But Then I Fell in Love

Von Jahools

Min Yoongi might be the toughest person any of his friends had ever met. But Min Yoongi has a secret. It's on... Mehr

⚠️Trigger Warning⚠️
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Achievements

Chapter Twenty

129 14 0
Von Jahools

The next week, two days before the trial was set to start, Jungkook was sitting beside Yoongi's bed. Namjoon had texted him to ask how things were going, and he was concentrating on writing him back.

"Kook?"

Jungkook's head snapped up, startled. Yoongi was staring at him.

"Yoon," Jungkook breathed.

"A-Am I dreaming?"

Tears sprang to Jungkook's eyes. "No," he said shakily.

Yoongi's chin began quivering. "You-You're really here?"

Jungkook couldn't make his voice work. He just nodded.

Tears pooled in Yoongi's eyes. "I missed you."

That was all it took for Jungkook to burst into tears. He bowed his head, and reached out for Yoongi's hand. When Yoongi took his, Jungkook released a sob.

"I'm sorry," he said, sounding nothing other than completely anguished. "I'm so sorry."

"Where were you?" Yoongi whispered.

"I'm such an idiot," Jungkook replied. "I'm so fucking stupid."

"Kook – "

"I panicked. I was scared."

"Kook – "

"Please forgive me," Jungkook whispered, looking up into Yoongi's eyes. Tears were running down Jungkook's cheeks. "I-I don't deserve it. But please..."

"Kook – "

"I'll never be able to forgive myself. I have to live with it, but – "

"Jungkook!"

His mouth snapped shut, finally allowing Yoongi to speak.

"I forgive you."

Jungkook suppressed a sob. He squeezed Yoongi's hand. "Thank you," he whispered.

They stared at each other for a few moments until Jungkook jumped up. "I'll get the nurse!"

He ran to the door and shouted out into the hall for someone to come to the room.

A nurse rushed in. "What hap – "

She gasped as she saw Yoongi laying there, eyes wide open. "I'll call the doctor," she said quickly, rushing back out of the room.

Yoongi furrowed his brow as he looked back at Jungkook. "What's going on?" he asked.

"You've been in a coma, Yoon," Jungkook explained. "For almost two weeks."

Yoongi eyes widened. "I..."

When he didn't continue, Jungkook decided to. Tears filled his eyes.

"You almost died, Yoon. The damage Chul did...it was extensive. You had two surgeries, and your skull is fractured." Jungkook could feel a lump forming in his throat as a few tears spilled over. "I'll let the doctor explain more," he said hoarsely.

A moment later, the nurse returned and began checking Yoongi's vitals. Jungkook stood off to the side, watching intently. Although he knew the nurse knew how to do her job, he wanted to make sure Yoongi wasn't manhandled at all.

After she was done checking him over, she asked Yoongi some questions.

"Are you in any pain?"

"My head hurts," Yoongi answered honestly.

The nurse immediately injected pain medication into Yoongi's IV.

"Can you sit up?"

"I think so."

She adjusted his bed and gently helped him sit up. Jungkook beamed as he watched, excited, relieved and proud that Yoongi was doing so well.

"The doctor will be in soon," she said. "If your pain doesn't subside before he gets here, let me know."

Yoongi nodded, then winced. The nurse then left the room and Jungkook and Yoongi stared at each other for a few moments.

Jungkook suddenly gasped. "I need to call Namjoon!" He whipped out his phone and was holding it to his ear before Yoongi could even react.

"He's awake!" Jungkook exclaimed when Namjoon answered. "Get here now!"

Namjoon immediately hung up. Jungkook chuckled. "I knew he'd drop everything."

"Where is Joon?"

"He's at work. He wanted to be here at all times, but he was at risk of losing his job if he took any more time off. So, all six of us adjusted our schedules to make sure someone would always be here."

Tears sprang to Yoongi's eyes. "You all did all that for me?"

"Of course!" Jungkook said immediately. "We didn't want you to wake up alone."

There was silence again until, "Yoon?"

"Yeah?"

"Can I explain why I shut you out?"

Yoongi nodded. "I would like to know."

And for the sixth and final time, Jungkook explained everything - from having a crush on Yoongi to feeling like it was inappropriate to panicking because he thought it would be too much for Yoongi to handle. He apologized again and again, telling Yoongi multiple times that he was sorry for assuming things and acting like he knew what Yoongi would have been going through. The whole time, Yoongi patiently listened until Jungkook finally stopped.

