kimber asked Tommy. Oh, how I wanted to go over and smack gim in the mouth. "As a sweetener you can try your luck with mine". He then added, pointing to his wife, girlfriend, mistress, whatever the hell she was too him. Just like me, she was some poor young woman, brought into a fools game and there was no way out. "Yeah we have a deal". Tommy quickly said. I was just about about protest, but couldn't in time. "Two hours". Kimber asked. "Yeah". Tommy quickly added. "Side bet, ten pounds I'll have her fucked in one". I heard Kimber say.

Oh my god, I can't believe he is really going to do this to me, make me sleep with a stranger for business, after everything I told him and everything he told me, that it was his men that scared those men away, that hurt me and they helped me. I continually pinched myself on my arm, to hope I would wake up from this nightmare. Kimber then walked past me and smirked at me. "Mademoiselle". He said, as he walked by. Tommy then walked away, with Kimbers woman, leaving me stood on the spot. Just like that we parted ways, I with legs like jelly and my heart feeling as though it wad going to burst out my chest with anxiety, went with Kimber in his car, as I clutched my handbag, so close to me, knowing that if I had to use the weapon inside it I would, even if that meant I had to kill someone again and Tommy took Kimbers woman with him in his.

We got to his house and he lead me into his study, as he left me to stand alone for a few moments. I walked over to the window, to take in the scenery to try and calm down. Before opening my handbag, to look at the small gun that was within it. He then, walked back through with a vinyl in hand and placed it upon the player. "You showed me up back there at the races". He said, as he put the needle onto the record and it began to play out loud. I walked away from the window, not knowing what to say. I walked over to the pool table and placed my bag down upon it. "Why don't you teach me how to dance properly?". He said, as he extended out his hand for me to take. I just stood there trying to not look at petrified, as I felt on the inside, trying to not let my knees give way beneath me, for if I fainted, god knows what he might do to me.

He then grabbed hold of my hand and pulled me forward towards him, so we were inches away from each other. I decided to not let it show that I was absolutely petrified and decided to play along with it. "The music's too slow, put on a Charleston". I told him. "Well then, we'd be far away I want to dance like this". He replied, as we continued to go around in a circle. "Come on you weren't so stiff back there were you?". He asked rhetorically. I didn't answer him. "You ever been in a house this big?". He asked me, as he let go of me and held me at arms length. "Hmm, ahh, look at you, you look like a bloody film star". He started to say, as he began to pant like a dog on heat, whilst putting his hand up to the side of my face and up into my hair.

He then, leant in to kiss my neck and to both our horror, I pushed him away and he stumbled backwards. "I need to put on some lipstick first". I said, as I went to reach into my bag, pretending to look for a lipstick, when I was really ready to reach for the gun. Kimber, then picked up a whiskey glass and dropped it on the floor, causing it to crash to the ground and shatter into pieces, making me jump out of my skin. "Oh look I've dropped something, pick it up". He told me. "Pick it up ya sell!". I snapped at him, as I turned to look at him. "Your a fucking barmaid, if I drop a glass on the floor you pick it up, I wanna watch you pick it up!". He snapped. I don't know, what weird fetishes he had, but I wanted know part of it.

I stood there in horror, not moving. Until suddenly, Kimber came storming over towards me, I quickly turned around and tried to reach for the gun in my handbag, but wasn't quick enough. "Right you little slag, I have tried to be nice, if I drop a glass on the floor, you bend over and fucking pick up the fucking glass okay!". He started to shout, as he now had me pinned over the pool table on my stomach, as I was still trying to reach for the gun, in my handbag. He was now, trying to lift up my dress and that made me even worse, I began to cry, scream, kick and fling my legs about uncontrollably, to try and get him off me, but it was no use.

Just then, someone opened the door, but I couldn't see who it was. "No, sir, no!". I heard the voice warn. "What!". Kimber screeched from the top of his lungs, to which then he let go of me and I could finally get to my feet. I looked over to the door, to see Tommy ripping his arm away from the butlers grip and storm over to Kimber. "What are you doing here, I've got another hour!". He shouted at Tommy. "Just wait, just listen to me, just listen to me". Tommy kept repeating over and over again. "I was going to let you go through with it but in the end, my conscience got the better of me, she looks good on the outside, but, but she has the clap". Tommy added, as he pointed towards me. I just scoffed out loud, what the fuck did he just say, I thought to myself.

