Happier

By -MaddieHatter2-

๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡, Kiara Hayes is reborn as Kaylus Gilbert, the twin sister of Jeremy Gilbert. [ I only own Kia... More

GRAPHICS
1
2

3

314 38 10
By -MaddieHatter2-

History Class

"Once our home state of Virginia joined confederacy in 1861, it created a tremendous amount of tension within the state. People in Virginia's northwest region had different ideals than those from the traditional deep south. Then Virginia divided in 1863 with the northwest region joining the union." Tanner droned on.

Elena looks back at Stefan, who was on his phone. She frowned a bit and kept hoping that he would notice her. When he didn't, she grabbed her phone to text Bonnie.

Elena: HOW CAN I GET HIS ATTENTION?

Bonnie: IDK, MAY-B TRY SPEAKING TO HIM AFTER CLASS?

Elena read the message and nodded.

Stefan ignored the looks he was receiving from across the room as he typed on his phone.

Stefan: THANKS FOR SHOWING ME AROUND.

Caroline: IT’S NO PROBLEM.

Caroline:   : )

Stefan chuckled.

Caroline: THERE’S A MEET UP @ THE GRILL LATER

Caroline: WANNA JOIN?

Stefan: YES, I WOULD LOVE TO.

Caroline: YAY!!!

Stefan smiled at his phone.

When class ended, Elena turned around only to see that Stefan was gone. She furrowed her eyebrows and wondered how he left so quickly.

Salvatore Boarding House

Stefan is writing in his journal.

___________________

"I met someone today. Someone who I can see myself befriending.

Caroline Forbes.

..."

___________________

Stefan continues to write and then closes his journal.

Mystic Grill

Jeremy, Kaylus, Tyler, and Matt are all sitting together, talking and laughing.

Their conversation gets interrupted by Vicki.

"Do you guys need anything?" She asked and despite making it sound like she was speaking to everyone, it was clear that she wasn't.

She was looking directly at Tyler, a smile on her face as she batted her eyelashes.

Jeremy groaned while Matt grimaced. Kaylus made a gun shape with her hand and pretended to shoot herself.

"Maybe a refill?" She suggests as she gets closer to Tyler. 

"No, thanks." Tyler said before ignoring the girl.

Vicki huffed and turned to glare at Kaylus, as if it was her fault.

Kaylus just laughs. "Since you're over here, I'd like another order of cheese fries."

Jeremy and Tyler chuckle when Vicki stomps away.

"Sorry about that." Matt says as he watches Vicki go.

Tyler shakes his head. "You have nothing to apologize for man."

"Yeah, you don't control your sister and it's not your job to look out for her." Jeremy says, bumping shoulders with Matt.

Kaylus rolls her eyes at Matt for apologizing. "Your sister is a shit person but that's her own fault. She chooses to party and do drugs and be around the wrong crowd. She's old enough to be held accountable."

Matt sighs. Every time Vicki says or does something, they end up having this conversation. 

Matt goes to say something but Kaylus hits him on the head. "Ow! What did you do that for?" He asked as he rubbed the spot.

"We have this conversation like once or twice a day Matt. It's the same thing every time. Vicki does something. You apologize. We tell you not to. You blame yourself for not being a good brother.—" Kaylus says.

"—or you blame it on the fact that you two have a shit mom." Jeremy adds.

"And an absent father." Tyler says.
"Wish my father was absent." He muttered.

"And we then tell you again, that Vicki is in control of her actions. Yes, having a shit mom and an absent father contributed to her behavior but it doesn't excuse her." Kaylus continued as if she wasn't interrupted.

"And we will keep repeating it until you understand." Jeremy said while Kaylus smiled, something that scared the Donovan boy. "And I will keep hitting you until you understand." She said, making Matt wince.

"I uh, I think I understand now." Matt said quickly.

The other three laughed.

Other Side

Caroline walked in with Bonnie.

"His name is Stefan Salvatore. He lives with uncle up at the old Salvatore Boarding House. He hasn't lived here since he was a kid. Military family, so they moved around a lot. He's a Gemini, and his favorite color is blue."

Bonnie looked at her, surprised. "You got all of that in one day?"

Caroline nodded. "He told me during third and fourth period. I'm planning a June wedding."

Bonnie wished she was surprised. "You're interested in him?" She asked, she knew that Elena wasn't going to like that.

Caroline shook her head. "I'm just making friends with the guy. If you or Elena want him, you are more then welcome to go for it." She said with a smile.

Before Bonnie could say anything, Caroline had spotted Kaylus and was quick to run over without even saying goodbye.

"How's Elena doing?" Matt asks Jeremy and Kaylus.

"Are you talking about the break up or the dead parents?" Kaylus asks in return, her blunt tone making the other four splutter (Matt), laugh (Tyler and Jeremy), and spit out their drinks. (Caroline and again, Tyler.)

(Tyler was choking a bit but everyone ignored it. If the guy can handle eating a spoon full of mustard and expired caviar on a dare, then he can handle the consequences of drinking and laughing.)

"Uh I was talking about her parents." Matt says.

No one at the table believes it.

But the Gilbert twins answer anyway.

"She moped for a bit—" Jeremy started.

"—it was so peaceful for us." Kaylus interrupted. "She stayed up in her room. Wasn't bossing us around, wasn't demanding us to do things and then snitching to mom and dad when we didn't want to."

Kaylus sighed, clearly missing it.

Jeremy snorted. "Yeah, and then she bounced back and suddenly decided she wasn't going to be sad about it anymore."

Kaylus nodded, unhappy about it.
"I honestly don't know what you saw in her."

Matt shrugged. "She was pretty."

Caroline snorted. "That's why I you dated here? Seriously?"

"There are so many other pretty girls at school, why not date one of them?" Tyler questioned, genuinely confused.

Matt opened and closed his mouth.

The others just kept going.

"I mean, yeah looks are great but you should have went for personality." And it means a lot more since Caroline was saying it.

"Elena's basically like a trophy. Nice to look at, maybe nice to show off, but doesn't have much use outside of that." Kaylus said.

Jeremy laughed. "Or like one of those decorative pillows. Looks nice, but gets annoying and uncomfortable."

"I honestly don't understand how you could date her for so long." Tyler said.

"You could have dated Stacy from Cheer, or Jessie from Choir, there's Regina in our English class, Mabel from Science." Caroline said, naming all the girls on her fingers.

Matt groaned. "I get it! I get it! I have horrible taste."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

171K 17.7K 23
"๐™๐™ค๐™ช๐™˜๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง๐™จ๐™š๐™ก๐™›, ๐™œ๐™ž๐™ง๐™ก. ๐™„ ๐™ฌ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ฃ๐™– ๐™จ๐™š๐™š ๐™ž๐™ฉ" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...
465K 31.5K 47
โ™ฎIdol au โ™ฎ"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
795K 29.6K 105
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’œ my first fanfic...
11.8K 124 24
friends to lovers Rinney ๐Ÿ’™ This book sucks don't remind me