iFAIRYTALE KaMAGEZA

By TheZuluMenSyndrome

Read and find out! More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
56.
57.
59.
60.
61.
62.
63.
64.

58.

766 50 0
By TheZuluMenSyndrome

iFAIRYTALE KaMAGEZA

𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐭 58

[NARRATIVE]

Mahlathini is at the rank. He's sitting with Hloma and some of the taxi drivers feasting on inhloko. It's month end and this is how he spoils them for their hard work. They've really pulled up their socks since Hloma came. Umsebenzi uyabonakala. He's almost making double of what he was making before. With this rate, he might get 5 more taxi by the end of this year.

"Kunenkulumo that has been roaming around Jama, I ignored it at first but it's getting serious and nothing good is being said" Hloma says cutting the meat into small peaces.

"It's about me?" Mahlathini asks opening the two litre of coca cola and pouring it into a glass.

"Yebo, it's about you and it's coming from the other owners. It's about the salary you're paying your drives. They say you're making them look bad for what they are paying their drivers" Mahlathini chuckles.

"That's ridiculous. I pay my drivers what they are worth. These boys work very hard, they deserve it"

"And it doesn't stop there. You're starting to become a threat to most of the owners. The boys are working extra hard and you keep bringing in more taxis, soon you'll be taking over Stanger and the whole of iTheku. You should consider getting yourself security" Mahlathini shakes his head in disagreement.

"I'm not pressing anyone down. I'm just growing my business, there's no need for anyone to be threatened"

"You're being ignorant. I've been in this industry before you were born my boy. This is the time where you should ensure Connie and the kids are safe 24/7. An enemy doesn't announce when they decide to strike and they usually strike when you're not looking" Mahlathini sighs

"I hear you Ndwandwe. I'll think about it" Mahlathini says assuringly.

They finish eating. He bids his goodbyes and drives home.

Connie is in the kitchen cooking while talking to someone on the phone. He waits for her to end the call before going over to her.

"It's Thando's new School. They have a school Bus that comes get them every morning and bring them back after school. Our Job is to take her to the Station every morning and pick her in the afternoon. Now I feel like we should get an extra car and hire someone to do all of that. I can also use a Nanny and a Maid around here" Mahlathini smiles before pecking her lips.

"Noted" she smiles wrapping her arms around his back "...I also have an addiction" he says tucking her hair behind her ear. He spent the whole drive here thinking about what Hloma said, the man has a valid point "Security is needed" Connie frowns.

"Are we in danger?"

"No. I want to be sure you and the kids are safe even when I'm not around" She stares at him. She doesn't like what she's hearing.

She breaks out of his hold and returns to her cooking.

"Have you thought about Nobuhle's request?"

"You're changing the subject"

"I've talked about this enough. You know how I feel so there's nothing I can say, do what you feel is necessary"

"I don't like that Connie" She lowers the heat on the stove and turns to face him.

"You expect me to be okay with the fact that we might be in danger?"

"Did I say we're in danger?" his tone is stern, Connie remains silent.

She has read so many articles about taxi owners being gunned down. This is where all of this is going and Jackson doesn't care. He's being very selfish. Everyday he leaves the house she worries about him. She's really trying to be supportive but it's very hard.

"Put yourself in my shoes, maybe then you will understand"

"The safety of this family is my responsibility Connie, if anything happens to you and the kids it will be on me. I made a promise to your family that I will keep you safe. I know you're not supporting the taxi business but don't let that shadow your reasoning" He picks a bottle of water in the fridge and walks out. He's going to his gym cave.

In that same moment Celiwe walks in followed by Donovan. Her eyes are red, it's clear she's been crying "Should I murder him?" Connie says pickings a knife. Celiwe smiles faintly.

"Not yet. We fixed things. I'm going back home" She looks very drained.

"Are you sure?" She nods.

"Alright then, I cooked. I'll make a takeaway for you"

"Thank you" she says with a smile and disappears to the bedrooms.

Donovan sits down.

"If you continue like this, you will lose something valuable over nothing. You really disappointed me because I thought you were over the stage of wanting to please your parents. Even after what they did, dropping you like a bag of weed, you still run after them seeking their approval. I don't understand how you think honestly" Donovan heaves a sigh.

"Owning that company has been my dream since I was young. Everything I did, the career I chose. It was all to prove to my parents that I can do it. I dedicated my life to pleasing them. And now, finally, my father is giving me a chance. I'm tempted but I love Celiwe. I don't want to leave without her. I'm caught between a rock and a hard place"

"Make your choice or lose both. But I will tell you one thing, that woman loves you. Your parents have disowned you multiple times. they are probably flashing this gold to your eyes because they can see you can survive without them which they didn't expect. Celiwe has been with you through the roughs. She's a very strong woman, don't be a fool and lose her because the next man who catches her will hold her dearly and you will never find a woman like her again. I take you as my brother now and I will hate to see you destroy your life over nothing"

"Thank you. I'm not messing up this time"

"Good"

*
*
*

"Dr Nkosi, welcome to Sunshine Elangeni, we have your booking, is there anything else you need?" The receptionist asks handing him his room card and a booklet.

"I will let you know if there is" he says with a smile.

"Alright- ...Oh Dr, My computer tells me you booked for two or we made a mistake?" The receptionist asks looking at her screen.