"Yeah, syphilis". Tommy then continued, any longer and I was going to smack him in the mouth and not Kimber. Kimber, then started to back away from me in disgust. "When you took a shine to her, I thought to use her, somebody told me she had the syph, I thought what the hell". He said. "Call it my better nature, she's a she's a whore". He then finished with. I then glared at Tommy and then grabbed my handbag and hurried past them. "Now just go and wait in the car". Tommy told me. "I can walk on my own!". I snapped at him, as I pushed past him, as the tears began to fall and I ran out of the house.

My knees gave way at the front door and I collapsed and I couldnt breathe, I curled up into a tight ball, I didn't see the person that scooped me up carried me away, with shock and frightened, incase it was Kimber, coming to finish the job. I shot my head up, to see it was Tommy, that was carrying bridal style to the car. He then, with one hand opened the car door and gently placed me inside and shut the door. He then got into the drivers side and started the engine and we started to drive off, away from the house and up the country lane.

Silence ascended throughout the car ride, as I couldn't find any words to say and it didn't seem as though, he did either. Hopefully, somewhere deep down in that cold stone heart of his, he feels guilty for what he had done. We got a bit further down the road and I finally decided, enough we enough, I'm going to get a few words from off my chest. I dried my eyes, as I wiped them with the backs of my hands and took in a deep breath, before letting it out slowly, closing my eyes and trying to compose my breathing, before I began to speak.

"Start of the day I was Lady Sarah of Connemara, by the end I was a whore with the clap!". I hiccuped through sobs. I got no repsonse from him, as he just kept on looking straight on at the road ahead, so I decided to try a different tactic and become a bit more angry, to see if that would gain a reponse from him. "Your a fucking bastard offering me like that!". I seethed through my teeth, as I crossed my arms over my chest and looked out of the car window, as the breeze hit me in the face, helping me to cool down. Again nothing, nothing other than a quick sideways glance, before once again he concentrated on the road ahead of us.

Then, guilt started to build up in the pit of my stomach, as in reality if it wasn't for Tommy, coming in and spreading those lies to Kimber, Kimber probably would of had his way with me by now and in the next few months, I would of probably been his bitch, or a whore that was kept out of sight, out of mind, who was knocked up with his child. "But then, you changed your mind". I said softly, as I managed to calm myself and my breathing down. Again, no reponse. "Why did you change your mind Thomas?". I thought I would ask him and try and soften him, with using his full name. Nothing, it was as though, he had put a wall up in front of him. So we just sat in silence the whole way home, I just looked out of the window, looking at the greenery and the bright blue sky and people going by.

We got back into Watery Lane, for about half five, so it was a lot earlier than expected. He dropped me off right outside my front door, this time he didn't get out and help me out of the car, instead, he just kept on staring ahead down the street, whilst clutching tightly to the steering wheel. "Bye then and thanks". I said softly, as I closed the car door. He didn't reply, he just drove off in the car, leaving me stood on the pavement, watching him drive further down the street, before turning the corner. I then, turned and went into the house, taking my shoes off which I was glad to do, as they were killing my feet. I took of my coat and hung it up, I locked the front door and placed the keys onto the little coffee table. I then, went to the back door to make sure that was locked too.

I went lit the fire to keep warm, once that was done, I went and sat on the sette and put my feet up and before I knew it, tired and warn out from exhaustion from today's events. I must have drifted off to sleep, as I didn't know nothing until the next morning.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.6K 844 6
do i look like the kind of woman who dies? π—Ώπ—²π˜€π˜‚π—Ώπ—Ώπ—²π—°π˜π—Άπ—Όπ—» peaky blinders: s1 tommy shelby x fem!oc time frame...
11.7K 550 29
❝ Mar, we both know the rules of this game. ❞ ❝ And what game would that be, Tommy? ❞ ❝ The one where we pretend that we can resist each other. ❞ Tom...
374K 6K 31
This story is about the youngest member of the Shelby family, Vive. Together with her brothers she grows up under the smoke of Small Heath. Surrounde...
81.2K 1.2K 19
Isabella, (Bella), Kingsley was used to living a quiet, sheltered life in New York City. When her father decides to open a branch of his company in...