"You have a crush on me?" Yoongi asked.

"That's all you got from that?"

Yoongi chuckled. "I already told you I forgive you."

Jungkook smiled. "I've liked you for awhile. I'm not sure when it started, but before I did it, I'd wondered for a long time what it would be like to kiss you."

Yoongi's eyebrows rose. "Well," he said. "I'd wondered the same thing."

Jungkook's eyes widened. "Yeah?"

"Yeah," Yoongi said. "And I can tell you exactly when my crush on you started."

Jungkook waited curiously.

"The first time you approached me."

"What?"

"You showed concern for me even though you didn't know me. I knew my friends would be worried, but for a complete stranger to care...well, it meant a lot. And I immediately liked you. Plus, you're really cute," he added shyly.

"So, you liked me even though – "

"I was in a relationship? Yeah. I loved Chul - or, I thought I did - but he scared me and I didn't like the way he treated me. I used to fantasize what it would be like to be with someone so caring instead of him."

Jungkook felt tears stinging the backs of his eyes. Yoongi had been through so much, but Jungkook had offered him something of an escape from his reality. He was shocked, yet somehow, honored.

"That's why you were so upset when I told you I approached you because of your friends."

Yoongi nodded. "It made your concern seem insincere. My fantasy was shattered."

"I'm sorry," Jungkook said quietly. "But please know that I always had concern for you, even if it started differently than you'd originally thought."

"Thanks," Yoongi said. "It is good to know that."

Suddenly, the door flew open, and a wide-eyed Namjoon entered.

"Yoongs!"

"Hey, Joon."

He rushed over to the bed. "Can I hug you?"

Yoongi chuckled. "Sure."

Namjoon then threw his arms around him and squeezed him tightly. "Oh my god, Yoongs, I've never been so worried in my life."

"I'm sorry I scared you all. I – "

"No!" Namjoon exclaimed. "No, don't apologize! It's not your fault."

Yoongi shrugged. "Still."

The door opened again and the doctor entered. "Hello, Mr. Min," he said with a big smile on his face. "It's nice to finally meet you."

"Hello," Yoongi said as Namjoon disentangled himself from the hug.

"You gave us quite a scare initially, but you've been steadily improving for the past week. This is a huge development, you waking up. We'll want to do some tests and such soon, and then we'll have a better idea of when you can go home."

"Thank you," Yoongi said. "I'm looking forward to that news."

-

All of Yoongi's tests went well, but the doctor did want to keep him for a few more days for continued observation. This meant that Yoongi wouldn't be out of the hospital in time for the trial.

Yoongi was not nearly as concerned about Chul not getting the maximum penalty possible as everyone else was. He wasn't sure why, but he knew he'd be in prison for quite awhile either way, and the thought of that made him happy enough. For everyone else, especially Namjoon and Jungkook, it was still a great concern. Yoongi had almost died. They had agonized over his comatose body. They were out for blood, and anything less than Chul getting put away for at least 20 years was unacceptable.

The day after Yoongi woke up, one day before the trial started, he received a visit from a Mr. Park Junho. He was the prosecuting attorney who would be representing Yoongi and his friends. It was an honor for Yoongi to get to meet him, but Mr. Park insisted the honor was all his.

"You're a brave man, Mr. Min."

"Call me Yoongi. And thank you, but I don't believe I am. I barely survived."

"And we're going to make Mr. Lee pay for that. In fact, that's part of the reason I stopped by. I know you won't be able to be at the trial, but I wanted to run something by you..."

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

12.7K 506 38
They became friends through a prank by Yoongi's friend Jackson. What happens when someone wants Yoongi away from Jimin all to themselves. Will Jimin...
3.2K 119 12
You're a young girl, who's a little bit introverted and afraid to be under everybody's eyes. You only have your best friend, but it's ok for you. You...
4.9K 324 30
Never in your life did you think you'd be living with bts in your household. "I'm nothing but a fan, you don't feel that way about me." - Shin Y/n ...
193K 7.3K 46
Park Jimin was in a abusive relationship, he wanted to do anything to escape it. He was walking to college one day when his friend Min Yoongi approac...