"No no. The booking is right, she will be joining me tomorrow"

"Oh Alright. Enjoy your stay, if you need anything just pick the phone"

"Will do, Ngiyabonga Nkosazane" he says and walks into the elevator. He taps the card, the elevator closes and takes him to the floor of his room. He steps out dragging his luggage. He inserts the card at room 128 and it clicks opens. He steps inside the fancy room and begins undressing.

He takes a shower and walks out with a towel around his waist. He grabs his phone and dials her number. She picks up on the second ring.

"Dr Nkosi, I was about to call you" he chuckles.

"You can't lie to me Nolifa, You should know that by now?" she giggles on the other side. She sounds happy than usual. This mysterious guy must be doing things right "I want to see you" he says

"See me? I'm can't drive to Johannesburg. I thought we'd do everything on the phone"

"I just arrived in Durban"

"Really? that's great. When do you want to see us?"

"I want to see you alone before I see the both of you. There's so much we need to talk about"

"Okay, send me the location and time then. I'll be there"

"Perfect" he says and ends the call. He texts her the location and time which is tomorrow afternoon.

It's been a while since he saw her, he cannot wait any longer.

He throws the phone on the bed and sits on the chair.

He's been holding back telling Nolifa his true feelings for years now. He thought she wasn't ready but it's clear now that she's ready and he will not lose her. He won't let some guy enjoy the benefits of his hardwork. If there's anyone in this world who can treat her right and give her the love she deserves, it's him, not some security from the villages. Her mom trusted him with her for a reason.

*
*
*

CELIWE

She's woken up by endless kisses on her face. She smiles and opens her eyes meeting the blue ones "Morning You" he says with a wide smile stroking her face with his thumb.

"Morning Mr Scott" she sits her naked self up. The makeup sex has been crazy. It's as if Donovan drank some imbiza the way he's been drilling her. But she missed his dìck. Sex is not a thing she will complain over. If she could, she would have him every hour of the day!

"You slept well?"

"Like a baby" he smiles and takes her hand. He looks at her for a long extended moment.

"I love you" he finally says his smile fading "I'm sorry for disappointing you like that. The last thing I want is for you to daubt the love I have for you. You're the best thing to ever happen to me and I almost threw that away. I want you to know that, you're all I want and need, I'm complete with you. I don't care about the power or the money. I want to be here with you. I want to love you for the rest of my life" Celiwe takes in a deep breath and looks at him.

Donovan saw worth in her when no one did. Losing him was going to break her to peaces. She has never loved a person the way he loves him

"If you ever think of leaving me again, I'm going to kill you" she says. Donovan laughs "I'm not joking"

"You're never going to lose me. I got you for life" he kisses her "...we're going to do this life thing together. We will build our wealth together. That's a promise" Celiwe smiles and gets on top of him.

"Good. Now let me make you feel good" Donovan smiles widely and let's her ride him him. After the sex they take a joint shower.

Downstairs Nhloso is watching cartoons with his Indian friend from next door. The boy comes here in the wee hours and spend the whole day, his parents don't even bother to come and check him.

"Morning boys" Celiwe kisses Nhloso on the forehead "You've eaten?"

"Yes, Aunt Promise made us coco pops"

Aunty Promise is the Nanny.

"Great, let me not disturb you then" She leaves them and makes her way kitchen to also grab breakfast.

The door bell rings before she gets there. She makes a reverse. When she opens the door she's met by Donovan's mom and some white girl she doesn't know. Donovan didn't mention anything about his mom coming over.

"Hi" Celiwe greets them "Can I help you?"

'The mother-in-law' frowns.

"This is my son's house"

"And you're not welcome"

"Did he say that?"

"No, I'm saying it" Mrs Scott chuckles. Celiwe is standing at the door with her arms folded.

"If you think I will let you eat my son's money, forget! He's going to marry Lilly and take his father's company, you will not get a cent!" Celiwe is laughing. She turns to Lilly who has been quiet.

"Does your mother in-law tell you that she disowned her son? For the past 9 months Donovan was an orphan because he chose to love blacky. All these years he's been working his arse off to prove himself to them and own that company, they never saw all of that. And now that he's finally moving on and learning to live without them, your mother in law is back. You're being used to she can achieve her Agenda of controlling Donovan and getting rid of me. She doesn't care about you or her own son. She will dump you as soon as she's done using you, unless you're stupid"

Lilly looks at Celiwe then back at Mrs Scott. She turns and walks back to the car with her head low.

Mrs Scott has turned red like a rotten tomato. If she could explode, she would.

"You will re-"

"Ey!" Celiwe raises her hand stopping her from talking "You've had your way with Donovan for too long. He's my man now and you will not do that nonsense to him ever again. Now, Leave. Never set your ashy feet in my house again" She clicks her tongue and slams the door on Mrs Scott's face.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

870 85 11
I never thought I'd be coming back home to an empty house,a house that is no longer a home,it no longer has the warmth and love it once barred.These...
4K 146 12
An exciting romance story based in Durban kwaZulu Natal follows up on a young couple Bafana Mthembu and Sphiwesihle Maphumulo. As they navigate thei...
9.1K 462 17
"Keabetswe Moloi, I love you and that's more than enough futhi nje ngizokushada"
65.5K 4.7K 92
A random story. Hope you enjoy!